• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][sake][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

AndreaPianalto

Dec 2, 2020
Hallo:

Update 05/11/21.
Asus hard brik...
No recovery, no fastboot...disaster....
phone to throw away.
Sorry for my English

shayne77

Mar 31, 2011
Gold Coast
ASUS ZenFone 8
Hey all,
Connect to my car bluetooth, it randomly dials (someone, I can't see a number) everytime I connect to the car.
I hang it up and it calls again, keeps repeating in which this means, car BT is unusable as its constantly in a call.
Anyone else?

agazza

Nov 21, 2011
Im a bit old so im used to this being called nightly and stable, is there somewhere i can follow along to see when i can use this as my daily driver?

Reactions: adam.718

jaalai

Sep 18, 2021
ASUS ZenFone 8
Im a bit old so im used to this being called nightly and stable, is there somewhere i can follow along to see when i can use this as my daily driver?
Just for info, I'm using it as a dail since the 1st nightly and it's very stable.
Only major issue I have is the impossibility of calling when using earbuds with aptx adaptive bluetooth codec. The rest is super fine, or very minor.

Reactions: DerSteppo

DerSteppo

Aug 10, 2017
Frankfurt
ASUS ZenFone 8
Just for info, I'm using it as a dail since the 1st nightly and it's very stable.
Only major issue I have is the impossibility of calling when using earbuds with aptx adaptive bluetooth codec. The rest is super fine, or very minor.

Are you using GPay and banking apps and stuff that requires passing SafetyNet? Are you rooted? I would like to switch at some point to LOS but GPay became my primary source of payment, so I don't want to risk losing it.

jaalai

Sep 18, 2021
ASUS ZenFone 8
Are you using GPay and banking apps and stuff that requires passing SafetyNet? Are you rooted? I would like to switch at some point to LOS but GPay became my primary source of payment, so I don't want to risk losing it.
Oh no, I'm living in a country where Google doesn't exist + my point of using LOS is not to have Google :) However I use bank apps without any pb.

Reactions: DerSteppo

landsome

May 4, 2015
Hi. Do i understand correctly that using the fingerprint brightens the display / kills dimming?

adam.718

Nov 15, 2021
It's just a HUGE thanks message to the LineageOS and XDA developers who helped me getting it on my new phone.
No Google, pure AOSP experience is a very very comfortable experience for me, it's a peace of mind.
THANK YOU !

arnetheduck

Sep 13, 2010
Tried latest nightly+root, no gapps. Works brilliantly. Battery life is excellent.

Issues that I found (and some solutions):
1) Mobile data + roaming doesn't work. May need to tweak build.prop?
Were you able to make roaming work? Been using for a few weeks now, and it's been great, but I'd also like to take it with me abroad ;)

Mecallie

Sep 16, 2011
Thanks for a great rom! First day of testing now, all seems ok.
I do hope roaming data will work, I live next to the German boarder...

Will there be any options for the screen (90Hz) and the face recognition in the future?

MotoE2014

Jul 17, 2015
ASUS ROG Phone 5
ASUS ZenFone 8

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211205-093400_Impostazioni.png
    Screenshot_20211205-093400_Impostazioni.png
    156.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20211205-003747_Impostazioni_LineageOS.png
    Screenshot_20211205-003747_Impostazioni_LineageOS.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 52

Mecallie

Sep 16, 2011
Does anyone have a different camera app working on this phone?
My wife has the stock rom and compared to that the camera app sucks and so dus image quality.

It tried the Wichiya gcam version, but that doesn't seem to work on Lineage.

If someone can point me to how I can extract the original camera app from my wife's phone I would be glad to help :)

Reactions: jaalai

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am using microg for lineageos, latest build at this date: 20211222 (I don't know on which lineage build it is based).
    i face the very same problem as users with "no vibration": whenever a call comes, i feel a very subtle move (as if the vibrator motor received an impulse, but it has no time to ramp up and is immediately stopped).
    haptic feedback seems to trigger a normal response.

i tried to change ring_vibration_intensity setting from 2 to 3 (settings put system ring_vibration_intensity 3), but the feeling was the exact same.

Is there anything I could test to help diagnose this issue?

By the way, it seems that the menu allowing to change vibration intensity is gone (in French, it is Force des vibrations et du retour haptique): I see an entry Force des vibrations et du retour haptique under Accessibilite, but this item has only 3 sub-items to enable or disable vibration for ringing, notifications, and haptic feedback, but nothing to change intensity.
    So there is at least a bug in the label of the menu, or in its sub-items.
    Hey guys,
    what are you experiences with this phone in combination with LOS?
    I read about heat issues with stock ROM. Is it also getting hot with LOS?
    What about the finger print reader? Also read bad reviews on that. Can you confirm that it has issues or is there anyone where it just works as expected?
    Any other issues?
    The most annoying issues that I have found is that the Fingerprint reader makes the entire display go to 100% brightness, instead of just the scanner part. But it works well apart from that. Also the Night light feature and other display calibration features are not functional at the moment, but the maintainer told me that he knew the source of the bug.

Other than that, the battery life is much better than stock (without google apps/services) The experience is much smoother as I think Asus removed some animations. I have used LineageOS, ArrowOS and OmniRom. Lineage and Arrow both have the display calibration issue, but omnirom only has the fingerprint scanner brightness issue, which is easily solved by a using a black background.
    Thanks for your reply!
    I had the same thoughts like you, because the first time i tried to install it i used adb/fastboot from apt repository and to minimize the potential errors i downloaded the current version from google, but still this did not solve the problem.
    Tried builds from losmicrog from 08.jan.2022 and los from 07.jan.2022.
    Still have no idea, what im doing wrong
    So after reading the wiki and doing some searching, I tried flashing again and first it didn't work. I then flashed vendor boot again with the img file. After that I specified boot_a while flashing recovery.

Code:
    C:\android>fastboot flash boot_a lineage-18.1-20220108-microG-sake-recovery.img

Then I sideloaded the corresponding Zip using sideload. After sideload, I wiped the device again just to be sure.

After I did this everything worked fine. Have you tried this?

Edit:
    I have tried this method two times and it works each time. If you do not get your device to work, simply flash vendor boot again, then when flashing recovery, specify slot A when flashing. This seems to be the issue. I tried flashing both a and b and then it wouldn't boot again but I just reflashed vendor boot, flashed boot a, sideloaded the zip and did an extra wipe after finishing. Works like a charm.

Edit 2:
    I used the LOS with microG build, but in my opinion this should not matter, the issues were the exact same when I flashed the regular LOS and the solution to the problem was the exact same. I have tried this solution with both regular LOS and LOS with microG, both times it worked after specifying boot_a on flashing the recovery.
    Hello. Would it be possible to have a toggle or something to calm down the Volume on the phone.

Stock ROM has "outdoor mode" toggle that enables the speaker to get much louder. On lineage this seems to be enabled by default and/or integrated into the 25 Volume steps

Minimum volume for ringtones/alarms/notification are significantly louder than they should be (minimum on sake sounds like > 50% on other android phones). Volume button jumps are very large, this also affects Bluetooth and 3.5mm jack. Adjusting volume for music is ends up being too loud or inaudiblly quiet
    Hello,
    I would like to thank everyone for the amazing work on this ROM and Anghrim flash LOS4microg on my Asus so not sure it is the right place to point some bug/improvement:

I lost the vibration on call
    Notification does not seem to fully
    Is there a way to improve battery
    And finally...NFC for payment is not working.

Sorry if I repeat elements
    You need to enable Notifications (cloud messaging) in MicroG settings for them to work. NFC payments will likely never work as there are no google play services. For the vibrations and battery I don't know. In my experience, the battery was much better than the stock ROM
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. A direct link to kernel sources can be found here. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Download:

Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless.)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
    Can i ask you guys whic happs do you use for camera? does the LOS build lose in terms of camera quality? really hyped about this as i got my ZF8 today.
    Right now it's just Camera2 but I intend to look into shipping ASUS Camera tonight instead.
    Can't tell as I can't make the LED work, even after several factory resets :(
    I've fixed the LED for notifications, see https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:sake-led
    hey ZVNexus, thanks for your work. I use your first no gms build. Wehre can i find the new one? Only GMS now?
    A lot of people use LOS without google apps....

Thanks and best wishes
    I don't have the bandwidth to upload both so I just upload what I personally use. Officials come out starting around Friday, so those will be without GMS and have a regular upload schedule.
    I'm using it daily for 2 weeks:
    ++
    no Ramdump (05-2021 batch)
    better fluidity compared to stock
    very stable
    battery improvement compared to stock (not huge)
    no Google :)

--
    can't use BT earbuds with aptx codec during calls from phone or app (Signal, Whatsapp, Wechat), but all listening functions works well (spotify, new pipe, vocal messages, etc...). works fine with AAC/SBC earbuds.
    can't use the LED notification (works for ZVNexus tho)
    The LED works for battery stuff, not notifications. When the next weekly build rolls out this will resolve the issue: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_asus_sake/+/318068