[ROM OFFLINE] [BUILD 8773] [UPDATE] xda-devs Omnia7 Tango V2.5

Search This thread

DJSave

Oct 27, 2011
Tbilisi
No, Tango build does not display Georgian letters. I've checked your link on purpose right now due to request of Cees. Only pseudo-graphics looks Georgian. Sorry for you, генацвале :)

So it shows just squares or some wrong symbols?
anyway thanks big time! спасобо друг ис Минска! :)

machbe1984

Jan 16, 2012
Hà Nội
it isn't a rom problem , I even have that on stock roms , go real close to your router and try to connect ( or first power off the phone and on again)

actually if you ask me the samsung is a real bad phone , my bluetooth has never worked NEVER its a real shame :(

the only good part of my samsung is the camara

Thanks, i don't know, but i re-installed mi7 Rom and wifi worked great :) I'll try to install the second ROM of you. Thanks again.

Omnia7xdax

Jul 29, 2011
Orsfeld
Question,is the rom now containing the new update which enables the matketplace? And also one question,i need a good method to save all my xap´s (including the from marketplace) and restore the on the new build,the best would be if there would be saved all my xbl games and also all of this in one programm thx:)

mirolg

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2009
Question,is the rom now containing the new update which enables the matketplace? And also one question,i need a good method to save all my xap´s (including the from marketplace) and restore the on the new build,the best would be if there would be saved all my xbl games and also all of this in one programm thx:)

:) ask or wait on microsoft development. for now NO exist a backup tool for personal settings/apps with ability to restore it on each ROM ....

geddeeee

Feb 4, 2010
thank you, cees :)

......hmmmmmm, ok- you think i can use this "usb-jig" to reactivate my bootloader? exist a gude for this procedure?

The 'jig' method is a brute force way to do it. The easiest way is to just flash the 'bootloader' part of the ROM. This is the "Phone Boot" and "Phone" parts of the normal flashing software.

No need to go to all that hassle with jigs etc.....

contable

Oct 25, 2009
The 'jig' method is a brute force way to do it. The easiest way is to just flash the 'bootloader' part of the ROM. This is the "Phone Boot" and "Phone" parts of the normal flashing software.

No need to go to all that hassle with jigs etc.....

That´s not true...

If you have flashed the bad bootloader you can´t enter the download modus anyway, so how can you flash another bootloader ?

There are only two ways to solve it:

1. use the jig to enter the download modus
2. update via zune til mango build

Just for the records...

nocturne

Dec 18, 2006
Samsung Galaxy A40
works great - thanks a lot!
but the skin is really disgusting - totally against clean Metro design. Does anybody found any working way to remove it and revert design back to default? Or do we need to wait for another rom?

BTW: Exchange icon on youtlook account is a little bit outated, taken from Exchange 2007 - but this in only cosmetic detail and this rom cooker probably has nothing to do with this...

Last edited:

contable

Oct 25, 2009
works great - thanks a lot!
but the skin is really disgusting - totally against clean Metro design. Does anybody found any working way to remove it and revert design back to default? Or do we need to wait for another rom?

BTW: Exchange icon on youtlook account is a little bit outated, taken from Exchange 2007 - but this in only cosmetic detail and this rom cooker probably has nothing to do with this...

You can dump the rom with OSBuilder and remove the package...

Edit:

OSBuilder you can find here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1330850

Last edited:

contable

Oct 25, 2009
ouu, I am too long out of cooking business :) nevermind, however - thanks for this really fast rom, WP7 is starting to be usable

I´m not a rom cooker (and I don´t want to be one) either, but re-building a rom can be done with only a few steps...

I have removed the DEV_SKIN from xboxmod, but in great respect of Ceesheim´s work here I will not post it without permission.

Last edited:
Reactions: ceesheim

nocturne

Dec 18, 2006
Samsung Galaxy A40
Sure, I understand. I'm fighting with OS Builder now, hope I'll be able to strip this to to fit my habits (eq. make it as clean as possible)

EDIT: after a short battle and bit of refreshing my previous epxerience with rom building, omnia lives again with this great ROM cleaned as much as possible :)

EDIT2: hm, I must give it a little more time to find why I have no wifi & language settings after rebuilding with OSBuilder :-(

Last edited:
Reactions: ceesheim

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xda-devs europe tech team presents:

xda-devs Omnia7 Tango V2.5

First of all we want to thank
    Cotulla:
    mwang:
    DFT:
    For making the tools to get custom roms on omnia7.

Barin:
    ultrashot:
    For making the tools to cook wp7 roms and hacks to make our roms better and better.

football:
    For all the nice roms we get from him.

Hd2owner:
    xboxmod:
    For helping me to actually cook this rom.

Heathcliff74:
    Support on making CSC files.

Andrew:
    the best WP7 Supporter there is :D

Finix:
    Ondraster:
    cmonex:
    General Support.

this rom is based on firmware .....
    OS build: 8773 Tango

[UPDATE UPLOADING NEW ROM WITH WORKING MARKETPLACE ]

the base rom [1] ( see download link ) is as clean as possilbe.

View notes:

now hup working.
    sms bug on all langs exept 0809
    diag in rom
    network app working again ( I made a mistake on other rom)
    advanced config working with out error

[1] Base rom contains other then stock:

1) Full unlock by ultrashot
    2) IE .xap install by ultrshot
    3) QuickLink by ultrashot
    4) WMDC Launcher
    5)
    6) Nokia Ringtones
    7) ...........
    8) ...........
    9) Custom Wallpapers

Languages:

4 languages are in build V2.5

But only use 0809 for now ( all others can have bugs.)

Custom Imageupdates can be used if they are signed by xboxmod or ceesheim.

CSC Files:

No CSC file on 8773 needed ( there is a CSC file in package so you can see what is installed on boot , but not needed for flashing)

If you want to use parts of this rom than first ask the Developer who made the Hacks/mods before use
    and wait 2 days after release

in rom:
    new version from SMS backup (v 0.7)
    Advanced text messages (from XXKK4)
    Extra settings (from XXKK4)
    High fidelity position (from XXKK4)
    Search key (from ultrashot)
    Quick launch (from ultrashot)
    WM Device Center (from ultrashot)
    WP7 Root Tools (from cliff)
    Allshare
    Connected Media
    MPAtool
    wAppStore (by W.I.N.C.O.)
    Restart Phone App
    Orientation Lock
    Battery Status

stock theme = FaceBook
    removed xboxmod theme (but you can image update it)

CSC File is already in rom Folder

[1] OFFLINE
    uploading new rom with working marketplace and tango build

working now hup
    working advanced config

actually all is working now :D
    in the next days there will be an update to build 8775 :D

and then without dev_skin ( the problem with dev_skin is that I love it and I always forget to remove it on release build :( )
    Tango updated :)

first post updated with new tango rom.

but for the members who know the first post , here is a download link to :)

https://hotfile.com/dl/149725194/9129f2a/Tango_working_market.rar.html
    Will build 8775 be the final Tango version?

yes :) latest final ...