[ROM][OFFICIAL][T713][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

fmc000

Jan 18, 2008
Last edited:
Reactions: thefanum
Why people speaks just to give air to their lungs is beyond me. Current LOS 16 builds contain March 2022 security patches, just the string isn't updated.

Currently April 2022 security patches are under review.

Hey, I read it on Wikipedia and Wikipedia is never wrong! :) It does seem curious that since it was first released, 3+ years ago, the string has always been updated monthly Then suddenly, 3 months in a row (coincidentally after Android 9 became EOL), the security string is no longer updated. I'm not sure I buy this but I have no way to prove it.

Concept48

Dec 26, 2021
Sony Xperia M
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OFFICIAL][T713][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
LuK1337
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information
Testing

Created 2018-08-16
Last Updated 2019-03-02
This device is not supported anymore by LineageOS official , how ever , LineageOS microG still supports this device with Android9 and so does e.foundation , find the LosMicroG build here https://download.lineage.microg.org/gts28vewifi/?sort=time&order=asc

tr3rktr0n3000

Oct 2, 2018
Anyone has trouble encrypting the tablet with this ROM? I already tried with two different devices and after hitting the Encrypt button the tablet goes back to homescreen and does nothing after that

thefanum

Dec 27, 2011
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 7T
Thanks for the reply, do you know if the same applies to the current lineageos 17 build?
At first I was under the impression it was a problem with twrp due to a few threads I found here and on reddit
I do not know, but I do have a separate tablet on that version. I could test it for you if you would like. Will probably take a day or two to backup my stuff first, just in case

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013
Nougat is the only one that supports hardware based encryption on galaxy s2, which is also faster than the software based encryption.

Reactions: tr3rktr0n3000

tr3rktr0n3000

Oct 2, 2018
Nougat is the only one that supports hardware based encryption on galaxy s2, which is also faster than the software based encryption.
Does that mean that software based encryption is possible while using this rom, and if so if there's a guide as to where to start?
Sorry, it's been a while since last time I was dealing with custom roms

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013
Does that mean that software based encryption is possible while using this rom, and if so if there's a guide as to where to start?
Sorry, it's been a while since last time I was dealing with custom roms
Software based encryption for Pie should be possible for this device or else it would not have had an official release by LineageOS. Unless something recently changed in the code that broke it... I can not confirm that.

Last edited:

qaplus

Jan 29, 2008
Does anyone know how to reduce deep sleep battery drain in this rom? The rom works fairly well. But the deep sleep drain is about 1%/hr, comparing to 0.1%/hr from the stock android 7 rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][T713][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2018-08-16
    Last Updated 2019-03-02
    I have updated the kernel in today's build with a new WiFi driver and several hundred cve. It should not be necessary to disable WiFi anymore while sleeping.
    Ok, I also faced the challenge to update my bootloader in order to be able to update LineageOS to the latest versions and I am a Windows user and I did not want to do a clean install of first the Samsung ROM and then LineageOS, thereby losing my data. So I read a lot of posts here in the forum and used the following solution to update my Tab S2:
    - Download Odin from https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin3 v3.12.3.zip
    - Download the latest Samsung firmware from https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-tab-s2/firmware/SM-T713/
    - Extract the .md5 file contained in the downloaded zip. You can use 7Zip for this. It can handle tar files as well, which is needed for the later steps.
    - Rename the file, so that it gets the extension .tar instead of .md5
    - Extract the files sbl1.mbn, aboot.mbn, rpm.mbn, tz.mbn, hyp.mbn, sec.dat, keymaster.mbn, cmnlib.mbn, adspso.bin, modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin from the tar file and place them in any folder on your disk
    - Use 7Zip (or another program that can create tar files) to create a T713.tar file containing the files extracted in the last step
    - Turn off your Tab S2. Enter download mode by pressing Power+Volume Down+Home at the same time. Confirm that you want to update your system by pressing Volume Up.
    - Connect the Tab S2 to your PC with the USB cable. I'd suggest to not connect any other Android device at the same time now.
    - Run Odin as Administrator
    - Make sure the ID:COM field changes to blue, which indicates your device got detected
    - Click on the AP button and select the T713.tar file we created above
    - Click Start to flash the file. The Tab S2 should reboot at the end of the process.
    Afterwards you should be able to install the newer LineageOS versions (but no longer the older ones).

Of course I take no responsibility if you brick your phone or nuke the world using the steps above ;).
    Which date build has this fix built in? Official channel right? Thx millions

The latest current available update includes new kernel.

To verify, the new kernel is 3.10.108 in Settings->About.