• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OMS-rootless][Candy7][M7_ALL_VARIANTS][N]

Search This thread

tanish2k09

Jun 21, 2014
I've tried the AM3D mod through magisk, but that didn't really help. In magisk I see possible mods, could you recommend one?
Or should I install them one by one and see if either of them makes a difference?
First backup a working build just to be safe.

Then try flashing Dolby mod from twrp, not magisk one.

Am3d is really more useful for bass management. Dolby gives better volume control though.

Even viper is good if you know things about sounds.

gimmeitorilltell

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 6, 2012
Well, I'm an Indian using unlocked sprint...

When I flashed the sprint build, signal wasn't coming...
Then I searched the thread and found that build.prop fix. It worked.

Did you comment out "telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1"? If so I will remove that from my next builds so you all won't have to do it.

EDIT: I found the post & that is what was removed. I have removed it from my build prop so the next update should work out of the box.

Thanks for the update to 7.1.2 (international version) looks good so far. I made a dirty flash over last built and getting clock fc message when i restart the device or want to open the clock app. Deleting App data from the clock App solved this problem. What would be realy nice for the future is a gapps backup and restore within the rom flashing so we dont need to flash gapps with every update.

Gapps backup depends on which gapps pkg you use. It is not part of the rom pkg.

Last edited:

tanish2k09

Jun 21, 2014
Did you comment out "telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1"? If so I will remove that from my next builds so you all won't have to do it.

EDIT: I found the post & that is what was removed. I have removed it from my build prop so the next update should work out of the box
Not exactly. I commented it out... Pretty much the same anyways.

Ah, so you compiling build with server like gcp or Jenkins? Or you got a beast for yourself?

My server just expired after I made the 27th finally stable los build. Believe me, MTK bringups are no joke.
(You are a RC so I guess you already know it)

Lenonard Do_1

Jun 25, 2017
The rom is realy good. But Wireless Adb seems not work on my m7. I'd tried `adb connect <m7-ip>` and with sudo, but the permission dialog (for allow my computer) didn't show up. And It's really difficult to pull up head an item in the end of list at Custom Quick Setting.

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
Not exactly. I commented it out... Pretty much the same anyways.

Ah, so you compiling build with server like gcp or Jenkins? Or you got a beast for yourself?

My server just expired after I made the 27th finally stable los build. Believe me, MTK bringups are no joke.
(You are a RC so I guess you already know it)

Lol Yeah I built my machine to compile this stuff a few years ago actually. 32GB of RAM with an 8 core CPU. She gets the job done.

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
Wow.
My server (gcp 16gb ram 8 core + ubuntu 14) makes a build in 1.75 hours after make clean.

It's surprising that this device is still alive.
Currently I'm working on aicp12.1 for a7k. Would you mind helping a bit with the makefiles if I require any assistance in future?

I can give you a hand if I have time. Just hit me up on hangouts. gimmeitorilltell

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
Sprint build to test

GPS doesn't work for me, I've tried changing gps.conf to no avail. Anyone else fixed this issue?

I'm not sure which variant you're running but I have a Sprint test build for anyone who has an activated device. No worries about the rom it's fine. I just would like to know if data is good and if the telephone is working properly? Please report back. Here is the sprint rom Candy-m7spr-7.1.2.Stable.v5.1-OFFICIAL-20170724-1219.zip

The rom is realy good. But Wireless Adb seems not work on my m7. I'd tried `adb connect <m7-ip>` and with sudo, but the permission dialog (for allow my computer) didn't show up. And It's really difficult to pull up head an item in the end of list at Custom Quick Setting.

I see what you mean about QS trying to pull up an icon. We will see what is causing that.

Last edited:
Reactions: coal686

godll

Jan 10, 2017
Help with substratum

» [com.android.settings]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.settings]: Installation of "com.android.settings" has failed.
» [com.android.documentsui]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.documentsui]: Installation of "com.android.documentsui" has failed.
» [com.android.calculator2]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.calculator2]: Installation of "com.android.calculator2" has failed.
» [com.android.bluetooth]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.bluetooth]: Installation of "com.android.bluetooth" has failed.
» [com.android.contacts]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.contacts]: Installation of "com.android.contacts" has failed.
» [com.android.apps.tag]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.apps.tag]: Installation of "com.android.apps.tag" has failed.
» [com.google.android.inputmethod.latin]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.google.android.inputmethod.latin]: Installation of "com.google.android.inputmethod.latin" has failed.
» [com.android.server.telecom]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.server.telecom]: Installation of "com.android.server.telecom" has failed.
» [com.android.vending]: Failed to generate resource table for split ''
» [com.android.vending]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.vending]: Installation of "com.android.vending" has failed.
» [com.android.systemui]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.systemui]: Installation of "com.android.systemui" has failed.
» [com.android.packageinstaller]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.packageinstaller]: Installation of "com.android.packageinstaller" has failed.
» [com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver]: Installation of "com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver" has failed.
» [org.omnirom.omniswitch]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [org.omnirom.omniswitch]: Installation of "org.omnirom.omniswitch" has failed.
» [com.android.deskclock]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.deskclock]: Installation of "com.android.deskclock" has failed.
» [com.google.android.gms]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.google.android.gms]: Installation of "com.google.android.gms" has failed.
» [android]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [android]: Installation of "android" has failed.
» [com.android.inputmethod.latin]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.inputmethod.latin]: Installation of "com.android.inputmethod.latin" has failed.
» [com.android.dialer]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.dialer]: Installation of "com.android.dialer" has failed.
» [com.whatsapp]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.whatsapp]: Installation of "com.whatsapp" has failed.
» [projekt.substratum]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [projekt.substratum]: Installation of "projekt.substratum" has failed.

Last edited:

tanish2k09

Jun 21, 2014
Help with substratum

» [com.android.settings]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.settings]: Installation of "com.android.settings" has failed.
» [com.android.documentsui]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.documentsui]: Installation of "com.android.documentsui" has failed.
» [com.android.calculator2]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.calculator2]: Installation of "com.android.calculator2" has failed.
» [com.android.bluetooth]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.bluetooth]: Installation of "com.android.bluetooth" has failed.
» [com.android.contacts]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.contacts]: Installation of "com.android.contacts" has failed.
» [com.android.apps.tag]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.apps.tag]: Installation of "com.android.apps.tag" has failed.
» [com.google.android.inputmethod.latin]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.google.android.inputmethod.latin]: Installation of "com.google.android.inputmethod.latin" has failed.
» [com.android.server.telecom]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.server.telecom]: Installation of "com.android.server.telecom" has failed.
» [com.android.vending]: Failed to generate resource table for split ''
» [com.android.vending]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.vending]: Installation of "com.android.vending" has failed.
» [com.android.systemui]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.systemui]: Installation of "com.android.systemui" has failed.
» [com.android.packageinstaller]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.packageinstaller]: Installation of "com.android.packageinstaller" has failed.
» [com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver]: Installation of "com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver" has failed.
» [org.omnirom.omniswitch]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [org.omnirom.omniswitch]: Installation of "org.omnirom.omniswitch" has failed.
» [com.android.deskclock]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.deskclock]: Installation of "com.android.deskclock" has failed.
» [com.google.android.gms]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.google.android.gms]: Installation of "com.google.android.gms" has failed.
» [android]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [android]: Installation of "android" has failed.
» [com.android.inputmethod.latin]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.inputmethod.latin]: Installation of "com.android.inputmethod.latin" has failed.
» [com.android.dialer]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.android.dialer]: Installation of "com.android.dialer" has failed.
» [com.whatsapp]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [com.whatsapp]: Installation of "com.whatsapp" has failed.
» [projekt.substratum]: Overlay APK has failed to install! " (Exception) [Error: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void projekt.substratum.a.a(java.util.List)' on a null object reference]
» [projekt.substratum]: Installation of "projekt.substratum" has failed.
Did you use Google?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pnVJDW5.png

This is Candy7. Built straight from source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM. We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

2e8esupa.jpg

@gimmeitorilltell @NoSpamDan @kdp162 @CertifiedBlyndGuy @axxx007xxxz @Flashalot @rohitporoli @Venomtester

qy9e6u4u.jpg

ROM
    DEVICES/KERNELS

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

FEATURES
    • Recents:
      • Multi-window
      • OmniSwitch
      • Immersive mode
      • Clear all button
      • Memory bar
    • Advanced power menu:
      • On The Go Mode
      • Screen record
      • Adjustable dialog background shade
      • Sound panel
    • Expanded desktop
    • Lockscreen:
      • Battery charging current overlay
      • Adjustable shortcuts
      • Weather (OmniJaws)
    • Statusbar settings:
      • Ticker (disable heads up when in use)
      • Weather panel
      • Clock/battery configuration
      • Traffic indicators
      • Quick settings tile config
      • Immersive messages
      • Force expanded notifications
      • Carrier label
      • Tap to sleep
    • Buttons settings:
      • Long-press/double-tap actions
      • Volume rocker
      • Playback control
      • Volume key answer
      • Disable HW keys
      • Pie control
    • Navigation bar:
      • Adjust colors
      • Smartbar/fling
      • Pulse
    • Screenshots:
      • 3 finger
      • Adjust framing
    • SlimLauncher

More to come, we are never done...

Flashing Steps:

Coming from another rom
    1) Download Candy7.zip (See Post #2)
    2) Download 7.1.2 Gapps (optional - See Post #2))
    3) Boot into recovery (TWRP)
    4) Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    5) Flash Candy7.zip
    6) Flash Gapps
    7) Reboot

Updating from previous Candy7 release
    1) Download Candy7.zip (See Post #2)
    2) Boot into recovery
    3) Flash Candy7.zip
    4) Reboot

IMPORTANT - PROBLEMS/ISSUES:
    If you have issues, I need the following:
    1. Logs from your (logcat, last_kmsg, dmesg) linked to on pastebin.com or hastebin.com, showing the failure.
    2. A clear description of the steps that I need to take to exactly reproduce the problem.
    Please DO NOT complain about problems and offer nothing to help fix it. I reserve the right to ignore you for not following insructions...

NO ETA REQUESTS!

* See Post #2 for Downloads

* See Post #3 for FAQ/Known issues

-Please give first boot a good few minutes.
    -Still in Beta stage with new additions and fixes being added constantly...

Special thanks to LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni, TeslaROM, and all the rest who make their source open. We can't do this on our own.

A Special thanks to those who have contributed:
    @nospamdan
    @TeamAndroid14
    @Steveromingagain
    @kgaipal
    Anyone else that should be named here Please notify me via Hangouts or email & I will be glad to place your name here. I am not skipping anyone intentionally.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Candy7, ROM for the Sprint HTC One

Contributors
    gimmeitorilltell
    Source Code: https://github.com/CandyRoms

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-10-26
    Last Updated 2017-06-06
    Reserved

be9apenu.jpg

See Post #3 for a list of what is working or not if you have concerns. Thanks!

ROM:
    Candy-m7spr-7.1.2-OFFICIAL

ROM:
    Candy-m7vzw-7.1.2-OFFICIAL

ROM:
    Candy-m7-7.1.2-OFFICIAL

GAPPS
    CandyRoms Dynamic GApps
    Open GApps (Pico recommended due to included packages)

RECOVERY
    TWRP v3.0.0 or newer
    Reserved

M7: Unknown at this time, you tell me?

M7SPR: This build is Permissive for now and the RIL is working. The Home button is NOT working "Yet". Most things seem to be pretty solid so far. Let me know what you may find not working?

UPDATE: The gapps I had linked was breaking the home button. New link is in the OP.
    It seems to be Roaming but my device is not activated on the network.
    My builds will be back up after an investigation.

M7VZW: Unknown at this time, you tell me?
    New Builds

Sprint Verizon & GSM builds uploaded on AFH. Sprint is the only one tested thus far so you tell me & enjoy.

Actually the GSM build I pulled due to a bad upload but I will re-up it soon.
    I just wiped everything and reinstalled it all, now I have lockscreen, notifications, and all my contacts show up, must have had a bad install the first time. Everything works great now. I did use the full version of Open Gapps this time too, so maybe that Gapps file was causing the issues