Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][sake][12.1] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

skothiya

May 5, 2014
ASUS ZenFone 8
Sure.
LineageOS 18.1 Unoficial sake 03/28/2023

LineageOS 18.1 recovery (flash as boot.img))

You must be on latest official Android 11 ROM to flash LOS 18.1.
3 minor bugs:
- then you use fingerprint scaner, it always bright with all display, not inly fingerprint area
- NFC
- color gamma is always sRGB no matter how you set up your LiveDispay
And you can use NikGapps to add google services.
Thank you 🙏
Please check Recovery image.
It is same as build.

Last edited:

azertyty

Nov 27, 2010
A few month ago I was able to build it, but it seems like the devs are trying a different approach and the kernel code for the lineage-20 branch is now completly different.
The previous kernel code is still available in branch backup/lineage-20_xxxx, but for now it's hard to tell how it will be implemented in the end.

ironashram

Feb 14, 2010
italy
A few month ago I was able to build it, but it seems like the devs are trying a different approach and the kernel code for the lineage-20 branch is now completly different.
The previous kernel code is still available in branch backup/lineage-20_xxxx, but for now it's hard to tell how it will be implemented in the end.
Indeed, i had not noticed the backup/* branch before, using that i was able to build it successfully, seems to work well enough for now

But yeah who knows how it will pan out

Reactions: Mykemonster

nirolan

May 22, 2023
Hi guys,
I am a Zenfone 8 user. I always follow the updates here in xda thread. Unfortunately there was no updates related to lineageos 20 (Android 13) for our device Zenfone 8.

I saw today in lineage os logs that the next build, which will come on 26th of May will be lineageos 20. That means we will get an official support from lineageos. 🎉

Thank you for the developers. Lets see, if the update really happens.

Last edited:

DD3Boh

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2017
Italy
Moto Z
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
Hi guys,
I am a Zenfone 8 user. I always follow the updates here in xda thread. Unfortunately there was no updates related to lineageos 20 (Android 13) for our device Zenfone 8.

I saw today in lineage os logs that the next build, which will come on 26th of May will be lineageos 20. That means we will get an official support from lineageos. 🎉

Yeah, the update will really happen. I'll make a thread as soon as the build is up.
Sorry if I had you all waiting for long :p

nirolan

May 22, 2023
Hi @DD3Boh,
Thank you for your time and efforts to bring this device into Lineageos 20.
I had almost lost hope that this great device would be supported in Lineageos 20.

Special thanks to you and also for @ZVNexus to bring this device in Lineageos.

Reactions: Winnie_LD

Winnie_LD

Oct 19, 2020
This is so great! Thanks to all who made this possible! @ZVNexus , @DD3Boh and all folks who dedicated their leisure time to developing this ROM.

T H A N K Y O U ! ! !

Some questions remain for me:
Is it possible to upgrade OTA from 19.1 to 20.0?
Will it keep all data, settings and apps?
Or is it like upgrading to a newer version of LOS which means a clean install from scratch?

Thank you and have a wonderful weekend...

frauhottelmann

Inactive Recognized Developer
This is so great! Thanks to all who made this possible! @ZVNexus , @DD3Boh and all folks who dedicated their leisure time to developing this ROM.

T H A N K Y O U ! ! !

Some questions remain for me:
Is it possible to upgrade OTA from 19.1 to 20.0?
Will it keep all data, settings and apps?
Or is it like upgrading to a newer version of LOS which means a clean install from scratch?

Thank you and have a wonderful weekend...
Upgrade should work, just check the wiki. I screwed something up with gapps and had to to do a fresh install...

Winnie_LD

Oct 19, 2020
Upgrade should work, just check the wiki. I screwed something up with gapps and had to to do a fresh install...
Thanks, I found the wiki. This should work for me.
What is not mentioned, is the procedure for installing microG Services.
Which way of installing microG is recommended? Either installing LOS, booting into it and installing microG Apps afterwards or installing microG Apps during install-procedure of LOS using sideload (if that ist possible)?

Thank you for helping me out!

frauhottelmann

Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks, I found the wiki. This should work for me.
What is not mentioned, is the procedure for installing microG Services.
Which way of installing microG is recommended? Either installing LOS, booting into it and installing microG Apps afterwards or installing microG Apps during install-procedure of LOS using sideload (if that ist possible)?

Thank you for helping me out!
I would think the same way as the wiki is describing the procedure for regular gapps. But I can't tell you for sure since I've never used microG.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. A direct link to kernel sources can be found here. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Download:
    Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless.)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
    Put up a new build with some things resolved, notably SELinux is now Enforcing.

I also switched from stock's prebuilt NXP NFC stack to the open source stack. Anyone who is able to make payments with Google Pay or something like that, let me know if it works.

Added a vendor_dlkm partition to hold vendor kernel modules so you can flash a different vendor regardless of the kernel situation as the modules are no longer held there.

Enabled automatic brightness by default.

Fixed night light by correct PIxelworks device detection.

Switched from QTI BT to AOSP BT until it gets merged.
    Hi guys,

Yeah, the update will really happen. I'll make a thread as soon as the build is up.
    Sorry if I had you all waiting for long :p
    New builds are out, audio fixed along with other stuff.
    Put out a new build, forgot list of changes. Try it out. Put up both GMS and non GMS this time.