[ROM OFFLINE] [BUILD 8773] [UPDATE] xda-devs Omnia7 Tango V2.5

Search This thread

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
can we expect a samsung focus equivalent of this rom ?

I will have to ask the devs about using there tweaks but if I get the all clear and a couple ?'s (see below) answered I plan on updating my DFT based ROM to Tango soon, although mine will be a little more vanilla.

1.) Could you please explain what needs to be done to get CSC's working on DFT based ROM's or is it not possible? I've just bypassed the whole first boot thing in my DFT variant by cooking the info into the ROM.
2.) How is ultrashot's full unlock different from DFT's? Same with XBLA unlock and XAP install?
3.) Does your ROM allow for diagnosis to be installed via ##634# or is it broken like in DFT ROM's? If it's not broken how did you fix it?

EDIT: I was digging through your ROM (hope you don't mind) and I noticed some small errors. In IMGFS\OEM\SEC_MANGO_OS_APPS\mpap_SEC_MANGO_OS_APPS_01.provxml you are installing CBSetting twice. Then in IMGFS\OEM\CSCPackage\mpap_SecCetusOs_CSC_DTM.provxml you install Extra Settings, High Fidelity Position, CBSetting, and AllShare again also. Just extra stuff going on at first boot/hard reset that doesn't need to. Then the last thing I noticed was in IMGFS\OEM\PkgOem_ActiveSyncName\3358126a-019c-4de3-8875-0441f71d7a7d.rgu it has "DeviceManufacturer"="HTC" and "DeviceModel"="7 Mozart" probably never got changed when pulled from ultrashot's ROM should be "SAMSUNG" and "OMNIA 7" respectively.

Last edited:
Reactions: ceesheim and vt2912

vt2912

Feb 16, 2012
I will have to ask the devs about using there tweaks but if I get the all clear and a couple ?'s (see below) answered I plan on updating my DFT based ROM to Tango soon, although mine will be a little more vanilla.

ultrashot's fully unlocked method -> can use search key setting in ROM :D

Reactions: mirolg

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!

EDIT: I was digging through your ROM (hope you don't mind) and I noticed some small errors. In IMGFS\OEM\SEC_MANGO_OS_APPS\mpap_SEC_MANGO_OS_APPS_01.provxml you are installing CBSetting twice. Then in IMGFS\OEM\CSCPackage\mpap_SecCetusOs_CSC_DTM.provxml you install Extra Settings, High Fidelity Position, CBSetting, and AllShare again also. Just extra stuff going on at first boot/hard reset that doesn't need to. Then the last thing I noticed was in IMGFS\OEM\PkgOem_ActiveSyncName\3358126a-019c-4de3-8875-0441f71d7a7d.rgu it has "DeviceManufacturer"="HTC" and "DeviceModel"="7 Mozart" probably never got changed when pulled from ultrashot's ROM should be "SAMSUNG" and "OMNIA 7" respectively.

LOL nice find dude , oh the packages arn't pulled from phone but from ultrashot him self , thats way I didn't look ad it :)
but I will change it ofcource
and I also am cleaning the whole kitchen ( actually new and with build 8775)

I

irlju

A few questions:

- Is this ROM customized to show eight apps in the task switcher?
- I see that language must be UK English, but can I change the region format, system locale and browser & search language?
- Would someone be so kind as to screenshot how this default "Facebook theme" looks like?

Last edited:

Oellie

Sep 6, 2008
Bergisch Gladbach
actually if you ask me the samsung is a real bad phone , my bluetooth has never worked NEVER its a real shame :(

the only good part of my samsung is the camara

My Samsung Omnia 7 works fine. I never have problems with bluetooth or wifi connections. I am using bluetooth in different cars and wifi with different routers and hot spots. It connects great. Maybe you got an "monday" device. In some rare moments my Navigon App stucks. But that is a problem with Navigon. Navigon sucks sometimes... on different devices... sucks...

but Omnia 7 works great for me :).

Greetz,
Maik

UbiMaiden

Dec 23, 2008
I like the ROM! The only think thad bothers me is battery life is lower then on stock 8107, and thad with more background programs running.

Will try new 8775 when it comes out.

stevenmu

Nov 21, 2003
my bluetooth has never worked NEVER its a real shame :(
I've had tons of bluetooth issues as well. From doing a little research the bluetooth problems seem to be mostly to do with some registry entries. Faria's ROM (which is based on yours) specifically mentions bluetooth profiles, so I'm guessing that he/she has put a specific fix in. I'm going to try and flash it over the next day or two to see if it fixes my issues and I'll report back here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xda-devs europe tech team presents:

xda-devs Omnia7 Tango V2.5

First of all we want to thank
    Cotulla:
    mwang:
    DFT:
    For making the tools to get custom roms on omnia7.

Barin:
    ultrashot:
    For making the tools to cook wp7 roms and hacks to make our roms better and better.

football:
    For all the nice roms we get from him.

Hd2owner:
    xboxmod:
    For helping me to actually cook this rom.

Heathcliff74:
    Support on making CSC files.

Andrew:
    the best WP7 Supporter there is :D

Finix:
    Ondraster:
    cmonex:
    General Support.

this rom is based on firmware .....
    OS build: 8773 Tango

[UPDATE UPLOADING NEW ROM WITH WORKING MARKETPLACE ]

the base rom [1] ( see download link ) is as clean as possilbe.

View notes:

now hup working.
    sms bug on all langs exept 0809
    diag in rom
    network app working again ( I made a mistake on other rom)
    advanced config working with out error

[1] Base rom contains other then stock:

1) Full unlock by ultrashot
    2) IE .xap install by ultrshot
    3) QuickLink by ultrashot
    4) WMDC Launcher
    5)
    6) Nokia Ringtones
    7) ...........
    8) ...........
    9) Custom Wallpapers

Languages:

4 languages are in build V2.5

But only use 0809 for now ( all others can have bugs.)

Custom Imageupdates can be used if they are signed by xboxmod or ceesheim.

CSC Files:

No CSC file on 8773 needed ( there is a CSC file in package so you can see what is installed on boot , but not needed for flashing)

If you want to use parts of this rom than first ask the Developer who made the Hacks/mods before use
    and wait 2 days after release

in rom:
    new version from SMS backup (v 0.7)
    Advanced text messages (from XXKK4)
    Extra settings (from XXKK4)
    High fidelity position (from XXKK4)
    Search key (from ultrashot)
    Quick launch (from ultrashot)
    WM Device Center (from ultrashot)
    WP7 Root Tools (from cliff)
    Allshare
    Connected Media
    MPAtool
    wAppStore (by W.I.N.C.O.)
    Restart Phone App
    Orientation Lock
    Battery Status

stock theme = FaceBook
    removed xboxmod theme (but you can image update it)

CSC File is already in rom Folder

[1] OFFLINE
    uploading new rom with working marketplace and tango build

working now hup
    working advanced config

actually all is working now :D
    in the next days there will be an update to build 8775 :D

and then without dev_skin ( the problem with dev_skin is that I love it and I always forget to remove it on release build :( )
    Tango updated :)

first post updated with new tango rom.

but for the members who know the first post , here is a download link to :)

https://hotfile.com/dl/149725194/9129f2a/Tango_working_market.rar.html
    Will build 8775 be the final Tango version?

yes :) latest final ...