[ROM][OFFICIAL][T813][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

DA6030

Oct 3, 2007
I'll install some more apps one at a time and update here.
Thank you guys for having interest in diagnosing the problem.
Fascinating! Still no issues here, going on a few days, with this setup:
1. LOS 17.1 + Stock GApps package.
2. Manual revokation of most permissions from Google App.
3. I'm NOT signed in to any Google accounts on the device. Thus, I'm using most apps ( Chrome, YouTube, and a bunch that I sideloaded: Netflix, etc) unauthenticated to Google.
Note that I had a pretty similar setup a couple weeks ago, although without proactively revoking permissions from GoogleApp, and that rebooted every few mins.
I have not checked on Developer Options, but will report back.

stlstl

Jun 10, 2020
Fascinating! Still no issues here, going on a few days, with this setup:
1. LOS 17.1 + Stock GApps package.
2. Manual revokation of most permissions from Google App.
3. I'm NOT signed in to any Google accounts on the device. Thus, I'm using most apps ( Chrome, YouTube, and a bunch that I sideloaded: Netflix, etc) unauthenticated to Google.
Note that I had a pretty similar setup a couple weeks ago, although without proactively revoking permissions from GoogleApp, and that rebooted every few mins.
I have not checked on Developer Options, but will report back.

After I instaled Gmail the reboots started again when I oppened any page on Chrome. I do have my Google account configured and that's a must for me. Probably the reboots have something to do with the Google account, saved passwords and settings etc.
It's the end of the line for me, going to try the light versions of the stock firmware without the Samsung crap. The reason I insisted on LOS in my tablet it's because it runs very, very well on my LG G4 phone.
Thanks

alehop69

Jul 30, 2011
After I instaled Gmail the reboots started again when I oppened any page on Chrome. I do have my Google account configured and that's a must for me. Probably the reboots have something to do with the Google account, saved passwords and settings etc.
It's the end of the line for me, going to try the light versions of the stock firmware without the Samsung crap. The reason I insisted on LOS in my tablet it's because it runs very, very well on my LG G4 phone.
Thanks
It´s a shame hearing that... But if you don´t mind, would you tell me what light version of the stock firmware will you use? Maybe I´ll need it in the future..., who knows...
Thanks in advance...

stlstl

Jun 10, 2020
It´s a shame hearing that... But if you don´t mind, would you tell me what light version of the stock firmware will you use? Maybe I´ll need it in the future..., who knows...
Thanks in advance...
I've installed this one:
It's basically the stock ROM without most of the apps and services from Samsung and I've installed Nova Launcher. It's fast and everything works but I do miss some features from Android 9/10. Maybe I'll try LOS again in the future If I see reports the reboot problem was fixed.

potsieanz

Aug 23, 2016
My T813 continues to run perfectly now on LOS16, with no reboots. Given this, I am reluctant to take unnecessary new LOS updates. Are Lineage still developing the OS as there is never anything in the change log, and if not, what is actually in the new releases? Security patches?

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
My T813 continues to run perfectly now on LOS16, with no reboots. Given this, I am reluctant to take unnecessary new LOS updates. Are Lineage still developing the OS as there is never anything in the change log, and if not, what is actually in the new releases? Security patches?

There has been stuff in the change logs? It's not as active as some devices, but still.

I have 4 T813s in the house that I've been updating as I see changes, no issues.

Reactions: TKruzze

supachris

Jul 17, 2009
Dresden
Hi all,

Is there a way to increase the microphone gain? The built-in is very very low, also when I connect a analog (known good) headset to the 3.5mm jack, the far end cannot hear me good. So I assume this is a software problem. I tried to increase some gain values in the mixer_paths file in system/vendor/etc but it does not help.

tony950

Oct 12, 2013
it looks like official supoort for lineageos 16 for the sm-t813 is dead now. the lineageos site says "WARNING: The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi (2016) is no longer maintained. A build guide is available for developers that would like to make private builds, or even restart official support." sucks

antoniorecio

Sep 21, 2016
it looks like official supoort for lineageos 16 for the sm-t813 is dead now. the lineageos site says "WARNING: The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi (2016) is no longer maintained. A build guide is available for developers that would like to make private builds, or even restart official support." sucks

Does anybody knows if this is temporary?

Won't the sm-t813 officially supported no more?

Thank you and regards.

tony950

Oct 12, 2013
Does anybody knows if this is temporary?

Won't the sm-t813 officially supported no more?

Thank you and regards.

as mentioned, yes it is perm. the guy who started this thread and built los 16 for the sm-t813 says he no longer owns a sm-t813. he moved on to the tab s5e. there is still someone maintaining lineageos 14.1 for the sm-t813 if you dont mind android 7. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-unofficial-lineageos-14-1-t813-t713-delta-nougat.3935079/

KritonK

Feb 19, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
There are unofficial LOS 16.0 and 17.1 daily builds at https://lineageos.wickenberg.nu/gts210vewifi

A few days ago I dirty flashed what was then the latest version of 16.0 over the last official version, to get the February security updates. The system updater now points to this repository, and newer versions are already available. Things are now better than before, as daily updates are available again, should I ever need them, instead of weekly ones.

The 17.1 builds are based on ripee's sources from the 17.1 thread, so they are bug compatible with that version, but they might still be worth considering, if automatic updates work for them, as well.

supachris

Jul 17, 2009
Dresden
There are unofficial LOS 16.0 and 17.1 daily builds at https://lineageos.wickenberg.nu/gts210vewifi

A few days ago I dirty flashed what was then the latest version of 16.0 over the last official version, to get the February security updates. The system updater now points to this repository, and newer versions are already available. Things are now better than before, as daily updates are available again, should I ever need them, instead of weekly ones.

Do we need to change the signing keys before flashing the unofficial version? Is this script needed? https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_builds.html#using-a-script

Thanks a lot.

KritonK

Feb 19, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Do we need to change the signing keys before flashing the unofficial version? Is this script needed?
The script you mentioned seems to be part of the build procedure, not the installation procedure. I've never had to do anything with keys, when switching ROMs.

To switch to the unofficial build, what I did was the following:
  1. Boot into recovery.
  2. Take a backup of the system. (If something goes wrong, you can restore from backup and go back to the official build, without having to install from scratch. You may need an external SD card or USB OTG device, if you don't have enough space.)
  3. Install the image of the unofficial version as a system image.
  4. Clear dalvik/cache.
  5. Reboot.
  6. Delete the backup. (In my case, everything went well. Even gapps and magisk survived the switch.)
Note that the above procedure is for switching from the official 16.0 build to the unofficial 16.0 build. If you want to try the 17.1 build, you will have to install a custom version of TWRP and perform a clean flash. Check the 17.1 thread for details and for the limitations of that version.

Entodoays

• Sep 13, 2015
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
    Moto G4 Plus
    Reactions: neolovich

neolovich

Dec 24, 2013
    Just bought a Galaxy Tab S2 and flashed the last official LOS 16.
    In the Trebuchet Launcher i can only hide apps in the drawer, when i activate a pattern or a PIN.
    On my LOS 17.1 Smartphone that is not the case. There i can hide apps in the drawer without having pattern or PIN activated.
    Is it a bug or is it just available from Trebuchet 10 and up?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      There are beta builds for the tab from /e/ OS, latest Android 9 (LOS 16) from 20210416, secrity patch level from march. /e/ OS is based on LineageOS for MicroG and promises to get rid of Google and offers you a cloud - they try to offer a full-comfort system.
      https://e.foundation/
      https://doc.e.foundation/devices/gts210vewifi/
      2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
      • Download the latest build and gapps
      • Reboot to recovery
      • Flash the latest build and gapps
      • Reboot
      Downloads :
      Reporting Bugs
      • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
      • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
      • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
      Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
      What is your--
      LineageOS version:
      LineageOS Download url:
      Gapps version:

Did you--
      wipe:
       restore with titanium backup:
      reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
      a task killer:
      a non-stock kernel:
      other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
      [ROM][OFFICIAL][T813][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
      LuK1337
      Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2018-08-16
      Last Updated 2019-03-01
      Q update from me (no builds yet but the sources are coming along)

I'm nearing the end of bringing up Q for the qcom Note 4 (msm8974 chipset), and I'm using that as a learning experience to bring up our tablets (msm8976).

I have already updated the kernel, to which I'll be adding all future Pie commits that Deltadroid and others merge. The individual variant device trees required only a minor bringup from Pie to Q.

The common device tree will need the most work, but I will start by picking commits from luk1337's Tab S5e and Valera's Tab S3 work. I linked the wifi variants because I have the T813 myself, but I will of course add whatever changes are necessary for the LTE variants.

We all want Q on our tablets as soon as possible, but my priority are phones because those are more mission-critical of devices than tablets for the vast majority of users.
      I have updated the kernel in today's build with a new WiFi driver and several hundred cve. It should not be necessary to disable WiFi anymore while sleeping.
      New Year's gift from me

See the gts210vewifi in my Google Drive linked in my signature ;) Our thanks to @AL_IRAQI for his preliminary work.

source: https://github.com/samsung-msm8976
      Thank you for your answer, but I am not skilled enough to do that besides I am using windows. I would like to have a solution without fully wiping or via another ROM. But any help is very much appreciated

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Just to double check, this is all that needs to be flashed? Then the firmware will be up to date, and I should be good to go? (in theory)

So I am just a normal user, not a developer or someone with heavy skills, like the most of the LOS Users. I don't think that it is the way for official builds. Nothing about this in official install instructions. So, how to fix this without spending hours? Why don't you release a fix to handel for normal users?
      But, thank you for developing this room.

For those on Windows devices, here's an easier option to flash the firmware using Odin.

Download Odin 3.12.3 from https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin3 v3.12.3.zip (I have not tried newer versions, but this one works for sure).

Download the tar file posted by @AL_IRAQI here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80064058&postcount=397

With the device turned off, press ‘Power+Volume Down+Home’ to enter Download Mode.

Connect your phone to your PC with the USB cable.

Right click on Odin 3.12.3 and click on ‘run as administrator’.

There is a section called ID:COM (on the left upper side of the window). The blank space underneath it will turn blue if your device is recognized. (If the phone is not recognized make sure you have installed the USB Drivers).

Click on ‘AP’ and add the .tar file from the firmware archive.

Click Start and Odin will flash the firmware files and reboot the tablet once done.

Now you can install new Lineage ROM updates without error 7.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone