Development [ROM][Official][Weekly] LineageOS 19.1 for Edge S / Moto G100

Search This thread

sip4050sip

Apr 13, 2022
after running this rom for a few weeks now I've run into no stability issues whatsoever
I'm able to use gapps, google pay and even android auto without issues
Thanks a lot for sharing your expierence. I will give the ROM a try.

Is it theoreticly possible to lower the SAR Value (Reducing signal strength) with a software hack ?

Hello,

I tried out this rom, while there are a few things I don't like as much as 14.1 which I came from, I love the work done to create this rom for the G100. I understand the A/B switching stuff now so I can use all the gapps without issues and I almost have all my stuff moved over to it. A fast device and a stellar rom. Turns out I didn't really need TWRP to resize /system because there is no need at all to do that, having played with some GSIs in the past it was a requirement but it wasn't here. The only thing about the G100 I do not like is the fact that it does not have an RGB LED or wireless charging otherwise fantastic phone, but made all the better by a fantastic rom!

It's my new daily driver! Woohoo moving from my dead battery ZTE Axon 7 which is older than dirt now...

zsiezi

Aug 31, 2015
I installed the most recent version from may 7th.

Here is what i am missing:
Support for hdmi /dp and support to edit the function of the google button.

Why is this thread still marked as beta?

How can i install magisk? TWRP sadly doesen't support the G100/edge s yet, and LOS Recovery is very basic.

An advise from a pure foss user: try OpenCamera from fdroid, you can use the wideangle Selficam with it.

Last edited:

henkery

Feb 1, 2022
I installed the most recent version from may 7th.

Here is what i am missing:
Support for hdmi /dp and support to edit the function of the google button.

Why is this thread still marked as beta?

How can i install magisk? TWRP sadly doesen't support the G100/edge s yet, and LOS Recovery is very basic.

An advise from a pure foss user: try OpenCamera from fdroid, you can use the wideangle Selficam with it.
Weird
HDMI seems to work just fine for me

installing magisk is a process of a few steps
first install the app
from the rom zip file you must extract the payload file
from this payload file you can extract the boot.img via this guide https://wiki.lineageos.org/extracti...ing-proprietary-blobs-from-payload-based-otas
then you push the boot.img to your phone and have the magisk app convert it, then reboot the phone into fastboot and flash boot

zsiezi

Aug 31, 2015
Weird

first install the app
from this payload file you can extract the boot.img via this guide https://wiki.lineageos.org/extracti...ing-proprietary-blobs-from-payload-based-otas
then you push the boot.img to your phone and have the magisk app convert it, then reboot the phone into fastboot and flash boot
Will i have to make this procedure every time i Update?

sp6ina

Mar 20, 2022
Motorola Moto G100 / Edge S
Weird

first install the app
Or easy way:
Change magisk.apk to magisk.zip and adb sideload it from pc like rom.
Everything work and ota updates dont brake magisk.

Reactions: zsiezi

zsiezi

Aug 31, 2015
Weird

first install the app
Just checked HDMI and DP, both work!!! Awesome!

Windoors

Jan 29, 2018
Can you disable the left side button? It annoyingly opens up search in very slight press in some apps like YouTube and chrome

HackVasant

Mar 19, 2022
I just upgraded form LineageOS 18.1 to 19.1 and I am trying to launch applications on my HDMI monitor.
1. With both Force desktop mode and Enable freeform windows, none of the application launches.
2. With just Force desktop mode. Application will launch but not in full screen. The height seems wrong.
With Lineage OS 18.1 this worked quite well but looks like it has been discontinued in favor of 19.1.

sip4050sip

Apr 13, 2022
I just upgraded form LineageOS 18.1 to 19.1 and I am trying to launch applications on my HDMI monitor.
1. With both Force desktop mode and Enable freeform windows, none of the application launches.
2. With just Force desktop mode. Application will launch but not in full screen. The height seems wrong.
With Lineage OS 18.1 this worked quite well but looks like it has been discontinued in favor of 19.1.
Hi,
thank you for sharing your expierience! Was ist the latest build from 2002-05-14?
Would be intersting to see if the hdmi issue changes with the next builds...

HackVasant

Mar 19, 2022
This was based on the 05/07 build. For now I went to back to Lineage OS 18.1 until HDMI is better supported.

AnamoH96

May 18, 2022
Hello, I have several questions before installing the Rom
Do I lose the turbopower of the load?
Do I lose the fluidity of loa 90hz?
I know that this issue is Hardware, but there must be a software issue there I suppose

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 19.1 builds for Edge S / Moto G100. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes an Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • I have not implemented dynamic model detection yet, so the displayed model is always "Edge S" regardless of your actual hardware, this is not a bug.

Installation:

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum
    • Special thanks to Electimon, this work is heavily based on his prior ones.

Changelog & Download:
    2022/2/20 initial release:
    • Video over LTE (ViLTE) probably doesn't work
    2022/3/13:
    • Sync latest source and update to Android 12L
    2022/3/20:
    • Sync latest source
    • Fix Wifi display
    • Fix status bar height for certain apps
    • Add indicator for fingerprint sensor
    • Less aggressive high refresh rate scheduling
    • Display color composition tweaks
    • Other minor changes
    2022/3/21:
    • Emergency fix for crash when recording fingerprints for the first time
    2022/3/27:
    • Sync latest source
    2022/3/27 and later official release:
    Thanks
    seems to work good!

was unable to enter recovery using the official LOS recovery but using Electimons LOSRecovery the install went ok
    Maybe you should try los-modded? It comes with pre-installed gapps.
    I ended up getting some info and realized I had to reboot to recovery after installing 19.1 and then it installed stock gapps into slot B which had space because of symlinks which I didn't know about. It works now. Not sure which nikgapos to choose though for sure still have a couple issues since I don't know what the letters on the nikgapps mean...
    after running this rom for a few weeks now I've run into no stability issues whatsoever
    I'm able to use gapps, google pay and even android auto without issues
    Hello and thanks to everyone who is working on these different Roms for the g100!

One question, which is the most stable Rom for the g100 (without Google) to use as an daily driver?