• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][sake][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

NisseGurra

Nov 22, 2005
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
OnePlus 8T

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210917-205349_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210917-205349_Settings.png
    153.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Reactions: assasss

jaalai

Sep 18, 2021
ASUS ZenFone 8
Hi guys and thanks for this dev ! I'd be thankful to receive your answers on this 3 questions:
- is there any option to manage the charging intensity (same as ZenUI) ?
- is aptx adaptive implemented ?
- any possibility to choose the screen refresh rate ?

Merci !

Blumi511

Sep 19, 2021
Hi there,
I've been following the ZenFone 8 threads for a month now and I am kind of excited with lineage os, since I will need security patches for my phone, even after Asus guarantees them.

However, I wanted to confirm, that the bootloader unlock does not void widevine L1?

Ah, and thank you very much for all your work :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm using it daily for 2 weeks:
    ++
    no Ramdump (05-2021 batch)
    better fluidity compared to stock
    very stable
    battery improvement compared to stock (not huge)
    no Google :)

--
    can't use BT earbuds with aptx codec during calls from phone or app (Signal, Whatsapp, Wechat), but all listening functions works well (spotify, new pipe, vocal messages, etc...). works fine with AAC/SBC earbuds.
    can't use the LED notification (works for ZVNexus tho)
    The LED works for battery stuff, not notifications. When the next weekly build rolls out this will resolve the issue: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_asus_sake/+/318068
    Hi guys and huge thanks @ZVNexus for your work. My first feedbacks confirming some of the issues already reported:
    - Can't use a BT device during phone calls or app calls
    - Can't activate the notification LED (only me ?!)
    - Double tape to wake: have to toggle "always show time and info" to make it works after every restart
    - Fingerprint reader cause the screen to brighten
    - Can't connect to the Hotspot
    - Notification "USB debugging connected" each time a USB cable is connected to the device (goes away after turning it off in the dev option)

As for aptx adaptive, it works fine :)

Stability, fluidity and battery life look very promising. I'd say that 2 first issues are major for keeping it as a daily but again, thanks for the hard work.
    Try hotspot again, new build came out today.
    Hi all, really long time stalker, first time poster. Love your work mate.

I've discovered an issue with the hotspot. While it appears to be turned on and functioning correctly, I am unable to connect to it with any device. Unable to find IP address.
    That issue is resolved as of the next build. It's an issue that only shows up on newer devices, was able to connect to it fine from my Pixel 3a but unable to from my OnePlus 9.
    Installed, I can confirm the hotspot issue is fixed, bravo :)

My feedback updated:
    - Double tape to wake: have to toggle "always show time and info" to make it works after every restart
    - Notification "USB debugging connected" each time a USB cable is connected to the device (goes away after turning it off in the dev option)
    I use my phone for Android Auto and it's connected to Bluetooth, I use it for phone calls and Bluetooth connection persists(?)
    Yeah LED works here.
    DT2W works without issues here, reboot after reboot.
    Fingerprint thing is intended behaviour, for now. I can't implement dimming.
    That's an intended part of AOSP.
    Seems today's build failed
    Lets hope next weeks is ok :)
    Build was re-ran, it's out now.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. A direct link to kernel sources can be found here. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Download:

Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless.)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
    Can i ask you guys whic happs do you use for camera? does the LOS build lose in terms of camera quality? really hyped about this as i got my ZF8 today.
    Right now it's just Camera2 but I intend to look into shipping ASUS Camera tonight instead.
    hey ZVNexus, thanks for your work. I use your first no gms build. Wehre can i find the new one? Only GMS now?
    A lot of people use LOS without google apps....

Thanks and best wishes
    I don't have the bandwidth to upload both so I just upload what I personally use. Officials come out starting around Friday, so those will be without GMS and have a regular upload schedule.
    I'm using it daily for 2 weeks:
    ++
    no Ramdump (05-2021 batch)
    better fluidity compared to stock
    very stable
    battery improvement compared to stock (not huge)
    no Google :)

--
    can't use BT earbuds with aptx codec during calls from phone or app (Signal, Whatsapp, Wechat), but all listening functions works well (spotify, new pipe, vocal messages, etc...). works fine with AAC/SBC earbuds.
    can't use the LED notification (works for ZVNexus tho)
    The LED works for battery stuff, not notifications. When the next weekly build rolls out this will resolve the issue: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_asus_sake/+/318068
    Hi guys and huge thanks @ZVNexus for your work. My first feedbacks confirming some of the issues already reported:

As for aptx adaptive, it works fine :)

Stability, fluidity and battery life look very promising. I'd say that 2 first issues are major for keeping it as a daily but again, thanks for the hard work.
    Try hotspot again, new build came out today.