[ROM][OFFICIAL] T-Mobile USA Update (ROM v2.09.531.4) TEST

Search This thread

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
personally, I find it as fast as my previous ROM that's based on 2.07 ;) but not much faster. so does that mean my rom was already amazingly fast? :D

Interesting, and when you update your ROM with the new 2.09, do you personally find it beats (speedwise) your 2.07 based ROM?

btw, my problem with the music tab is not about the rebuilding of library, it's always when the library is built up, there'll be a pause of 2-3 sec before the tab shows up with the playing album. I have checked and its due to the number of mp3 songs I've and the tab trying to do random play of songs from my library (which has 12G of mp3 songs). Once I play from my playlist, I don't have a problem.
The problem I had was that I had to wait for minutes till I could select a particular song or album in the library. After a softreset I had to wait until the entire library was rebuild before I could select a song. Now the rebuilding of the library is much faster. *

BTW, as an experienced chef you could take a look if you can control the way the audiomanager library file is build. The file is in /applicatiation data/audiomanager/ and is called audiomanger.vol (I do this from memory, so probably the names aren't entirely correct). Maybe you can figure out a way to stop the audiomanager to build up this file again and again after a softreset. That would be way cool!
(A new build-up could be triggered for example by deleting this file)

I was hoping that this gets fixed when you said it's amazingly fast, but alas, it's not.

I do experience here a significant speed improvement here. The HTC music program now even outruns conduits pocket player on my device in this respect.

* I did reformat my storage card and that lead to some improvements on older roms too

Last edited:

zenkinz

Apr 21, 2005
www.zenyee.com
Interesting, and when you update your ROM with the new 2.09, do you personally find it beats (speedwise) your 2.07 based ROM?

I don't find it significantly faster. I did find that my new ROM is a few MB smaller in size.

BTW, as an experienced chef you could take a look if you can control the way the audiomanager library file is build. The file is in /applicatiation data/audiomanager/ and is called audiomanger.vol (I do this from memory, so probably the names aren't entirely correct). Maybe you can figure out a way to stop the audiomanager to build up this file again and again after a softreset. That would be way cool!
(A new build-up could be triggered for example by deleting this file)

I do experience here a significant speed improvement here. The HTC music program now even outruns conduits pocket player on my device in this respect.

* I did reformat my storage card and that lead to some improvements on older roms too

I'm not really an experienced chef, being into the hobby of cooking only since Jan. I don't know how we can stop the audio manager from rebuilding its library, probably need to look at the audio manager code, but I don't think I will bother ;)

ctman

Dec 25, 2009
Landshut
ok how can i add the ereader...
i have downloaded the package that was mentioned before...
copied to my phone... (just the ereader)
edited registry to show tab...
but it does not work...

or is it just a package that has to be coocked in?

fards

the 209 has new NAND driver in oemxip and 5 files changed in oemdrivers (plus teh ext stuff obviously)

the main difference you may notice is that the cachefilter setting is a bit higher than it ever has been before..
so that may account for the speed differences.
Been running the 209 for a couple of hours (just sat down to recook it), it's not bad for a stock rom, but not amazing speed wise..

audio manager is still having shuffle issues..
any abum with a number at the start of the title tends to confuse it no end.

so I have 1 album with track numbers as the first part of the song name (don't blame me I didn't write them :D) it tends to shuffle till it gets to them, then I get a good 6 or so of the songs from that album played in order.

Last edited:

appelflap

Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
Why don't I see it? very strange...:confused: :mad:

I guess you didn't flash the 2.07 or 2.09 test rom. :) You get this splash screen when you flash a test rom. A subsequent flash of a custom rom doesn't change this first boot screen. I have posted a few posts back the stock HTC splash screen. Users have to splash this screen seperately. (As far as I know this can't be cooked in, it has to be done seperately)

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
I guess you didn't flash the 2.07 or 2.09 test rom. :) You get this splash screen when you flash a test rom. A subsequent flash of a custom rom doesn't change this first boot screen. I have posted a few posts back the stock HTC splash screen. Users have to splash this screen seperately. (As far as I know this can't be cooked in, it has to be done seperately)

Hmm...so it's not my ROM causing the problem?

Apparently, flashing to a stock ROM then flashing back to mine fixed the problem for one user...

appelflap

Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
the 209 has new NAND driver in oemxip and 5 files changed in oemdrivers (plus teh ext stuff obviously)

the main difference you may notice is that the cachefilter setting is a bit higher than it ever has been before..
so that may account for the speed differences.
Been running the 209 for a couple of hours (just sat down to recook it), it's not bad for a stock rom, but not amazing speed wise..
Maybe I exaggerated a bit, but I am still impressed about the speed of this rom.

audio manager is still having shuffle issues..
any abum with a number at the start of the title tends to confuse it no end.

so I have 1 album with track numbers as the first part of the song name (don't blame me I didn't write them :D) it tends to shuffle till it gets to them, then I get a good 6 or so of the songs from that album played in order.

I never had this kind of problems. I never shuffle through my albums (I hate that :)

appelflap

Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
Hmm...so it's not my ROM causing the problem?
I don't believe so. I tried to built a rom with a custom first boot screen, so I search the forums but I haven't found any info about this. So, I simply assume that it can't be done.

Apparently, flashing to a stock ROM then flashing back to mine fixed the problem for one user...

splashing the little file of this post will also do. (it's a 1 sec. procedure)

shruff

Jan 12, 2008
Actually no I was wrong it was 26948339_manila I forgot the #4 but I was not in a place to look at the time.

Look Laurentius I don't know what you are implying but you are not the only one who has posted about this file. Just because you posted about it doesn't mean we have not already known about it.

Anyway thanks for your contribution as always. :)

Geez you're an argumentative person, Laurentius has provided you with the correct file to change and you're carrying on like a 5yr old school boy :D Pull your head in man Laurentius is an extremely good cook and he's been around alot longer than yourself!

zenkinz

Apr 21, 2005
www.zenyee.com

you can cook splash screen into the Rom, but not all kitchen supports it. and kitchen that supports it are usually available to registered version.

appelflap

Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
you can cook splash screen into the Rom, but not all kitchen supports it. and kitchen that supports it are usually available to registered version.

Maybe it's good that it is not supported generally. It will prevent that you get stuck with a bootscreen of one particular rom. :)

BTW zenkinz, I remember that you said somewhere that you build in character recognition support in your rom. Does it only work with asian languages or is it possible to make it work (after flashing) with english (or more favourable: dutch)?