[ROM][OFFICIAL][T813][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

pitrus-

Sep 4, 2011
Östersund
www.wickenberg.nu
Hi, and sorry for lack of information concerning lineageos.wickenberg.nu releases. Due to lack of time and life compilation for gts210/gts28 devices was removed from my buildbot. However due to sick leave I got some spare time, and also thanks to ripee for releasing fixed msm8976 kernel sources, I've decided to re-add lineageos 16 for the gts210 devices as well as gts28. While at it I also added back lineageos 17.1 using previously ripees now team-infusions manifest.

Also, I'm moving over from my personal domain to the new private hosting domain, so the URL for downloading will switch over to https://los.rockhost.se, but the old URL will still work for some time to give people some time to switch over. Also the buildbot is reachable using https://buildbot.rockhost.se.

Older Fogie

Mar 20, 2022
I have a number of Samsung Galaxy Tab S2s that I have been using with a team to play a trivia game. Recently, they stopped working. I suspected the reason for this was the version of Android they used. I had a T813, and thought that I should use Lineage OS 16.0 with it since the camera was supposed to work with it, unlike newer versions of Lineage OS. So I downloaded and clean-installed lineage-16.0-20220310-UNOFFICIAL-GTS210vewifi.zip and open_gapps-arm64-nano-20220215.zip (the two newest builds). The end result is that the trivia game now works, but the cameras do not, neither the stock camera nor Open Camera.

What did I do wrong? Is there a different combination of builds that will make the cameras functional?

AzieC

Apr 12, 2022
Hello, I tried install lineage 16.0, it would stock after reboot, but doing another force restart will show welcome screen and the system works.

Tried the same thing with 17.1, it would stock with lineageOS Logo forever

I've already updated to the latest stock ROM before installation.

What did I do wrong?

btw, camera works OK on my T813 with 16.0 system.

Thanks for keep updating the system, I need the PIP feature after system 8.0 for opening both google Map and Youtube.

AzieC

Apr 12, 2022
update:
after a few more tries, 17.1 worked
force shut down / reboot 2 times after 17.1 installation
every time wait for lineageOS logo for a few minutes (3 or so)
then it would boot up OK on the 3rd try, tested with stock and nano Gapps

17.1 camera not working, showing "no connection" error
17.1 GPS is disable and cannot be activated

switched back to 16.0 now
it seems to have less issues

Last edited:

AzieC

Apr 12, 2022
Hi, and sorry for lack of information concerning lineageos.wickenberg.nu releases. Due to lack of time and life compilation for gts210/gts28 devices was removed from my buildbot. However due to sick leave I got some spare time, and also thanks to ripee for releasing fixed msm8976 kernel sources, I've decided to re-add lineageos 16 for the gts210 devices as well as gts28. While at it I also added back lineageos 17.1 using previously ripees now team-infusions manifest.

Also, I'm moving over from my personal domain to the new private hosting domain, so the URL for downloading will switch over to https://los.rockhost.se, but the old URL will still work for some time to give people some time to switch over. Also the buildbot is reachable using https://buildbot.rockhost.se.
Thank you for the great ROMs, I am running LineageOS 16.0 on my T813, and it's giving the old tablet a new life!

Would it be possible to make ROMs for Exynos CPU Tab S2 units?

I also have a T715 and is running some old ROMs found on XDA. But I like your lineage 16.0 the best, especially with security updates!

It would be great if you can consider also making ROMs for T710/T715/T810/T815. Thank you!!

Last edited:

lookinupnow

Jun 26, 2017
Chicago Area
I loaded LinageOs 16.0 on my Galaxy tab S2 (T813) and am having difficulty creating folders or adding an app to a folder. When I drag an app over another or onto a folder, the other app or folder snaps to another location. The one folder I was able to create has no plus sign for adding apps easily. Do I have a bad technique, am I missing a timing setting, is there anything I could do to make grouping my apps easier?

Isaac_T

Wow, thanks for this ROM! It gave my old S2 T813 a new life.

I was running stock rom the whole time and didn't care so much for the slowness. But all of a sudden, my Microsoft apps such as Outlook, Edge and etc. stopped working. I googled and read that they increased the requirements for Android to be at least Android 8.

I installed lineageOS including the MicroG someone posted here and it was working good for some hours. But after installing some apps, I started to get random reboots.

It started to happen when I was using Microsoft Edge and also some other apps. I then decided to reinstall with the latest Unofficial version without Micro-G and instead, I installed OpenGapps with Pico-version (I don't have any problems running Google services) and I haven't had any random reboots after that. The tablet feels much quicker and I don't have any problems with battery life, it's the same as before.

Isaac_T

I loaded LinageOs 16.0 on my Galaxy tab S2 (T813) and am having difficulty creating folders or adding an app to a folder. When I drag an app over another or onto a folder, the other app or folder snaps to another location. The one folder I was able to create has no plus sign for adding apps easily. Do I have a bad technique, am I missing a timing setting, is there anything I could do to make grouping my apps easier?
Are you running LineageOS launcher? Trebuchet? I don't know if it's possible to make folders that way, I had some difficulties with that too, so I decided to install Nova launcher which have a lot of features and tweaks you can make.

lookinupnow

Jun 26, 2017
Chicago Area
Are you running LineageOS launcher? Trebuchet? I don't know if it's possible to make folders that way, I had some difficulties with that too, so I decided to install Nova launcher which have a lot of features and tweaks you can make.
Many thanks for your reply. I greatly appreciate it. On my Galaxy Tab S2 (T813) I did a clean flash of LinageOs 16.0 & mini gapps. Unknown to me it was running pixel launcher. After your reply, I loaded Nova 7 and couldn't be happier. I made Nova 7 the default launcher app. Nova provides all the capability I need to create folders and add apps.

Reactions: Isaac_T and Fif_

bracketb4d

Jul 18, 2011
Thanks for checking. It appears that Google has removed native wifi-direct support for this device in Android Pie. Wifi-direct support will need to be added back to lineage-16.0 frameworks to fix the issue. There is a topic still under review on Lineage's Gerrit regarding wifi-direct on Android Pie for older devices.
Hello @Deltadroid
After searching the forums the past days, finding some related posts of yours here, I went through all your thread posts and finally found this post. Just wanted to ask - could you please point me in the right direction regarding the outcome of this "adding wifi-direct support back to lineage OS" thing?

I'm just looking to my get Miracast working on my T810 and willing to try anything for it :)

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013
Hello @Deltadroid
After searching the forums the past days, finding some related posts of yours here, I went through all your thread posts and finally found this post. Just wanted to ask - could you please point me in the right direction regarding the outcome of this "adding wifi-direct support back to lineage OS" thing?

I'm just looking to my get Miracast working on my T810 and willing to try anything for it :)
Support for miracast in pie requires special binary blobs which are not available for this device. In previous versions of android, support for miracast was provided by AOSP, which is why it works in Nougat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][T813][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2018-08-16
    Last Updated 2019-03-01
    Q update from me (no builds yet but the sources are coming along)

I'm nearing the end of bringing up Q for the qcom Note 4 (msm8974 chipset), and I'm using that as a learning experience to bring up our tablets (msm8976).

I have already updated the kernel, to which I'll be adding all future Pie commits that Deltadroid and others merge. The individual variant device trees required only a minor bringup from Pie to Q.

The common device tree will need the most work, but I will start by picking commits from luk1337's Tab S5e and Valera's Tab S3 work. I linked the wifi variants because I have the T813 myself, but I will of course add whatever changes are necessary for the LTE variants.

We all want Q on our tablets as soon as possible, but my priority are phones because those are more mission-critical of devices than tablets for the vast majority of users.
    I have updated the kernel in today's build with a new WiFi driver and several hundred cve. It should not be necessary to disable WiFi anymore while sleeping.

New Year's gift from me

See the gts210vewifi in my Google Drive linked in my signature ;) Our thanks to @AL_IRAQI for his preliminary work.

source: https://github.com/samsung-msm8976