Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][sake][12.1] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

roomanus

Aug 30, 2014
Freiburg
Hey guys,
runnin' the most recent LOS Build i'm also having these Screen issues mentioned before, sometimes, Screen is dimmed down to nothing, sometimes way to dark, it seems, that the Brightness sensor isn't processed correctly. In addition, sometimes i get laggy response of the Screen itself. After disabling the Fingerprint, i got the feeling it is better, still sometimes happening.

Thanks for the work on this build...

Winnie_LD

Oct 19, 2020
update:
Drove through France this morning and was able to connect to Vodafone - data roaming functioning. I had to manually switch from the suggested provider (SRF) to Orange F - but it worked on LOS19.1!
Used the APN
web.vodafone.de
everything else "not defined" except
MCC
MNC
APN-Typ
default,supl
APN-Protokoll
IPv4
APN-Roaming-Protokoll
IPv4

Hope that helps...
Peace&Love, Winnie

And707

Jan 11, 2020
Yes, this is the new intended way to install Magisk, there is no separate zip anymore. I even got Google pay to work with universal safety Netflix and Magisk hide props config
Thank you very much, your advice just helped me avoid a lot of trouble too (every way how to extract this boot.img seemed impossible to manage...)...! Highly appreciated...! Root works...!

I'm not sure, though, whether it's still the intended way to install Magisk, as it says 'Magisk ZIP is deprecated' on the respective pages. It still seems to work for now.

francescod

Jun 13, 2010
Italy
@ZVNexus hello and thanks for your hard work.
I'd like to know if there's a way to seamlessly update the Asus base FW, without loosing any internal files / data partition every time.
I mean, is it like simply sideload the full Asus update, then, without reboot, sideload even Los and it's done?
Or is it not mandatory to update it?

ZVNexus

Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2016
Tempe, AZ
@ZVNexus hello and thanks for your hard work.
I'd like to know if there's a way to seamlessly update the Asus base FW, without loosing any internal files / data partition every time.
I mean, is it like simply sideload the full Asus update, then, without reboot, sideload even Los and it's done?
Or is it not mandatory to update it?
Firmware is included in each OTA, it is not required to manually update it.

And707

Jan 11, 2020
@ZVNexus: Ok, I've just set up a new Zenfone 8 with this, and after the first week I'm happy to report it seems to run fully stable, with no issues occurring (not even the screen issues many complain about). So, thanks a lot for this Google-free option for that nice phone...! :)

The only problem I have is that AFWall doesn't seem to run reliably, some apps it just doesn't block (with Magisk root and all). But that's not something I currently blame on the OS, I'll keep investigating.

My current questions are:
- As there is no TWRP, and the suggested recovery doesn't seem to offer that, how can I do a full nandroid backup? Backup over ADB seems unreliable/deprecated.
- What about the unlocked bootloader: Is it really recommended not to re-lock it, and what does that mean for data security on the device (in case it is stolen)?

x082WH2

Jun 25, 2022
We do not recommend that you flash something as old as the Android 12 Beta. Instead flash this. Once done, follow instructions on Lineage wiki.
THANK YOU! I flashed vendor_boot and the LineageOS Recovery image but was also hitting the bootloader no matter what I tried. I also tried to boot directly to the recovery image after flashing vendor_boot, but hit "Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error" when running "fastboot boot <sake>.img". Flashing this gave me a few checksum errors but installed anyways. I then followed the Lineage instructions and was able to successfully boot into the recovery image and install LineageOS.

Reactions: ibolito

ZVNexus

Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2016
Tempe, AZ
@ZVNexus: Ok, I've just set up a new Zenfone 8 with this, and after the first week I'm happy to report it seems to run fully stable, with no issues occurring (not even the screen issues many complain about). So, thanks a lot for this Google-free option for that nice phone...! :)

The only problem I have is that AFWall doesn't seem to run reliably, some apps it just doesn't block (with Magisk root and all). But that's not something I currently blame on the OS, I'll keep investigating.

My current questions are:
- As there is no TWRP, and the suggested recovery doesn't seem to offer that, how can I do a full nandroid backup? Backup over ADB seems unreliable/deprecated.
- What about the unlocked bootloader: Is it really recommended not to re-lock it, and what does that mean for data security on the device (in case it is stolen)?
Lineage has had a native backup solution for a while called Seedvault.

D

Deleted member 12195761

Anyone else tried to travel abroad with Lineage 19.1 and Zenfone 8? Was in Sweden one month ago and did not have any roamind/data. Soon travelling to Spain and UK so would be nice to get some more information around this issue. Is there people out there that do not have any issues with this on this OS with Zenfone 8? I would like to know. :)

arnetheduck

Sep 13, 2010
Hey all,

A quick success report: been running 18.1 up to lineage-18.1-20220422 with great results - followed the instructions at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/sake/upgrade (step by step, exactly) to upgrade to lineage-19.1-20220603 (and corresponding mindthegapps).

Will be testing data roaming next week, the biggest annoyance in 18.1 for me (I live near a border) - will update with results when done.

I'm happy to report that data roaming works as expected in this build (and the updates I installed this weekend), in several countries across Europe - perfect!

D

Deleted member 12195761

I'm happy to report that data roaming works as expected in this build (and the updates I installed this weekend), in several countries across Europe - perfect!
Thanks for the reaponse. Same her. Biggest irritation with the prwvios built. Almost made me drop custom roms. I'm running with microg which is an unofficial built, but that ahould not matter.

Mykemonster

Apr 18, 2018
Excellent work, is there any way to change the intensity of the vibration? I tried in accessibility but that option does not appear

And707

Jan 11, 2020
Lineage has had a native backup solution for a while called Seedvault.
Now, that's interesting...! Thanks a lot, found it. That I was using Lineage for many years now, but never heard of this, is odd... (well, probably cause I'm on a phone myself with TWRP on it). I'll try that, thank you. (just sent you a small donation)

Last edited:

And707

Jan 11, 2020
Excellent work, is there any way to change the intensity of the vibration? I tried in accessibility but that option does not appear
Not sure which vibration you mean, but I use the keyboard SwiftKey (blocking it from going online with AFWall), and that allows fine tuning the haptic feedback in terms of type vibrations, etc. I find that excellent, it adds a lot of quality to using a mobile.

Mykemonster

Apr 18, 2018
thanks for the answer, I mean the optical intensity of the equipment in general, when I move the application bar it feels quite a lot, in accessibility the option is found but it does not allow to modify the intensity

D

Deleted member 12195761

Hei!

Anyone here succeded in getting google play certified?
I have Lineage OS 19.1 with mindthegapps installed.

Next up will be to get google play working. Have manage to use the app but fails when I try to add a credit card.
If anyone have a solution to this on Asus Zenfone 8 with Lineage OS 19.1 with mindthegapps let me know.

Already tried:

In YASNAC safeynet attestation checker it says CTS profile match fail.

--

Also, I was in Sweden yesterday and roaming was working well! So that looks like it has been fixed.

D

Deleted member 12195761

Hei!

Anyone here succeded in getting google play certified?
I have Lineage OS 19.1 with mindthegapps installed.

Next up will be to get google play working. Have manage to use the app but fails when I try to add a credit card.
If anyone have a solution to this on Asus Zenfone 8 with Lineage OS 19.1 with mindthegapps let me know.

Already tried:

In YASNAC safeynet attestation checker it says CTS profile match fail.

--

Also, I was in Sweden yesterday and roaming was working well! So that looks like it has been fixed.
I did manage to solve it with MagiskHide Props Config and edited the fingerprint signature on the phone in Termux (Terminal). If anyone else is struggeling, I'm willing to help out.

roomanus

Aug 30, 2014
Freiburg
Hey guys,
i don't know if this is related to the rom itself or my phone or whatever. allways around noon, my phone starts being laggy heavily. A restart solves it for a while, but then starts again. I cant switch on or off wifi, don't know if this is the root or the sympthom. Also if i dial, takes ages to start the call.
No special or weired apps installed, latest official LOS with gapps.
Anyone any ideas?

thanks in advance...

Edit: it seems to be WIFI related, if i switch that of it seems to be better...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pretty sure mine is Taiwanese, 12/256 but it is just listed as zs590ks on the box. Same with my wife's, which is an 8/256.

From what I was seeing on the ASUS website, the only model officially sold in the USA was the 8/128 model.

The important thing, though, is that they are all supported by the same LineageOS build.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. A direct link to kernel sources can be found here. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Download:
    Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless.)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
    Put up a new build with some things resolved, notably SELinux is now Enforcing.

I also switched from stock's prebuilt NXP NFC stack to the open source stack. Anyone who is able to make payments with Google Pay or something like that, let me know if it works.

Added a vendor_dlkm partition to hold vendor kernel modules so you can flash a different vendor regardless of the kernel situation as the modules are no longer held there.

Enabled automatic brightness by default.

Fixed night light by correct PIxelworks device detection.

Switched from QTI BT to AOSP BT until it gets merged.
    New builds are out, audio fixed along with other stuff.
    Put out a new GMS and GMS-less build today, an absolute ton of changes. Go try them out. Notably, the entire display doesn't go to max brightness when using fingerprint anymore. Support for FOD on AOD added too, all thanks to @demon000. Tons of initial Setup Wizard changes, especially for non-GMS users.
    Put out a new build, forgot list of changes. Try it out. Put up both GMS and non GMS this time.