• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [ROM] [OFFICIAL] [TB-J716F] ZUI_13.0.346 OTA update Chinese ROM

Search This thread

mdurkin

Aug 1, 2011
New owner here! Supplied by giztop (very quickly to the UK) with Chinese ROM. Took all the OTA updates, and then applied the ZUI 13 and patch on this thread. Checked DRM app and all seemed fine after every update, google play (as installed on tablet when it arrived) still fine at the end of it all.
I don't have Netflix installed, but it's there in the store.
I have noticed something else odd, but that's for another thread, not here!

bobo24

Jul 27, 2012
Installed The updates, everything seems to work fine including Netflix.
It added 2 live lock-screen wallpapers which are nice+more regular wallpapers.
I think it added more gestures for navigation but not sure about that.

mdurkin

Aug 1, 2011
Screen extending to USBC monitor has much better options (unless I missed them before). Can push screen to ext monitor and use tablet screen as a mouse! Looks to be more windows options as well, if you like to run multiple apps at once, handy for those desktop users perhaps.
Had a good look at low blacks on screen given reports of then not being good. I can't see any problem at all, screen seems extremely good to me...

muarifahmad

Nov 6, 2021
Restart Again, Again, And Again.
Notif Danger "A Forced Shutdown Will Occur Later"
I've Only Been Using This Tablet For About 1 Week.
I Use It As Usual, Watching Netflix, YouTube and Browsing.
Not Made For Things That Harm The Tablet.
Anyone Know This Problem?
Device : Xiaoxin (Lenovo) Pad Pro 2021 TB-J716F (Chinese Version)
ZUI version : 12.6.238 ST
Android version : 11
Security Patch : June 1, 2021
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Now I Have Updated The Latest Version Of ZUI 13.0.364 ST. But After 2 Days Of Use It Reappears, Restart Again Again And Again , I've Done All The Ways On The XDA Forum, But The Same Problem Always Appears.
Stock Rom ZUI 12.6.211 ST : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/in...
ROM LATEST ZUI 13.0.364 ST : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/ro...
Device : Xiaoxin (Lenovo) Pad Pro 2021 TB-J716F (Chinese Version)
ZUI version : 13.0.364 ST
Android version : 11
Security Patch : September 1, 2021

muurin

Jan 18, 2013
Hello everyone,

I want to make sure that is it possible to downgrade to ZUI 12.6.x with bootloader locked after upgrading to ZUI 13.0.x? Let me share my experience regarding this topic.

Early in this month, I bought TB-J716F Chinese rom version and enjoyed using it normally (I mean, with bootloader locked) for a while. At that time, rom version of my device was "12.6.238" (I received an OTA update "12.6.211 to 12.6.238" in the first day of use.)

And last weekend, I found this post so I decided to update rom version to "13.0.364" by using zip files in this post. Everything worked perfectly. Then, I unlocked bootloader and relocked again because it's my first Android device of Lenovo so I just wanted to make sure how to do it. Both processes worked perfectly.

After that, I wanted to know how to use QFIL also, so I tried flashing "12.6.211" rom with QFIL. After flashing it, my device stucked with the error:
"<!> Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot Visit this link on another device: g.co/ABH"...

I thought I had bricked my device completely... But I managed to find that I can still unlock bootloader again. After unlocking, I tried the followings:

1. Flash "12.6.211" rom with QFIL (This time, with bootloader unlocked.)
--> Can boot and use device normally, but the device must remain unlocked. If I relock it, it goes bricked again. It means that I cannot get OTA update to "12.6.238".

2. Flash "12.6.211" rom with QFIL + Apply "12.6.238 to 13.0.346" update zip manually
--> Can boot and use device normally, and can still boot device after locking bootloader. But you know, all the user data will be wiped immediately after locking bootloader. After being wiped, I cannnot launch the built-in "Security" app anymore.
(After flashing with QFIL, I assume that I should apply "12.6.211 to 12.6.238" update first, but unfortunately I don't have the zip file for doing it manually so far. And I cannot get OTA update to "12.6.238" either because if I lock bootloader on "12.6.x" version, it goes bricked. This could be the cause of my "Security" app problem...)

3. Flash 12.6.211 rom with QFIL + Apply "12.6.238 to 13.0.346" and "13.0.346 to 13.0.364" update zips manually
--> Result is identical to 2.

So far, it seems that now I can lock bootloader with ZUI 13.0.x roms only. Is there anyone who has similar experiences?
I appreciate any comments regarding this problem.

Thank you.

Reactions: zxcv88

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
Hello everyone,

I want to make sure that is it possible to downgrade to ZUI 12.6.x with bootloader locked after upgrading to ZUI 13.0.x? Let me share my experience regarding this topic.

Early in this month, I bought TB-J716F Chinese rom version and enjoyed using it normally (I mean, with bootloader locked) for a while. At that time, rom version of my device was "12.6.238" (I received an OTA update "12.6.211 to 12.6.238" in the first day of use.)

And last weekend, I found this post so I decided to update rom version to "13.0.364" by using zip files in this post. Everything worked perfectly. Then, I unlocked bootloader and relocked again because it's my first Android device of Lenovo so I just wanted to make sure how to do it. Both processes worked perfectly.

After that, I wanted to know how to use QFIL also, so I tried flashing "12.6.211" rom with QFIL. After flashing it, my device stucked with the error:
"<!> Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot Visit this link on another device: g.co/ABH"...

I thought I had bricked my device completely... But I managed to find that I can still unlock bootloader again. After unlocking, I tried the followings:

--> Can boot and use device normally, but the device must remain unlocked. If I relock it, it goes bricked again. It means that I cannot get OTA update to "12.6.238".

2. Flash "12.6.211" rom with QFIL + Apply "12.6.238 to 13.0.346" update zip manually
--> Can boot and use device normally, and can still boot device after locking bootloader. But you know, all the user data will be wiped immediately after locking bootloader. After being wiped, I cannnot launch the built-in "Security" app anymore.
(After flashing with QFIL, I assume that I should apply "12.6.211 to 12.6.238" update first, but unfortunately I don't have the zip file for doing it manually so far. And I cannot get OTA update to "12.6.238" either because if I lock bootloader on "12.6.x" version, it goes bricked. This could be the cause of my "Security" app problem...)

3. Flash 12.6.211 rom with QFIL + Apply "12.6.238 to 13.0.346" and "13.0.346 to 13.0.364" update zips manually

So far, it seems that now I can lock bootloader with ZUI 13.0.x roms only. Is there anyone who has similar experiences?

Thank you.
The Lenovo Security Center issue is just a coincidence. I am having this on my XiaoXin Pad Pro 12.6 on Zui 13. The app needs an update I think.

On a side note, do you think the boot loader needs to be unlocked to flash via QFIL? Does you get Widevine L1 back once it is locked?

muurin

Jan 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your comment!
The Lenovo Security Center issue is just a coincidence. I am having this on my XiaoXin Pad Pro 12.6 on Zui 13. The app needs an update I think.

On a side note, do you think the boot loader needs to be unlocked to flash via QFIL? Does you get Widevine L1 back once it is locked?
Oh, do you have the Security Center issue on ZUI 13, too? In my case, I can launch the app on ZUI 13 if I stay with bootloader unlocked after upgrading from ZUI 12.6 because the update itself doesn't wipe data. How about you?

I've got Widevine L1 back after relocking bootloader on ZUI 13. For me, the only issue after locking bootloader is the Security Center app...
I don't know whether you can flash roms via QFIL with bootloader locked properly or not. Because I have only ZUI 12.6 rom that can flash via QFIL so far. (As I mentioned above, when I flashed it with bootloader locked, my device bricked. So my devices must be unlocked before flashing it. If I can get ZUI 13 rom file for QFIL, it may be possible, but it seem that there is no ZUI 13 rom file for TB-J716F yet.)

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
Thank you very much for your comment!

Oh, do you have the Security Center issue on ZUI 13, too? In my case, I can launch the app on ZUI 13 if I stay with bootloader unlocked after upgrading from ZUI 12.6 because the update itself doesn't wipe data. How about you?

I've got Widevine L1 back after relocking bootloader on ZUI 13. For me, the only issue after locking bootloader is the Security Center app...
I don't know whether you can flash roms via QFIL with bootloader locked properly or not. Because I have only ZUI 12.6 rom that can flash via QFIL so far. (As I mentioned above, when I flashed it with bootloader locked, my device bricked. So my devices must be unlocked before flashing it. If I can get ZUI 13 rom file for QFIL, it may be possible, but it seem that there is no ZUI 13 rom file for TB-J716F yet.)
My 12.6 was fresh out the box with an OTA waiting for me. I've done a factory reset and the security center is still taking control over my apps!! I've not touched the boot loader.

muurin

Jan 18, 2013
My 12.6 was fresh out the box with an OTA waiting for me. I've done a factory reset and the security center is still taking control over my apps!! I've not touched the boot loader.
I'm sorry, now I am confused a little. Then, when did you experience the Security Center app issue on ZUI 13 and how did you fix that?

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
My 12.6 has Zui 13 and the security center app does exactly as you described. So it's an issue with the App not something you have done.

I've put a post on the Lenovo forums and there's someone else with an 11 and Zui with the same issue.

muurin

Jan 18, 2013
I think I understand now. You mean you have the issue on your stock Xiaoxin Pad Pro 12.6 (ZUI 13), and you tried factory reset but the issue still remains. Right?

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
Have you found any workaround for the issue?
The only thing I found is disabling com.zui.safecenter by using ADB command. But it has very annoying side effects (while disabling it, you cannot touch any permission settings of all apps)....
Nope just having to live with it for now. Strangely.. My security centre is working on ZUI 13 Xiaoxin Pad pro 11. Its only the 12.6 where I have the issue!!

muurin

Jan 18, 2013
Nope just having to live with it for now. Strangely.. My security centre is working on ZUI 13 Xiaoxin Pad pro 11. Its only the 12.6 where I have the issue!!
Thank you for your reply.

After upgrading your Xiaoxin Pad pro 11 to ZUI 13, did you execute "Factory data reset" on the device? If you didn't yet, I think it is normal behavior. Because after I upgraded my TB-J716F from ZUI 12.6 to ZUI 13, there was no issue. But after I relocked bootloader (it causes wiping data), the issue occurs.
So I suspect that If you execute "Factory data reset" on your Xiaoxin Pad pro 11, there will be high possibility that the device also has the issue. (Of course, I don't recommend to do that!)

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
Thank you for your reply.

After upgrading your Xiaoxin Pad pro 11 to ZUI 13, did you execute "Factory data reset" on the device? If you didn't yet, I think it is normal behavior. Because after I upgraded my TB-J716F from ZUI 12.6 to ZUI 13, there was no issue. But after I relocked bootloader (it causes wiping data), the issue occurs.
So I suspect that If you execute "Factory data reset" on your Xiaoxin Pad pro 11, there will be high possibility that the device also has the issue. (Of course, I don't recommend to do that!)
I did not factory reset so you may well be right!!

I hope Lenovo pull their finger out and fix this. Their security app is almost like a virus it's so invasive.

If it wasn't for one bloke soft bricking his P12 I'd have flashed the ROW ROM. I'm just not confident enough to risk it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

Here is the ZUI 13 OTA update for the Xiaoxin pad pro 2021 (TB-J716F):

Download

This has only been tested coming from ZUI_12.5.238 with locked bootloader.
    I can't say if it works with unlocked bootloader or different version so try at your own risk.

Instructions:
    1. Download file and put in the root of the tablet.
    2. Rename "TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00209.3_R_ZUI_12.6.238_ST_210824_to_TB-J716F_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00209.3_R_ZUI_13.0.346_ST_211108.zip" to "update.zip"
    3. Press the 3 dots in OTA window and select "Use the install package update"
    4. Install and enjoy!

Rooting is tested and working for this update, if you're interested check out this post by @tinybilbo

Credits to @tinybilbo for finding and sharing the update!

Update:
    A patch just came out and can be found here:
    Download
    Changelog is unknown for now...
    thank you very much @zxcv88 both 2 ota work well now , can you show us how to get these ota file like that ? It seem that lenovo block OTA on some devices which is out side of china mainland ( device does not receive any update from system update UI)
    They were shared in a Wechat folder on the Chinese forum. We will post new updates here when they're shared.
    Hello everyone, could you explain where I should put the update.zip. Should i need an SD card to update?

The download will likely be in downloads on your internal storage. Using a file explorer rename it to "update" then move it to the base folder (the one that contains all other file folders).
    Both updates went smoothly..thankyou..do I now need to do s factory reset..always thought after a big update its best to?
    I didn't and no issues for me. Its not like you've gone from Android 11 to 12.
    Hello everyone,

Thank you.