[ROM][OFFICIAL][sunfish] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Chaplan

Jan 8, 2008
No Place
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Google Pixel 4a
Flashed the first official build with open gapps Micro, had to install google's web view because some apps derp with the included one.
Besides that when opening HBO Portugal APP either to stream or playback downloaded content the app errors out stating the content can't be played.
Attaching an SS of the log error that comes up when I hit the play button.
Screenshot_20210404-124531_Logcat_Reader.png

claviger-pc

Jan 14, 2021
any idea why nikogapps stock package doesn't work (device does not boot ) but Core package does?
i used stock package. One trick I remembered was to boot lineage first without gapps or root. Then reboot and flash gapps. This was something that often had to be done on certain devices. I have it all set up and seems to be working just fine. Also, make sure that you have Android 11 flashed on both slots (fastboot set_active a (or b)).

Reactions: wawap68

roxy1712

May 31, 2012
Washington, DC
i used stock package. One trick I remembered was to boot lineage first without gapps or root. Then reboot and flash gapps. This was something that often had to be done on certain devices. I have it all set up and seems to be working just fine. Also, make sure that you have Android 11 flashed on both slots (fastboot set_active a (or b)).

When I flashed and booted without MindTheGapps, then sideloaded after, it worked great.

Unfortunately now dealing with a nasty bootloop after I try to flash the Magisk patch... it'll load everything but screen will become unresponsive and inevitably reboot.
Fixed by doing the direct install from Magisk instead of sideloading the patch... works great now!

Last edited:
Reactions: wawap68

PeterCxy

Jul 15, 2013
Firstly, I want to thank the Lineage team and those who accompany our device.
I have been using this firmware since April 1 and have not seen any particular problems. However, it lacks some features that were in the RR 8 - a charging indicator when displaying a textual charge level, an extended reboot menu (recovery and bootloader). Or maybe I didn't find it =)

And as far as I understand it is now impossible to update LOS 18.1 via OTA, but only through recovery?
System Updater should work.

Reactions: droncheg

dlbarron

Nov 15, 2013
Cary
I'm currently running stock ROM on my sunfish, but I always ran Lineage on my old Nexus so I'd like to switch. Unfortunately, I have several two-factor authentication apps that I cannot do without and getting them setup is a pain. I have to ask for permission and be "allowed" to re-enroll.
So, my question is. How much do I lose if I install Lineage?
One of the steps in the install is to "Format data" and that worries me.

PeterCxy

Jul 15, 2013
I'm currently running stock ROM on my sunfish, but I always ran Lineage on my old Nexus so I'd like to switch. Unfortunately, I have several two-factor authentication apps that I cannot do without and getting them setup is a pain. I have to ask for permission and be "allowed" to re-enroll.
So, my question is. How much do I lose if I install Lineage?
One of the steps in the install is to "Format data" and that worries me.
You basically need to wipe all data when switching ROMs. It's impossible to switch ROMs without losing all data.

For 2FA, I personally use KeePass to store the keys so that I don't lose them every time I wipe / change my phone, because I am a custom ROM developer and I wipe my phones very often.

miko12312

Sep 11, 2009
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 6
please tell us what method worked for you!
1. Enter fastboot ,fastboot flash boot boot.img
2.restart into recover
3. Wipe data
4.reboot into recovery
5. Sideload rom.zip
5.download https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=322935 these gapps
6.do not flash after sideloading rom , after sideloading rom reboot into recovery and sideload gapps, it will say failed signature verification, just finish installing reboot into phone
7. Install magisk canary v21 only one all modules like viper4android works with pixel 4a just update magisk patch boot and flash v21 mod in magisk to downgrade,use safteynet fix mod, magisk hide prop mod , use pixel 4a 5g, pass , also use fkm to flash different kernel Blu spark best and fsocitey best options
Sorry I can't provide full info on sfatynet pass fix on here

Last edited:

droncheg

Aug 18, 2016
Krasnodar
Just flashed new 080421 build via OTA - stuck on boot animation. Forced reboot via power+volume up, booted back to 010421 and tried again - same result with 15 mins of waiting at boot animation. Booted again to 010421 and rebooted to recovery, flashed 080421 via adb, rebooted to recovery again, flashed magisk 22 and mindcoregapps and it's works!

Seems OTA flashing not ready for use? Or it's because of magisk and gapps?

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
Just flashed new 080421 build via OTA - stuck on boot animation. Forced reboot via power+volume up, booted back to 010421 and tried again - same result with 15 mins of waiting at boot animation. Booted again to 010421 and rebooted to recovery, flashed 080421 via adb, rebooted to recovery again, flashed magisk 22 and mindcoregapps and it's works!

Seems OTA flashing not ready for use? Or it's because of magisk and gapps?
Worked fine for me. Maybe it's mindthegapps derping, happened to me exactly the same while flashing unofficials builds.
lineage-18.1-20210408-nightly OTA flashed fine with open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210130-TEST.zip and Magisk v22.0, keeping all nicely updated after reboot.
Just flashed blu_spark kernel after and I'm at home :)

No April ASB merged in it seems @PeterCxy?

droncheg

Aug 18, 2016
Krasnodar
Worked fine for me. Maybe it's mindthegapps derping, happened to me exactly the same while flashing unofficials builds.
Test clean install of 010421 with opengapps and magisk, ota upgrade to 080421. Yep, this works fine. Damn mindgapps =)

Offtop (if its possible) - can anyone tested Viper4android on this rom? How to make it work? Added via Magisk modules, rebooted, disabled AudioFX, entered in V4A, rebooted again, switched on some settings, but still not working (even in compat or old mode). Tested on Youtube Vanced.

Last edited:

miko12312

Sep 11, 2009
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 6
Test clean install of 010421 with opengapps and magisk, ota upgrade to 080421. Yep, this works fine. Damn mindgapps =)

Offtop (if its possible) - can anyone tested Viper4android on this rom? How to make it work? Added via Magisk modules, rebooted, disabled AudioFX, entered in V4A, rebooted again, switched on some settings, but still not working (even in compat or old mode). Tested on Youtube Vanced.
Need magisk v21 and a certain v4a to make it work and switch to legacy mode also audio mod for magisk only way I have tested to work there is not any other way that has worked

miko12312

Sep 11, 2009
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 6

You need to install magisk canary let it update , install audio modification library magisk mod ,viper4android 2.7.2.1,and in the module page of magisk go-to install from storage and install magisk v21.zip and reboot ,allow proper privileges and install drivers for v4a and choose legacy mode in settings check driver status for yes and enable master limiter option , also convolver and ddc can be modified and added only while plugged into PC and added to android data folder viper4android

Reactions: droncheg

sk8223

Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread. :confused:

But I started using this ROM, and it seems pretty stable. Thank you OP! No major crashes other than setup--some weird msg about the SIM crashing but it hasn't come up again.

1 thing I miss from stock is the Pixel Camera, the Google Camera app from the Play Store produces some really grainy photos with this ROM. I'm not surprised since the stock ROM would contain a lot of tweaks and processing to make the camera hardware work well. I'll flash a Gcam port at some point but we'll never get stock ROM-level photo image quality unfortunately. Not a big deal for me because I don't intend to make this 4a my daily driver.

I flashed Nikgapps' basic package (Canary), it contains some carrier bloat I don't care for. I don't recommend this package unless you use Google Fi as it forces the Fi app to stay enabled. Go with the core package instead.

After that, I flashed Magisk 22, Universal SafetyNet Fix, EdXposed and a couple of other Magisk Modules. Everything is looking good so far. @eng.stk's kernel is working well here too, but I understand that no support will be given for custom ROMs. Still worth using, thank you!

Last edited:

miko12312

Sep 11, 2009
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 6
Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread. :confused:

But I started using this ROM, and it seems pretty stable. Thank you OP! No major crashes other than setup--some weird msg about the SIM crashing but it hasn't come up again.

1 thing I miss from stock is the Pixel Camera, the Google Camera app from the Play Store produces some really grainy photos with this ROM. I'm not surprised since the stock ROM would contain a lot of tweaks and processing to make the camera hardware work well. I'll flash a Gcam port at some point but we'll never get stock ROM-level photo image quality unfortunately. Not a big deal for me because I don't intend to make this 4a my daily driver.

I flashed Nikgapps' basic package (Canary), it contains some carrier bloat I don't care for. I don't recommend this package unless you use Google Fi as it forces the Fi app to stay enabled. Go with the core package instead.

After that, I flashed Magisk 22, Universal SafetyNet Fix, EdXposed and a couple of other Magisk Modules. Everything is looking good so far. @eng.stk's kernel is working well here too, but I understand that no support will be given for custom ROMs. Still worth using, thank you!
What version of edxposed and riru ,riru edxposed did you use and can you confirm it works , as of right now latest riru and edxposed not working or are not detected

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Notes
    • Before the initial installation, please make sure your Pixel 4a has already been updated to Android 11 official firmware so that the recovery can function correctly.
    • This ROM comes with latest firmware bundled, so after the initial flash you don't need to worry about updating firmware manually.
    • This ROM comes with source-built kernel and modules
    • eSIM functions without GAPPS, but to manage (add / erase) eSIMs you will need to have GAPPS installed
    Installation
    • Update your Pixel 4a to official Android 11
    • Download the latest boot.img and rom zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Flash LineageOS zip
    • Optionally flash any addons:
      • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
      • Flash the addons
    • Reboot
    Updating
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash LineageOS zip
    • Flash the same addons you had previously installed:
      • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
      • Flash the addons
    • Reboot
    Downloads

Official: https://download.lineageos.org/sunfish

Reporting bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/* (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
    • On the first boot, you might be presented the message "SIM Manager has crashed". You can safely ignore it.
    Source Code

4a LineageOS 18.1 Update 2021-11-18 - Security Bump

Using the built-in Updater, I OTA-updated Pixel 4a (Google Ed) LineageOS 18.1 sunfish build 2021-10-14 + lineage-18.1-20211014-recovery-sunfish to build 2021-11-18. I have no GApps, no custom-kernel, and Magisk is not installed. Everything went smoothly.

There are a bunch of changes as you can see here: https://download.lineageos.org/sunfish/changes/

After the reboot, I went to Settings->About phone->"Android version". The "Android security update" now shows "November 5, 2021".
    The Vendor security patch level (just below) is now "October 1, 2021".
    The Build number at the bottom is "RQ3A.211001.001 10036888".
    This appears to be the last Vendor security patch for Android 11. The 1105 firmware is for Android 12.

See Android Security Bulletin - November 2021 for details about the security fixes.

I rebooted to recovery to verify that it was also updated. It now shows version "20211118" and active slot 'b'.

Thank you to the Lineage Team, PeterCxy & cdesai for their work.
    please tell us what method worked for you

please tell us what method worked for you!
    1. extract the boot from LOS payload.bin
    2. install Magisk 22 by patching the extracted boot image
    3. hide the magisk from: google play store, play services, gpay, clear data for all these apps.
    4. install magisk module safetynet-fix-v1.1.1.zip
    5. reboot
    There is no hope, the quality of the asocial media is as bad as with stock ROM.
    4a LineageOS 18.1 Update 2021-05-13 - Security Bump

Using the built-in Updater, I OTA-updated Pixel 4a (Google Ed) LineageOS 18.1 sunfish build 2021-05-06 + Magisk 23.0 + lineage-18.1-20210506-recovery-sunfish to build 2021-05-13. Everything went smoothly & Magisk survived the update.

There are a bunch of changes as you can see here: https://download.lineageos.org/sunfish/changes/

After the reboot, I went to Settings->About phone->"Android version" (see screenshots). The "Android security update" shows "May 5, 2021".
    The Vendor security patch level just below it is now "May 5, 2021".
    The Build number at the bottom changed from "RQ2A.210405.005" to "RQ2A.210505.003".

See Android Security Bulletin - May 2021 for details about the security fixes.

I rebooted to recovery to verify that it was also updated. It now shows version "2021-05-13" and slot 'a'.

Thank you to the Lineage Team, @PeterCxy & @cdesai for their work.

In a poor man's homage to @curiousrom, I have used his postings as a template for mine.
    They have been very helpful with my daily driver (S5) for a loooong time. :geek: