• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OMS] AICP - 12.1 - N 7.1.2 i9100 Official Weekly builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Nobby1960

Jun 3, 2016
Freiburg
After 12 hours of use, I can say: the last compilation has a very slow interface even if you change the launcher! It becomes irritating to use.
Which version do you compare, previous from 07/03? Until now, I still notice no significant difference. Launcher change to Trebuchet is fast, switch back to Nova takes always a bit longer ;)

But my phone runs the most time deliberately on 1200 MHz with a tweaked ondemand governor.

Last edited:

linusdan

Mar 18, 2017
Salvador, BA
artededan.com
i9100
Which version do you compare, previous from 07/03? Until now, I still notice no significant difference. Launcher change to Trebuchet is fast, switch back to Nova takes always a bit longer ;)

But my phone runs the most time deliberately on 1200 MHz with a tweaked ondemand governor.

With the build the day 07/10. I thought it was the launcher, I traded for Evie and it's the slowness still persists. I only have the basics installed on the phone (Keep, instagram, Tiesto app).

Last edited:

Nobby1960

Jun 3, 2016
Freiburg
Sending and receiving Bluetooth files it's Working?
Camera and Voice Record?
Works Fine?
Sending/receiving files via Bluetooth only works correct for me with the Root Explorer. With any other file manager I have issues (transfer stops just before the end of the file).

Camera and voice record is okay. But the blue boot logo loads veeeery slow here - I did change it with an other AICP bootanimation, then it works fine.

MbMax

May 26, 2015
Genova
Hi everyone. ;)
The last week I've installed the previous release (aicp_i9100_n-12.1-NIGHTLY-20170918.zip). Before of this, in my Galaxy S2 there was installed a MM 6.0.1 ROM derived by CM13. The passage to AICP went fine. The ROM runs smoothly, and perhaps it's the fastest ROM I've ever installed on my S2. :)
This morning I've received the OTA message for a new release, so I've downloaded it and I've try to flash it. The operation didn't went fine due to the following error E: unable to find the \misc directory.
Due to this error, in recovery mode it was impossible to install any update. Without success I've also try to flash another kernel and another ROM.
So at the end I've restored the SAMSUNG stock with Odin, and I've done all the passage to install AICP in a clean manner. But after flashing it, the error was there again. Now I know that the next time the update to the new AICP release will be impossible again.
Have you any tip to solve this strange problem? I've googled a lot, but without find a real solution.:(

Many thanks in advance for your answers.

Oxydeme

Feb 4, 2013
Hi everyone. ;)
The last week I've installed the previous release (aicp_i9100_n-12.1-NIGHTLY-20170918.zip). Before of this, in my Galaxy S2 there was installed a MM 6.0.1 ROM derived by CM13. The passage to AICP went fine. The ROM runs smoothly, and perhaps it's the fastest ROM I've ever installed on my S2. :)
This morning I've received the OTA message for a new release, so I've downloaded it and I've try to flash it. The operation didn't went fine due to the following error E: unable to find the \misc directory.
Due to this error, in recovery mode it was impossible to install any update. Without success I've also try to flash another kernel and another ROM.
So at the end I've restored the SAMSUNG stock with Odin, and I've done all the passage to install AICP in a clean manner. But after flashing it, the error was there again. Now I know that the next time the update to the new AICP release will be impossible again.
Have you any tip to solve this strange problem? I've googled a lot, but without find a real solution.:(

Many thanks in advance for your answers.

Hi may I ask you which TWRP version you used for flashing?
Have you tried the latest one?
Can be found here, I googled a bit bout it:
https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxys2i9100.html
Or directly here:
https://dl.twrp.me/i9100/#

Just flash the downloaded package and retry after that, it may solve your problem.. I guess.

Cheers,
Oxydeme

Reactions: MbMax

MbMax

May 26, 2015
Genova
Hi may I ask you which TWRP version you used for flashing?
Have you tried the latest one?

I've used the version 2.8.7.0. I've try several times to update it, both via recovery and using HeimdallSuite as described HERE, but, strangely, it doesn't work. Flashing .img file via recovery seems to work, as no error messages appears. But after the reboot the old version is always there. With HS the behaviour is the same. All works fine, but at the end the old release is always there. Obviusly I've followed carefully the instructions step by step. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Nobby1960

Jun 3, 2016
Freiburg
I've used the version 2.8.7.0. I've try several times to update it, both via recovery and using HeimdallSuite as described HERE, but, strangely, it doesn't work. Flashing .img file via recovery seems to work, as no error messages appears. But after the reboot the old version is always there. With HS the behaviour is the same. All works fine, but at the end the old release is always there. Obviusly I've followed carefully the instructions step by step. :rolleyes:
My post comes unfortunately a bit late, sorry. If you have not done it with the recovery, flash my attachment via Odin. It's a special kernel for the S2 with built-in TWRP 2.8.7.0. This allows you a clean flash from this ROM.

First flash the kernel, make a full wipe (cache, dalvik, system, data). After this flash the ROM and the newer TWRP (3.1.0-0) as img. Reboot in recovery, you must see now the new one. Then flash GApps etc.

Attachments

• stock_kernel_twrp_1120-signed-for_Odin.tar
    6.4 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Reactions: blue whale

blue whale

Nov 26, 2010
@mixchan

You further search for a FM radio app? Just enjoy my announcement. Works fine with every Lineage based N ROM.
on a xiaomi redmi running RR nougat, I extracted the FM radio app and tried it on the ROM RRnougat for the s2 but it force closes.
Did you do something special to get a rm radio app working?

I tried your app on this aicp rom and I cannot get it the speaker to output the sound. THe sound is always through the headset.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GhQyhHk.png
    AICP​
    Android Ice Cold Project​

AICP is known by everyone as Android Ice Cold Project that started on HTC Desire HD and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until lollipop, ROM has always been AOKP based. Unfortunately, since AOKP either stopped development or will make a comeback later this year, we changed our base to CyanogenMod when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.

u0fJM9W.png

• Display and animations:
      • System animations
      • Toast icon and animation
      • Power menu animation
      • IME animation
      • LCD densidy changer
      [*]Status bar:
      • Clock style (position, date view, date format, color, font type and size, seconds)
      • Status bar icons control
      • Battery Icon style (percentage, icon type)
      • Brightness control
      • Show notification count
      • Quick pulldown on QS
      • Superuser indicator control
      • Headset icon
      • AICP logo
      • Traffic Indicators
      • Carrier Label
      • Battery bar
      • Statusbar weather temperature
      [*]Notification drawer:
      • Brightness slider
      • Time contextual header
      • Weather info settings
      • CAF Task Manager
      • Force expanded notifications
      • Disable immersive mode messages
      [*]Recents panel:
      • Clear all button settings
      • Show/hide search bar in recent menu
      • Recents in fullscreen
      • Show/hide clock and date in recent menu
      • Memory bar
      [*]Lock screen:
      • Show/hide music visualizer
      • Show/hide media cover art
      • Lock screen shortcuts
      • Mid-Screen shortcuts
      • Lock screen blur
      • DT2S on lockscreen
      • Lock Clock fonts
      • Lockscreen weather options
      [*]Buttons:
      • Enable/disable navigation bar buttons
      • Left-handed mode
      • Buttons and layout settings
      • Adjust navigation bar dimensions
      • CM button long press, double press features
      • SlimDim
      • Power menu settings
      • Press power button twice for camera
      [*]Misc:
      • Pie Control
      • Gesture Anywhere
      • App Circle Bar
      • Slim Recents
      • OmniSwitch
      • Scrolling cache settings
      • Disable FC notifications
      • DT2S on navigation bar
      • Launch music app when headset is connected
      • Enable/disable screenshot sound
      • Three fingers swipe for screenshot
      • System App remover
      • Take logcat, kmesg, dmesg on the go! (AicpExtras -> Log that 's'hit)
      • AICPStats
      [*]Quick Settings toggles:
      • QS Compass Tile
      • QS NFC Tile
      • QS Sync Tile
      • QS Volume Tile
      • QS Profiles Tile
      • QS USB tether Tile
      • QS Screen timeout Tile
      • QS Performance Tile
      • QS Lockscreen toggle Tile
      • QS Ambient Display Tile
      • QS Live Display Tile
      • QS Brightness Tile
      • QS ScreenOff Tile
      • QS Screenshot Tile
      • QS Expanded desktop Tile
      • QS Music Tile
      • QS Reboot Tile
      • QS LTE Tile
      • QS Nav bar Tile
      • QS SlimPie Tile
      • QS App circle bar Tile
      • QS App side bar Tile

3ueQ7DH.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:
    • CM team
    • maxwen
    • SlimBean rom team
    • CarbonRom team
    • LiquidSmooth rom team
    • Omni rom team
    • DU team
    • Community

ISn0uXd.png
    • @LorD ClockaN
    • @zipsnet
    • @n3ocort3x
    • @semdoc
    • @eyosen
    • @alienmind
    • @Chezbel
    • @Drgravy
    • @eboye
    • @TheStrix

K2p0Hv4.png

We are now paying for servers that build nightlies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

3U7XWsV.png

AICP website: http://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/?device=i9100

OpenGapps Download link: https://www.opengapps.org

SuperSU link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/supersu/v2-64-2-66-supersu-mode-t3286120

VTVKEeK.png

Full Changelog link: goo.gl/mIgmYG

You can also view changelog at AicpExtras -> About -> Changelog on your phone

b5b2bXK.png

- Maybe i forgot something.

kfCXFCX.png

ROMs should contain everything you need to enjoy Nougat. You are not required to install any Add Ons, simply download the latest ROM, Google Apps, flash it, and go!
    You are STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup - these can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behavior.

How to flash:

• Make sure you have TWRP recovery on your device.
    • Make a backup of your current ROM.
    • Wipe system, data, cache and dalvik.
    • Flash ROM.zip and Googleapps.zip.
    • Reboot system and setup!

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:
    To be able to flash over OTA app, TWRP recovery is needed!
    You can still use CWM and OTA app, but only to download zip file and flash it manually from within recovery. Zip gets saved under AICP_ota folder on your internal SDcard.

If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merge feel free to visit our gerrit, link is at the bottom!!!

F6DLgPu.png

AICP Google+ community

Sources:

ROM:
    Github link: https://github.com/AICP
    Gerrit link: http://gerrit.aicp-rom.com

XDA:DevDB Information
    AICP 12.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    GreekDragon
    Source Code: github.com/AICP

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-10-19
    Last Updated 2017-05-04
    Hey guys! :)
    The next build will delay a bit.
    Working to fix stuff in order to make it official. :)

Thanks.
    Hello everyone, in the past 2 days got hit with serious real life issues. I'm back now. Sorry for the RIL issue, did a mistake on my side, will push a new build today or tomorrow with the fixed one.
    Hello guys, I just wanted to let you know the current status of official AICP. :)
    Official nightlies will start rolling soon. Few things needs to be merged as of now.
    No ETA this time. Tons of things were fixed and addresed several selinux issues.
    Tons of security updates,upstream fixes, for kernel which are pushed here under n7.1 branch: https://github.com/dragonGR/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412

Please don't share your own builds here. Hope you understand :)
    Cheers !
    Another build is up! :)
    Updated ROM sources.
    Proper thermal patching.
    Video-Recording works with Snap app.
    Dirty cow patched.
    Kernel name is now IceColdKernel.
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224390101

Join to our AICP telegram chat: https://telegram.me/AICPHangout