• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][sunfish] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
i spent a couple hours getting this to run, i got the rom running after decipohering the installation procedure. The thing i cant get to work is safety net. i have a patched (lineage recovery.img). if i use a patched stock boot.img i loose all touch input.
I tried different magisk versions and the safety net fix but i cant get that to work.
Is there something im missing? Any help on getting safety net to work would be great.
download and apply this module via magisk and you will pass safetynet. I however went back to stock because Netflix does not work with this and that's a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:

grognaz

Jul 15, 2010
download and apply this module via magisk and you will pass safetynet. I however went back to stock because Netflix does not work with this and that's a deal breaker for me.

i did that but for some reason it did nto work. i went back again from the canary version to the release version of magisk_v23 and installed the safetynet-fix-v1.1.1.zip module again and now it works.

marwanb

Apr 10, 2011
Is anyone else seeing this Dialer problem? -

There is an AOSP feature, where if an outgoing call did not end properly, you get a toast encouraging to send an SMS (ie, "Say why you called").

Example of a call not ending properly, is when you called but nobody picked up on the other side.

The issue is, I'm getting these even after proper, normal calls ended properly. Not sure if that's for every call, or just most of them. But certainly not just the "failed" calls.

Anyone else has this issue?

[p4a, latest update, MindTheGapps, no Magisk]

mangokm40

Jan 13, 2019
4a LineageOS 18.1 Update 2021-06-10

Using the built-in Updater, I OTA-updated Pixel 4a (Google Ed) LineageOS 18.1 sunfish build 2021-06-03 + Magisk 23.0 + lineage-18.1-20210603-recovery-sunfish to build 2021-06-10. Everything went smoothly & Magisk survived the update. I have no GApps or custom kernel.

There are only a few of changes as you can see here: https://download.lineageos.org/sunfish/changes/

After the reboot, I went to Settings->About phone->"Android version". The "LineageOS version" shows "18.1-20210610".
"Kernel version" and "Build date" also updated.

I rebooted to recovery to verify that it was also updated. It now shows version "20210610" and slot 'b'.

Thanks to the Lineage Team, PeterCxy & cdesai for their work.

Last edited:

I9602283

Jan 20, 2010
i boot into OS and wait about 30s and the phone got reboot automatically again and again after dirty flash lineage-18.1-20210610-nightly
but Safe mode is fine.

wireroot

Jan 3, 2019
[...] i boot into OS and wait about 30s and the phone got reboot automatically again and again after dirty flash lineage-18.1-20210610-nightly [...]
This is not necessarily a suggestion to you but a question to the others:

Is it possible to return to the previous installation by booting into fastboot mode and running fastboot set_active other?

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
in that case, I have no reason to install this rom. since netflixe is not working
Yea I got it to work on older builds but on the more recent ones it doesn't work. It will freeze at the loading screen. Netflix frowns on modified devices and trying to hide it, does no good.

mangokm40

Jan 13, 2019
4a LineageOS 18.1 Update 2021-06-17 - Security Bump

Using the built-in Updater, I OTA-updated Pixel 4a (Google Ed) LineageOS 18.1 sunfish build 2021-06-10 + lineage-18.1-20210610-recovery-sunfish to build 2021-06-17. Everything went smoothly. I have no GApps, no custom kernel, and no Magisk.

There are a bunch of changes as you can see here: https://download.lineageos.org/sunfish/changes/

After the reboot, I went to Settings->About phone->"Android version" (see screenshots). The "Android security update" shows June 5, 2021".
The Vendor security patch level just below it is now "June 5, 2021".
The Build number at the bottom changed from "RQ2A.210505.003" to "RQ3A.210605.005". The Baseband version is "g7150-00047-210319".

See Android Security Bulletin - June 2021 for details about the security fixes.

I rebooted to recovery to verify that it was also updated. It now shows version "20210617" and slot 'a'.

Thank you to the Lineage Team, @PeterCxy & @cdesai for their work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210617-090952_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210617-090952_Trebuchet.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20210617-104943_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210617-104943_Trebuchet.png
    131 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: wireroot

mangokm40

Jan 13, 2019
VoWiFi, after update

After I updated (see above), the phone was making calls over WiFi.
I checked Settings->Network & internet->Mobile network->Advanced->Wi-Fi calling->Calling preference. This setting had not changed. It was still at "Call over mobile network". However, the phone was using Wi-Fi, instead of VoLTE. I flipped the setting to "Call over Wi-Fi". Then, set it back to "Call over mobile network".
It is back to using VoLTE.
I thought I'd mention this, in case someone else notices this & it's an issue. :)

I9602283

Jan 20, 2010
i boot into OS and wait about 30s and the phone got reboot automatically again and again after dirty flash lineage-18.1-20210610-nightly
but Safe mode is fine.
Find the problem finally, I have been using smali patcher in Magisk, the patch file should be updated along with the new version of system.

Reactions: mangokm40

Edmontonchef

Nov 30, 2016
edmonton
Reactions: TheSayaMan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, i'm planning to buy this phone, but i'm not expert so i need some help for installation

After i purcharse the phone these instruction are enough? Or do i need to unlock the bootloader or do something else before? If i have to could someone ELI5 the steps?

Where do i download the boot.img?

Thank You in advance

• Update your Pixel 4a to official Android 11
    • Download the latest boot.img and rom zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Flash LineageOS zip
    • Reboot
    The install instructions are here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/sunfish/install
    That includes unlocking the bootloader.

My Pixel 4a came with Android 11, but I still updated to latest firmware before installing
    LOS 18.1. The official firmware files can be found here: https://developers.google.com/android/images

If you have specific questions about each step of installation, I'm sure someone here will help.
    Does anyone have a June_Patched-Boot.IMG for LOS?
    Yes, here you go.
    Is it possible to just remove your current GApps package and flash this one, or do we have to reformat everything and install from scratch?
    You didn't say anything about your phone's current OS, etc.

As far as I know, you can't remove GApps. The decision to have it (or not) must be made before first boot.

Anyway, if you're not on LOS 18.1 now, you'll have to format during install.
    Hello, I have an issue where after 24th June update my mobile data stopped working. I can make calls and text, but browser shows: net::ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED.
    I've done full erase reset. It works after first fresh start about 10min, then it stops. Logcat attached should show stopped working last minute, as I was just sitting and waiting to catch the moment it's stopps.
    P.S. Sorry, I'm not IT or developer and very new to lineage os and android, so my help finding issue could be very limited
    P.S.S. cannot attach file?
    To link off logcats (ie text) you can also use services such as https://hastebin.com/
    Is there any other package we can use to install google apps besides MindTheGapps that DOES work with 18.1?
    The 'fix' for the GApps problem appears to have been ready for yesterday's update. You can see it here: https://download.lineageos.org/sunfish/changes/
    The details of the 'fix' are here: https://review.lineageos.org/313028

However, updates didn't build yesterday. I checked sunfish and h918 downloads and both appear to have failed. It'll have to wait for next Thursday.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Notes
    • Before the initial installation, please make sure your Pixel 4a has already been updated to Android 11 official firmware so that the recovery can function correctly.
    • This ROM comes with latest firmware bundled, so after the initial flash you don't need to worry about updating firmware manually.
    • This ROM comes with source-built kernel and modules
    • eSIM functions without GAPPS, but to manage (add / erase) eSIMs you will need to have GAPPS installed
    Installation
    • Boot to bootloader
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Flash LineageOS zip
    • Optionally flash any addons:
      • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
      • Flash the addons
    • Reboot
    Updating
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash LineageOS zip
    • Flash the same addons you had previously installed:
      • Flash the addons
    • Reboot
    Downloads

Official: https://download.lineageos.org/sunfish

Reporting bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/* (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
    • On the first boot, you might be presented the message "SIM Manager has crashed". You can safely ignore it.
    Source Code

4a LineageOS 18.1 Update 2021-05-13 - Security Bump

Using the built-in Updater, I OTA-updated Pixel 4a (Google Ed) LineageOS 18.1 sunfish build 2021-05-06 + Magisk 23.0 + lineage-18.1-20210506-recovery-sunfish to build 2021-05-13. Everything went smoothly & Magisk survived the update.

There are a bunch of changes as you can see here: https://download.lineageos.org/sunfish/changes/

After the reboot, I went to Settings->About phone->"Android version" (see screenshots). The "Android security update" shows "May 5, 2021".
    The Vendor security patch level just below it is now "May 5, 2021".
    The Build number at the bottom changed from "RQ2A.210405.005" to "RQ2A.210505.003".

See Android Security Bulletin - May 2021 for details about the security fixes.

I rebooted to recovery to verify that it was also updated. It now shows version "2021-05-13" and slot 'a'.

Thank you to the Lineage Team, @PeterCxy & @cdesai for their work.

In a poor man's homage to @curiousrom, I have used his postings as a template for mine.
    They have been very helpful with my daily driver (S5) for a loooong time. :geek:
    I happened to install the last unofficial LOS (lineage-18.1-20210308) on a new phone an hour before this was released. I have everything setup and installed, safetynet passes etc etc, is it worth upgrading to this? Are there any big differences?

Also, is it possible to use twrp with this or lineage-18.1-20210308?

Thanks.
    The unofficial build will still be updated, but if you don't need microG it might be a better idea to switch to the official build for more timely updates and official guarantees. Of course, to switch to the official build, you have to wipe all data and start over.

I have no experience with TWRP on Pixel 4a.
    please tell us what method worked for you

please tell us what method worked for you!
    1. extract the boot from LOS payload.bin
    2. install Magisk 22 by patching the extracted boot image
    3. hide the magisk from: google play store, play services, gpay, clear data for all these apps.
    4. install magisk module safetynet-fix-v1.1.1.zip
    5. reboot
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Notes
    • Before the initial installation, please make sure your Pixel 4a has already been updated to Android 11 official firmware so that the recovery can function correctly.
    • This ROM comes with latest firmware bundled, so after the initial flash you don't need to worry about updating firmware manually.
    • This ROM comes with source-built kernel and modules
    • eSIM functions without GAPPS, but to manage (add / erase) eSIMs you will need to have GAPPS installed
    Installation
    • Boot to bootloader
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Flash LineageOS zip
    • Optionally flash any addons:
      • Flash the addons
    • Reboot
    Updating
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash LineageOS zip
    • Flash the same addons you had previously installed:
      • Flash the addons
    • Reboot
    Downloads

Official: https://download.lineageos.org/sunfish

Reporting bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/* (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
    • On the first boot, you might be presented the message "SIM Manager has crashed". You can safely ignore it.
    Source Code

Using it now... ROM is stable, smooth and fast... as of now...

Initially, I couldn't call or text but after resetting the apn and switching it once to 2G and reverting back to 4G should fix that...( Jio users India).

Used nikgapps