[ROM][OFFICIAL][T713][8.1] LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

SunJu22

Dec 7, 2018
Brussels
This is really strange. All my video files stored locally (mp4 & mkv) play fine with VLC. I only have the issue in games (XCOM Enemy Within, as I said, and also - I just found out - Road Not Taken).

Does anyone know how I can find the video files of these intro movies? I would like to check their format, size, and any other properties that may help identify the root cause of the issue. I would like to compare this data to the same data in some other games where the intro movies play fine.

sketchman16

Nov 6, 2012
This is really strange. All my video files stored locally (mp4 & mkv) play fine with VLC. I only have the issue in games (XCOM Enemy Within, as I said, and also - I just found out - Road Not Taken).

Does anyone know how I can find the video files of these intro movies? I would like to check their format, size, and any other properties that may help identify the root cause of the issue. I would like to compare this data to the same data in some other games where the intro movies play fine.

Took one more shot at it, and guess what? VLC plays videos just fine. Not sure if that helps, and it makes 0 sense to me, because I even went through VLC settings and messed with everything to try to make it play videos badly, hoping to see what is causing other players to not work, and I discovered nothing.

It just works, and every other player doesn't, and I have no idea what that means.

JReeher

Hi, can anyone tell me why I'm getting this error when flashing, I'm wiping just a standard factory reset wipe before flashing

Attachments

• 20190101_160027.jpg
    20190101_160027.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 406

Vash

Feb 5, 2005
Santa Clara
www.linuxized.com
I seem to have solved my battery problem by automatically disabling WiFi when the screen turns off.
Need to run more tests to make sure, but last night the tablet lost 1-2% of battery.

I automated the process by using "Automate". The free version is enough if you don't want to run anything else w/ it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.llamalab.automate&hl=en_US

Create a flow that looks like this:
WiFi_display_toggle.png

Make sure you give the app permissions by ticking the "access local network, internet and nearby devices" box, then installing the app it redirects you to.

Also, you probably want to enable "Run on system startup" in settings. Careful, this can cause havoc if you have other, malicious flows.

Run the flow and enjoy!

I'll report back in a few days with more info about this.

I seem to have solved my battery problem by automatically disabling WiFi when the screen turns off.

Thanks for the tip. I've been doing it manually but this is certainly easier.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Never got an answer to this in the Q&A section. Anyone know how long after Google releases the monthly security update that it gets Incorporated into the nightly builds?

ericcl

Oct 8, 2010
Need to run more tests to make sure, but last night the tablet lost 1-2% of battery.

I automated the process by using "Automate". The free version is enough if you don't want to run anything else w/ it.

You are the hero we needed.

I was losing about 4% battery per hour when unplugged, running LOS 16.0. I only use the tablet for consuming media, and don't have a lot of apps installed. Certainly none with a lot of background or wake-lock behavior. Aside from the usual nonsense on Google Play Services.

I installed Automate 3 days ago and set up this pattern. Now the power drain when unplugged is much more in an acceptable range. It's still high, but not bordering unusable as it was before. I've had it off power a couple hours on my desk this morning and it's at 96%.

Is there a similar type of pattern for Tasker? I bought Tasker years ago but I haven't found much use for it.

funkdoobi

Nov 10, 2010

WiFi_display_toggle.png

Make sure you give the app permissions by ticking the "access local network, internet and nearby devices" box, then installing the app it redirects you to.

Also, you probably want to enable "Run on system startup" in settings. Careful, this can cause havoc if you have other, malicious flows.

Run the flow and enjoy!

This automation just made the tablet perfect. I've unlocked it after having it in sleep for a day and it lost like 2% juice compared to my unlocking it and hoping it wasn't completely dead. Thank you!

_dud3

Apr 12, 2016
Today, I switched to LOS 15.1 from stock ROM. I'm used to CM/LOS for around three years now with my Moto E 2015 (surnia). I recognized a minor issue: No matter if dark or light design mode is set, if I use a bright light wallpaper (I used just a white square for testing) the screen turns black when pulling down the status bar.

If you slowly pull down the status bar, you can see the rest of screen becomming darker and darker. That's normal so far, but the steps are obviously too short and after the status bar is pulled down a few pixels background, icons etc. disappear.

I set different wallpaper to test this issue, but any other image works fine. Maybe there just need to be changed of few values, so that the screen won't become completely dark except for the status bar itself.

Thank you very much for your attention and your work.

rholm

Today, I switched to LOS 15.1 from stock ROM. I'm used to CM/LOS for around three years now with my Moto E 2015 (surnia). I recognized a minor issue: No matter if dark or light design mode is set, if I use a bright light wallpaper (I used just a white square for testing) the screen turns black when pulling down the status bar.

If you slowly pull down the status bar, you can see the rest of screen becomming darker and darker. That's normal so far, but the steps are obviously too short and after the status bar is pulled down a few pixels background, icons etc. disappear.

I set different wallpaper to test this issue, but any other image works fine. Maybe there just need to be changed of few values, so that the screen won't become completely dark except for the status bar itself.

Thank you very much for your attention and your work.
What launcher are you using?

Cheers,
Rich

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

alias4ever

Sep 19, 2011
How is battery life on the latest version of this ROM? I have Lineage 16.0 (Android 9) but the battery life in standby isn't the greatest. :( Need something with a bit better battery life. What do you all recommend? Thanks so much! :D

How is battery life on the latest version of this ROM? I have Lineage 16.0 (Android 9) but the battery life in standby isn't the greatest. :( Need something with a bit better battery life. What do you all recommend? Thanks so much! :D
Can't speak for the latest nightly but for the 1/10 build, I lose 1-2% overnight (8-9 hours) with WiFi off and all apps closed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Donations :
    You don't have to but if you want so...

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 WiFi (2016), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    LuK1337, luca020400
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-09-01
    Last Updated 2018-07-10
    Obviously not a lot has been ported to Lineage so please don't report issues like: "broken buttons backlight". That will be ported over soon (TM).
    Also you need custom TWRP build to install these packages, you can find link in the OP.

BTW: You might have to force reboot after the gapps installation is complete as the unofficial installer is bit buggy ( you can do that by holding power, vol down ). Also it doesn't support addon.d so it doesn't persist when updating to next builds.
    [ cool stuff ]
    I just released 8.1 builds on my AFH.
    You can find them here ~ https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=234644

WiFi_display_toggle.png

Run the flow and enjoy!

Q2. Any chances of having L15 nightly for T713 anytime soon?

As soon as L15 source gets bit less ghetto and I finish up the SELinux.