[ROM][OFFICIAL][sunfish] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Budapest
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 4a
click the authorise on the screen
In my experience, if you don't click on authorize, you won't be able to execute any adb commands at all.
I always use it wired, so I always check the checkbox that says "remember this computer" when clicking authorize.

I have only experienced this "unable to verify signature" thing once on the 4a, but I'm like 99% sure it's got nothing to do with the adb authorization being allowed or disallowed. Isn't it about the ROM zip being signed correctly?

mangokm40

Jan 13, 2019
Yah it succeeded with the check in the official updater. Going on about an hour now updating.
Thanks to razorloves, I discovered caffeine updates.
This was in LOS18...

I used updater to download update.
I used the QS tile to set caffeine for 30 minutes.
I clicked 'install' in the updater and it took only 10 minutes!

Also, I started this thread:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/discussion-of-official-lineageos-19-1.4450095/
I thought it'd be good to keep LOS18 info separate from LOS19.
If it's better to just use this thread for both, let me know. :)

mangokm40

Jan 13, 2019
So if the screen isn't on, the updater doesn't work in the background?
I can't speak of details. I'm uninformed.

While I was testing the VVM fix, I had to update from LOS18 03-10 to LOS18 0414.
Each monthly update I installed through the updater took about 90 minutes.
It was not an issue for me, because the phone works just fine while it's updating.
User razorloves mentioned that I could use the 'Caffeine' QS tile. He estimated the
update would take about 8 minutes, after I pressed 'install'.
He was right. :)

I shared that info above, in case it's useful to someone.

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Budapest
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 4a
Each monthly update I installed through the updater took about 90 minutes.
It was not an issue for me, because the phone works just fine while it's updating.
But I assume you weren't actively using the phone for 90 minutes?

I guess my question is: if you press update, and use your phone actively for about 8 minutes, does the installation complete in/under that time, or does Caffeine seem to 'magically' speed up the update process?

AkumDX

Aug 18, 2012
Can someone please upload the last build for this(18.1)🙂
I can't find it on the official website

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Notes
    • Before the initial installation, please make sure your Pixel 4a has already been updated to Android 11 official firmware so that the recovery can function correctly.
    • This ROM comes with latest firmware bundled, so after the initial flash you don't need to worry about updating firmware manually.
    • This ROM comes with source-built kernel and modules
    • eSIM functions without GAPPS, but to manage (add / erase) eSIMs you will need to have GAPPS installed
    Installation
    • Update your Pixel 4a to official Android 11
    • Download the latest boot.img and rom zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Flash LineageOS zip
    • Optionally flash any addons:
      • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
      • Flash the addons
    • Reboot
    Updating
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash LineageOS zip
    • Flash the same addons you had previously installed:
      • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
      • Flash the addons
    • Reboot
    Downloads

Official: https://download.lineageos.org/sunfish

Reporting bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/* (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
    • On the first boot, you might be presented the message "SIM Manager has crashed". You can safely ignore it.
    Source Code

4a LineageOS 18.1 Update 2021-11-18 - Security Bump

Using the built-in Updater, I OTA-updated Pixel 4a (Google Ed) LineageOS 18.1 sunfish build 2021-10-14 + lineage-18.1-20211014-recovery-sunfish to build 2021-11-18. I have no GApps, no custom-kernel, and Magisk is not installed. Everything went smoothly.

There are a bunch of changes as you can see here: https://download.lineageos.org/sunfish/changes/

After the reboot, I went to Settings->About phone->"Android version". The "Android security update" now shows "November 5, 2021".
    The Vendor security patch level (just below) is now "October 1, 2021".
    The Build number at the bottom is "RQ3A.211001.001 10036888".
    This appears to be the last Vendor security patch for Android 11. The 1105 firmware is for Android 12.

See Android Security Bulletin - November 2021 for details about the security fixes.

I rebooted to recovery to verify that it was also updated. It now shows version "20211118" and active slot 'b'.

Thank you to the Lineage Team, PeterCxy & cdesai for their work.
    please tell us what method worked for you

please tell us what method worked for you!
    1. extract the boot from LOS payload.bin
    2. install Magisk 22 by patching the extracted boot image
    3. hide the magisk from: google play store, play services, gpay, clear data for all these apps.
    4. install magisk module safetynet-fix-v1.1.1.zip
    5. reboot
    There is no hope, the quality of the asocial media is as bad as with stock ROM.
    4a LineageOS 18.1 Update 2021-05-13 - Security Bump

Using the built-in Updater, I OTA-updated Pixel 4a (Google Ed) LineageOS 18.1 sunfish build 2021-05-06 + Magisk 23.0 + lineage-18.1-20210506-recovery-sunfish to build 2021-05-13. Everything went smoothly & Magisk survived the update.

There are a bunch of changes as you can see here: https://download.lineageos.org/sunfish/changes/

After the reboot, I went to Settings->About phone->"Android version" (see screenshots). The "Android security update" shows "May 5, 2021".
    The Vendor security patch level just below it is now "May 5, 2021".
    The Build number at the bottom changed from "RQ2A.210405.005" to "RQ2A.210505.003".

See Android Security Bulletin - May 2021 for details about the security fixes.

I rebooted to recovery to verify that it was also updated. It now shows version "2021-05-13" and slot 'a'.

Thank you to the Lineage Team, @PeterCxy & @cdesai for their work.

In a poor man's homage to @curiousrom, I have used his postings as a template for mine.
    They have been very helpful with my daily driver (S5) for a loooong time. :geek: