[ROM][OFFICIAL][Shamu] CandySiX 3.2 [6.0.1_r61][MM][AOSP+CAF][CMTE+Substratum/OMS]

Search This thread

johnb380

Jan 25, 2011
Masury, Ohio

Hey @REV3NT3CH I just had a reboot while saving a bunch of pictures on twitter... Hopefully the logs show what the problem is. I believe that it's kernel related since it rebooted but here's what was in sys/ fs/ pstore
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3s2mcew4hygj0k8/RebootLogs.zip?dl=0

I'm using zzmove governor profile 8 zzperf tweaked for a lil more performance. State Helper hotplug and I'm undervolted only -10 global but I don't think that was the issue even though I will go back to stock voltage and see if I can reproduce the issue again.

Thanks for your hard work. Everything else has been fine before the reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Found a bug not sure if it's just me but I just installed this ROM fresh clean installed. When I try to get into the kernel auditor from the settings menu I get a unfortunately, settings has stopped.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Did you uninstall the baked in one for the modded kernel auditor? Because that happens to me.

I can't replicate it because I already uninstalled the baked in one for the modded version lol

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Hey @REV3NT3CH I just had a reboot while saving a bunch of pictures on twitter... Hopefully the logs show what the problem is. I believe that it's kernel related since it rebooted but here's what was in sys/ fs/ pstore

I'm using zzmove governor profile 8 zzperf tweaked for a lil more performance. State Helper hotplug and I'm undervolted only -10 global but I don't think that was the issue even though I will go back to stock voltage and see if I can reproduce the issue again.

Mod please remove.. Tapatalk made a duplicate post lol.

Last edited:

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City

Might be the undervolt..go up one step and see if it resolves issue

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
Just wanted to update, still no issues. I've been reading about the Google apps issues in this thread and I honestly am not getting them. I use DU TBO clear gapps. They are already theme ready so they play nicer with both OMS and CMTE themes. Thanks again "Raventech"..

"Chance Favors the Prepared"

dafunk2

Sep 22, 2009
Firenze
Just a Little update about my gapps issues: Open Gapps Stock don't work maybe because too big, but Mini version works great. Bank's happs works as well.
It was my bad because I uninstalled with Titanium Backup too much system stuff to get rid of double apps. My apologies :)
After a clean flash Open Gapps Mini works great.

Have a nice day ;)

Reactions: papikev

slothdabski

Aug 3, 2015
Chicago
I've used DU ROMs before ...... This ROM on paper appears similar. Are there any users that can briefly expound if they've used this ROM ?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app
DU was my daily driver prior to candysix. Candy seems to run smoother and the kernel has a ton of options. There aren't any features that I use that I've had to give up in the transition. I'd say give candy a try and hopefully you'll see the performance gain I did without any negatives

Reactions: jcrompton

xonelith

Jul 12, 2013
Whitby
Just a Little update about my gapps issues: Open Gapps Stock don't work maybe because too big, but Mini version works great. Bank's happs works as well.
It was my bad because I uninstalled with Titanium Backup too much system stuff to get rid of double apps. My apologies :)
After a clean flash Open Gapps Mini works great.

Have a nice day ;)

I've had issues with opengapps too on a few ROMs (stock), but found the issue was with the installation of WebViewGoogle. Make sure that's not getting installed, and all is good. Some ROM's work with this on but not sure why (maybe those roms have WebViewGoogle baked in??).

Reactions: dafunk2

johnb380

Jan 25, 2011
Masury, Ohio
Is it not possible to get pulse/smartbar on substratum? AOSiP seems to have done it somehow.
I love candy, used it on my Oneplus One. But really missing the pulse feature on substratum build.
Ya I already asked if you look back. He said he just hasn't had the time or ambition to add it yet. But maybe someday!

gitchrodd

Dec 8, 2013
Portland
Hello @REV3NT3CH. I found a bug in the apps with usage access settings. So most of the apps I use that request for this permission don't show up in that menu (hanger, lmt, etc.) But weird apps do like Facebook, Kik hangouts. Please let me know if there's anything you need from me, don't think a log would do much here.
2f31ef8329232ef73b27644e2b26de0c.jpg

johnb380

Jan 25, 2011
Masury, Ohio
Hey @REV3NT3CH idk what it is but I just can't run your newest kernel its ok for awhile then it freezes and reboots randomly. It doesn't matter what governor or settings. I need my phone working right now as I'm on the road but I believe it has to do with the kernel honestly. Idk if you looked at the log I gave u a day or 2 ago but the undervolt was definitely not the issue. Sorry I don't have another log but maybe the last one would tell you something. I hope it does cuz your last release was so good I hate to not be on this one.

Also idk why but I've heard a few others mention it in other threads idk why not here but...

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Hey @REV3NT3CH idk what it is but I just can't run your newest kernel its ok for awhile then it freezes and reboots randomly. It doesn't matter what governor or settings. I need my phone working right now as I'm on the road but I believe it has to do with the kernel honestly. Idk if you looked at the log I gave u a day or 2 ago but the undervolt was definitely not the issue. Sorry I don't have another log but maybe the last one would tell you something. I hope it does cuz your last release was so good I hate to not be on this one.

Also idk why but I've heard a few others mention it in other threads idk why not here but...

Sadly I blame Google security patches for a lot of it lol...gonna go through the next few days and see if I can hash out all the issues and do stability updates...no additions or removals...gonna really try to get DUI on Substratum version going too...I want it on there just as much as everyone else.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Candy_Si_X_banner_zpsb0gf52k4.png

This is CandySiX. Built straight from source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM. We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shop

2e8esupa.jpg
    @matthew0776 @mar5hal @gimmeitorilltell @Cuzz1369 @rc420head @Flashalot @Venomtester @Darknites @javelinanddart @calebcabob @NoSpamDan @REV3NT3CH

qy9e6u4u.jpg

ROM
    DEVICE SOURCE
    KERNEL SOURCE

IMPORTANT
    There are now 2 builds of CandySix.
    One build with CMTE. {CyanogenMod Theme Engine}
    Another build with OMS/Substratum.
    The OMS Build will have the letter S in it's name.
    Clean Flash is always recommended.

FEATURES
    CMTE/Substratum
    Battery bar
    LCD denisty options
    Multi-window
    Status bar customization
    Quick setting customization
    Quick setting pull down options
    Force expand notifications
    Time context headers in panel
    DarkUI switch
    Advanced power menu
    Extra IME options
    In-Call vibration options
    Lockscreen customizations:
    -Shortcuts
    -Music visualizer
    -Weather
    Animations
    -Power munu
    -List view
    -System
    -Toast
    Navbar customizations:
    -SmartBar (CMTE version Only)
    -Fling (CMTE version Only)
    -Pulse (CMTE version Only)
    -Slim Navigation (Layers version Only)
    Hardware Buttons settings:
    -Slim Hardware key rebinding
    -Long-press/double-tap actions
    -Volume rocker
    On the Go mode
    Screenshot Crop & Share
    Fully charged notification and toggle
    CPU info overlay (Developer options)
    Snap camera
    More to come, we are never done...

CHANGELOG

Steps:
    ATTENTION
    1. BaNks GApps has announced that they are not supporting TWRP versions older than v3.0.0.0, so It is suggested to use TWRP v3.0.0.0 and up going forward.

Coming from another ROM
    1) Download CandySiX.zip (See Post #2)
    2) Download 6.0 Gapps (optional - See Post #2)
    3) Boot into recovery
    4) Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    5) Flash CandySiX.zip
    6) Flash Gapps
    7) Reboot

Updating from previous CandySiX release
    1) Download CandySiX.zip (See Post #2)
    2) Boot into recovery
    3) Flash CandySiX.zip
    4) Reboot
    5) Please give first boot a good few minutes

IMPORTANT - PROBLEMS/ISSUES:
    If you have issues, I need logs from you (logcat, last_kmsg, dmesg) linked to on pastebin.com or hasteb.in, showing the failure, along with a clear description of the steps that I need to take to exactly reproduce the problem. Please DO NOT complain about problems and offer nothing to help fix it. You will most likely be ignored...

NO ETA REQUESTS!
    Special thanks to @Cuzz1369 @rc420head, BrokenROM, CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, Omni and all the rest who make their source open. We can't do this on our own.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CandyRoms, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    REV3NT3CH
    Source Code: https://github.com/CandyRoms

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Marshmallow Bootloader & Radio for Nexus 6 is recommended
    Based On: AOSPB

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.2
    Stable Release Date: 2016-08-16

Created 2016-06-17
    Last Updated 2016-08-16
    be9apenu.jpg
    IMPORTANT: Please understand that if you flash this ROM and experience issues, I need a comprehensive problem description along with logs (logcat and/or dmesg/last_kmsg) of the issue happening.

DOWNLOAD ROM:
    NOTE: You must clean flash if switching from ANY Layers, Substratum/OMS or CMTE build!

OMS/Substratum BUILD
    CandySiX-Shamu-Substratum-3.2-8/16/16

CMTE BUILD
    CandySiX-Shamu-CMTE-3.2-8/16/16

GApps:
    Bank's GAPPS

Recovery:
    TWRP v3.0.0.0

Extras:
    will put stuff here in regards to my B14CKB1RD Kernel

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.
    Heads up candy peeps. idk how many of you follow my kernel thread but just wanted to let the people here know that im running the release builds as we speak. alot of personal things got to me the last 2 months but im all caught up for you guys and youll get updated builds today
    NEW BUILD POSTED!!!!! Please read OP....we are now supporting Substratum just an fyi for you layers guys like me. Enjoy folks!!! Also if you have issues with the new default governer used in my kernel...just switch back to one of your choice.