[ROM] OMEGA V19 [SS][4.3TW][FAST-STABLE][MULTIC][MK2/MJ7/MKF][gogoliePORT][STOCK]

Search This thread

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
OMEGA v19

FIGURED WITH INDIE RELEASING HIS 4.4 LEAKED ROM I had better let you guys enjoy it a bit before the v20 4.4 and an unloked bootloader port heh, joking probably wont see her for a bit boys and girls so enjoy what you can while you have it. btw thats 4.4 that triggers knox but ima try it later since I've triggered it messing with SS trying to get zips working for people over last cpl weeks... im sure well see 4.4 tw soon enough til then enjoy.

This is a follow up to my v18 ROM any problems or issues try first searching that thread for info then post issue or problem herein v19's thread please.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2591648

thanks testers of my original port v18. of course ...indie... genius and the rest of the omega crew. thx ppls

like all my new roms this is multicarrier friendly meaning you might have to flash your modules and possibly modem and apns to get full service but its very easy to do and nearly all files possibly needed for this conversion are available at http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=devices&uid=23269279319201630 along with various other mods and rom ports.

Installing is straight forward: zip is for slots 1-420 and the restorable install is for any slot including STOCK!!!
And this wont hurt your phone or leave incompatability issues like other SS roms may have done. Plz post problems issues here not on indies or any other omega forum. Thanks must be given to indie and anyone he says I just ported this one was the easiest one I've done and has been 100% successful for everyone I personally installed for. Be sure to +thank me or indie or Download another rom.

Install by running zip from Safestrap or TWRP. Untested on CWM. After installing if not a MK2 VZW user you will have to flash your Safestrap modules and modem and apn if all else fails. This installs the best on a fresh rom slot ie newly created / blank.

Zip DL:
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23311191640114279

SS RESTORE DL:
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319202601

Install: unzip the backup files in the zip to a folder like /TWRP/backupsi/141fa3db/ndie-Omega19bygogolie no matter where the files need to be one level in a directory named something and your TWRP/SS backup directory needs to read from that location if you cant figure this out you probably should not be installing a custom anything. Once files are where you want them pop into SS/TWRP and restore these to any slots butt even STOCK. yay ok bed time ill update and make pretty maybe later.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND USING THE RESTORE VERSION OVER THE ZIP. PERSONALLY I THINK ITS SAFER MORE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL PHONES WITH 3.7+

hi haters.
thx wip testers and omega crew clans. thx again hashc0de and surge ur my heroes your works been a godsend

Omega v19 Opening Post
Changelog:
Based on firmware XXUEML6 Android 4.3 (Date: 19/12/2013)
Kernel talexop v1.3
New:
Notification Manager by RYO Software - Omega Rom users can monitor 3 apps instead of 1, thanks and credits to bartito for this gift to us
Added:
Google Drive
18 new csc to Omegas Multi csc
Updated:
Kernel talexop v1.3 with MKF ramdisk
Accounts Sync Profiler
ChatON
Dolphin Browser
Flipboard
Tripadvisor
Rom is Deodexed + Rooted + Zipaligned
Rom is No Full Wipe

Last edited:

Gator Brah

Sep 24, 2013
Awesome work! already running the SS restore version and its excellent! I'll give the zip install version a whirl and see how she looks.

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
new vers

Gator Brah this is the V19 are u the 1 download i saw that SS restore was sitting idle on ah for a cpl weeks. if the zip doesnt work or give you a nice looking version try the new SS restore v19 just posted link here for it. thanks guys!

Reactions: Gator Brah

Gator Brah

Sep 24, 2013
Gator Brah this is the V19 are u the 1 download i saw that SS restore was sitting idle on ah for a cpl weeks. if the zip doesnt work or give you a nice looking version try the new SS restore v19 just posted link here for it. thanks guys!

Hey man one thing i've noticed with this rom (both SS and zip options) as well as your other rom M1A3, Wifi seems to have trouble maintaining a stable connection. It tends to drop off and i find myself having to toggle it every so often.
The other issue is also with wifi, when i try to connect to an access point using 2 phase authentication (WAP + PEAP) it will accept the credentials, pass verification but never receive the IP address. It then just bounces back and forth between scanning for wifi networks and trying to obtain an IP address from the access point....which kills the battery.

I can connect to the very same access point from the stock rom.
I've tried flashing the modules, replacing the modules with the ones from the stock rom, as well as replacing the wap_config.conf file from the working rom slot. no go
Hopefully you can clue me into a fix. Im on MJ7, I have seen this problem come back after i re-flashed my image with Odin. its definitely related to these roms in particular

Other than that i really like both of these roms. the gold theme on M1A3 is pretty cool too

Poofster

Aug 22, 2013
+1 using foxhound. I love that ROM but am having the same problems as above. Won't connect to work network and keeps searching and obtaining IP address but never connects and kills battery. Used data on way home for maps and signal said 4g but Google said not connected had to switch back to stock and all was fine...shame cause I love foxhound.... Using ss 3.71 on MK2

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Hey man one thing i've noticed with this rom (both SS and zip options) as well as your other rom M1A3, Wifi seems to have trouble maintaining a stable connection. It tends to drop off and i find myself having to toggle it every so often.
The other issue is also with wifi, when i try to connect to an access point using 2 phase authentication (WAP + PEAP) it will accept the credentials, pass verification but never receive the IP address. It then just bounces back and forth between scanning for wifi networks and trying to obtain an IP address from the access point....which kills the battery.

I can connect to the very same access point from the stock rom.
I've tried flashing the modules, replacing the modules with the ones from the stock rom, as well as replacing the wap_config.conf file from the working rom slot. no goHopefully you can clue me into a fix. Im on MJ7, I have seen this problem come back after i re-flashed my image with Odin. its definitely related to these roms in particular

Other than that i really like both of these roms. the gold theme on M1A3 is pretty cool too

hey thanks for update. im wondering if youd try a couple options for me flash them see if they do anything to improve this? i havent had this problem but I tether mostly going to try and figure it out try this first and use in combo with this if it doesnt work at all then remove with this

Gator Brah

Sep 24, 2013
hey thanks for update. im wondering if youd try a couple options for me flash them see if they do anything to improve this? i havent had this problem but I tether mostly going to try and figure it out try this first and use in combo with this if it doesnt work at all then remove with this

sure i'll do testing on that. I wont be back at work until monday to test out the wifi though.

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
No issues with wifi...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app, but battery life is horrible. Sitting overnight went from 70% to 12% this morning.

Last edited:

Gator Brah

Sep 24, 2013

So the first fix didnt change anything unfortunately. Flashed the second zip and on reboot had a ton of FC errors and couldn't even unlock the screen. Restarted again and it was pretty much soft bricked...had to restore from backup.

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
Flashed zip in twrp, loaded great no serious problems. Only issue is that it keeps trying to encrypt my SD card. I am concerned about losing data. Please advise how to stop encr. I have been rebooting and took out card. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
Flashed zip in twrp, loaded great no serious problems. Only issue is that it keeps trying to encrypt my SD card. I am concerned about losing data. Please advise how to stop encr. I have been rebooting and took out card. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edit: reflashed. Note wifi does not work, reflashed latest 1/17 Ktoonsz kernel, wifi works but now starts trying to encrypt SD card again...?

Sent from my Xoom Wifi using Tapatalk

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
I thought it would be helpful to share my post from the Foxhound thread on installation of Omega on MDK http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=49744674

[ROM]Foxhound Diamond Dogs 3.6 TW-4.3-MK2/AnyCarrier-SS-KNOXfree-CLEAN-FAST-THEMED

Gigilie, I would be happy to walk through Omega instillation on MDK. It's very easy.
Before you start make sure you downloaded Omega. v. 19. I used the .zip version and reccomend flashing .zip for all MDK recovery based installs. Also dl the most current ktoonsz 4.3 tw kernel. The version in Omega did not work well and a fresh install is best. Also dl any mods you like, such as those you might use with HD or other 4.3 TW roms.

1. Using recovery, I use TWRP 2.6.3, be sure to make a back up nandroid of your current rom.

2. Wipe. A full factory wipe is best.

3. Flash Omega v. 19 and the new ktz kernel and wipe cache and Calvin for good measure (not absolutely necessary).

4. Reboot, set up and give the rom some time to set up and load your backuped apps from the playstore.

5. Go back to recovery and flash your mods.
If you are brave or foolish, restore only the data from your 4.3 or 4.2 TW Nandroid.
If you start getting fc's then wipe data, and reload your data and apps manually from the playstore and or from Ti backup. I found that data from my HD 12 Nandroid was compatible with Omega. I was using the S4 UI in HD v. 12, not the Note 3 UI; and data from other setups may not play well with Omega v.19.

That's it. Easy peasy. Have fun!

Last edited:

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Happy to see another rom working with MJ7 ^^. But I do not see the Omega settings

they should be there... if not grab the apk from the play store

i chek in on this bad boy everyday or every few at least and with over 550 downloads (thousand views) and only 2 pages for a thread this rom must be pretty damn stable otherwise thered be floods of ppl i think? anyway thanks for trying it guys please post some ant benchmarks with pics in here or any of my roms i'd appreciate it the whole Unmatched quote in HD bugs me as all my roms score higher and are faster and work just as well on battery so i dont know what their talking about just want confirmation of this plz guys

numbR7

Dec 1, 2011
via lactea
OMEGA v19

FIGURED WITH INDIE RELEASING HIS 4.4 LEAKED ROM I had better let you guys enjoy it a bit before the v20 4.4 and an unloked bootloader port heh, joking probably wont see her for a bit boys and girls so enjoy what you can while you have it. btw thats 4.4 that triggers knox but ima try it later since I've triggered it messing with SS trying to get zips working for people over last cpl weeks... im sure well see 4.4 tw soon enough til then enjoy.

This is a follow up to my v18 ROM any problems or issues try first searching that thread for info then post issue or problem herein v19's thread please.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2591648

thanks testers of my original port v18. of course ...indie... genius and the rest of the omega crew. thx ppls

like all my new roms this is multicarrier friendly meaning you might have to flash your modules and possibly modem and apns to get full service but its very easy to do and nearly all files possibly needed for this conversion are available at http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=devices&uid=23269279319201630 along with various other mods and rom ports.

Installing is straight forward: zip is for slots 1-420 and the restorable install is for any slot including STOCK!!!
And this wont hurt your phone or leave incompatability issues like other SS roms may have done. Plz post problems issues here not on indies or any other omega forum. Thanks must be given to indie and anyone he says I just ported this one was the easiest one I've done and has been 100% successful for everyone I personally installed for. Be sure to +thank me or indie or Download another rom.

Install by running zip from Safestrap or TWRP. Untested on CWM. After installing if not a MK2 VZW user you will have to flash your Safestrap modules and modem and apn if all else fails. This installs the best on a fresh rom slot ie newly created / blank.

Zip DL:

SS RESTORE DL:

Install: unzip the backup files in the zip to a folder like /TWRP/backupsi/141fa3db/ndie-Omega19bygogolie no matter where the files need to be one level in a directory named something and your TWRP/SS backup directory needs to read from that location if you cant figure this out you probably should not be installing a custom anything. Once files are where you want them pop into SS/TWRP and restore these to any slots butt even STOCK. yay ok bed time ill update and make pretty maybe later.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND USING THE RESTORE VERSION OVER THE ZIP. PERSONALLY I THINK ITS SAFER MORE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL PHONES WITH 3.7+

hi haters.
thx wip testers and omega crew clans. thx again hashc0de and surge ur my heroes your works been a godsend

Omega v19 Opening Post
Changelog:
Kernel talexop v1.3
New:
Notification Manager by RYO Software - Omega Rom users can monitor 3 apps instead of 1, thanks and credits to bartito for this gift to us
Added:
Google Drive
Updated:
Accounts Sync Profiler
ChatON
Dolphin Browser
Flipboard
Tripadvisor
Rom is No Full Wipe

Failed due to "no partition selected." I noticed on second try that the usual check box partition options was blank. I tried mounting all the partitions to no avail. Please help--thanks

Edit: I forgot to mention it is the Restore version.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OMEGA v19

Zip DL:

SS RESTORE DL:

hi haters.

Omega v19 Opening Post
    Changelog:
    Kernel talexop v1.3
    New:
    Added:
    Google Drive
    Updated:
    Accounts Sync Profiler
    ChatON
    Dolphin Browser
    Flipboard
    Tripadvisor
    Rom is No Full Wipe
    new vers

Edit: reflashed. Note wifi does not work, reflashed latest 1/17 Ktoonsz kernel, wifi works but now starts trying to encrypt SD card again...?

it shouldnt do anything to an SD card
    they should be there... if not grab the apk from the play store

i chek in on this bad boy everyday or every few at least and with over 550 downloads (thousand views) and only 2 pages for a thread this rom must be pretty damn stable otherwise thered be floods of ppl i think? anyway thanks for trying it guys please post some ant benchmarks with pics in here or any of my roms i'd appreciate it the whole Unmatched quote in HD bugs me as all my roms score higher and are faster and work just as well on battery so i dont know what their talking about just want confirmation of this plz guys

so i was able to restore the rom to rom slot one with no problems. however since this is a port, the settings app from the play store does not support the gs4 mk2. any advice.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone