• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][sake][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

ZVNexus

Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2016
Tempe, AZ
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. A direct link to kernel sources can be found here. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
Download:

Reporting Bugs:
  • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed.
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless.)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Last edited:

ZVNexus

Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2016
Tempe, AZ
is there twrp for zen 8?
I would advise against using TWRP when possible, it hasn't been rebased in years (not that I or anyone else would want to because that's a monumental task). Lineage Recovery should be a better alternative for the majority of tasks.

Also just a heads up I finished re-uploading builds, these shouldn't crash.

Last edited:

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Nexus 7 (2013)
I would advise against using TWRP when possible, it hasn't been rebased in years. Lineage Recovery should be a better alternative for the majority of tasks.

Also just a heads up I finished re-uploading builds, these shouldn't crash.
There are new bring-ups for twrp-10 and twrp-11 based on latest AOSP merges.. not sure what you mean there.

Lineage Recovery is great for basic partition modding flashable zips, and is probably more clean/consistent for fastbootd access at the moment, but unfortunately isn't useful for anything that requires decrypted data (so a lot there), can't flash zips from internal storage, and of course no backup/restore. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you get a ramdump screen, you can dump the memory and get the kernel log with edl.

Code:
    ./edl.py memorydump --partitions=DDRCS1_3.BIN
    strings DDRCS1_3.BIN > dump.log

Send the dump.log via private message.
    1) I can confirm that roaming doesn't work. I will look into it.
    2) What kind of DNS server did you use, just a normal one? DoH DoT?
    3) There is no way that you can change it in Settings, maybe worth to open a LineageOS feature request.
    4) The AOD brightness is a fixed value, there is no way to change it.
    5) I don't think Andorid is designed here that you mount these partitions RW at all. Normally you have dm-verity which would stop booting as soon as you modify anything on the partition.
    1) Will work on a logcat for you with a roaming sim toggled on/off. Will pm when I get something.
    2) I was trying with DoH. But I think for some reason Lineage doesn't pick the correct APN, selecting it manually in the network settings solved the issue.
    4) I found one way. AOD brightness seems to be same throughout, except when the screen brightness goes all the way to 0: settings put system screen_brightness 0
    When it is 0, the AOD brightness is somewhat dim. Anything higher than this and AOD reverts back to its usual brightness.
    Tried latest nightly+root, no gapps. Works brilliantly. Battery life is excellent.

Issues that I found (and some solutions):
    1) Mobile data + roaming doesn't work. May need to tweak build.prop?
    2) Mobile data + custom DNS doesn't work. Solution:
    Manually select APN in network settings.
    3) Phone is permanently in 120Hz adaptive mode. Do this via adb to drop it to 60hz if u want battery life (or 90, 120)
    settings put system peak_refresh_rate 60
    settings put system min_refresh_rate 60

4) Always-on display is always kinda bright, doesn't scale with screen brightness setting (unless brightness turned all the way to 0). AOD is also always in 120Hz, which is odd.
    5) Invoking the "remount" command in the shell (for RW permissions on system,vendor,etc) works. But it causes the phone to take an extra 2-3 mins to boot up, and at the end it complains about trebuchet before asking you to kill it.
    1) I can confirm that roaming doesn't work. I will look into it.
    2) What kind of DNS server did you use, just a normal one? DoH DoT?
    3) There is no way that you can change it in Settings, maybe worth to open a LineageOS feature request.
    4) The AOD brightness is a fixed value, there is no way to change it.
    5) I don't think Andorid is designed here that you mount these partitions RW at all. Normally you have dm-verity which would stop booting as soon as you modify anything on the partition.
    I just had a ramdump and was able to reproduce it: last nightly, hotpost ON, LTE, not charging the phone, downloading a big file on my Windows PC at around 3 Mo/sec. After several minutes => ramdump. Did that already 3 times, exact same behavior. (no logcat sorry !)
    Reinstalled LOS after staying for a moment on stock but Widevine L1 downgraded to L3. Does anybody else have the same issue?
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. A direct link to kernel sources can be found here. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Download:

Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless.)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
    Can't tell as I can't make the LED work, even after several factory resets :(
    I've fixed the LED for notifications, see https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:sake-led
    Can i ask you guys whic happs do you use for camera? does the LOS build lose in terms of camera quality? really hyped about this as i got my ZF8 today.
    Right now it's just Camera2 but I intend to look into shipping ASUS Camera tonight instead.
    hey ZVNexus, thanks for your work. I use your first no gms build. Wehre can i find the new one? Only GMS now?
    A lot of people use LOS without google apps....

Thanks and best wishes
    I don't have the bandwidth to upload both so I just upload what I personally use. Officials come out starting around Friday, so those will be without GMS and have a regular upload schedule.
    I'm using it daily for 2 weeks:
    ++
    no Ramdump (05-2021 batch)
    better fluidity compared to stock
    very stable
    battery improvement compared to stock (not huge)
    no Google :)

--
    can't use BT earbuds with aptx codec during calls from phone or app (Signal, Whatsapp, Wechat), but all listening functions works well (spotify, new pipe, vocal messages, etc...). works fine with AAC/SBC earbuds.
    can't use the LED notification (works for ZVNexus tho)
    The LED works for battery stuff, not notifications. When the next weekly build rolls out this will resolve the issue: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_asus_sake/+/318068