• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][sake][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

zlice0555

Aug 6, 2021
- drop down qick settings
- hold wifi
- scroll to bottom
- "add network"
- enter SSID
- pick "WPA/WPA2"
- enter pass

on lineage my network wont come up. it's under "saved networks" but all i could do was change settings (security/pass i think was all, although it kept showing "wpa/wpa2/wpa3" which seemed weird) or forget it. no other encryption worked obvously. it never comes up on the list with available networks.

stock it connects after entering the SSID/WPA2.

i dont think there's anything to be done about it. maybe it's my specific network/hardware, either way i saw similar issues going back a few version of Lineage

ZVNexus

Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2016
Tempe, AZ
- drop down qick settings
- hold wifi
- scroll to bottom
- "add network"
- enter SSID
- pick "WPA/WPA2"
- enter pass

on lineage my network wont come up. it's under "saved networks" but all i could do was change settings (security/pass i think was all, although it kept showing "wpa/wpa2/wpa3" which seemed weird) or forget it. no other encryption worked obvously. it never comes up on the list with available networks.

stock it connects after entering the SSID/WPA2.

i dont think there's anything to be done about it. maybe it's my specific network/hardware, either way i saw similar issues going back a few version of Lineage
You skipped the "hidden network" setting. It's right below where you pick security.

Reactions: DerSteppo

jaalai

Sep 18, 2021
ASUS ZenFone 8
I'm using it daily for 2 weeks:
++
no Ramdump (05-2021 batch)
better fluidity compared to stock
very stable
battery improvement compared to stock (not huge)
no Google :)

--
can't use BT earbuds with aptx codec during calls from phone or app (Signal, Whatsapp, Wechat), but all listening functions works well (spotify, new pipe, vocal messages, etc...). works fine with AAC/SBC earbuds.
can't use the LED notification (works for ZVNexus tho)

ZVNexus

Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2016
Tempe, AZ
++
very stable

--
can't use BT earbuds with aptx codec during calls from phone or app (Signal, Whatsapp, Wechat), but all listening functions works well (spotify, new pipe, vocal messages, etc...). works fine with AAC/SBC earbuds.
The LED works for battery stuff, not notifications. When the next weekly build rolls out this will resolve the issue: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_asus_sake/+/318068

Adaoh

Jun 13, 2021
ASUS ZenFone 8
How do the updates work on Lineage? Do I have to flash the zip file every time there is a new update, or is there just a page in the settings that does everything like the stock rom? If it works in the settings without flashing, does it also work for firmware updates from Asus? Thanks!

arnetheduck

Sep 13, 2010
First of all, thanks devs!

Working nicely so far, a few hiccups:

- similar bluetooth issues as others, using during calls of any kind (phone, signal etc) freezes call application for approximately 10s, then it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't - anecdotally consumes more battery on the headphones.
- no data roaming - checked APN settings but to no avail - calls work fine.

jaalai

Sep 18, 2021
ASUS ZenFone 8
They exist and it works for other users. At least according to jaalai.
I'll give my detailed feedback below , hope other ones with similar issues will complete:
- with Oneplus Buds, BT 5.0 codec AAC/SBC => everything works fine
- with Xiaomi Flipbuds Pro, BT 5.2 codec AAC/SBC/Aptx Adaptive => listening to Spotify, Apple Music, New Pipe, voice messages on Signal/Whatsapp/Wechat works fine with every codec (Aptx Adaptive is the one chosen by default once buds are connected tho). Leaving voice messages works fine. However calling (or videocall) using phone or messaging app makes the app bug/crash. Even when I force AAC/SBC in dev options

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's just a HUGE thanks message to the LineageOS and XDA developers who helped me getting it on my new phone.
    No Google, pure AOSP experience is a very very comfortable experience for me, it's a peace of mind.
    THANK YOU !
    Oh no, I'm living in a country where Google doesn't exist + my point of using LOS is not to have Google :) However I use bank apps without any pb.

Fair enough. 😅 I guess that's the main reason for most LOS users. Thanks for your reply!
    Reinstalled LOS after staying for a moment on stock but Widevine L1 downgraded to L3. Does anybody else have the same issue?
    Im a bit old so im used to this being called nightly and stable, is there somewhere i can follow along to see when i can use this as my daily driver?
    Im a bit old so im used to this being called nightly and stable, is there somewhere i can follow along to see when i can use this as my daily driver?
    Just for info, I'm using it as a dail since the 1st nightly and it's very stable.
    Only major issue I have is the impossibility of calling when using earbuds with aptx adaptive bluetooth codec. The rest is super fine, or very minor.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. A direct link to kernel sources can be found here. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Download:

Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless.)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
    Can't tell as I can't make the LED work, even after several factory resets :(
    I've fixed the LED for notifications, see https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:sake-led
    Can i ask you guys whic happs do you use for camera? does the LOS build lose in terms of camera quality? really hyped about this as i got my ZF8 today.
    Right now it's just Camera2 but I intend to look into shipping ASUS Camera tonight instead.
    hey ZVNexus, thanks for your work. I use your first no gms build. Wehre can i find the new one? Only GMS now?
    A lot of people use LOS without google apps....

Thanks and best wishes
    I don't have the bandwidth to upload both so I just upload what I personally use. Officials come out starting around Friday, so those will be without GMS and have a regular upload schedule.
    ++
    very stable

--
    The LED works for battery stuff, not notifications. When the next weekly build rolls out this will resolve the issue: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_asus_sake/+/318068