[ROM][OFFICIAL][sunfish] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

marwanb

Apr 10, 2011
Trying to understand the bottom line regarding the 18.1 Update 2021-06-17,
From the posts by @mma1162 and @Edmontonchef et al, it seems that doing this update when having MindTheGapps installed, is not possible unless one does a factory-reset. Is that the case?
If so, is there a chance this will be fixed in some upcoming build? (@PeterCxy)

Theodor0504

Oct 9, 2019
Hello I need some help... Whenever I try to update I am getting a bootloop. Then I reboot and my phone boots up and the update is not installed. Do I have two lineageos slots? If so is it possible to just install it in one slot? Or what do you guys suggest?

wireroot

Jan 3, 2019
[...] Do I have two lineageos slots? [...]
Yes, the Pixel 4a has the A/B partitioning scheme. In case an update to the other slot fails, you are returned to the working slot. Therefore you still have a functioning OS even if the update is failing to boot as in your case.

[...] If so is it possible to just install it in one slot? [...]
If the update already did not succeed and you are luckily returned to a working state why would you want to be stuck in a boot loop forever?

If you browse a little bit back in the thread, you will notice that there is an ongoing discussion about update problems with the latest build.
Is anyone else not able to update to this weeks build?

People are more likely to be able to help you if you provide more details about your configuration such as:
  • which version you come from
  • which version you try to update to
  • which kernel?
  • root?
  • (which) gapps?

Theodor0504

Oct 9, 2019
Yes, the Pixel 4a has the A/B partitioning scheme. In case an update to the other slot fails, you are returned to the working slot. Therefore you still have a functioning OS even if the update is failing to boot as in your case.

If the update already did not succeed and you are luckily returned to a working state why would you want to be stuck in a boot loop forever?

If you browse a little bit back in the thread, you will notice that there is an ongoing discussion about update problems with the latest build.

People are more likely to be able to help you if you provide more details about your configuration such as:
  • which version you come from
  • which version you try to update to
  • which kernel?
  • root?
  • (which) gapps?
Oh I an sorry i Saw that now. I am running lineageos 18.1 10th June update, with No costum kernel and I have root and The gapps I use are the gapps lineageos suggested in their guide. I am trying to update to the 17 June update.

k4tfish

Jun 22, 2013
Nexus 7
Moto G7
I took the 0617 build from today and ended up in a boot loop. So I switched the slot and was able to boot the 0610 build. I could not connect to mobile network. So I flashed the magisk patched boot image from 0610 as well as I though thats might the issue. Nope, boot loop again. also with the boot image from the 0610 build. Any Ideas?

Should I have to clean flash, should I use open gapps or step back to 0610 with mind again?

mangokm40

Jan 13, 2019
Sorry for the MindTheGapps compatibility mess this month -- it will hopefully be fixed in the next weekly build.

Thanks for this ROM. It's been great for me. This phone is set to become my daily driver in the next couple of weeks. I really appreciate your making this available. Is there a way to buy you a beer? :cool:

mujju_0

Jun 27, 2021
Does it supports widewine l1 . because pixel 4a lost widewine l1 .if I flash this will I get widewine l1

grognaz

Jul 15, 2010
How is the update process working? On the first page it says reboot and flash the zip.
Does that mean the built in updater can not be used and the image and mods need to be sideloaded?

sk8223

Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
Unfortunately the June 24th build doesn’t work with the MindtheGapps package LOS suggests. Gets stuck on a boot loop. Hope there’s a permanent solution to this soon as I don’t have time to factory reset and load all my stuff on this ROM again. 😥

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Notes
    • Before the initial installation, please make sure your Pixel 4a has already been updated to Android 11 official firmware so that the recovery can function correctly.
    • This ROM comes with latest firmware bundled, so after the initial flash you don't need to worry about updating firmware manually.
    • This ROM comes with source-built kernel and modules
    • eSIM functions without GAPPS, but to manage (add / erase) eSIMs you will need to have GAPPS installed
    Installation
    • Update your Pixel 4a to official Android 11
    • Download the latest boot.img and rom zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Flash LineageOS zip
    • Optionally flash any addons:
      • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
      • Flash the addons
    • Reboot
    Updating
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash LineageOS zip
    • Flash the same addons you had previously installed:
      • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
      • Flash the addons
    • Reboot
    Downloads

Official: https://download.lineageos.org/sunfish

Reporting bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/* (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
    • On the first boot, you might be presented the message "SIM Manager has crashed". You can safely ignore it.
    Source Code

4a LineageOS 18.1 Update 2021-11-18 - Security Bump

Using the built-in Updater, I OTA-updated Pixel 4a (Google Ed) LineageOS 18.1 sunfish build 2021-10-14 + lineage-18.1-20211014-recovery-sunfish to build 2021-11-18. I have no GApps, no custom-kernel, and Magisk is not installed. Everything went smoothly.

There are a bunch of changes as you can see here: https://download.lineageos.org/sunfish/changes/

After the reboot, I went to Settings->About phone->"Android version". The "Android security update" now shows "November 5, 2021".
    The Vendor security patch level (just below) is now "October 1, 2021".
    The Build number at the bottom is "RQ3A.211001.001 10036888".
    This appears to be the last Vendor security patch for Android 11. The 1105 firmware is for Android 12.

See Android Security Bulletin - November 2021 for details about the security fixes.

I rebooted to recovery to verify that it was also updated. It now shows version "20211118" and active slot 'b'.

Thank you to the Lineage Team, PeterCxy & cdesai for their work.
    please tell us what method worked for you

please tell us what method worked for you!
    1. extract the boot from LOS payload.bin
    2. install Magisk 22 by patching the extracted boot image
    3. hide the magisk from: google play store, play services, gpay, clear data for all these apps.
    4. install magisk module safetynet-fix-v1.1.1.zip
    5. reboot
    There is no hope, the quality of the asocial media is as bad as with stock ROM.
    4a LineageOS 18.1 Update 2021-05-13 - Security Bump

Using the built-in Updater, I OTA-updated Pixel 4a (Google Ed) LineageOS 18.1 sunfish build 2021-05-06 + Magisk 23.0 + lineage-18.1-20210506-recovery-sunfish to build 2021-05-13. Everything went smoothly & Magisk survived the update.

There are a bunch of changes as you can see here: https://download.lineageos.org/sunfish/changes/

After the reboot, I went to Settings->About phone->"Android version" (see screenshots). The "Android security update" shows "May 5, 2021".
    The Vendor security patch level just below it is now "May 5, 2021".
    The Build number at the bottom changed from "RQ2A.210405.005" to "RQ2A.210505.003".

See Android Security Bulletin - May 2021 for details about the security fixes.

I rebooted to recovery to verify that it was also updated. It now shows version "2021-05-13" and slot 'a'.

Thank you to the Lineage Team, @PeterCxy & @cdesai for their work.

In a poor man's homage to @curiousrom, I have used his postings as a template for mine.
    They have been very helpful with my daily driver (S5) for a loooong time. :geek: