Development [ROM][Official][Weekly] LineageOS 19.1 for Edge S / Moto G100

Search This thread

mentao

Mar 12, 2018
Vienna
Thanks for the good work and update to LOS19!
LOS19 works nicely for me in most parts but for two glitches:
  • Some apps seem to lose some permissions (in particular file access) after reboot
  • Battery consumption for for mobile network seems rather high (given that most days I don't use the phone for calls)

oli004

Jan 7, 2021
Thx very much @dianlujitao. The ROM is working very smoothely.

1 question concerning the multiple camera support: OpenCamera recognizes both front cameras but only 1 of the rear cameras. Is it an OpenCamera problem or do the rear cameras have to be activated somehow?

Is there a better app to make use of the 4 rear cameras?

Hello,

The last build I have installed is the one from this thread, 19-20220327-UNOFFICIAL-nio and now that it's official 19.1 what's the upgrade procedure to upgrade from the version I mentioned above to the latest nightly?

I did a lot of work to get all my stuff on the device AND working correctly and I really don't want to have to redo it all since it was a giant PITA.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

zsiezi

Aug 31, 2015
Hello,

The last build I have installed is the one from this thread, 19-20220327-UNOFFICIAL-nio and now that it's official 19.1 what's the upgrade procedure to upgrade from the version I mentioned above to the latest nightly?

I did a lot of work to get all my stuff on the device AND working correctly and I really don't want to have to redo it all since it was a giant PITA.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Backup via seedvault and dirtyflash?

Kuato2084

Jun 28, 2022
Hi there,

first off thank you everyone for this great custom ROM. It works really well for me and it got even more responsive since the upgrade to 19.1.
One thing that doesn't yet work is the split screen mode though. Since it did with 18.1 maybe it's possible to implement it again?

pedr0.m

Jun 10, 2022
Is display over usb-c working for everyone?
When I plug it in, only a black image is displayed

SkunkHunt

Apr 16, 2018
Installed today on my Motorola G100 and i'm very happy! I love Lineage os!
The only thing i'm noticing is that the brightness wouldn't change: no change in brightness from low to max, it seems to stay always at maximum (adaptive brightness disabled)
Is this a common issue?

patwwh

Aug 23, 2007
Have anyone lost BLUETOOTH as me? How can I solve it ??

My Story:

I bought Motorola Edge S recently, then flash LOS19.1-20220604, and then upgrade to LOS19.1-20220709 via GUI. After consuming so much time to setup its desktop, I find that I cannot startup the BLUETOOTH. I guess it is not problem from hardware, but from bugs of that version of LOS.

So to solve it, I upgrade again to LOS19.1-20220716, but problem persist. After reading the change log, I decide to flash back the older 20220604 or 20220618 version. However, ADB has rejected my downgrade, and said "Denying OTA because it's SPL downgrade"

patwwh

Aug 23, 2007
Can anyone help confirm if you have lost BLUETOOTH function after flashing recent upgrades from 20220716 or after ??

Reactions: SkunkHunt

patwwh

Aug 23, 2007
I lost it! Installed the recent update
Thanks for your confirmation.

I knew that Motorola disallow downgrading to previous version of stock rom.
But I wrote in a previous post that I find that this rule has also applied to LOS, so I cannot downgrade to older version.
So if you or anyone know how to work around for this, please help share it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is any build of TWRP known to be safe to replace the LineageOS Recovery for this particular phone and LOS version?
    No
    Can anyone help confirm if you have lost BLUETOOTH function after flashing recent upgrades from 20220716 or after ??
    But with nikita you lost the wide angle in main camera and in front camera!?
    You're absolutley right!

BSG's 8.1 works more stably (also 3rd-party gallery did not work with Nikita's but works with BSG's now). However as you described, video recording from the front camera crashes the app.

But I switched from Nikitas 8.2 to BSG's 8.1.

thx for the tip.
    could you make a video and pass a link showing los for moto g100? Have the camera app an upgrade from los 18.1?
    Hi,

here is a video made with MGC's GCamMod 8.1 on this LOS 19.1 on Moto G100: https://file.io/UsCbEbxIgRnD

The question asking for a link showing "los for moto g100" I did not understand, I'm afraid. This thread here is for LOS 19.1 on Moto G100. Is that what you are looking for? The instructions on the first page are quite well to understand.

The camera app was changed a bit from LOS 18.1 to 19.1, but I do not see big differences. The stock LOS 19.1 camera app does not recognize the multiple cams of the Moto G100, but GCAM does.

The question about MindGApps I cannot answer either, never having used any kind of GApps.

But maybe let's keep this thread only concerned with questions just about the build for LOS 19.1 for Moto G100, let us?
    It's probably pretty annoying for the thread creator to see the thread degenerate into a general discussion thread. There are definetely better threads to answer the questions just concerning gapps. Sorry for being a bit harsh here ;).
    los 19.1 has a pc mode like the stock software??? O_O

Not really. Android has desktop mode, but it sucks. I recommend to run Linux on second screen which is OS for desktop
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 19.1 builds for Edge S / Moto G100. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes an Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • I have not implemented dynamic model detection yet, so the displayed model is always "Edge S" regardless of your actual hardware, this is not a bug.

Installation:

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum
    • Special thanks to Electimon, this work is heavily based on his prior ones.

Changelog & Download:
    2022/2/20 initial release:
    • Video over LTE (ViLTE) probably doesn't work
    2022/3/13:
    • Sync latest source and update to Android 12L
    2022/3/20:
    • Sync latest source
    • Fix Wifi display
    • Fix status bar height for certain apps
    • Add indicator for fingerprint sensor
    • Less aggressive high refresh rate scheduling
    • Display color composition tweaks
    • Other minor changes
    2022/3/21:
    • Emergency fix for crash when recording fingerprints for the first time
    2022/3/27:
    • Sync latest source
    2022/3/27 and later official release:
    Hi there,

first off thank you everyone for this great custom ROM. It works really well for me and it got even more responsive since the upgrade to 19.1.
    One thing that doesn't yet work is the split screen mode though. Since it did with 18.1 maybe it's possible to implement it again?
    Is any build of TWRP known to be safe to replace the LineageOS Recovery for this particular phone and LOS version?
    No
    Thanks
    seems to work good!

was unable to enter recovery using the official LOS recovery but using Electimons LOSRecovery the install went ok
    Hello, good idea to install linux on the phone for working in desktop mode on an external screen via hdmi/dp. Do you have a favorit linux (maybe ubuntu etc.) to install on the phone, or a link?
    Thank you!

I recommend to:
    * Enable external screen in Developer Settings
    * Install aVNC, Termux
    * Install Ubuntu on Termux via Proot (easier, but not faster)
    * Install lxde-core
    * Install tigervnc-standalone-server tigervnc-common in Ubuntu
    * Run tigervnc with LXDE
    * Use aVNC to Connect

Maybe one day I will create a script for that