zawata

May 28, 2013

Code:
#include <disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

Attention​
This WILL re-encrypt your device. There is currently a debate whether or not it should be enabled. If you do not want your device re-encrypted, either don't flash this ROM or flash a kernel with encryption disabled BEFORE booting the ROM the first time
With the being said Enjoy :)

Downloads
CyanogenMod Nightlies
Download GApps here

Sources
Device tree
Kernel

Problems
Must flash MMB29S firmware from Google. If you flashed any vendor partition mods, you'll need to flash this firmware too.

Questions
Is this ROM LTE-supported yet
No, unfortunately it isn't. We are working on finding a maintainer. PM me if you are interested
Where do I get themes??
Get Them Here
Or Here...
Or Even Here!

NOTES
I do not maintain this ROM. I am the Assistant maintainer(essentially). @simonsickle maintainers this ROM but is too focused with other projects to want to maintain a thread for CM. I maintain this thread. Ifyou have a problem direct it too me, please do not PM simon directly with issues regarding this ROM. Thank you.

Thanks To/Credits
Code:
* SimonSickle for getting this official-ized and for maintaining it
* craigacgomez for the gapss and device trees

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 13 - Official, ROM for the Nexus 9

Contributors
zawata, simonsickle
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_flounder

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: MMB29R
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Current Stable Version: http://download.cyan
Stable Release Date: 2015-10-07

Created 2015-01-19
Last Updated 2016-02-01

Last edited:

zawata

May 28, 2013
Thanks for putting this together. Hopefully we will eventually see an official build for the Nexus 9

it hopefully will be coming soon. eveyrthing is in place except for one of josh's commits, the device trees are ready all we need is a maintainer. Id do it but frankly i dont think id be good enough at it
im gonna try my hand at being a maintainer for a rom i just ported and am talk to the lead dev about getting official but CM is outta my league
however i will provide builds(ill try to do daily but i cant guarantee it) until the rom goes official

Reactions: Hum3rus

zawata

May 28, 2013
I can't see any 3rd party keyboards in settings. There's only the preinstalled one, but I have installed two other keyboards. Has anyone else the same?
L

yeah confirmed it with the heavily CM based rom im running
ill look into it and notify you guys when its fixed

Reactions: 9Lukas5

vboyz103

Apr 9, 2006
Themes is broken? I attempted to install few from play store but kept failing to install. Thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using XDA Free mobile app

oskuro83

Jan 20, 2015
Hi i have a question.

I have Nexus 9 with root, lollipop 5.0.1 and TWRP v2.8.4.0 installed

i would like to know if i download this .zip once its available, and i use the TWRP install option, if im going to be able to install it. I tried with other roms but no luck... i cant install them dont know why.

Anyways, its possible to install kit kat on nexus 9? What rom could i use? thx

zawata

May 28, 2013
Hi i have a question.

I have Nexus 9 with root, lollipop 5.0.1 and TWRP v2.8.4.0 installed

i would like to know if i download this .zip once its available, and i use the TWRP install option, if im going to be able to install it. I tried with other roms but no luck... i cant install them dont know why.

Anyways, its possible to install kit kat on nexus 9? What rom could i use? thx

This ROM should work, I don't see why it wouldn't
Try flashing it and if it doesn't work let me know and I'll hello you figure out why

And no, there's almost no way you'll ever be able to get KitKat on this device, the best you could do is a KitKat theme

zawata

May 28, 2013
Finnaly! CM12 is here is work great on mine. Thanks, Any idea when it will be available directly from CM?

I'll look into it but I really have no estimate
I don't want to be a maintainer of the ROM(I don't think I would be good enough) so we'll go official whenever someone wants to maintain it

zawata

May 28, 2013
@keanon are you able to read the op?
It says: "Check back in several minutes"
Means a new build is on its way why it's senseless to flash an older one, but wait instead for the new one
L

Gesendet von meinem One mit Tapatalk

sorry guys i could have swore i added the link, it must have regressed yesterday, im adding the link now

EDIT:
its up :D
as it turns out, the DEV-DB post and the OP arent the same thing so if i edit the OP then the changes arent reflected in the DEVDB OP so if i edit that one, it over writes all my changes on the thread OP

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    #include <disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Attention​
    This WILL re-encrypt your device. There is currently a debate whether or not it should be enabled. If you do not want your device re-encrypted, either don't flash this ROM or flash a kernel with encryption disabled BEFORE booting the ROM the first time
    With the being said Enjoy :)

Downloads
    CyanogenMod Nightlies
    Download GApps here

Sources
    Device tree
    Kernel

Problems
    Must flash MMB29S firmware from Google. If you flashed any vendor partition mods, you'll need to flash this firmware too.

Questions
    Is this ROM LTE-supported yet
    No, unfortunately it isn't. We are working on finding a maintainer. PM me if you are interested
    Where do I get themes??
    Get Them Here
    Or Here...
    Or Even Here!

NOTES
    I do not maintain this ROM. I am the Assistant maintainer(essentially). @simonsickle maintainers this ROM but is too focused with other projects to want to maintain a thread for CM. I maintain this thread. Ifyou have a problem direct it too me, please do not PM simon directly with issues regarding this ROM. Thank you.

Thanks To/Credits
    Code:
    * SimonSickle for getting this official-ized and for maintaining it
    * craigacgomez for the gapss and device trees

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13 - Official, ROM for the Nexus 9

Contributors
    zawata, simonsickle
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_flounder

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MMB29R
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: http://download.cyan
    Stable Release Date: 2015-10-07

Created 2015-01-19
    Last Updated 2016-02-01
    android 5.1 and i think 5.1.1 is released for all new nexus devices but none for nexus that we was promised from google to get every update for 2 whole years. i seen version 6 of android somewhere on a device. our nexus nine wifi devise is still using 5.0.1. i starting to be disappointed that i ever bout this devise even thou its nice power device. i tried the pure open source 5.1 from this forum and i kept getting internal bad errors :(:crying:
    There is a very simple fix for that, and you're crying already? Why would you want updates that are flawed? Just to say you got the update? 5.02 had issues. So does 5.1. We will probably get 5.1.x when it hits stable. Relax. I've owned all the Nexus devices. If anyone should be pissed, it's us old Galaxy Nexus and Nexus One owners. We got royally shafted. This is a great device, and will be for years to come. It'll get Android 6, and probably 7. I bet it'll still be running like a top too.
    Hm i thought lte version isn't officially supported yet. I guess you need to ask zawata to get a lte build.

Im building the lte version for a few people
    I forgot too do it today guess ill have to do it tomorrow
    Is there any way to include volantis as an acceptable device type? I had to unzip, remove the assert from updater script, then rezip. It works, but isn't ideal. But THANK YOU so much for getting this out to us. Much appreciated!
    Im assuming you mean in the recovery, in which case update you're recovery to the latest twrp(2.8.4.0) which already has fixed that issue.

You made me **** in my pants!!! :D
    Can you tell us a small range? (in a week/month/quarter?) Or is it a secret? :D

I'm so excited.... :D XD

dont get too excited, i should be getting in contact with the CM devs tonight(more like emailing them) but the process of getting official builds could take a while(upwards of a month)
    hopefully since its a nexus device(and it isnt very hard to build) the process will be sped up a little

It may be a situation where all you need to do is flash, and then enter APN info manually. Make a backup of you APNs, do a clean install, and then restore your APNs. Report back if it works. I am sure that is something that @zawata would like to include in his OP ;) ("LTE Supported: APNs need to be entered manually")

As i dont typically work on devices with service so i will look into getting those APN's included by default but if i cant I'll include detailed directions on how to do that...provided thats actually the problem. Has anyone confirmed it runs on the LTE version? it would be nice info

EDIT: Found where the APN's are stored and how to include them, not difficult but i need to find an efficient/correct way to do it or else our wifi tablets will crash because their GSM/CDMA connectivity is broken haha
    also theyre not inlcuded by default so that is very likely a problem

EDIT2: they might be included by default but a different version so ve got no idea because i havent studied into it too much...waaay too much homework. Ill see if i can look at it tomorrow while im at work...juuust for you guys

had similar issue.
    try flashing a bootloader that doesnt force encrypt... mine the roms boot and when you reboot it never comes back.
    check into it in the right thread and that may help you in the right direction.

the kernel force encrypts not the boot loader
    and be careful because i nearly bricked my devive doing that