[ROM][OFFICIAL - WEEKLY] AICP - 17.1 - 12.1 [SURYA]

Search This thread

m0han

... remains to be seen whether @GtrCraft would release a 'hot-fix' of this rom.. not much response to the 'cts fail'...
The hotfix worked. Android Security Update is still June 5, 2022.
I was on crD 8.6 of 30th June, with the latest MindTheGapps and Magisk Delta and 'not encrypted'. After copying needed stuff, I wiped cache and dalvik-cache and flashed today's AICP and DFE. On rebooting, everything is fine.
The hotfix by @GtrCraft is unofficial, but let us hope the fix would be official next 'weekly' onwards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220711-002401_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220711-002401_Settings.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

metaxda

Apr 19, 2018
what's the latest AICP version ?
where to find the download and changelog ?
(normal download links appear slow or 'dead')

Reactions: ushilives

m0han

24 March release has Android Security Patch dt. 05 March. Several of my installed apps do not work with this release; the device just reboots and goes into a bootloop when the apps are run. I went back to the previous release and things are fine.

m0han

24 March release has Android Security Patch dt. 05 March. Several of my installed apps do not work with this release; the device just reboots and goes into a bootloop when the apps are run. I went back to the previous release and things are fine.
Same issue with today's build. 17.03 release is working fine. Posting here so @GtrCraft takes note when he visits this thread.

Attachments

• 20230331-135757.jpg
    20230331-135757.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 16

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS), we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP and then changed to be based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP) for Android Pie.
    We changed again for Android Q-R with a base of AOSP repositories and some additions from LineageOS for device-specific repositories.

If there are any bugs we will sort them out if it concerns our codebase. This ROM isn't LineageOS supported, so there is no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
    */

features.png

Feature list (rough overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

GZOSP team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    @maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    DU team
    Resurrection Remix team
    AOSiP team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @Miccia
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build weeklies and everything that comes with this, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 17.1

Download link

Telegram Support Group

Please note that official builds will be deleted from our servers every month due to maintenance services.
    Starting with AICP 15 we will be storing a copy of the most recent release here: https://media.aicp-rom.com/vault/.

Google Apps:
    (link the best one for your device, there are several variants out there right now, nano/micro GApps from opengapps.org is almost always a good choice though)

issues.png

You tell... :p

FAQ:
    Before using the ROM:
    Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
    A. Yes, just look here to see what day your device is built on.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels officially?
    A. No. You can still use them, but the discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Flashing the ROM:
    Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
    A. Check the flashing instructions...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
    A. Yes, this is the usual behavior on flashing a new official build by (or using) the build-in updater service.

Q. How do I 'dirty flash' builds?
    A. Wipe the System, Cache, and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution, and reboot. Or just use the OTA app to perform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
    A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot" as the destination, then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to lose root and reboot.
    A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to lose root. Now swipe to flash and reboot afterward.

Using the ROM:

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat AND the model name. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. Do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get, and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section on the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android R. You don't need to install any Add-ons, simply download the latest ROM and GApps, then follow the flashing instructions and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM zip file.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine though.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know!)

As always make backups beforehand
    Be sure to have the latest Android 11 firmware installed
    Boot into TWRP
    Flash rom and reboot to recovery
    Flash Gapps, Magisk etc. and factory reset + format data
    Flash Disable Force Encryption if you want to stay decrypted
    Reboot to system and profit

How to update:

Boot into TWRP and flash rom and gapps
    Flash Disable Force Encryption if you want to stay decrypted
    Reboot to system

Currently supported Root Solution:

Magisk stable
    Magisk versions >= 20.3 don't usually need to be flashed on every dirty flash.
    Depending on the device, you may need to flash it every time, unless your maintainer says otherwise, you should be fine.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA ("Over-The-Air" Updates):
    TWRP recovery is needed to be able to flash using the built-in OTA app.
    Please make sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery, keep in mind that this could also be an unofficial version!
    On encrypted devices, you will have to enter your PIN/password in TWRP before the process starts.

sources.png

If you want to contribute to AICP, or if you want to see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

Kernel source:
    https://github.com/GZR-Kernels/Optimus_Drunk_Surya
    Device source:

https://github.com/AICP/device_xiaomi_surya

ROM & Additional links:
    AICP's Homepage
    AICP Gerrit Code Review
    AICP sources on Github
    AICP Download page for official builds and media content
    AICP Discord Community
    AICP Telegram channel for server notifications on official builds

Time for an update: