I had the same problem and I handled it like this
fastboot flash vendor_boot <vendor_boot image filename> .img
fastboot flash boot <boot image filename> .img
fastboot reboot recovery
data format
apply update
adb sideload <OTA package name> .zip
and it worked.
still getting the same * cannot read [filename.zip] * error. I start to think that the issue is Windows 11 maybe ?

dar12ek

Dec 2, 2014
I also have Win 11 and it works ok.
I understand that you have recovery installed. Place statix_sake-20220610-12-v5.2-OFFICIAL.zip in the folder platform-tools run the terminal in this folder
Run recovery Apply update - Apply from ADB
In adb sideload terminal and drag statix_sake-200 .......... zip It should work
if you get an error during the installation, try the installation again and wait a while - it takes a while.
Zrzut ekranu 2022-06-16 062546.jpg

Reactions: ibolito

ibolito

Jun 4, 2010
Marseille
ASUS ZenFone 8
I also have Win 11 and it works ok.
I understand that you have recovery installed. Place statix_sake-20220610-12-v5.2-OFFICIAL.zip in the folder platform-tools run the terminal in this folder
Run recovery Apply update - Apply from ADB
In adb sideload terminal and drag statix_sake-200 .......... zip It should work
if you get an error during the installation, try the installation again and wait a while - it takes a while.View attachment 5638675
I did it and I get the same error message. This time I achieved drag and drop which I couldn't do before. So I think the issue is me doing something wrong but what ? I try download the file again.

Attachments

• sideload 1.jpg
    sideload 1.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 27
  • sideload 2.jpg
    sideload 2.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 28

dar12ek

Dec 2, 2014
I also installed powershell and I do it like this
- adb devices
- adb reboot bootloader
pocz.jpg

fastboot reboot recovery

adb devices

recover.jpg

Aplly Update
updat kopia.jpg

updat2.jpg

adb sideload
blod.jpg

here the error crashes, I repeat the installation
bad1 kopia.jpg

I wait a few minutes
fina.jpg

Format data
format kopia.jpg

I restart my phone.
Maybe you can try because it's a really good rom.

ibolito

Jun 4, 2010
Marseille
ASUS ZenFone 8
I also installed powershell and I do it like this
- adb devices
- adb reboot bootloader
View attachment 5638941
fastboot reboot recovery

adb devices

View attachment 5638949
Aplly Update
View attachment 5638951
View attachment 5638953
adb sideload
View attachment 5638957
here the error crashes, I repeat the installation
View attachment 5638959
I wait a few minutes
View attachment 5638963
Format data
View attachment 5638967
I restart my phone.
Maybe you can try because it's a really good rom.
GUYS !!! I managed to flash the ROM ! I switched windows user (although I was already on an Admin user) and tried again. And it worked ! Thanks yo everyone who struggled to help me, you're all awesome !! I can finally enjoy this ROM

Attachments

• sideload success.jpg
    sideload success.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 41

Hollyca

Aug 25, 2012
Hey guys, has anyone managed to make Kirisakura Kernel work on this rom ? Does it work, any benefits ?

ibolito

Jun 4, 2010
Marseille
ASUS ZenFone 8
Hello after a few hours I'm in love with this ROM, kudos to the dev! I really have the feeling of using a Pixel device, it's great. Just one question to @Androbots : do you plan to add the Wi-Fi only toggle in the Quick settings? That would be great

Adaoh

Jun 13, 2021
ASUS ZenFone 8
I can't see it too, weird... I can see it when searching for update, but when clicking it, it goes to the System tab instead of the updater page

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io
After rebooting it worked. But now the "updater" section is gone in system settings. I'll try to dirty flash from recovery to see if it fixes it.

I confirm there is no Update section

I can't see it too, weird... I can see it when searching for update, but when clicking it, it goes to the System tab instead of the updater page
Hm, I'll look into it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Been using this ROM for a while now and I gotta say, this is by far one of the best custom ROMs I've used. Fluid, fast, looks fantastic, and has great battery life.

My only gripe is flashing Magisk.zip from recovery does not work. I have to extract the current boot image, patch it via the magisk app on my device, and then flash the patched image via my PC. It's kind of a pain after every OTA to do this process just to keep root privileges.

Also on the topic of the online updater, I've noticed that after installing an update the OTA updater will still show and allow the download and installation the current build.

Aside from this, I will continue to run this as my daily driver (just will have to hold off OTA updates until I'm at my PC to keep root).

Thanks again for maintaining this ROM!
    ~Dant
    What i do for every OTA update, download update from updater, after finish install OTA, don't reboot yet, from the magisk app, install to Inactive Slot. Then reboot. Profit.
    Interesting thing I found yesterday, Call Screening a "Pixel exclusive feature" actually works on my sake running StatiX lol. Do note that I am in the US where Call Screening is officially available, so if you don't have it, you probably aren't in a supported region.
    What i do for every OTA update, download update from updater, after finish install OTA, don't reboot yet, from the magisk app, install to Inactive Slot. Then reboot. Profit.
    Thank you for the tips, i've tried it today and it works

stx-2021.png

StatiXOS for ASUS ZenFone 8 (sake)

What is StatiXOS?

StatiXOS is a custom ROM based on the Android Open Source Project aiming to be minimal while providing quality of life improvements and up to date security patches.

You tell me!

Flashing the fastbootimage
    1. Download the fastbootimage from our download link above
    2. Reboot your ZenFone 8 to bootloader and plug it in to your computer
    3. Now open up your Terminal (macOS and Linux) or Command Prompt (Windows)
    4. Type in fastboot reboot fastboot

5. Now locate the downloaded ROM zip and drag it into the shell window you opened in step 3 after typing fastboot update.
    5. From here on, it will be automated. Once the device reboots, you're good to go!

Flashing an OTA package
    1. Download the ROM which should be in the root of the sake folder.
    2. Navigate to boot images within the sake folder and download the two images boot.img and vendor_boot.img.
    3. Reboot your device to its bootloader mode, open up a terminal window and flash boot and vendor_boot using fastboot flash.
    4. Once done, type in fastboot reboot recovery.
    5. once you boot to recovery, tap on “Apply from ADB”
    6. Now on your PC, type in adb sideload and drag the zip you downloaded in Step 1.
    7. Wait for it to complete flashing. Once done, wipe data/cache (don’t if you’re dirty flashing)
    8. Done!

Prerequisite firmware: 31.1010.0410.72
    Android version: 12.1.0
    Linux Kernel Version: 5.4.180
    Source code: GitHub
    Code Review: Gerrit
    Fine tuning some stuff right now. Things are coming along nicely so far.

Hint: Check for that lock screen weather
    And there we go.

Jan builds are here!

Device changelog:
    - Rebase device-specific sources for official Android 12 source drop: we now run the latest stock blobs and kernel.
    - Silence a whole lot of DEBUG driver spam and stop use of TRACE_PRINTK.
    - Use UDFPS instead of Lineage's FOD implementation with a slight caveat and, in my opinion, a big quirk: High brightness mode doesn't exactly work. So, you have to make sure the screen brightness is set to more than 40% at least to use UDFPS properly. However, since HBM doesn't work, there is absolutely zero flicker.
    - This build has SELinux enforced. Expect OEM-like signed -user builds once we roll out OFFICIALs.

Note: You must be on 31.1004.0404.81 to flash and use this.

Source changelog:
    - Our new color scheme (notice the quick settings)
    - Tons of under the hood optimization
    - Use our new GMS
    - Bring back system wide icon packs! (Remember them in ThemePicker on Android 11?)
    - Implement a ton of Pixel specific stuff as modular overrides to AOSP

Download: https://downloads.statixos.com/12-SNOWCONE/sake/fastbootimages/statix_sake-SNOWCONE-20220123.zip

Enjoy! :)
    New update!

- Night Light, Extra Dim now work!
    - Screen colors should be a LOT pleasing to the eye now.
    - Headphone jack now works.
    - Check Settings -> Gestures for some new stuff
    - Added battery styles.
    - You will now pass safetynet and be play store certified :)
    - People moving from stock should have a better time flashing this now.
    - Still working on improving haptics and UDFPS. Will take time so patience requested.

Download: https://downloads.statixos.com/12-SNOWCONE/sake/fastbootimages/statix_sake-SNOWCONE-20220201.zip

1643771343076.jpeg
    New update:

- Update Adreno drivers (anything that uses 3D acceleration should actually see some improvement)
    - Haptics now work like they do on stock. Nice and tight.

Download: https://downloads.statixos.com/12-SNOWCONE/sake/fastbootimages/statix_sake-SNOWCONE-20220227.zip