[ROM][OMS][7.1.1_r33] Candy7 Final v6.0

Search This thread

dic1911

Feb 22, 2014
dic1911.github.io
Google Pixel 4a 5G
pnVJDW5.png

This is Candy7. Built straight from source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM. We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

2e8esupa.jpg

@gimmeitorilltell @NoSpamDan @kdp162 @CertifiedBlyndGuy @axxx007xxxz @Flashalot @Venomtester @Darknites @javelinanddart @calebcabob

qy9e6u4u.jpg

ROM
DEVICES/KERNELS

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

FEATURES <Coming Soon>
Battery bar
Multi-window
Status bar customization
Advanced power menu
Buttons settings:
-Long-press/double-tap actions
-Volume rocker
More to come, we are never done...

Flashing Steps:

Coming from another rom
1) Download Candy7.zip (See Post #2)
2) Download 7.1.1 Gapps (optional - See Post #2))
3) Boot into recovery (TWRP)
4) Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
5) Flash Candy7.zip
6) Flash Gapps(optional, flash SuperSU)
7) Reboot

Updating from previous Candy7 release
2) Boot into recovery
3) Flash Candy7.zip
4) Reboot

IMPORTANT - PROBLEMS/ISSUES:
If you have issues, I need the following:

Logs from you (logcat, last_kmsg, dmesg) linked to on pastebin.com or hasteb.in, showing the failure.
A clear description of the steps that I need to take to exactly reproduce the problem.
Please DO NOT complain about problems and offer nothing to help fix it. I reserve the right to ignore you for not following insructions...

NO ETA REQUESTS!

* See Post #2 for Downloads

* See Post #3 for FAQ/Known issues

-Please give first boot a good few minutes.
-Still in Beta stage with new additions and fixes being added constantly...

Special thanks to LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni, TeslaROM, and all the rest who make their source open. We can't do this on our own.

XDA:DevDB Information
CandyRoms, ROM for the Sony Xperia SP

Contributors
dic1911
Source Code: http://github.com/CandyRoms

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP-CAF

Version Information
Current Beta Version: v3.0

Created 2017-03-21
Last Updated 2017-09-02

Beh2ad

Sep 20, 2016
hi there.
i flashed this rom and supersu-v2.52. then reset my phone,after 20 minutes in boot animation nothing happened . why is that?
so i flashed xosp and my phone is working fine.

dic1911

Feb 22, 2014
dic1911.github.io
Google Pixel 4a 5G
hi there.
i flashed this rom and supersu-v2.52. then reset my phone,after 20 minutes in boot animation nothing happened . why is that?
so i flashed xosp and my phone is working fine.

I guess this is your first for manually rooting nougat on your phone, you'll need to flash newer SuperSU(like 2.78) via BootBridge by AdrianDC.
Old SuperSU will give you soft brick on nougat.

Beh2ad

Sep 20, 2016
hi there
after one day using this rom everything is working fine. gps , FMradio , ussd , Camera ,etc.
only on thing that is bugging me is that screen recorder should save videos on movies folder not Pictures folder. :eek:
i attached some screenshot of this rom.
peace out :good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170328-111333.png
    Screenshot_20170328-111333.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 1,193
  • Screenshot_20170328-111355.png
    Screenshot_20170328-111355.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,185
  • Screenshot_20170328-111323.png
    Screenshot_20170328-111323.png
    54 KB · Views: 1,193

noggernogger

Feb 25, 2016
So, after something broke on my phone and Settings > Apps would always crash reading some folder (and Play Store too), I went to redownload Candy5 and found that you made a Candy7 ROM. So I flashed that instead :)

Android 7 feels much more snappy, and the pixel launcher stays in RAM unlike the Google launcher in 5.1. And I got more free storage space, though that will probably go down once I start using all the apps.

Things I did not find yet, maybe they are gone?

• I can't find where I can configure the shutter button. In Candy5, I had it set to open the camera on long-press.
  • I can't find the option to make the grid pattern unlock bigger. It is 3x3 now, I had it set to 5x5 in Candy5 and it would be great if I could use this size again.

Overall, I am very pleased, thanks for creating this ROM :) Now to some real world test in the next days.

dic1911

Feb 22, 2014
dic1911.github.io
Google Pixel 4a 5G
So, after something broke on my phone and Settings > Apps would always crash reading some folder (and Play Store too), I went to redownload Candy5 and found that you made a Candy7 ROM. So I flashed that instead :)

Android 7 feels much more snappy, and the pixel launcher stays in RAM unlike the Google launcher in 5.1. And I got more free storage space, though that will probably go down once I start using all the apps.

• I can't find where I can configure the shutter button. In Candy5, I had it set to open the camera on long-press.
  • I can't find the option to make the grid pattern unlock bigger. It is 3x3 now, I had it set to 5x5 in Candy5 and it would be great if I could use this size again.

Overall, I am very pleased, thanks for creating this ROM :) Now to some real world test in the next days.

Yeah, most fancy things in most ROMs weren't added in Nougat like the lollipop/kitkat days(and for your questions, I would say 'yup, they're gone'), I haven't release any update recently because I'm in the army, and I'll get out on 9/5, will get some time to make another build, til then please be patient :)

noggernogger

Feb 25, 2016
Too bad, I am missing the built-in adblocker already. Good to hear about the upcoming updates, looking forward to it. Stay save!

noggernogger

Feb 25, 2016
Thanks for the update! I flashed the 7.1.2 ROM today, all went well :) Will you update the project if Google releases updates to Android 7? I hope final build does not mean you are done with the project :)

Now I have to test it some more. At first glance, this version seems to perform a little bit worse than the previous 7.1.1 beta. Like a slight stutter here and there. Might be related to the new Lawnchair launcher and the Substratum engine maybe? They add some nice additional features and customization though.

I'd like to verify that hunch. Can I simply uninstall "substratum theme engine rooted/oms-tw-rootless" in the Google play store, or is that not enough / will break stuff? To get the plain Pixel launcher from 7.1.1, do I just install "Google Now Launcher" in the Google play store?

dic1911

Feb 22, 2014
dic1911.github.io
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Thanks for the update! I flashed the 7.1.2 ROM today, all went well :) Will you update the project if Google releases updates to Android 7? I hope final build does not mean you are done with the project :)

Now I have to test it some more. At first glance, this version seems to perform a little bit worse than the previous 7.1.1 beta. Like a slight stutter here and there. Might be related to the new Lawnchair launcher and the Substratum engine maybe? They add some nice additional features and customization though.

I'd like to verify that hunch. Can I simply uninstall "substratum theme engine rooted/oms-tw-rootless" in the Google play store, or is that not enough / will break stuff? To get the plain Pixel launcher from 7.1.1, do I just install "Google Now Launcher" in the Google play store?

nope, it won't break anything, and actually I don't think substratum app will affect the performance if you just leave it there + don't use apply any theme, for the Pixel flavored launcher, there's already plenty launchers out there, just pick the one you like the most.

oh yeah, I'm not done with building ROMs as long as Adrian teh huashan god still working on the device :p

noggernogger

Feb 25, 2016
I saw there are first beta versions of Android O, looking forward to that :) I just have to say it again, going from Android 5 to Android 7 makes the phone feel much more alive, it is amazing! Uses less space (I was constantly getting out of space messages for the system partition when updating apps in Android 5), better memory usage, faster app installation, much snappier feel, etc. I was seriously thinking about scratching together some money for a new phone because I did not want to endure the problems any more, especially the storage space one. No more :)

I uninstalled substratum and its background service using link2sd and kept lawnchair. Seems to be working en par with the 7.1.1 beta. So maybe substratum still uses resources even when not configured, or maybe it is a placebo effect, or the JIT compiler warmed up, I don't know. Either way, that's what I stick with for the time being.

Thanks again for your work on this ROM!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Final build is up!

The final nougat build of CandyRom is uploaded on my AFH folder!
    This build ships substratum and some feature along with fixes added :good:

Yeah, most fancy things in most ROMs weren't added in Nougat like the lollipop/kitkat days(and for your questions, I would say 'yup, they're gone'), I haven't release any update recently because I'm in the army, and I'll get out on 9/5, will get some time to make another build, til then please be patient :)
    pnVJDW5.png

This is Candy7. Built straight from source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM. We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

2e8esupa.jpg

@gimmeitorilltell @NoSpamDan @kdp162 @CertifiedBlyndGuy @axxx007xxxz @Flashalot @Venomtester @Darknites @javelinanddart @calebcabob

qy9e6u4u.jpg

ROM
    DEVICES/KERNELS

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

FEATURES <Coming Soon>
    Battery bar
    Multi-window
    Status bar customization
    Advanced power menu
    Buttons settings:
    -Long-press/double-tap actions
    -Volume rocker
    More to come, we are never done...

Flashing Steps:

Coming from another rom
    2) Download 7.1.1 Gapps (optional - See Post #2))
    3) Boot into recovery (TWRP)
    4) Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    5) Flash Candy7.zip
    6) Flash Gapps(optional, flash SuperSU)
    7) Reboot

Updating from previous Candy7 release
    2) Boot into recovery
    3) Flash Candy7.zip
    4) Reboot

IMPORTANT - PROBLEMS/ISSUES:
    If you have issues, I need the following:

Logs from you (logcat, last_kmsg, dmesg) linked to on pastebin.com or hasteb.in, showing the failure.
    A clear description of the steps that I need to take to exactly reproduce the problem.
    Please DO NOT complain about problems and offer nothing to help fix it. I reserve the right to ignore you for not following insructions...

NO ETA REQUESTS!

* See Post #2 for Downloads

* See Post #3 for FAQ/Known issues

-Please give first boot a good few minutes.
    -Still in Beta stage with new additions and fixes being added constantly...

Special thanks to LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni, TeslaROM, and all the rest who make their source open. We can't do this on our own.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CandyRoms, ROM for the Sony Xperia SP

Contributors
    dic1911
    Source Code: http://github.com/CandyRoms

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP-CAF

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: v3.0

Created 2017-03-21
    Last Updated 2017-09-02
    Issues/FAQ

FAQ

1. This is a test build, it works fine for me, but not everything is tested, try and report!

Issues

You tell me! ;)
    Downloads

be9apenu.jpg

See Post #3 for a list of what is working or not if you have concerns. Thanks!

ROM:
    As usual, I uploaded it on AFH (https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=164175)
    (Magisk removed cause not supported, causes soft brick)

GAPPS:
    I recommand OpenGapps