[ROM][OFFICIAL][THEA][6.0.1] Cyanogenmod 13.0 [UNIFIED]

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
nNbJJZe.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :

• Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera ( Videos And Photos )
  • Video Playback
  • Audio ( Record and Playback )
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • Led
Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
Phone model (XT1072/XT1077/XT1078/XT1079):
CM version:
CM Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
Dual SIM:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
Credits :

Donations :
You don't have to but if you want so...

XDA:DevDB Information
CM13.0 For Moto G 2014 LTE, ROM for the Moto G 2014 LTE

Contributors
LuK1337, luca020400, Somcom3X, crpalmer, Intervigil
Source Code: https://github.com/Cyanogenmod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-11-10
Last Updated 2016-04-22

bitstra

Sep 22, 2010
Berlin
Good to have a separate thread for CM 13 (thea) since yesterday!:good:

One thing in post #1 is confusing - the title image in post #1 says Cyanogen Mod 12.1 ?!

The changelog-link in post #1 forces an error 404 in loaded page!

Last edited:
Reactions: -SyncSoft-

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014

One thing in post #1 is confusing - the title image in post #1 says Cyanogen Mod 12.1 ?!

I guess I was too lazy to redo this image. I'll do it later I need to grab PSD outta my old HDD.
I also fixed that link.

sharkyblunt

Sep 1, 2015
A pretty damn good build. I'm getting a couple of issues, I'm happy to logcat the first one if it's new to you?

1) I'm getting force close from the Facebook and Facebook Messenger apps. I can't get past the login screen before it freezes and force closes the app.
2) The first time I did an image update using the 11/11/2015 build image I could download the zip to the Downloads directory, but I couldn't find any folder to place it in that could be seen by TWRP. Each folder I tried either couldn't be seen by TWRP or said that it was read only so I couldn't copy the zip there. Is this just a mismatch between the file system structure of Marshmallow since the SD card was incorporated as internal storage meaning that TWRP can't see it? Or was it a file system permissions bug in the build I was attempting to replace? In the end I had to change my SD card back to portable to give myself a location that TWRP could see it and the update installed fine.

bitstra

Sep 22, 2010
Berlin
A pretty damn good build. I'm getting a couple of issues, I'm happy to logcat the first one if it's new to you?

1) I'm getting force close from the Facebook and Facebook Messenger apps. I can't get past the login screen before it freezes and force closes the app.
2) The first time I did an image update using the 11/11/2015 build image I could download the zip to the Downloads directory, but I couldn't find any folder to place it in that could be seen by TWRP. Each folder I tried either couldn't be seen by TWRP or said that it was read only so I couldn't copy the zip there. Is this just a mismatch between the file system structure of Marshmallow since the SD card was incorporated as internal storage meaning that TWRP can't see it? Or was it a file system permissions bug in the build I was attempting to replace? In the end I had to change my SD card back to portable to give myself a location that TWRP could see it and the update installed fine.

*2) You can copy your flash-zip files to an internel 2GIG partition while you are in TWRP and connect to USB - This partition is visible(as sdcard0) & RW-mounted for TWRP and for MTP on PC ... No need to change the (formatted as internal storage)sdcard!

steford

Apr 29, 2006
I don't seem to be able to install SuperSU over the CM built in one. Flashing 2.46 and 2.52 via TWRP 2.8.7.0 gives a continual boot logo. Built in one doesn't seem to be fast enough for Llama. Any ideas? Thanks.

softsorter

Mar 20, 2008
Will this eventually become a nightly and a update ota for 5.1 thea? and will the 5.1 86 gapps be ok or will we need to flash the rom with a new updated gapps? and then continue on as a nightly?

Reactions: sankarvariear

Mav_tx

Jul 16, 2012
Will this eventually become a nightly and a update ota for 5.1 thea? and will the 5.1 86 gapps be ok or will we need to flash the rom with a new updated gapps? and then continue on as a nightly?

You definitely need to make a full wipe. In the end it is a complete new os. You should also use the 6.0 gapps to not run into any problems caused by the new permission system. After you installed your first 6.0 version of this rom, you can dirty flash afterwards. There might be nightlys as soon as it is flagged as one. Before that you will have to pick up the new versions from here.

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Got my XT1077 today and tried this. Can't do anything cellular related on CDMA network - calls stay at "dialing", hanging up takes forever, no cellular network... Clean install. Tried changing preferred network mode, no dice.
CM12.1 meanwhile is fine out of the box. I don't know if the RIL libs from CM12.1 can be used directly on CM13, but that's a possible fix.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM12.1
[WARNING: XDA One have not implemented "mark forum as read" - do not use]

bitstra

Sep 22, 2010
Berlin
I have this 'remount rw /system' issue in latest [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][THEA][6.0] Cyanogenmod 13.0 [UNIFIED] too!

thnx for the update! & dpichanger works now too!

is it only me(?) - or anyone ( or @RolanDroid ) can confirm this: can't mount /system r/w:confused:

Code:
[email protected]:/ $ su
1|[email protected]:/ # mount -o remount,rw /system                                        
mount: '/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system'->'/system': Permission denied
1|[email protected]:/ #

- so also the dpi-changer in ->settings -> display can't set changed dpi-value (in /system/build.prop)!

Edit 1:

shoudn't be there the device name in prompt
Code:
[email protected][COLOR="red"]:/[/COLOR] $
1|[email protected][COLOR="Red"]:/[/COLOR] #

like this
Code:
[email protected]:[COLOR="Red"]thea[/COLOR]/ $
1|[email protected]:[COLOR="Red"]thea[/COLOR]/ #

Is all this sepolicy - related ?

wired!

solved the remount rw /system - issue!

1.) copied blockdev binary to /system/xbin with twrp filemanager, while was in twrp.
( I've grabbed 'blockdev' binary from busybox binaries on my nexus 7!)

& chmod 0755 /system/xbin/blockdev

2.) rebooted device

3.) after reboot via ./adb shell
Code:
# su
# busybox blockdev --setrw /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system
# mount -o remount,rw /system

this solved my problem!

Root Explorer can remount rw /system now too!

So somehow my device '/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1' was set to readonly ?!

Edit:

after reboot I have to do Step 3.) again - so it seems, that somewhere in init the block-device will be set to readonly!

So @LuK1337 - Please have a look into/solve this!

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Will make a flashable zip for this fix tomorrow - if anyone is interested in this PM me...

Last edited:

Jackdafish

Sep 2, 2015
:D

Oh my god I need this. Once I've got my phone in a bootable state (cycling through various degrees of brick right now) this is going straight on. :laugh:
You say some CM features are broken. I'm on a CM12.1 nightly at the moment, which is perfectly stable for a daily driver and a great ROM. Is this stable enough to use as my primary (and only) phone? I don't mind a few bugs here and there, but nothing toooooo crippling. Texts, calls and a fair amount of apps is what I'm looking for. :) Should I leave it a few weeks?

However, it is BRILLIANT to see proper bleeding-edge development for a device that was fairly barren for so long. Thanks to all the great devs out there!

bitstra

Sep 22, 2010
Berlin
Oh my god I need this...
...Is this stable enough to use as my primary (and only) phone? I don't mind a few bugs here and there, but nothing toooooo crippling. Texts, calls and a fair amount of apps is what I'm looking for. :) ...

Though, if this ROM is in alpha state - I'm using it as daily driver on my device since 1st time released/up.
LTE/calls/messaging/SMS/android wear with smartwatch connected - alls is working out of the box!:good:

bitstra

Sep 22, 2010
Berlin
Yes - in /data/local/RootToolsMounts I can see, that /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system is mounted RO at boot:

RootToolsMounts:
Code:
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system /system ext4 ro,seclabel,relatime,data=ordered 0 0

So, cyanogenmod doesn't want let us change stuff in /system/media i.e.? WHY? (more restrictive than AOSP)

Last edited:

Jackdafish

Sep 2, 2015
Though, if this ROM is in alpha state - I'm using it as daily driver on my device since 1st time released/up.
LTE/calls/messaging/SMS/android wear with smartwatch connected - alls is working out of the box!:good:

Fantastic. I'll stick this on at some point today. Anyone tried Xposed? Wear Messenger, Eggster and No Lock Home are calling for me... :D

bitstra

Sep 22, 2010
Berlin
some guys are interested in make the /system folder rw...
(they PMed me)

So (as a workaround ) here is a flashable zip file that extratcs/copies

2 binary(busybox) files to /system/xbin
(cat-binary + blockdev-binary)
&
1 scriptfile (z_mount_blockdev_msmsdcc1_rw.sh) to /data/local.

The scriptfile you have to run after each reboot manually!
After this you can mount /system to RW (i.e. with root explorer or via ab shell).

Trying to make the script running via int failed here until now!

Keep in mind, that a rw /system is a security-leak!!! - So, as always you use it at your own risk, and you should remount the /system RO, after you've done your changes to file system!

after flashing the zip file + reboot:

make /system RW via adb shell:
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /system

make /system RO via adb shell:
Code:
mount -o remount,ro /system

or you can toggle this with root explorer...

you can download the flashable rw_mount_blockdev_msm_sdcc1_fix.zip here...

BTW: the cause for restricted RO /system lies in the fstab.qcom - where the system-partition will be mounted readonly!
So the better solution would be a custom kernel with a modified fstab!

Last edited:

ShardTheBroken

Dec 4, 2013
Carlisle
I just want to say this ROM is awesome, it's very stable, fast and almost lag free on my XT1068 (using the latest 23/11 build). I was a little skeptical at first with how new it is, but for me, it's actually as stable as the official CM12.1 I came from, but not yet as fully featured, so great work so far! Using as my daily driver :).
What was almost a deal breaker for me was the inability to mount /system as rw, but @bitstra's post helped a lot :) The ROM comes with busybox, so you can skip his first 2 steps. This is what I do:

Install a root file explorer that allows you to execute bash scripts as root, I use Root Browser ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree&hl=en ).
Create a new .sh file somewhere easily to find (I called it "mount_system.sh") and copy and paste this into it:

Code:
#! /bin/bash

busybox blockdev --setrw /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system

You can now run the script from Root Browser whenever you need to modify /system, just make sure the "Execute script as root" box is checked (it is by default) and you're good to go :).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nNbJJZe.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera ( Videos And Photos )
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Record and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • Led
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model (XT1072/XT1077/XT1078/XT1079):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    Dual SIM:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Credits :

Donations :
    You don't have to but if you want so...

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM13.0 For Moto G 2014 LTE, ROM for the Moto G 2014 LTE

Contributors
    LuK1337, luca020400, Somcom3X, crpalmer, Intervigil
    Source Code: https://github.com/Cyanogenmod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-11-10
    Last Updated 2016-04-22

I guess I was too lazy to redo this image. I'll do it later I need to grab PSD outta my old HDD.
    I also fixed that link.
    Well CM13 is going official :3
    B-but we disabled CDMA builds for now.

*2) You can copy your flash-zip files to an internel 2GIG partition while you are in TWRP and connect to USB - This partition is visible(as sdcard0) & RW-mounted for TWRP and for MTP on PC ... No need to change the (formatted as internal storage)sdcard!
    some guys are interested in make the /system folder rw...
    (they PMed me)

So (as a workaround ) here is a flashable zip file that extratcs/copies

2 binary(busybox) files to /system/xbin
    (cat-binary + blockdev-binary)
    &
    1 scriptfile (z_mount_blockdev_msmsdcc1_rw.sh) to /data/local.

The scriptfile you have to run after each reboot manually!
    After this you can mount /system to RW (i.e. with root explorer or via ab shell).

Trying to make the script running via int failed here until now!

Keep in mind, that a rw /system is a security-leak!!! - So, as always you use it at your own risk, and you should remount the /system RO, after you've done your changes to file system!

after flashing the zip file + reboot:

make /system RW via adb shell:
    Code:

make /system RO via adb shell:
    Code:
    mount -o remount,ro /system

or you can toggle this with root explorer...

you can download the flashable rw_mount_blockdev_msm_sdcc1_fix.zip here...

BTW: the cause for restricted RO /system lies in the fstab.qcom - where the system-partition will be mounted readonly!
    So the better solution would be a custom kernel with a modified fstab!