[ROM][OFFICIAL][TITAN][7.1] LineageOS 14.1 [UNIFIED]

Search This thread

smitharro

Jan 2, 2012
Blokker
I updated my daughter's Moto G2 2014 today. Coming from the latest CM13 nightly, she insisted in doing a dirty flash first.
So this is what I did:
1. Download the latest TWRP and flash it using Flashify.
2. Download the latest CM14.1 and gapps (open-mini).
3. DIRTY flashed these files in recovery.
Guess what? To my enormous astonishment everything worked! Only issues were a few apps that needed the right permissions (such as Whatsapp, that didn't show any names, without manually giving it the permissions) but after that it ran like sunshine!

Send with my Moto G4 Plus (XT1642) on CyanogenMod 14.1, Android 7.1, using Tapatalk!

mpeL

Aug 30, 2014
São Paulo
I updated my daughter's Moto G2 2014 today. Coming from the latest CM13 nightly, she insisted in doing a dirty flash first.
So this is what I did:
1. Download the latest TWRP and flash it using Flashify.
2. Download the latest CM14.1 and gapps (open-mini).
3. DIRTY flashed these files in recovery.
Guess what? To my enormous astonishment everything worked! Only issues were a few apps that needed the right permissions (such as Whatsapp, that didn't show any names, without manually giving it the permissions) but after that it ran like sunshine!

Send with my Moto G4 Plus (XT1642) on CyanogenMod 14.1, Android 7.1, using Tapatalk!

I'm honestly surprised that actually worked. Thanks for letting us know!

Reactions: Andy2290

david Almeida

Nov 6, 2014
Guarulhos
Hello luk1337, could you remove these unnecessary apps? ( music, browser, calculator )
I would only download what is necessary in the play store.

(sorry my english)

mankokoma

Dec 28, 2010
Berlin
Hello luk1337, could you remove these unnecessary apps? ( music, browser, calculator )
I would only download what is necessary in the play store.

(sorry my english)

Music and browser are quite good ones, specially the latter since it encrypts everything. Anyway, you can use Link2SD from the Play Store to uninstall built-in apps.
If only someone would read the forum or at least use search function... ONE side before this there is exactly described (and given an example script) how to use addon.d scripts. You can delete everything you want, you can add anything you want and you can backup anything you want and reinstall during installation / updating in TWRP.

PsyClip-R

Dec 19, 2009
Warsaw
Is there a way 100% functional to unpack and repack the system.new.dat from CM 14? I tried many methods found here on XDA but none of them worked 100%. I can easily extract the files but repack them is the real problem. I need to remove some apks before flashing the rom. I tried to use the system folder instead of system.new.dat but it won't flash.
Why don't you just flash the ROM, enable root and delete the apps manually? After that you could normally flash Gapps.
Or you may pack debloat script which might be fired in TWRP

pierremg

Sep 15, 2010
Why don't you just flash the ROM, enable root and delete the apps manually? After that you could normally flash Gapps.
Or you may pack debloat script which might be fired in TWRP
Thanks for your suggestion but I used gapps-config file and it worked like a charm. Removing system apps manually with the android already running isn't the best option cause some services keep running and using memory.

marciomiria

Nov 12, 2016
Battery usage of the rom

I had some issues with the battery life when i try the previous Nightly releases so i buy a new battery because the old one had 2 years of usage and i try for 2 days the stock rom and the last 2016-11-25 nightly for 2 days also:

2 days of use and to full charges
100% of charge with the phone off
Wifi always on
Netwrok the signal is not great at my home

- With the stock rom ( 6.0 marshmallow ) i got 3:30h of battery life and the graffic of the battery usage is more smoth the usage is more balanced as you can see in the attachment, when i go to sleep in the morning the phone just drop 1-2% of battery.

- With the last nightly with the same condition of wifi always on and network had and the charge of the battery with the phone off, i got more 15m to 30m of battery life i presume because the phone don't is full of software of google as the original rom is, but the battery usage is very strange. Per example i charged the phone and only use 3m of screen time and the phone drop to 98% of battery life something that i dont have make a case but after a few minutes less than 15m with the phone locked without any notification on the screen i unlocked to send a message and the battery drops from 98% to 84%. The other example when i go to sleep in the morning the phone drops 7% to 10% of battery . You can see in the graffic that the battery use is not smoth as a lot of drops a lot more in comparison to the stock rom, in deed it last longer but is it healthy in a long term of usage?

I love the rom is smooth very quick and even do as some smaller bugs ( its a test version) phone just work's great with it, but i think that the battery usage should be fixed.

rossi1991

Jan 28, 2016
Dhaka
Im facing a prb, i download ota file of 25 nov build, when i try to install ota file, download start and boots into recovery, then everything stops, nothing happens..
Im using latest twrp recovery..

Jimisballjohn

I installed CM 14.1 and I donwloaded gapps for 7.1. But I get error 20 and it promts me to download gapps for 6.0.1. Is this supposed to happen?

Solution: it seems that the problem was caused by the twrp version I was using. Everything seems fine now.

Last edited:

dVinsmoke

Apr 11, 2015
Soul Society
I had some issues with the battery life when i try the previous Nightly releases so i buy a new battery because the old one had 2 years of usage and i try for 2 days the stock rom and the last 2016-11-25 nightly for 2 days also:

2 days of use and to full charges
100% of charge with the phone off
Wifi always on
Netwrok the signal is not great at my home

- With the stock rom ( 6.0 marshmallow ) i got 3:30h of battery life and the graffic of the battery usage is more smoth the usage is more balanced as you can see in the attachment, when i go to sleep in the morning the phone just drop 1-2% of battery.

- With the last nightly with the same condition of wifi always on and network had and the charge of the battery with the phone off, i got more 15m to 30m of battery life i presume because the phone don't is full of software of google as the original rom is, but the battery usage is very strange. Per example i charged the phone and only use 3m of screen time and the phone drop to 98% of battery life something that i dont have make a case but after a few minutes less than 15m with the phone locked without any notification on the screen i unlocked to send a message and the battery drops from 98% to 84%. The other example when i go to sleep in the morning the phone drops 7% to 10% of battery . You can see in the graffic that the battery use is not smoth as a lot of drops a lot more in comparison to the stock rom, in deed it last longer but is it healthy in a long term of usage?

I love the rom is smooth very quick and even do as some smaller bugs ( its a test version) phone just work's great with it, but i think that the battery usage should be fixed.
This is problem since CM12, based on the CM also have this problem in battery life, I do not think there will be updates to fix this. I would recommend migrating to AOSP ROMs, but for now there is no good for everyday use. :)

Reactions: marciomiria

cuzzo94

Feb 16, 2009
Bergamo
At the moment i'm back with 26-10 Unofficial build.
It misses a few things, some issues with SD, but Jesus, this ROM flies, no reboots, no crashes, good battery
Unbelivable how stable this unofficial build is.
I guess that nightlies introduce a lot of featues, but a lot of work to do too.

marciomiria

Nov 12, 2016
This is problem since CM12, based on the CM also have this problem in battery life, I do not think there will be updates to fix this. I would recommend migrating to AOSP ROMs, but for now there is no good for everyday use. :)

Its a pity because this rom is very good for our phone and does this happen also on the snapshot version? i didn't try that one or in your opinion is better the AOSP ROMs?

The AOSP ROMs is this one?

http://xdaforums.com/moto-g-2014/development/aosp-caf-6-0-t3284309

Reactions: sebasGST

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera ( Videos And Photos )
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Record and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • Led
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model (XT1063/XT1064/XT1068/XT1069):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    Dual SIM:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Credits :

Donations :
    You don't have to but if you want so...

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 For Moto G 2014, ROM for the Moto G 2014

Contributors
    LuK1337, luca020400, skaveelicious, Somcom3X, crpalmer, Intervigil
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-09-10
    Last Updated 2017-02-06
    Just fixed SD card permissions.
    Please stop crying now and wait for the next build.
    [ announcement ]
    If you want to be able to use OTA ( which is not working yet ) you will have to update TWRP to the latest version as we added /misc mount point.
    ~ https://dl.twrp.me/titan
    Isn't too early to talk about this?
    There will be LOS 15, but the question is: will it be available for Titan? Probably not.

I hate titan but I guess I will be bored enough to at least try.
    Sneak peak ~ http://i.imgur.com/dQAGgql.png
    As with 2 other sneak peaks (gts210vewifi, Z00T) I did, there are no downloadable links or ETA for release. I'll release builds whenever I feel like. The HW wise everything works but camera and likely dual sim (I can't even test that lol).

(((Also you aren't allowed to release builds before me if you actually find required changes for the device~!)))