[ROM][OMS][All variants][OFFICIAL]Krexus-CAF 6.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dwcasey

Jul 14, 2010
NW Arkansas
Lg g3 d850

Gonna give this lean machine a try. Thanks for continuing support on the G3 variants.

Question: Is MR_Bump.zip needed on D855, D852, D850? And does the same MR_Bump script work on those devices?

Update: For anyone else wondering, I did the following as outlined by OP a few posts down on page one. Be sure to stick to the order.

1. Make sure you have latest recovery
2. Factory reset
3. Install ROM Zip
4. Install SuperSu
5. Install Gapps
6. Flash the MR_bump zip for bumping the boot.img (which is un-bumped after flashing the SuperSu)
7. Phone will reboot (if it doesn't then REBOOT manually)

I picked up MR_Bump.zip from this thread (It's called MR_Boot.zip, but links to MR_Bump.zip)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/development/rom-paranoidandroid-6-0-d855-t3411977

Might be good to update OP with the .zip to download and the difference between 'bumping' and not bumping. Basically, what I gather is that if you flash this ROM and don't bump, then you will not have root. Which is cool. I actually could see the usefulness of this for testing or maybe devices you don't want to risk being rooted. Consequently, if you flash MR_Bump.zip in the order as given, you will have root.

Last edited:

Windforce0511

Aug 19, 2014
BIH
Gonna give this lean machine a try. Thanks for continuing support on the G3 variants.

Question: Is MR_Bump.zip needed on D855, D852, D850? And does the same MR_Bump script work on those devices?

Update: For anyone else wondering, I did the following as outlined by OP a few posts down on page one. Be sure to stick to the order.

1. Make sure you have latest recovery
2. Factory reset
3. Install ROM Zip
4. Install SuperSu
5. Install Gapps
6. Flash the MR_bump zip for bumping the boot.img (which is un-bumped after flashing the SuperSu)
7. Phone will reboot (if it doesn't then REBOOT manually)

I picked up MR_Bump.zip from this thread (It's called MR_Boot.zip, but links to MR_Bump.zip)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/development/rom-paranoidandroid-6-0-d855-t3411977

Might be good to update OP with the .zip to download and the difference between 'bumping' and not bumping. Basically, what I gather is that if you flash this ROM and don't bump, then you will not have root. Which is cool. I actually could see the usefulness of this for testing or maybe devices you don't want to risk being rooted. Consequently, if you flash MR_Bump.zip in the order as given, you will have root.
You don't need MRbump

dwcasey

Jul 14, 2010
NW Arkansas
mobile network

Looks like it might need some more tweaks (possible build.prop?) for carrier/mobile settings. Had a few issues with it prompting over and over when I drop my TMobile. Where I live has some low/dead zones for a few miles and it can drop pretty low. Most other ROMs usually just deal with or are able to hang on a bit longer until it grabs the next tower. Krexus CAF on the D850 for me would prompt asking me if I wanted to search for a carrier/network.

Otherwise, love the 'slim-ness' of this ROM. Flash this ROM with Pico OpenGapps, sooo nice.

R

random571

I can't turn off NFC via settings. It's greyed out.
Any solution?
I'm not on krexus at the moment(vs985) so this info could be incorrect, but on past marshmallow ROMs, with a root browser go to: system, app, nfcnci & rename nfcnci.apk to nfcnci.bak or delete the .apk extension on the file, or delete the whole nfcnci.apk, & reboot. The nfc option should be completely nuked after reboot.

rrben22

Apr 9, 2015
Im having a problem while installing im using D855 TWRP latest version 3.

Its says 'you are installing miss baseband rom".

Thanks a lot.

zearcxm69

Aug 25, 2016
solid rom but...random reboots

I just flashed the rom and so far I've been loving it's fluidity however the rom does randomly reboot..a lot and I've no idea as to what is actually causing this. so far my solution is to just remove the battery, insert it and then boot it again. please help

ROKO__

Jan 25, 2014
Yes like layers, but actually way better then it.

i changed statusbar icons, all of them are new, but only battery is stock because of cm tweaks which are included in rom. Can i apply and battery over the stock one ? If i set hidden from caf tweaks its hidden.. if set to show is stock, but not my one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FGvgExSSCQmH3RcQJ-gbYbYJm6Ig%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fforum.xda-developers.com%252Fimg.xda-cdn.com%252Fkz7gt_qE_KF-WcV8TxOjMQyfvds%253D%252Fhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fforum.xda-developers.com%25252Fimg.xda-cdn.com%25252F0h6j-xJDmh0mAGY3c7CEmqzwEMU%25253D%25252Fhttp%2525253A%2525252F%2525252Fi.imgur.com%2525252FoRrQGLu.png

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
     * war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some
     * research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    Krexus-CAF is what the name implies. The Krexus unique combination of mods, on top of a clean uptodate and latest CAF source.
    Built mainly of top of AOSP-CAF (with permission) and using only what's necessary from all the other great non-nexus device supporting ROMs (CyanogenMod, Dirty Unicorns, AOSPB, Tesla etc), Krexus-CAF tries to provide the maximum compatibility possible with CM-based device trees while keeping a small ROM base.

Lead Developer: @KreAch3R

About Krexus:
    Krexus was born out of a simple necessity. The latest releases of stock Android (namely lollipop and marshmallow) were pretty close to my idea of a perfect android ROM, yet missing some elements, which are meant to be included in stock Android, at least for me. Starting from a clean AOSP environment, only specific features and fixes are included, which are personally tested, with one goal in mind. To create a stock like android ROM, "as it should be".

This means, and I mean it, a ROM like how stock nexus image should be, for me.

This isn't going to get bloated. Most UI "features" are already there.
    This isn't going to start picking commits relentlessly, I will test them personally and only add things that 1) work like they should 2) would fit in a stock ROM.
    This isn't going to be updated very quickly. Only security and bug fixes will be pushed out ASAP.
    This is going to follow Google's & AOSP guidelines as closely as I can.[/SPOILER]

Google+ Community

DEVICE SPECIFIC INFORMATION

IMPORTANT DEVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS

• Everything works perfectly fine.

Google+ Community: Krexus-CAF Community
    DOWNLOAD LINKS:
    Rom Download
    <MOD EDIT - DOWNLOAD LINKS REMOVED.>

new build released
    Thank you for supporting the LG G variants!

I hope you like the ROM!

There's a FAQ in the community which answers all these questions here, please read it

yeah i's my pleasure to bring this amazing ROM to our G lineup ,thank you!
    Thank you for supporting the LG G variants!

I hope you like the ROM!

There's a FAQ in the community which answers all these questions here, please read it
    new build released with the new Substratum themes manager , see the link at the first post.
    feedback are welcome.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone