Development [ROM][Official][Weekly] LineageOS 19.1 for Edge S / Moto G100

Search This thread
Weird
HDMI seems to work just fine for me

installing magisk is a process of a few steps
first install the app
from the rom zip file you must extract the payload file
from this payload file you can extract the boot.img via this guide https://wiki.lineageos.org/extracti...ing-proprietary-blobs-from-payload-based-otas
then you push the boot.img to your phone and have the magisk app convert it, then reboot the phone into fastboot and flash boot
los 19.1 has a pc mode like the stock software??? O_O

Thx very much @dianlujitao. The ROM is working very smoothely.

1 question concerning the multiple camera support: OpenCamera recognizes both front cameras but only 1 of the rear cameras. Is it an OpenCamera problem or do the rear cameras have to be activated somehow?

Is there a better app to make use of the 4 rear cameras?
Did you try google camera BSG Mak-gcam? Any trouble?

oli004

Jan 7, 2021
But with nikita you lost the wide angle in main camera and in front camera!?
You're absolutley right!

BSG's 8.1 works more stably (also 3rd-party gallery did not work with Nikita's but works with BSG's now). However as you described, video recording from the front camera crashes the app.

But I switched from Nikitas 8.2 to BSG's 8.1.

thx for the tip.

Reactions: agcerezo
You're absolutley right!

BSG's 8.1 works more stably (also 3rd-party gallery did not work with Nikita's but works with BSG's now). However as you described, video recording from the front camera crashes the app.

But I switched from Nikitas 8.2 to BSG's 8.1.

thx for the tip.
could you make a video and pass a link showing los for moto g100? Have the camera app an upgrade from los 18.1?

oli004

Jan 7, 2021
could you make a video and pass a link showing los for moto g100? Have the camera app an upgrade from los 18.1?
Hi,

here is a video made with MGC's GCamMod 8.1 on this LOS 19.1 on Moto G100: https://file.io/UsCbEbxIgRnD

The question asking for a link showing "los for moto g100" I did not understand, I'm afraid. This thread here is for LOS 19.1 on Moto G100. Is that what you are looking for? The instructions on the first page are quite well to understand.

The camera app was changed a bit from LOS 18.1 to 19.1, but I do not see big differences. The stock LOS 19.1 camera app does not recognize the multiple cams of the Moto G100, but GCAM does.

The question about MindGApps I cannot answer either, never having used any kind of GApps.

But maybe let's keep this thread only concerned with questions just about the build for LOS 19.1 for Moto G100, let us?
It's probably pretty annoying for the thread creator to see the thread degenerate into a general discussion thread. There are definetely better threads to answer the questions just concerning gapps. Sorry for being a bit harsh here ;).

SkunkHunt

Apr 16, 2018
How can i downgrade to the precedent update of Los 19.1? Since the last update i cannot use bluetooth anymore.
Edit: Arrived an update :)

Edit2: Nope. Bluetooth doesn't work

Last edited:
Reactions: patwwh

sip4050sip

Apr 13, 2022
Not really. Android has desktop mode, but it sucks. I recommend to run Linux on second screen which is OS for desktop
Hello, good idea to install linux on the phone for working in desktop mode on an external screen via hdmi/dp. Do you have a favorit linux (maybe ubuntu etc.) to install on the phone, or a link?
Thank you!

IntinteDAO

Jun 10, 2022
Everywhere
Hello, good idea to install linux on the phone for working in desktop mode on an external screen via hdmi/dp. Do you have a favorit linux (maybe ubuntu etc.) to install on the phone, or a link?
Thank you!

I recommend to:
* Enable external screen in Developer Settings
* Install aVNC, Termux
* Install Ubuntu on Termux via Proot (easier, but not faster)
* Install lxde-core
* Install tigervnc-standalone-server tigervnc-common in Ubuntu
* Run tigervnc with LXDE
* Use aVNC to Connect

Maybe one day I will create a script for that

Reactions: sip4050sip

sip4050sip

Apr 13, 2022
I recommend to:
* Enable external screen in Developer Settings
* Install aVNC, Termux
* Install Ubuntu on Termux via Proot (easier, but not faster)
* Install lxde-core
* Install tigervnc-standalone-server tigervnc-common in Ubuntu
* Run tigervnc with LXDE
* Use aVNC to Connect

Maybe one day I will create a script for that
Thank you!!!

DeadEnd91

Nov 6, 2015
I'm using the latest LineageOS 19.1 build and I have echo cancellation problems. When video calling with someone (speakerphone), the other party hears their own voice even if I lower the call volume to the mimimum. That makes phone calls impossible to have. Tested on Telegram and Signal.

Is this a known issue? Any workaround or future fix? I'm afraid I'll have to revert to stock...

patwwh

Aug 23, 2007
Motorola Moto G100 / Edge S
I'm using the latest LineageOS 19.1 build and I have echo cancellation problems. When video calling with someone (speakerphone), the other party hears their own voice even if I lower the call volume to the mimimum. That makes phone calls impossible to have. Tested on Telegram and Signal.

Is this a known issue? Any workaround or future fix? I'm afraid I'll have to revert to stock...
On latest official version, I can confirm that I meet bugs listed below:

1. Echo problem only when using speaker-mode (but tested on phone call only). (Not sure if this problem exist in earlier version, or even LOS v18)

2. Unable to turn on Bluetooth. (As I know, this problem didn't exist in earlier version, but Motorola don't allow downgrade any OS to previous version, so problem cannot be solved. Kust keep waiting for a workable version)

DeadEnd91

Nov 6, 2015
On latest official version, I can confirm that I meet bugs listed below:

1. Echo problem only when using speaker-mode (but tested on phone call only). (Not sure if this problem exist in earlier version, or even LOS v18)

2. Unable to turn on Bluetooth. (As I know, this problem didn't exist in earlier version, but Motorola don't allow downgrade any OS to previous version, so problem cannot be solved. Kust keep waiting for a workable version)
I can confirm both as well.

So far, I've encountered the following bugs:

1) Echo problem when using speaker-mode
2) Unable to turn on Bluetooth
3) Sometimes unable to modify the volume of a call when using speaker mode (the volume slider can be modified but it has no effect)
4) Cannot modify the call volume while in settings (the slider can be moved but the it has no effect on the volume)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 19.1 builds for Edge S / Moto G100. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes an Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • I have not implemented dynamic model detection yet, so the displayed model is always "Edge S" regardless of your actual hardware, this is not a bug.

Installation:

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum
    • Special thanks to Electimon, this work is heavily based on his prior ones.

Changelog & Download:
    2022/2/20 initial release:
    • Video over LTE (ViLTE) probably doesn't work
    2022/3/13:
    • Sync latest source and update to Android 12L
    2022/3/20:
    • Sync latest source
    • Fix Wifi display
    • Fix status bar height for certain apps
    • Add indicator for fingerprint sensor
    • Less aggressive high refresh rate scheduling
    • Display color composition tweaks
    • Other minor changes
    2022/3/21:
    • Emergency fix for crash when recording fingerprints for the first time
    2022/3/27:
    • Sync latest source
    2022/3/27 and later official release:
    Hi there,

first off thank you everyone for this great custom ROM. It works really well for me and it got even more responsive since the upgrade to 19.1.
    One thing that doesn't yet work is the split screen mode though. Since it did with 18.1 maybe it's possible to implement it again?
    Hi,

here is a video made with MGC's GCamMod 8.1 on this LOS 19.1 on Moto G100: https://file.io/UsCbEbxIgRnD

The question asking for a link showing "los for moto g100" I did not understand, I'm afraid. This thread here is for LOS 19.1 on Moto G100. Is that what you are looking for? The instructions on the first page are quite well to understand.

The camera app was changed a bit from LOS 18.1 to 19.1, but I do not see big differences. The stock LOS 19.1 camera app does not recognize the multiple cams of the Moto G100, but GCAM does.

The question about MindGApps I cannot answer either, never having used any kind of GApps.

But maybe let's keep this thread only concerned with questions just about the build for LOS 19.1 for Moto G100, let us?
    It's probably pretty annoying for the thread creator to see the thread degenerate into a general discussion thread. There are definetely better threads to answer the questions just concerning gapps. Sorry for being a bit harsh here ;).
    Is any build of TWRP known to be safe to replace the LineageOS Recovery for this particular phone and LOS version?
    No
    Can I downgrade from official china version firmware with android 12 to lineageOS android 11? and how? bootloader is unlocked
    Hi MK(UA),

I think the first thing to do is reading the instructions on the Lineage website, in these forums and of course the rest of the internet. After that, I think a lot more will be clear ;-)

To give a direct answer on your question; yes, though going to Lineage means a complete wipe and a complete fresh install, not just a "downgrade".

I have some bookmarks I will share here, hope it helps:
    >> Drivers and software you need:
    >> Just for when things are going wrong:
    >> The most important part: