Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][sake][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Adaoh

Jun 13, 2021
ASUS ZenFone 8
Hi,
is there any alternate way to download the sake_vendor_boot.img? androidfilehost keeps finding no mirrors.
You are right, it gives me an error too. Luckily, I had the file downloaded previously, you should still compare the MD5 hash thats on AndroidFileHost, because you 1: shouldn't trust me and 2: the file could have been corrupted at some point during the process. Just look up how to check the MD5 signature of a file and you will get plenty of results!

Attachments

• sake_vendor_boot.img
    96 MB · Views: 32

vomad

Jun 8, 2017
Volgograd
Unfortunally NFC payments don't work :( I can pass safetynet (with kldragon fix and props+riru magisk module), add a card but no reaction with ATM or bank terminal at all.... When I return to rooted stock everything's fine.
So maybe it's related to opensource NFC stack?
Anyway thanks for the ROM, it's great and smooth. Gcam 8 with config works as a charm, battery life is great.

Winnie_LD

Oct 19, 2020
Hi, I have the same issue like @Winnie_LD

I am with a German SIM in Italy for a few days. But I have my laptop with me and could provide some logs.

I'm still on the 2022-01-21 build.

Edit: not sure if this has anithing to do with that issue, but Its not possible to manually select an other network provider:
Hello everyone,

I had to take a route through the other day, what gave me the opportunity to test roaming there. What shall I say, I had no data roaming in both sim card slots (vodafone and telefonica).
Settings as described above.

Is someone working on this issue?

thanks and kind regards,
winnie_LD

Satoso

Sep 3, 2019
My brand new stock phone is at Version WW-30.12.112.72, and Version 112.82 is available as the final Android 11 version.

Is it necessary to update the stock ROM before flashing LOS for better driver compatibility?

Mario545

Feb 13, 2015
Is there a way to set display refresh rate to 60 Hz permanently? I saw an option in stock ROM, haven't found it in LOS so far.

Adaoh

Jun 13, 2021
ASUS ZenFone 8
Is there a way to set display refresh rate to 60 Hz permanently? I saw an option in stock ROM, haven't found it in LOS so far.
yes, open a command prompt/terminal window, type adb shell and then these two commands

settings put system peak_refresh_rate 60 This sets the maximum refresh rate.
settings put system min_refresh_rate 60 This sets the minimum refresh rate.
(solution from @vishnu350's reply earlier in this thread)

From my understanding, by default on LOS, it changes between 60, 90 and 120 depending on the content and your interraction with the screen (it normally goes to 120 when you are touching and then back to 60 after a few seconds). So maximum would be 120 and minimum is 60hz.

Reactions: Mario545

Mario545

Feb 13, 2015
yes, open a command prompt/terminal window, type adb shell and then these two commands

settings put system peak_refresh_rate 60 This sets the maximum refresh rate.
settings put system min_refresh_rate 60 This sets the minimum refresh rate.
(solution from @vishnu350's reply earlier in this thread)

From my understanding, by default on LOS, it changes between 60, 90 and 120 depending on the content and your interraction with the screen (it normally goes to 120 when you are touching and then back to 60 after a few seconds). So maximum would be 120 and minimum is 60hz.
Thanks for reposting, worked!

Sorry for the duplicate, it is easy to lose track in a forum structure like this. Would be great if there was an FAQ for LineageOS on Zenfone users; I would contribute if there was one (e.g. a wiki or similar)

Eznaa

Jun 7, 2021
Fairphone
ASUS ZenFone 8
Hi there, waking up an old issue: did anyone managed to get data roaming to work ?
Needless to say I already tried every APN settings possible (even put my SIM in 2 differents phones and successfully got data roaming to work)

Malko007

Dec 27, 2021
Unfortunally NFC payments don't work :( I can pass safetynet (with kldragon fix and props+riru magisk module), add a card but no reaction with ATM or bank terminal at all.... When I return to rooted stock everything's fine.
So maybe it's related to opensource NFC stack?
Anyway thanks for the ROM, it's great and smooth. Gcam 8 with config works as a charm, battery life is great.
If you manage to find a solution , I 'm really interested in. It is the last point

To everyone, any tricks to improve the battery? I can not last a day

Satoso

Sep 3, 2019
Can anyone confirm if the bootloader unlock method is as steep as written in the wiki?

Is it a case of the Lineage developers outlining the worst case unlocking procedure or is a google account actually needed just to unlock the phone?

Don't remember the Zenfone 6 unlock being this complicated.

Not specific to this thread(especially since LOS 19 is out) but thought I'd answer my own question:

Nope, a google/asus account isn't needed. Like the procedure to unlock some Samsungs, google accounts are only needed if you've already linked an account to the phone before.

vomad

Jun 8, 2017
Volgograd
With los 19, you can pay? I'm waiting for the LOS4microg update
Yes NFC is working but my country is under the sanctions so I can't add VISA/Mastercard to Google Pay now. We have national payment system MIR but app crashes after starting it (in latest 05.27 LOS build). Use Magisk 24 and zygisk beta option with 2 modules to pass safetynet on 19.1...

And707

Jan 11, 2020
Excellent, thank you. (Your md5sum checks out).
I thought this file would have to be specific to the individual device (it's a while I went through this process, but I am considering getting another Zenfone 8 myself). Did this work for you, is it still possible to unlock it? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. A direct link to kernel sources can be found here. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Download:

Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless.)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
    Can i ask you guys whic happs do you use for camera? does the LOS build lose in terms of camera quality? really hyped about this as i got my ZF8 today.
    Right now it's just Camera2 but I intend to look into shipping ASUS Camera tonight instead.
    Can't tell as I can't make the LED work, even after several factory resets :(
    I've fixed the LED for notifications, see https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:sake-led
    hey ZVNexus, thanks for your work. I use your first no gms build. Wehre can i find the new one? Only GMS now?
    A lot of people use LOS without google apps....

Thanks and best wishes
    I don't have the bandwidth to upload both so I just upload what I personally use. Officials come out starting around Friday, so those will be without GMS and have a regular upload schedule.
    I'm using it daily for 2 weeks:
    ++
    no Ramdump (05-2021 batch)
    better fluidity compared to stock
    very stable
    battery improvement compared to stock (not huge)
    no Google :)

--
    can't use BT earbuds with aptx codec during calls from phone or app (Signal, Whatsapp, Wechat), but all listening functions works well (spotify, new pipe, vocal messages, etc...). works fine with AAC/SBC earbuds.
    can't use the LED notification (works for ZVNexus tho)
    The LED works for battery stuff, not notifications. When the next weekly build rolls out this will resolve the issue: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_asus_sake/+/318068