Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][sake][12.1] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

Mykemonster

Apr 18, 2018
@ZVNexus This vibration function will be included in some compilation, if not, what would be the route to modify the vibration intensity?This vibration function will be included in some compilation, if not, what would be the route to modify the vibration intensity?

Thank you very much for the development and your time.
Screenshot_20220712-224156_Chrome.png

Papo93

Dec 11, 2016
Hi,
I'm on stock version and I have some issue. I want to flash this awesome Rom. The fingerprint sensor, working better than stock?
Is there some issue?
thanks and sorry for my english

Adaoh

Jun 13, 2021
ASUS ZenFone 8
Hi,
I'm on stock version and I have some issue. I want to flash this awesome Rom. The fingerprint sensor, working better than stock?
Is there some issue?
thanks and sorry for my english
Works about the same, but its really hard to get a 100% objective benchmark since the fingerprint has a bit of a random behaviour in both ROMs. The only thing when I tried a few weeks ago was it does not work with the screen off, that works on AOSPExtended (the maintainer showed it in a Telegram group, not sure if its released yet)

roomanus

Aug 30, 2014
Freiburg
Doesn't anyone of you guys have problems/system laggs with the latest build? I got it installed with mindthegapps, also latest, flash went fine, Problem is, if i activate the WIFI, after i went out and the phone had to switch to Mobile Data (German Telekom 5g Network in my case) the laggs begin ti start. I can't switch of WIFI then. If i go back in, it won't connect to WIFI obviosly. I have to reboot the Phone, switch wifi off then, reboot again. Then it is running OK, but still not too satisfying though. Any ideas? Where do i have to look to find some information, logs?

Thanks in advance...

Jgruar

Aug 1, 2010
What is the camera on this rom like? Normal GCam? Possibility of getting the Asus cam working at all, it was done on the StatiX rom, though without slo-mo I think.

Reactions: sirozan and Xt1d36

konstruktor

May 11, 2013
Someone on reddit said that the fingerprint reader does not come up when the screen is off with LineageOS.
Is this still true?

Winnie_LD

Oct 19, 2020
Doesn't anyone of you guys have problems/system laggs with the latest build? I got it installed with mindthegapps, also latest, flash went fine, Problem is, if i activate the WIFI, after i went out and the phone had to switch to Mobile Data (German Telekom 5g Network in my case) the laggs begin ti start. I can't switch of WIFI then. If i go back in, it won't connect to WIFI obviosly. I have to reboot the Phone, switch wifi off then, reboot again. Then it is running OK, but still not too satisfying though. Any ideas? Where do i have to look to find some information, logs?

Thanks in advance...
No probs so far. Just updated to todays build, no probs whatsoever...

Edit:
I am experiencing similar issues - not with wifi but with mobile data. Hadn*t hat any issues so far, vodafone germany working smoothly since installation.
Since update LOS 2022-07-29 however, my phone would randomly drop form 5G to 4G to Edge, not returning to 5G anymore until I restart the phone. Even then sometimes resting in Edge...
Having sthis issue now for the last 2 days since friday and have not detected any consistencies so far. Working in 5G for a few hours, then it would suddenly loose connection (staying in one place and not moving away) and drop to Edge.
I use an ASUS Zenfone 8, vodafone Germany with LOS 19.1., latest update.
Any hints?
Anyone experiencing similar issues?

Last edited:

Winnie_LD

Oct 19, 2020
Works about the same, but its really hard to get a 100% objective benchmark since the fingerprint has a bit of a random behaviour in both ROMs. The only thing when I tried a few weeks ago was it does not work with the screen off, that works on AOSPExtended (the maintainer showed it in a Telegram group, not sure if its released yet)
For my part it works much better. Faster, smoother, better recognizing.

ronzky321

Jul 5, 2012
Hi guys! I'm looking to install LOS. The last time I installed a custom ROM was with my LG G3, which is still alive today! So pardon me for being a nub all over again.

Anyways, what would I be giving up from stock ROM? How about Google Pay and banking apps? I also like at least decent camera performance. I don't need root if that helps.

I'm looking forward to having a working Adaptive Refresh Rate (120 for interacting, 60 when idle), improvements to battery life (even though I have 6-7 hrs SOT with stock), and overall UI smoothness.

I have all the files ready for flashing. I just needed your wise advice. ;)

emc02

Jul 4, 2010
Vienna
In YASNAC safeynet attestation checker it says CTS profile match fail.
I've got all banking Apps to work and Google Pay:
- Install Magisk apk and flash Magisk in Recovery
- activate Zygisk
- install modules:
- change fingerprint in terminal (enter "props", allow su, change fingerprint to ASUS, Zenfone 8 Mini)

now Safetynet Test should be successful

some Banking Apps may still detect root at this point:
activate "Enforce DenyList" and choose the banking App in the "Configure DenyList"

That did the trick for me!

snackematician

Aug 14, 2022
Any way to turn off the tap to wake. I am getting serious phantom touches in my pocket, and it's calling people and nearly buying things
I'm also experiencing a similar problem. Even with settings such as "Prevent accidental wake-up" enabled, and also tested the proximity sensor which works. I resorted to disabling fingerprint and lockscreen content/clock, which seems to help but reduces the functionality of the device.

However it seems like this might be a common issue on stock ROM as well:

emc02

Jul 4, 2010
Vienna
Did anyone run benchmarks with this phone on LOS?
I am getting much less points than expected for SD888:

3DMark:
WildLife Vulkan: 4063 (expected 5631)

Geekbench5:
CPU Single Core: 819 (expected 979)
CPU Multi Core: 2509 (expected 3099)
Compute Vulkan: 4192 (expected 5670)
Compute OpenCL: 4425 (expected 4590) (at least this seems fine)
expected values

there is no background app thats using lot of power and no thermal throttling, phone is cold and cooled with additional fan ;-)
Is this an issue of my phone or is the processor throttled in LOS because of the overheating problem etc...
or is there any CPU governor that can be tweaked?

skothiya

May 5, 2014
ASUS ZenFone 8
Did anyone run benchmarks with this phone on LOS?
I am getting much less points than expected for SD888:

3DMark:
WildLife Vulkan: 4063 (expected 5631)

Geekbench5:
CPU Single Core: 819 (expected 979)
CPU Multi Core: 2509 (expected 3099)
Compute Vulkan: 4192 (expected 5670)
Compute OpenCL: 4425 (expected 4590) (at least this seems fine)
expected values

there is no background app thats using lot of power and no thermal throttling, phone is cold and cooled with additional fan ;-)
Is this an issue of my phone or is the processor throttled in LOS because of the overheating problem etc...
or is there any CPU governor that can be tweaked?
I am facing same issue
don't know why it shows less benchmark score
on stock I'm getting around 790k and on LOS only 510k

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pretty sure mine is Taiwanese, 12/256 but it is just listed as zs590ks on the box. Same with my wife's, which is an 8/256.

From what I was seeing on the ASUS website, the only model officially sold in the USA was the 8/128 model.

The important thing, though, is that they are all supported by the same LineageOS build.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. A direct link to kernel sources can be found here. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Download:
    Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless.)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
    Put up a new build with some things resolved, notably SELinux is now Enforcing.

I also switched from stock's prebuilt NXP NFC stack to the open source stack. Anyone who is able to make payments with Google Pay or something like that, let me know if it works.

Added a vendor_dlkm partition to hold vendor kernel modules so you can flash a different vendor regardless of the kernel situation as the modules are no longer held there.

Enabled automatic brightness by default.

Fixed night light by correct PIxelworks device detection.

Switched from QTI BT to AOSP BT until it gets merged.
    New builds are out, audio fixed along with other stuff.
    Put out a new GMS and GMS-less build today, an absolute ton of changes. Go try them out. Notably, the entire display doesn't go to max brightness when using fingerprint anymore. Support for FOD on AOD added too, all thanks to @demon000. Tons of initial Setup Wizard changes, especially for non-GMS users.
    Put out a new build, forgot list of changes. Try it out. Put up both GMS and non GMS this time.