Search This thread

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io
And there we go.

Jan builds are here!

Device changelog:
- Rebase device-specific sources for official Android 12 source drop: we now run the latest stock blobs and kernel.
- Silence a whole lot of DEBUG driver spam and stop use of TRACE_PRINTK.
- Use UDFPS instead of Lineage's FOD implementation with a slight caveat and, in my opinion, a big quirk: High brightness mode doesn't exactly work. So, you have to make sure the screen brightness is set to more than 40% at least to use UDFPS properly. However, since HBM doesn't work, there is absolutely zero flicker.
- This build has SELinux enforced. Expect OEM-like signed -user builds once we roll out OFFICIALs.

Note: You must be on 31.1004.0404.81 to flash and use this.

Source changelog:
- Our new color scheme (notice the quick settings)
- Tons of under the hood optimization
- Use our new GMS
- Bring back system wide icon packs! (Remember them in ThemePicker on Android 11?)
- Implement a ton of Pixel specific stuff as modular overrides to AOSP

Download: https://downloads.statixos.com/12-SNOWCONE/sake/fastbootimages/statix_sake-SNOWCONE-20220123.zip

Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• 1642966445017.png
    1642966445017.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot_20220123-145451.png
    Screenshot_20220123-145451.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 120
  • Screenshot_20220123-145426.png
    Screenshot_20220123-145426.png
    79 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_20220123-145437.png
    Screenshot_20220123-145437.png
    2 MB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_20220123-145433.png
    Screenshot_20220123-145433.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Adaoh

Jun 13, 2021
ASUS ZenFone 8
@Androbots Should the old install instructions still be used? I tried the flash script with the new rom .zip file, but it bootlooped and I had to reset. Should it be installed like many other roms with TWRP?

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io
@Androbots Should the old install instructions still be used? I tried the flash script with the new rom .zip file, but it bootlooped and I had to reset. Should it be installed like many other roms with TWRP?
Ah yeah, my bad. I would suggest you to use fastboot update <zip location> to flash the ROM while being in fastbootd. Will update the instructions now.

Reactions: DerSteppo and Adaoh

Sozos

Jan 20, 2013
Hello, I get the following error when I try to flash from fastbootd:
--------------------------------------------------
extracting android-info.txt (0 MB) to RAM...
Checking 'product' FAILED

Device product is 'ASUS_I006D'.
Update requires 'sake'.

fastboot: error: requirements not met!

As far as I know, 'ASUS_I006D' and 'sake' should refer to the same device. Can you please help?

Reactions: Adaoh

Dong_9894

Dec 24, 2017

Update requires 'sake'.

As far as I know, 'ASUS_I006D' and 'sake' should refer to the same device. Can you please help?
me too , i end up installing by script 1st , error then boot to fastbootd , install again using fastboot update , success

Adaoh

Jun 13, 2021
ASUS ZenFone 8

Update requires 'sake'.

Having the same issue, it says that it needs sake, but it gets lahaina. I saw a .txt file with board=sake inside it. Maybe changing that value will help, but I am too scared of writing things to bad partitions so I won't do it (Even though what is most likely going to happen is the flash will also fail because other things depend on that board=sake and just wont be found).

argonautone

Jan 27, 2022
I'm having trouble booting the current recovery for sake. I've tried LOS microG, and everything works fine. But I can't seem to get the recovery to sideload the latest .zip. Any suggestions?

P.S. if there was a microG version of this ROM, I'd be more inclined to use as a daily driver.

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io

Update requires 'sake'.

me too , i end up installing by script 1st , error then boot to fastbootd , install again using fastboot update , success

Having the same issue, it says that it needs sake, but it gets lahaina. I saw a .txt file with board=sake inside it. Maybe changing that value will help, but I am too scared of writing things to bad partitions so I won't do it (Even though what is most likely going to happen is the flash will also fail because other things depend on that board=sake and just wont be found).

Hmm. Try this: flash this while you are in the bootloader (the one with START in green) https://downloads.statixos.com/12-SNOWCONE/sake/bootimages/boot-sake-SNOWCONE-20211101.img to the boot partition. From there, `fastboot reboot fastboot` and run the `fastboot update` command as usual. You should be all set. I did not see this coming, so will update instructions to flash one of the StatiX boot images beforehand.

Last edited:
Reactions: badboys87 and Adaoh

Adaoh

Jun 13, 2021
ASUS ZenFone 8
Ok, so if my understanding is good, what we should do:
  1. Flash the latest firmware from Asus
  2. plug-in the phone open a terminal/cmd, type
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    or shut down and press volume up + power
  3. Type
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot-sake-blablabla...
    (The file in the last comment)
  4. Type
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
  5. Type
    Code:
    fastboot update {rom file}.zip
Is this right?

EDIT: With this method, I actually got farther, but I got a bunch of other errors...
fastboot failed.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: badboys87
Loving the rom, @Androbots. Few things I noticed after installing:
- When finally get into Android each time you reboot you get an error messaging say something about an internal error. You can just press OK to get by it.
- Double tap to wake doesn't seem to work.
- Lift to wake doesn't seem to work.
- Greyscale feature doesn't work in Bedtime Mode
- Can we get eSIM functionality added?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io
Ok, so if my understanding is good, what we should do:
  1. Flash the latest firmware from Asus
  2. plug-in the phone open a terminal/cmd, type
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    or shut down and press
    Code:
    volume up
    +
    Code:
    power
  3. Type
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot-sake-blablabla...
    (The file in the last comment)
  4. Type
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
  5. Type
    Code:
    fastboot update {rom file}.zip
Is this right?

EDIT: With this method, I actually got farther, but I got a bunch of other errors...
Those red arrows pointing to archive doesn’t contain xyz is harmless. Your steps seem to be fine so I’m slightly confused why you’re getting those errors at the end. Are you using the latest platform tools? I also see vendor_dlkm missing in there so that might point to you not having the latest platform tools. Can you check?

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io
Loving the rom, @Androbots. Few things I noticed after installing:
- When finally get into Android each time you reboot you get an error messaging say something about an internal error. You can just press OK to get by it.
- Double tap to wake doesn't seem to work.
- Lift to wake doesn't seem to work.
- Greyscale feature doesn't work in Bedtime Mode
- Can we get eSIM functionality added?

Thanks!
Thanks for trying StatiX out!

- I’ll look into it today hopefully
- ^^^
- Seems like Night light, extra dim and bedtime mode don’t work for some reason. Will look into it
- I don’t think sake supports eSIM? At least my variant has two physical SIM slots.

Thanks for trying StatiX out!

- I’ll look into it today hopefully
- ^^^
- Seems like Night light, extra dim and bedtime mode don’t work for some reason. Will look into it
- I don’t think sake supports eSIM? At least my variant has two physical SIM slots.
Thanks! You're right, mine (US variant) also has two SIMs. A Google search does not help clarify. Perhaps someone on stock firmware can check.
Also, I was wrong about lift to wake; it does work. I think it turned it self off a couple times, though. Not sure how that would be possible.

Adaoh

Jun 13, 2021
ASUS ZenFone 8
Those red arrows pointing to archive doesn’t contain xyz is harmless. Your steps seem to be fine so I’m slightly confused why you’re getting those errors at the end. Are you using the latest platform tools? I also see vendor_dlkm missing in there so that might point to you not having the latest platform tools. Can you check?
It should be up to date. I am on the latest version of platform tools, as I updated everything the day before via apt (I am using PopOS, which is based on Ubuntu). I can retry on Fedora

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As promised, here's the much-awaited update and changelog below:

- Update display HAL and blobs to LAHAINA 18400.
    - Update to May security patch and Android 12L
    - Color picker in Styles & Wallpapers. Color seeds generated are based on the ZCAM color palette.
    - Added Glove Mode support
    - Tons of bug fixes and under the hood improvements
    - Compile the kernel using Eva GCC 13.0.0
    - We are OFFICIAL now! Expect the updater within this build to work at some point 🙃 Make sure you clean flash before updating to this one.
    - In-call volume should now be actually controllable

Download: https://downloads.statixos.com/12-OFFICIAL/sake/
    New update is up people!

Changelog:
    - Fix some log spamming
    - Fix headphone jack detection
    - New icon pack if you enable Themed icons
    - New Color picker section in styles & wallpaper
    - Remove the wrench icon when SystemUI Tuner is enabled

New OFFICIAL build is now rolling out!

Check for updates using our updater! Navigate to Settings -> System -> Updater and press on Check for Update.

Changelog:
    - Fixed a NullPointerException in ThemePicker when setting different wallpapers for lockscreen and homescreen.
    - Bring back the good old Font Picker from Android 11.
    - Update Adreno GPU drivers.

stx-2021.png

StatiXOS for ASUS ZenFone 8 (sake)

What is StatiXOS?

StatiXOS is a custom ROM based on the Android Open Source Project aiming to be minimal while providing quality of life improvements and up to date security patches.

NFC
    You tell me!

Flashing the fastbootimage
    1. Download the fastbootimage from our download link above
    2. Reboot your ZenFone 8 to bootloader and plug it in to your computer
    3. Now open up your Terminal (macOS and Linux) or Command Prompt (Windows)
    4. Type in fastboot reboot fastboot

5. Now locate the downloaded ROM zip and drag it into the shell window you opened in step 3 after typing fastboot update.
    5. From here on, it will be automated. Once the device reboots, you're good to go!

Flashing an OTA package
    1. Download the ROM which should be in the root of the sake folder.
    2. Navigate to boot images within the sake folder and download the two images boot.img and vendor_boot.img.
    3. Reboot your device to its bootloader mode, open up a terminal window and flash boot and vendor_boot using fastboot flash.
    4. Once done, type in fastboot reboot recovery.
    5. once you boot to recovery, tap on “Apply from ADB”
    6. Now on your PC, type in adb sideload and drag the zip you downloaded in Step 1.
    7. Wait for it to complete flashing. Once done, wipe data/cache (don’t if you’re dirty flashing)
    8. Done!

Note: Please keep in mind that this is an beta release and is being actively worked on. Updates would arrive as I fix things so please be patient and if you report a bug, please be sure to explain what caused it and a logcat.

Prerequisite firmware: 31.1004.0404.81
    Android version: 12.1.0
    Linux Kernel Version: 5.4.161
    Source code: GitHub
    Code Review: Gerrit
    Fine tuning some stuff right now. Things are coming along nicely so far.

Hint: Check for that lock screen weather
    And there we go.

Jan builds are here!

Device changelog:
    - Rebase device-specific sources for official Android 12 source drop: we now run the latest stock blobs and kernel.
    - Silence a whole lot of DEBUG driver spam and stop use of TRACE_PRINTK.
    - Use UDFPS instead of Lineage's FOD implementation with a slight caveat and, in my opinion, a big quirk: High brightness mode doesn't exactly work. So, you have to make sure the screen brightness is set to more than 40% at least to use UDFPS properly. However, since HBM doesn't work, there is absolutely zero flicker.
    - This build has SELinux enforced. Expect OEM-like signed -user builds once we roll out OFFICIALs.

Note: You must be on 31.1004.0404.81 to flash and use this.

Source changelog:
    - Our new color scheme (notice the quick settings)
    - Tons of under the hood optimization
    - Use our new GMS
    - Bring back system wide icon packs! (Remember them in ThemePicker on Android 11?)
    - Implement a ton of Pixel specific stuff as modular overrides to AOSP

Download: https://downloads.statixos.com/12-SNOWCONE/sake/fastbootimages/statix_sake-SNOWCONE-20220123.zip

Enjoy! :)
    New update!

- Night Light, Extra Dim now work!
    - Screen colors should be a LOT pleasing to the eye now.
    - Headphone jack now works.
    - Check Settings -> Gestures for some new stuff
    - Added battery styles.
    - You will now pass safetynet and be play store certified :)
    - People moving from stock should have a better time flashing this now.
    - Still working on improving haptics and UDFPS. Will take time so patience requested.

Download: https://downloads.statixos.com/12-SNOWCONE/sake/fastbootimages/statix_sake-SNOWCONE-20220201.zip

1643771343076.jpeg
    New update:

- Update Adreno drivers (anything that uses 3D acceleration should actually see some improvement)
    - Haptics now work like they do on stock. Nice and tight.

Download: https://downloads.statixos.com/12-SNOWCONE/sake/fastbootimages/statix_sake-SNOWCONE-20220227.zip