[ROM][OFFICIAL][T813][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

Reynald0

• Aug 23, 2017
    sorry if mentioned before but which of the available download from OP link (http://download.lineageos.org/gts210vewifi) is for sure without the screen flickering? @rogers11 mentioned build 07-18, which i assume doesn't have the issue. can anyone share please?
    Hello, probably you mixed the unofficial LOS 17.1 which has/had that problem, with the Official LOS 16 which has not that problem.

Inviato dal mio POCO F1 utilizzando Tapatalk

nlua

Dec 23, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
    after hours playing around and flashing latest firmware with heimdall and more googling, i realize i had not tried getting into stock recovery (factory reset) when i ended up stuck again at the samsung logo loop which then finally allowed me to get stock to boot.

now finally up and running again and hopefully i don't forget all the steps i went through for such a simple solution!

maybe this helps someone save hours of frustration with this tablet... and themselves lol!

Hello, probably you mixed the unofficial LOS 17.1 which has/had that problem, with the Official LOS 16 which has not that problem.

Inviato dal mio POCO F1 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Oh I thought 16 was having issues too as someone a few posts up was asking about flickering.

Since my post though, I have been trying to flash 16 via twrp since I too was getting the flickering from 17.1 but ended up with error 7.

After having to look up odin after so long and flashing the latest firmware found by both frija and samfirm and using different odin versions my t813 is stuck looping at the samsung logo.

Can someone share/link versions they know works? I'm about to dabble in heimdall off a Linux bootable drive I'm trying to make currently with Rufus and Linux mint.

Any other assistance would be greatly appreciated. Trying to keep this tablet for my son up-to-date.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zhangla

Feb 21, 2014
    My SM-T813 with LOS16 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi. It happens randomly, maybe 2-3 times per hour.
    Does anyone know a fix to this?
    Other than that, I really love the LOS16. Great ROM

stlstl

Jun 10, 2020
    I've installed the 11/21 version and everything seems to be working fine.
    There's a major bug with the Google app: the first time I've installed the ROM something went wrong when it was updating the playstore and apps, the tablet started to restart mainly when I opened Google Apps like Chrome or Gmail and I would get a random notification of an Google assistant update. After I reinstall the image and an older GApps installer (just in case) I left it alone updating for a while and then tried to disable the Google app, the restarts began immediately. I've re-enable the app and no more restarts. I've installed the nano GApps version.
    Thanks to the developers.

Update: the tablet started to reset again when opening in Chrome or Firefox anything related to Google. Reinstalled the ROM with a system and cache wipe and installed the Pico version of Gapps. After the tablet booted I uninstalled the Google app and no more resets for some days now.

Last edited:

potsieanz

Aug 23, 2016
    I've installed the 11/21 version and everything seems to be working fine.
    There's a major bug with the Google app: the first time I've installed the ROM something went wrong when it was updating the playstore and apps, the tablet started to restart mainly when I opened Google Apps like Chrome or Gmail and I would get a random notification of an Google assistant update. After I reinstall the image and an older GApps installer (just in case) I left it alone updating for a while and then tried to disable the Google app, the restarts began immediately. I've re-enable the app and no more restarts. I've installed the nano GApps version.
    Thanks to the developers.

Update: the tablet started to reset again when opening in Chrome or Firefox anything related to Google. Reinstalled the ROM with a system and cache wipe and installed the Pico version of Gapps. After the tablet booted I uninstalled the Google app and no more resets for some days now.

I am having a similar periodic problem the tablet restarting as soon as i try to use it after powering on and then after each unexpected restart. It just started again this morning after a large number of Google Play Store updates last night. Cache & Dalvik wipe did not fix it and there is no newer update to Lineage OS16 to update to

Can you clarify, were you able to uninstall the Google App or did you just disable it, as I don't seem to have an option to uninstall?

Has anyone else found any other way to fix the problem?

Reactions: DA6030

stlstl

Jun 10, 2020
    I am having a similar periodic problem the tablet restarting as soon as i try to use it after powering on and then after each unexpected restart. It just started again this morning after a large number of Google Play Store updates last night. Cache & Dalvik wipe did not fix it and there is no newer update to Lineage OS16 to update to

Can you clarify, were you able to uninstall the Google App or did you just disable it, as I don't seem to have an option to uninstall?

Has anyone else found any other way to fix the problem?
    What I did was:
    Wipe system + cache
    Reinstalled the LOS image and the Pico version of GApps
    After that I could uninstall the google App
    Do you have a SD card on the tablet? If you do before reinstalling try to remove it. If it solves the problem make a backup and format the SD card.

KaZo58

Nov 13, 2009
    Germany
    Xiaomi Mi 11
    Does Magisk Root work? My T813 with Lineage OS 16.0 ( 2020-11-21 and 2020-11-28 ) stucks on LOS Boot logo.
    I wiped system and cache partitions, flashed LOS, latest Open Gapps (Pico) and at least Magisk (21.1). This method worked for years and last time it just stuck. Is it possible to get any logs?

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
    Does Magisk Root work? My T813 with Lineage OS 16.0 ( 2020-11-21 and 2020-11-28 ) stucks on LOS Boot logo.
    I wiped system and cache partitions, flashed LOS, latest Open Gapps (Pico) and at least Magisk (21.1). This method worked for years and last time it just stuck. Is it possible to get any logs?

Yes, Magisk works. I have three T-813s running LOS and Magisk. Never wiped system though. All running Nano gapps. You can't flash Magisk modules anymore from TWRP. I'm still running the beta version of TWRP that had some fixes in it (Version 7 I think in the TWRP thread from another user)

supachris

Jul 17, 2009
    Dresden
    Here also. Magisk is working fine. I'm also using the Beta 7 TWRP from Akipe because the official one does not support OTA updates on encrypted devices (no decryption ask in twrp while running script).

DA6030

Oct 3, 2007
    What I did was:
    Wipe system + cache
    Reinstalled the LOS image and the Pico version of GApps
    After that I could uninstall the google App
    Do you have a SD card on the tablet? If you do before reinstalling try to remove it. If it solves the problem make a backup and format the SD card.
    Any luck on a long-term fix for this? I'm experiencing the same on ripee's LOS17.1.
    Did you try exactly the steps above (e.g., no data partion wipe)...you just straight downgraded to a minimal GApps package without a data rest? That's a bold move, and I am impressed!

Last edited:

stlstl

Jun 10, 2020
    Any luck on a long-term fix for this? I'm experiencing the same on ripee's LOS17.1.
    Did you try exactly the steps above (e.g., no data partion wipe)...you just straight downgraded to a minimal GApps package without a data rest? That's a bold move, and I am impressed!

After those issues with LOS 16 I installed LOS 17.1 and the Pico version of GApps and the random reboots started happening again. I then removed the SD card from the tablet and no more reboots. I formatted the SD card in the tablet with the Google Files App and never had the problem again but I don't have the Google App installed.
    When I upgrade the ROM with the same "version" of LOS I only wipe the cache and system partitions and install GApps. I never noticed any issues because of that both in my phone or tablet. When I installed 17.1 over 16 I did a clean install, wipe all partitions, format etc.
    About the GApps package: it's installed in the system partition but when the apps are upgraded via playstore they are "replaced" by the upgraded version that's going to be installed in the user data partition. When I installed the Pico version of GApps the Google app wasn't installed in the system partition and that's and that's why I was able to completely uninstall it afterwards. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: FiSh-MoB and DA6030

DA6030

Oct 3, 2007
    After those issues with LOS 16 I installed LOS 17.1 and the Pico version of GApps and the random reboots started happening again. I then removed the SD card from the tablet and no more reboots. I formatted the SD card in the tablet with the Google Files App and never had the problem again but I don't have the Google App installed.
    Oh fascinating. Isolating the Google app was a huge troubleshooting help!
    After many factory resets and various ROM/GApps combos, I'm now on LOS16 (official) with stock GApps package and all of the permissions revoked from Google app. Previously was crashing within a few minutes, and now crash free a couple hours so fingers crossed that will do it.

This is on a hunch that the crash is caused by Google app accessing something it shouldn't (e.g., Phone that doesn't exist on this tablet, Camera that we know is wonky on this ROM), and by revoking those permissions the Google app just won't try, instead of trying and crashing.

If that holds for a couple days, I'll wipe and go back to LOS17.1, to try the same approach. Finally, might try feeding Google back its permissions one at a time to see if I can further isolate.

Reactions: stlstl and FiSh-MoB

stlstl

Jun 10, 2020
    Oh fascinating. Isolating the Google app was a huge troubleshooting help!
    After many factory resets and various ROM/GApps combos, I'm now on LOS16 (official) with stock GApps package and all of the permissions revoked from Google app. Previously was crashing within a few minutes, and now crash free a couple hours so fingers crossed that will do it.

This is on a hunch that the crash is caused by Google app accessing something it shouldn't (e.g., Phone that doesn't exist on this tablet, Camera that we know is wonky on this ROM), and by revoking those permissions the Google app just won't try, instead of trying and crashing.

If that holds for a couple days, I'll wipe and go back to LOS17.1, to try the same approach. Finally, might try feeding Google back its permissions one at a time to see if I can further isolate.

Do you have a SD card installed? In my case it's part of the problem somehow.

Update: I got a Google Nest for Christmas and installed in the 17.1 ROM the Google Home and Google App to configure it. Major mistake, the tablet started to reboot constantly and nothing I tried solved the problem. Since I had to wipe everything and format I decided to give the Official LOS 16 another chance. I installed the latest version available (build 12-26) and the pico version of GApps (doesn't have the Goggle app) . Everything seemed fine for about one hour until the reboots started to happen again every time I opened Facebook Messenger. I'm done with LOS 16 for this device.
    Now I reinstalled the latest build from LOS 17.1 (12-27) and the Pico version of GApps and no more reboots. I had this combination of software for weeks without any major issues.

Last edited:

DA6030

Oct 3, 2007
    After a day of stability on LOS 16 with all the permissions revoked from Google App, I'm now back on LOS 17.1 with Stock GApps package, with most of the permissions revoked from Google App. I've been turning off the tablet overnight, so can't give a true uptime, but I've not had any reboots in the 1-2 hours/day that I've been using it.

I've got a strong hunch that the crash is related to something device-specific not working as expected, and Google just recently started querying that thing more or differently than it used to...but theoretically any app (with necessary permission) could just as easily trigger the crash. This is based on my experimentation where I tried a day with no GApps package (just used the FOSS that ships with LOS) and still got an occasional crash, although less frequently.

So, if issues do pop up, I plan to revoke permissions related to the things we know don't work (e.g., phone, call log, camera) from ALL apps to see if that helps.

Do you have a SD card installed? In my case it's part of the problem somehow.
    I did initially (from when I got the device, until this started happening) have an SD card mounted as adoptable storage. This was on LOS 17.1+Stock GApps. But as soon as the issue started a couple weeks ago, I removed the SD card, and have left it out through all of my (15 or more) experiments, and haven't tried putting it back.
    Now I reinstalled the latest build from LOS 17.1 (12-27) and the Pico version of GApps and no more reboots. I had this combination of software for weeks without any major issues.
    FWIW, I have not tried installing Google Home nor FB Messenger, so I doubt either of those is (directly) involved...although I'm sure Google Home and Google app and Google Play Services are all intertwined.

stlstl

Jun 10, 2020
    FWIW, I have not tried installing Google Home nor FB Messenger, so I doubt either of those is (directly) involved...although I'm sure Google Home and Google app and Google Play Services are all intertwined.
    I'm trying to make some sense of the problem since apparently only affects a few devices.
    Do you activate developer options? And if yes do you disable animations and or enable the reset to recovery option?
    Thanks

potsieanz

Aug 23, 2016
    I have been suffering with reboots using both 16 & 17

Following the advice here, I have had a number of days reboot free after the final step which as to remove the SD card

So setup is
    T813
    LOS16 with Pico gapps (no google app installed)
    No SD card
    Developer options are on

Touch wood!

Reactions: stlstl

DA6030

Oct 3, 2007
    Do you activate developer options? And if yes do you disable animations and or enable the reset to recovery option?
    Great questions! Yes, I always activate developer options. I always enable ADB, never touch animations, and sometimes enable the advanced reset menu.

stlstl

Jun 10, 2020
    Great questions! Yes, I always activate developer options. I always enable ADB, never touch animations, and sometimes enable the advanced reset menu.
    The problem of constant reboots I was having with LOS 16 is now happening in 17.1. After I made another clean install of 17.1 I only installed Chrome, Gmail and the Google files App. Apparently after I enabled developer options to disable animations (something I always do) and enable the reset to recovery option, the tablet started to reboot constantly. I was about to give up on LOS on this device and go back to the factory ROM when I saw there was a new TWRP version and a new 02-01-2021 ROM of LOS 16. Updated TWRP, made a clean install of the ROM, the Pico GApps, only installed Chrome and didn't enabled developer options. I still have the SD card inserted. So far so good but I'm afraid to even look at the tablet in a wrong way, it might reboot :)
    I'll install some more apps one at a time and update here.
    Thank you guys for having interest in diagnosing the problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Found some archives here: https://lineageosroms.com/
      Thanks buddies!
      There are beta builds for the tab from /e/ OS, latest Android 9 (LOS 16) from 20210416, secrity patch level from march. /e/ OS is based on LineageOS for MicroG and promises to get rid of Google and offers you a cloud - they try to offer a full-comfort system.
      https://e.foundation/
      https://doc.e.foundation/devices/gts210vewifi/
      2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
      • Download the latest build and gapps
      • Reboot to recovery
      • Flash the latest build and gapps
      • Reboot
      Downloads :
      Reporting Bugs
      • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
      • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
      • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
      Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
      What is your--
      LineageOS version:
      LineageOS Download url:
      Gapps version:

Did you--
      wipe:
       restore with titanium backup:
      reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
      a task killer:
      a non-stock kernel:
      other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
      [ROM][OFFICIAL][T813][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
      LuK1337
      Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2018-08-16
      Last Updated 2019-03-01
      Q update from me (no builds yet but the sources are coming along)

I'm nearing the end of bringing up Q for the qcom Note 4 (msm8974 chipset), and I'm using that as a learning experience to bring up our tablets (msm8976).

I have already updated the kernel, to which I'll be adding all future Pie commits that Deltadroid and others merge. The individual variant device trees required only a minor bringup from Pie to Q.

The common device tree will need the most work, but I will start by picking commits from luk1337's Tab S5e and Valera's Tab S3 work. I linked the wifi variants because I have the T813 myself, but I will of course add whatever changes are necessary for the LTE variants.

We all want Q on our tablets as soon as possible, but my priority are phones because those are more mission-critical of devices than tablets for the vast majority of users.
      I have updated the kernel in today's build with a new WiFi driver and several hundred cve. It should not be necessary to disable WiFi anymore while sleeping.
      New Year's gift from me

See the gts210vewifi in my Google Drive linked in my signature ;) Our thanks to @AL_IRAQI for his preliminary work.

source: https://github.com/samsung-msm8976
      Thank you for your answer, but I am not skilled enough to do that besides I am using windows. I would like to have a solution without fully wiping or via another ROM. But any help is very much appreciated

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Just to double check, this is all that needs to be flashed? Then the firmware will be up to date, and I should be good to go? (in theory)

So I am just a normal user, not a developer or someone with heavy skills, like the most of the LOS Users. I don't think that it is the way for official builds. Nothing about this in official install instructions. So, how to fix this without spending hours? Why don't you release a fix to handel for normal users?
      But, thank you for developing this room.

For those on Windows devices, here's an easier option to flash the firmware using Odin.

Download Odin 3.12.3 from https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin3 v3.12.3.zip (I have not tried newer versions, but this one works for sure).

Download the tar file posted by @AL_IRAQI here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80064058&postcount=397

With the device turned off, press ‘Power+Volume Down+Home’ to enter Download Mode.

Connect your phone to your PC with the USB cable.

Right click on Odin 3.12.3 and click on ‘run as administrator’.

There is a section called ID:COM (on the left upper side of the window). The blank space underneath it will turn blue if your device is recognized. (If the phone is not recognized make sure you have installed the USB Drivers).

Click on ‘AP’ and add the .tar file from the firmware archive.

Click Start and Odin will flash the firmware files and reboot the tablet once done.

Now you can install new Lineage ROM updates without error 7.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone