[ROM][OFFICIAL][T713][7.1] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera ( Videos And Photos )
  • Video Playback
  • Audio ( Record and Playback )
  • Sensors
  • GPS

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Donations :
You don't have to but if you want so...

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 14.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 WiFi (2016), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
LuK1337, luca020400, Olivier
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-01-27
Last Updated 2017-02-12

DanRyb

Jun 6, 2010
Los Angeles
Wow!!! I literally just bought one of these tonight! I checked out XDA before and was so bummed I wouldn't get stock Android but really wanted an Android tablet with this form factor so I said eff it! lol. SO cool to see this ROM! Flashing as I type this! THANK YOU!

sfpauly

Jul 30, 2013
The builds link above: "Builds : https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=148445" points to a download titled "Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 " should it read "Tab S2 8.0"?

Thanks for working on this!

Reactions: ttalonso

DanRyb

Jun 6, 2010
Los Angeles
Stupid question but a camera app didn't come included in this, correct? I clean flashed the 01/28/17 version and the micro gapps package and the su add-on package. Booted up, everything working fine. I did not have AOSP camera or CM's camera installed (no camera app at all). I installed the Google Camera from the Play Store but upon launching it errors out with cannot connect to camera. I know a logcat is needed but since the OP says camera's working, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious first. Amazing rom! So happy to not be stuck with TouchWiz :)

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Stupid question but a camera app didn't come included in this, correct? I clean flashed the 01/28/17 version and the micro gapps package and the su add-on package. Booted up, everything working fine. I did not have AOSP camera or CM's camera installed (no camera app at all). I installed the Google Camera from the Play Store but upon launching it errors out with cannot connect to camera. I know a logcat is needed but since the OP says camera's working, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious first. Amazing rom! So happy to not be stuck with TouchWiz :)

Redownload that build, I accidentally released a build with broken camera ;_;

Reactions: DanRyb and prot_jp

codya321

Aug 7, 2010
Been using this ROM for a few hours, and for my use I haven't had any issues at all!! I'm thrilled to we 7.1.1 on this tablet! Thanks again and keep up the awesome work!!

I did have one issue, flashing ,root doesn't seem to give me root. But at the end of the day I don't really need root with 7.1.1

codya321

Aug 7, 2010
So still zero performance issues so far, only thing I have noticed is pretty bad battery drain over night. If there is anything you need from me to help let me know!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170129-064008.png
    Screenshot_20170129-064008.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 573

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera ( Videos And Photos )
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Record and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • GPS

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Donations :
    You don't have to but if you want so...

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 WiFi (2016), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    LuK1337, luca020400, Olivier
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-01-27
    Last Updated 2017-02-12
    Thanks to @customrus for testing stuff for us :^)
    i have the at the moment latest los-build 14.1-20170321 on my t713 - how to flash the next los-build without loosing data?
    how about twrp-backup my current build, flash the hongkong-T713ZSU2AQA1 then again los-14.1-20170321 and restore the backup and then when available the next los-release without wiping?
    or is it not possible to flash the los-build 14.1-20170321 over the T713ZSU2AQA1?

or is there an easier way to get the next los-build with keeping data? ;)

You can download the latest factory image and use heimdall to flash the firmware. Just do not flash the parts that would overwrite what Lineage installs. The command I used was this:

heimdall flash --SBL1 sbl1.mbn --ABOOT aboot.mbn --RPM rpm.mbn --TZ tz.mbn --HYP hyp.mbn --SEC sec.dat --KEYMASTER keymaster.mbn --CMNLIB cmnlib.mbn --DSP adspso.bin --MODEM modem.bin --APNHLOS NON-HLOS.bin --HIDDEN hidden.img.ext4

This way you won't lose any data and you can proceed with the updating to latest lineage image.
    [ UPDATE ]
    Future builds will require T713ZSU2AQA1 firmware / bootloader. You can download it from updato / sammobile, have fun.
    I'm on the 28 Jan build.
    Get 29 Jan one, it should be way better.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone