Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][sake][12L] StatiXOS v5.2

Search This thread

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io
Interesting thing I found yesterday, Call Screening a "Pixel exclusive feature" actually works on my sake running StatiX lol. Do note that I am in the US where Call Screening is officially available, so if you don't have it, you probably aren't in a supported region.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220722-220636.png
    Screenshot_20220722-220636.png
    446.5 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: zenaufa

petenoni

Jul 29, 2014
Hey guys! I managed to install TWRP. I"m rooted on stock rom.

What are the steps from here to install this ROM?

ps: Do i need to type fastboot update? or only fastboot reboot fastboot and drag the the rom zip into the shell?

4. Type in fastboot reboot fastboot
5. Now locate the downloaded ROM zip and drag it into the shell window you opened in step 3 after typing fastboot update.

Update:I was able to flash it in TWRP and then formated data in lineage recovery ROM. so far so good!

Last edited:

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io
A new update is now rolling out!

This update is noteworthy as the FOD HBM should now be even more consistent thanks to improvements made to the LUT table. This is really as close to perfection as we can get using the open-source implementation.

As for Android 13, I plan to work on it as soon as my PC is here.

And for August patch for Android 12, not quite sure when it's gonna start rolling out; it actually might not come out and Google could skip to September ASB right away. Note that this build is still on July 2022 ASB.

Either way, let me know your thoughts about this one.

ibolito

Jun 4, 2010
Marseille
ASUS ZenFone 8

This update is noteworthy as the FOD HBM should now be even more consistent thanks to improvements made to the LUT table. This is really as close to perfection as we can get using the open-source implementation.

And for August patch for Android 12, not quite sure when it's gonna start rolling out; it actually might not come out and Google could skip to September ASB right away. Note that this build is still on July 2022 ASB.

Thanks bro, but when I check for the update I got the "no new update found" prompt, but I can manually download the 24th august update from the updater section. What's wrong ?

petenoni

Jul 29, 2014
Hey guys! Love the ROM, thank you for your hard work!

Is it possible to get ACC module from magisk working in this rom? I can't!

Or any other app to charge control like it has on stock ROM? Thank you in advance!

zenaufa

May 9, 2011
Jakarta

Thank you very much for your hardwork, and i'm exciting for the future update as well as Android 13

Reactions: Androbots

enq

Nov 17, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S8+
OnePlus 8T
After installing StatiXOS everything works better than I thought it could on this phone, coming from LOS (The fingerprint sensor is perhaps 60% more reliable). Great work

Just one thing, I feel rude asking, but could signature spoofing support for Microg be added? That would be truly appreciated

randman2011

Mar 25, 2013
Cincinnati
OnePlus 5
ASUS ZenFone 8
Does anyone else have a problem with quiet top speaker volume? I can't hear most people over the phone or through any other voice call app. It has definitely been on this latest ROM version and I THINK it was all through the previous one as well. I haven't tried checking if the volume setting works by turning but down, but certainly at full volume it's VERY quiet.

alekksander

Nov 1, 2016
very promising rom, thank You @Androbots !

edit:
been using for a while. FOD unlocking is basically the same as in latest LOS build, which means i sometimes cannot unlock with my registered finger but i have no struggle unlocking with unregistered finger. opinion difference here is either about placebo or hardware batch (my zf8 is about 18months old, made in china). double tap to wake is as unreliable as LOS. performance wise it's about the same – at least in real day to day usage (never used benchmark in my life). this rom is somewhat prettier, but lacks few nice options that LOS has. in a matter of sys configuration it's down to personal preferences, but i lean slightly towards LOS. camera pictures are better with statix comparing to LOS, plus statix has asus camera included which might be nice touch to some. this brings me to conclusion that it's time to get rid of this phone and get one with fingerprint reader outside display (miss gestures too).

ps. i wasn't able to sideload with adb delivered in ubuntu 20.04. rolling release distro was able to do it however.

@randman2011 haven't noticed too quited volume with loudspeaker call.

Last edited:
Reactions: randman2011

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io
After installing StatiXOS everything works better than I thought it could on this phone, coming from LOS (The fingerprint sensor is perhaps 60% more reliable). Great work

Just one thing, I feel rude asking, but could signature spoofing support for Microg be added? That would be truly appreciated
microG support for 12-LTS is out of the question sorry. I can drop a msg in our internal chat about adding support for it to 13 and see how the response is looking like.

ibolito

Jun 4, 2010
Marseille
ASUS ZenFone 8
Google pay is broken since September 8th update. I have a message saying that I can not pay with this phone because it's not secure. Any clue ? I didn't root the phone nor had any issue before this update.

Mecallie

Sep 16, 2011
I can't find this in the OP: can I run this with MicroG instead of Google? Is NFC working for banking?
Can I install this rom coming from the latest stock rom (already unlocked and debloated)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

stx-2021.png

StatiXOS for ASUS ZenFone 8 (sake)

What is StatiXOS?

StatiXOS is a custom ROM based on the Android Open Source Project aiming to be minimal while providing quality of life improvements and up to date security patches.

You tell me!

Flashing the fastbootimage
    1. Download the fastbootimage from our download link above
    2. Reboot your ZenFone 8 to bootloader and plug it in to your computer
    3. Now open up your Terminal (macOS and Linux) or Command Prompt (Windows)
    4. Type in fastboot reboot fastboot

5. Now locate the downloaded ROM zip and drag it into the shell window you opened in step 3 after typing fastboot update.
    5. From here on, it will be automated. Once the device reboots, you're good to go!

Flashing an OTA package
    1. Download the ROM which should be in the root of the sake folder.
    2. Navigate to boot images within the sake folder and download the two images boot.img and vendor_boot.img.
    3. Reboot your device to its bootloader mode, open up a terminal window and flash boot and vendor_boot using fastboot flash.
    4. Once done, type in fastboot reboot recovery.
    5. once you boot to recovery, tap on “Apply from ADB”
    6. Now on your PC, type in adb sideload and drag the zip you downloaded in Step 1.
    7. Wait for it to complete flashing. Once done, wipe data/cache (don’t if you’re dirty flashing)
    8. Done!

Prerequisite firmware: 31.1010.0410.72
    Android version: 12.1.0
    Linux Kernel Version: 5.4.210
    Source code: GitHub
    Code Review: Gerrit
    Fine tuning some stuff right now. Things are coming along nicely so far.

Hint: Check for that lock screen weather
    And there we go.

Jan builds are here!

Device changelog:
    - Rebase device-specific sources for official Android 12 source drop: we now run the latest stock blobs and kernel.
    - Silence a whole lot of DEBUG driver spam and stop use of TRACE_PRINTK.
    - Use UDFPS instead of Lineage's FOD implementation with a slight caveat and, in my opinion, a big quirk: High brightness mode doesn't exactly work. So, you have to make sure the screen brightness is set to more than 40% at least to use UDFPS properly. However, since HBM doesn't work, there is absolutely zero flicker.
    - This build has SELinux enforced. Expect OEM-like signed -user builds once we roll out OFFICIALs.

Note: You must be on 31.1004.0404.81 to flash and use this.

Source changelog:
    - Our new color scheme (notice the quick settings)
    - Tons of under the hood optimization
    - Use our new GMS
    - Bring back system wide icon packs! (Remember them in ThemePicker on Android 11?)
    - Implement a ton of Pixel specific stuff as modular overrides to AOSP

Download: https://downloads.statixos.com/12-SNOWCONE/sake/fastbootimages/statix_sake-SNOWCONE-20220123.zip

Enjoy! :)
    New update!

- Night Light, Extra Dim now work!
    - Screen colors should be a LOT pleasing to the eye now.
    - Headphone jack now works.
    - Check Settings -> Gestures for some new stuff
    - Added battery styles.
    - You will now pass safetynet and be play store certified :)
    - People moving from stock should have a better time flashing this now.
    - Still working on improving haptics and UDFPS. Will take time so patience requested.

Download: https://downloads.statixos.com/12-SNOWCONE/sake/fastbootimages/statix_sake-SNOWCONE-20220201.zip

1643771343076.jpeg
    New update:

- Update Adreno drivers (anything that uses 3D acceleration should actually see some improvement)
    - Haptics now work like they do on stock. Nice and tight.

Download: https://downloads.statixos.com/12-SNOWCONE/sake/fastbootimages/statix_sake-SNOWCONE-20220227.zip