[ROM][OFFICIAL][surnia] CyanogenMod 13 for Moto E LTE

Search This thread

Dishe

Oct 18, 2006
Is CM13 more stable on Surnia than Nougat Lineage14?
I'd guess since there actually WAS support in some countries for Marshmallow on Moto E2, the libraries/compatibility/etc would be better supported, but I'm having trouble locating the last CM13 stable release for this device.

I'm not looking for latest/greatest, just want expandable storage onto an SD card. :)

joanthanmajh

Dec 25, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21
Is CM13 more stable on Surnia than Nougat Lineage14?
I'd guess since there actually WAS support in some countries for Marshmallow on Moto E2, the libraries/compatibility/etc would be better supported, but I'm having trouble locating the last CM13 stable release for this device.

I'm not looking for latest/greatest, just want expandable storage onto an SD card. :)

You should have probably recommended this Lineage 13.0 build by @ElDainosor

Link:- https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862710363
@treypop

There is also Slim6 which has a march-29th build which is slightly more recent

zahna

May 23, 2017
Is anyone else finding that when they use Hangouts for a VOIP call, the other side hears a strong echo? It seems that the echo cancellation is not working. I am pretty sure that on the original stock 5.1, it was fine. Is there a setting for the microphone? I could not find it. It's a bit better when I turn the phone volume way down, but it still doesn't go away entirely. I'm on the 13.0-20161122 nightly and the latest update of Hangouts.

Did you ever find a fix for this issue? I am running an official LOM 14.1 nightly, but the echo cancellation problem is still there. The echo is terrible on Google Hangouts as well as FreedomPop's VoIP app.

Dishe

Oct 18, 2006
Did you ever find a fix for this issue? I am running an official LOM 14.1 nightly, but the echo cancellation problem is still there. The echo is terrible on Google Hangouts as well as FreedomPop's VoIP app.

Put a piece of electrical tape over the mic hole on the back on the phone. That mic is supposed to be used for speakerphone/echo reduction, but when the software doesn't use it correctly, its causes echo. This is a well known problem specifically on the Moto E2, almost all VOIP programs suffer with it. Solutions usually involve covering that second mic hole so it won't pick up any sound.
http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-the-Poor-Voice-Clarity-Problem-in-a-Moto-E-2015-(2nd-Gen)

xdause

Jun 18, 2009
Anyone still using CM13 by @ElDainosor? I noticed the data limit isn't actually being enforced when it is reached even with the popup. I use it as a hotspot most of the time however so it's a decent issue; anyone experiencing the same?

Last edited:

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
Anyone still using CM13 by @ElDainosor? I noticed the data limit isn't actually being enforced when it is reached even with the popup. I use it as a hotspot most of the time however so it's a decent issue; anyone experiencing the same?
Yes. Same with my Virgin Mobile xt1526. However, since my hotspot is unlimited, it's never been an issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1oXkC6z.png

This is our port of CyanogenMod 13 to the 2015 Moto E LTE (surnia). This ROM should run reliably, provided you are running a modem from 5.1 or newer.

Changelog:
    CMXLog official nightly changelog
    Old unofficial build changelog and download links

Downloads:
    Final December 9th 2016 Build
    Official nightly builds

Source Code:
    ROM: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13 for Moto E LTE, ROM for the Moto E 2015

Contributors
    squid2, scritch007, Alberto97, openhacker
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-03-05
    Last Updated 2016-12-09
    Installation Instructions

To avoid issues with enabling/disabling WiFi, you need to be running a suitable modem from Motorola's 5.1 release or newer. Modems for various models can be found in the modems thread by @EB20XY.

Installation is simple and follows the same basic procedure as any other source built custom ROM.
    1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik
    3. Flash the ROM, then GApps
    4. Reboot

For GApps, many options may work. I've usually had success with OpenGApps, but I've also tried BaNkS in the past. When upgrading from a previous CM13 build, dirty flashing without any wiping usually works fine.
    Official nightlies

I've been working to arrange what's necessary for official CM 13.0 nightlies. The relevant repositories have been cloned by CyanogenMod and we'll be promoting surnia to cm-13.0 in a few days.
    First Official CM13 Build

The first official nightly build is now out. Get it while it's fresh from the oven! http://get.cm/?device=surnia
    March 20 Release

I've posted a new build with various changes. I've reduced vibration intensity, and the kernel has had some updates to sync with the 6.0.1 update Motorola released for lux (Moto X Play). CyanogenMod has also undergone various updates, the most significant being Android 6.0.1 r22. This will probably be the final unofficial build before official nightlies begin.

The focus of testing for this build should be on CDMA. @Alberto97 has been working to improve the handling of APNs on the various CDMA models of surnia. He has incorporated the APNs featured in MVNOSlayer by @deega and tried to automate their installation, so that LTE can work out of the box. Before you flash this new build on a CDMA device, you must first configure your carrier via fastboot. Run the following command before flashing (and replace your_carrier_name with boost, frdm, rngplus, sprint, or virgin):
    Code:
    fastboot oem config fsg-id your_carrier_name

After configuring the fsg-id and flashing this build on your CDMA device without performing any manual APN changes or other modifications, let me know:
    1. Whether phone calls work
    2. Whether mobile data works
    3. Whether LTE works