[ROM][Officiall][pdx203][12.1] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

clfbbn

Mar 29, 2014
Hello, I'm very much appreciate your work. You are the only one keeping this device alive. My questions is:
1. How is the progress of Jp variant. I really want to try the rom.
2. How can i freely messing with the phone without the fear of re-run companion and got relock bootloader. Everytime something went wrong i have to recover with it. Is there any way to backup all partition of the phone?, cause i want to keep it unlocked forever.
Please be aware that NFC will not work on japanese variant
And you can use newflasher to flash sony firmware

Reactions: itsttime206
is it possible to use h.s control or have GE installed and working?. and is the camera performance worse than locked sony rom?. i have ubl yes dual sim variant, and really want root but sony just being sony and ubl mean goodbye all good stuff. i think better to have custom rom and root at same time, but i scare to lost more feature since last devices i use(xperia xzs) suddenly the phone have worse camera performance and bravia engine no longer work im worried that if i unlock this one my camera noise will worse and creator mode and other enchanment broken. and no H.S control. other than that im fine even if lost drm forever

clfbbn

Mar 29, 2014
is it possible to use h.s control or have GE installed and working?. and is the camera performance worse than locked sony rom?. i have ubl yes dual sim variant, and really want root but sony just being sony and ubl mean goodbye all good stuff. i think better to have custom rom and root at same time, but i scare to lost more feature since last devices i use(xperia xzs) suddenly the phone have worse camera performance and bravia engine no longer work im worried that if i unlock this one my camera noise will worse and creator mode and other enchanment broken. and no H.S control. other than that im fine even if lost drm forever
creator mode is included in lineage-19.1. And we are working on charging control.

Reactions: itsttime206

itsttime206

Dev: thanks a TON for your work! The patched camera app works flawlessly and it's exactly what I've been dreaming of. I have two xperia 1 ii devices (one for my brother and one for me). At51 variants. We are using the latest lineage with no gapps in the USA with Visible wireless. The only "complaints" I have is no WiFi calling (option on but IMS shows voWIFI unavailable) and significant echo with calls (done over voLTE). Voice calls with Skype are flawless. Any insights on:
1: WiFi calling
2: microphone oversensitivity during calls

Thank you for all your work, we are very grateful! Hailing you from Fargo, North Dakota!

Reactions: RealNoobKanger

clfbbn

Mar 29, 2014
Dev: thanks a TON for your work! The patched camera app works flawlessly and it's exactly what I've been dreaming of. I have two xperia 1 ii devices (one for my brother and one for me). At51 variants. We are using the latest lineage with no gapps in the USA with Visible wireless. The only "complaints" I have is no WiFi calling (option on but IMS shows voWIFI unavailable) and significant echo with calls (done over voLTE). Voice calls with Skype are flawless. Any insights on:
1: WiFi calling
2: microphone oversensitivity during calls

Thank you for all your work, we are very grateful! Hailing you from Fargo, North Dakota!
I don't have any ideas about WiFi calling. And microphone problem, do you have logcats?

Laclevuinhon

Oct 12, 2017
So i tested the rom and installed the signed Cinema Pro, Photo pro apks. However, when i tried to install a newer version of the app over the installed one (asked to update) it says that it can't update as it cannot write over the old application.

Going about and installing specific Sony apps (Gameenhancer, MultiView app, Sidesense and such), it appears that it is not allowed as it detects an incompatible device, or installs but does not run or force closes.

I understand that LineageOS came up during a time when carriers, OEMs sold phones that are extremely bloated, or to increase performance on devices that are 2-4GB Ram, with little hardware enhancements (120 Hz screen, Dual Sim, ESims, non-HDMi output, DACs, etc).

However, Sony Roms are very little bloaty, but also retain apps which identity the phone to deliver these features. So running a LineageOS on a 8-12GB device that does not install the proprietary apps to function as the media device it is known for feels off, or a chore to maintain.

Best of luck all.
I found a pretty cool magisk file but haven't tried it yet

xueyaotianxia

Aug 9, 2016
- 2022-08-08
- Added High Brightness Mode (HBM) in livedisplay
- Added High Touch Reporting Rate (120Hz) switch

Wow official Linage OS! Thank you very much for your work!
Does this phone support 120Hz? I think it is only 60Hz? Will the photo pro app work on this ROM?

clfbbn

Mar 29, 2014
- 2022-08-08

Wow official Linage OS! Thank you very much for your work!
Does this phone support 120Hz? I think it is only 60Hz? Will the photo pro app work on this ROM?
it is touch reporting rate, not refresh rate.
You need modified version of photo pro app, see my replies above.

Reactions: xueyaotianxia

cob92

Apr 11, 2012
Nexus 7 (2013)
Sony Xperia 1 II
Thank you for this rom and also for the patched camera apks, they were the final reason I could do the switch to Lineage. I didn't want to loose them since they're a great feature of this phone. But not getting any safety updates in the future with the original Rom wasn't an option either.
Is there an update for charging control? It was a cool feature from Sony. For now I've installed ACC which works finde, but having it in the Rom would be nice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1608644684231.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

Downloads:

Known Issues:

You tell me :)

Device Trees:

Device Tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_sony_pdx203
    Common Tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_sony_sm8250-common
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_sony_sm8250

Credits:

Huge thanks to:
    Luk1337 and Sjllls for their help on debugging and fixing issues and device trees as references​
    Changelog:

Code:
    - 2022-10-13
      - So many things, see commits for details :)

- 2022-08-08

- 2022-08-02
      - Fixed color settings in the Settings application (Thanks to cramfs28)
        - Note that toggling "Creator Mode" in extra settings application will change the color setting
      -  Fixed an issue related to call microphone on T-Mobile sim cards
      - Fixed echo cancellation in loudspeaker mode when in call

- 2022-07-27
      - EXPERIMENTAL BUILD: May contain some extra functionalities that does not appear in final build
      - Added extra setting application
        - Added H.S. mode from Sony stock
        - Added creator display mode
      - Change default network type to 5G

- 2022-07-21
      - **IMPORTANT:** You will need to flash the recovery.img BEFORE you flash the ROM
        - Some ROM props changed, need to update the recovery
      - Added double tap to wake
      - Enabled picture enhancement feature in livedisplay
      - Fixed dual-SIM detection
      - Enabled touchscreen in recovery
      - Check other updates in commit logs

- 2022-07-18
      - Kernel
        - Imported kernel source code from sony 58.2.A.7.55
        - Merge CAF Tag LA.UM.9.12.r1-14300-SMxx50.0
        - Enabled wireguard driver (Need testing)
        - Initial merging of linux-stable (to 4.19.158)
      - Update files for 58.2.A.8.92
      - Check other updates in commit logs

- 2022-06-29
      -  Fixed microphone too low problem in some applications
      -  Fixed an issue causing the usb selection menu to grey out
    i really like the rom but i don't want the unlocked screen to appear when i restart the device :(( :(
    There is no way you can disable that :)
    Thank you again my bro, so dual sim will be fixed in next build ? You are the real hero for Xperia 1 II my bro.
    Yes, new builds have been uploaded
    I used 20220922 rom,but I can't use usb for transfer,only can charge。。。。
    This is a known issue. Will be fixed along with the microphone problem.

You can try adb push as a workaround for now