[ROM][OneUI 2.5][TWRP] NcX 2.5 for A71 [SM-A715F]

Search This thread

jpdobler7

Dec 20, 2018
Sao Paulo
Hi guys, here I am again... hehe =D Just one more doubt, this time, about Magisk... I bought a external card, and then I could flash 2.5 on Odin, then flash ed 2.5.2 on TWRP, multidisabler...and that's all OK. The trouble is about Magisk.. After first boot, set up everything... Then I download Magisk.zip version 20.3, put it on external sd card and rebooted in recovery mode, after I flashed this magisk the system got bootloop...My question is : What the hell ??? haha What's the right version of Magisk to flash with this version 2.5.2? THanks for all that support my doubts =D

viktor92

Mar 27, 2013
Hi guys, here I am again... hehe =D Just one more doubt, this time, about Magisk... I bought a external card, and then I could flash 2.5 on Odin, then flash ed 2.5.2 on TWRP, multidisabler...and that's all OK. The trouble is about Magisk.. After first boot, set up everything... Then I download Magisk.zip version 20.3, put it on external sd card and rebooted in recovery mode, after I flashed this magisk the system got bootloop...My question is : What the hell ??? haha What's the right version of Magisk to flash with this version 2.5.2? THanks for all that support my doubts =D

Maybe you should have flashed magisk inmediately after multidisabler, without booting...
Try to open TWRP and mount system, and then boot...

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Try flashing Magisk Canary (21.0).

Reactions: Wingchundub

Skydean

Feb 4, 2018
Hello ! I just installed your ROM and so far i'ts really good so first let me thank you for this awesome work !

I was wondering if there was a way to get rid of the warning screen saying the bootloader is unlocked and also hide the red warning on the samsung logo screen.

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Hello ! I just installed your ROM and so far i'ts really good so first let me thank you for this awesome work !

I was wondering if there was a way to get rid of the warning screen saying the bootloader is unlocked and also hide the red warning on the samsung logo screen.

I'm not really sure, I've seen people say that there might be a way, based on videos from other devices. But I have never attempted it, neither will I try to find a way myself lol

I've decided to live with it.

Reactions: andreoide

droidzer1

Oct 28, 2013
Just saying ... while downloading v2.5.2 something crashed my 3TB hard drive. Looked like a virus hit it and it was the newest one in my system. No problem after a long reformat but it was badly scrambled in recovery attempts.

Reactions: faheyd

Skydean

Feb 4, 2018
Hi again ! Since yesterday I have a notification saying that there is a system update available and I can't find a way to make it go away, even temporarily, since it's a system notification.

Screenshot_20201215-115743_Nova Launcher.jpg

Do you have the same problem ?

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Hi again ! Since yesterday I have a notification saying that there is a system update available and I can't find a way to make it go away, even temporarily, since it's a system notification.

View attachment 5157983

Do you have the same problem ?
I'll probably fix it in the next update (which also will update to November security patch)
Sorry about that, I've been busy all of a sudden that I haven't been able to work on the ROM

DryIce4

Dec 4, 2020
I have a question about the /System partition. After installing there's only about 8mb left in the /System but I need some space there because I use Frida for pentesting and it must be installed in there. I tried to resize the partition using Parted but I can't get adb to work in TWRP. Is there anyway I can free some space in the /System partition or at least get adb to work in TWRP?

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
I have a question about the /System partition. After installing there's only about 8mb left in the /System but I need some space there because I use Frida for pentesting and it must be installed in there. I tried to resize the partition using Parted but I can't get adb to work in TWRP. Is there anyway I can free some space in the /System partition or at least get adb to work in TWRP?
I'm not really sure, I know TWRP is actively being worked on but I don't know if adb is fixed. There are newer builds of TWRP than I provided, I'm testing and if they're bootable, I'll update this ROM

viktor92

Mar 27, 2013
Speaking about system partition, could be that small that copying some ringtones in the corresponding folder (inside system) causes an out of space message ??

ZylissZocker

Dec 21, 2020
Hello,

So i flashed the firmware with odin 3.14 to my A71, but apparently, after rebooting to recovery to flash the rest of the files, clearing cache and rebooting, it is stuck in a boot loop.

There's the usual red warning message about not running official firmware and so on...

After this, it just crashes and reboots. No bootscreen whatsoever. I can still boot it into recovery and download mode just fine.

Looked into the filesystem and noticed the system folder was "empty". There were 3 folders (bin, etc, sbin)
Something else i found was the system_root folder in /, which contained the root file system PLUS all system files. Did i flash something wrong?

For the time being, i installed stock firmware. I hope to get this fixed eventually.

Last edited:

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Hello,

So i flashed the firmware with odin 3.14 to my A71, but apparently, after rebooting to recovery to flash the rest of the files, clearing cache and rebooting, it is stuck in a boot loop.

There's the usual red warning message about not running official firmware and so on...

After this, it just crashes and reboots. No bootscreen whatsoever. I can still boot it into recovery and download mode just fine.

Looked into the filesystem and noticed the system folder was "empty". There were 3 folders (bin, etc, sbin)
Something else i found was the system_root folder in /, which contained the root file system PLUS all system files. Did i flash something wrong?

For the time being, i installed stock firmware. I hope to get this fixed eventually.
Well, the red warning message is normal, that means at least it flashed something correctly.
But wait, you said you can reboot to recovery? As in, TWRP recovery? Or does it go directly to stock recovery instead of TWRP?
Another thing, you can't view system stuff in this device with TWRP as of yet (I believe it's being worked on) so it is normal to not see anything inside that folder.

ZylissZocker

Dec 21, 2020
Well, the red warning message is normal, that means at least it flashed something correctly.
But wait, you said you can reboot to recovery? As in, TWRP recovery? Or does it go directly to stock recovery instead of TWRP?
Another thing, you can't view system stuff in this device with TWRP as of yet (I believe it's being worked on) so it is normal to not see anything inside that folder.
It goes to TWRP and i can flash, mount, backup, restore, ... from there.
As i said, i am using stock recovery for now until there is a possible solution to this.

And I can see the system files, as it mounts the system to /system_root. All is there, it just can't boot.

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
It goes to TWRP and i can flash, mount, backup, restore, ... from there.
As i said, i am using stock recovery for now until there is a possible solution to this.

And I can see the system files, as it mounts the system to /system_root. All is there, it just can't boot.
Well, if TWRP booted you were almost there. You just needed to do a real data format (loosing everything in the internal storage)
The bootloops could be a sign of the encrypted data partition.

ZylissZocker

Dec 21, 2020
Well, if TWRP booted you were almost there. You just needed to do a real data format (loosing everything in the internal storage)
The bootloops could be a sign of the encrypted data partition.
I tried exactly that quite a few times. Even re-flashing the entire thing, booting to twrp, FORMATTING /data, rebooting to download mode, flashing again and formatting it once more didn't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NcX 2.5 A71 ROM
    Pretty straight forward, I took OneUI 2.5 firmware, debloated it and added a few features which can be found here: Link to MODs
    My plan is to make this the best version of OneUI 2.5 with more features and fixed things (my mission is to fix Secure Folder in the near future) Fixed :)
    Anyway, let's get started.

Code:
    Your warranty is now void. 
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, 
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about flashing this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if 
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. HARD!

Features!
    • TWRP Included
    • Full OneUI 2.5 features
    • Debloated
    • Added camera features
    • Dolby Atmos without earphones
    • Optimized
    • Edge Lighting fully enabled
    • Secure Folder fixed
    • Smart View fixed
    • Samsung Health fixed
    • Samsung OCR service

Bugs!
    • Secure Folder broken (will try to fix later) Fixed on 2.5.1
    • Samsung Pass broken (because of knox 0x1, duh) Removed from ROM, it will never work.
    • Bug with AOD brightness when you use fingerprint unlock method. This bug happens when you have AOD to always show. If AOD is showing, then you turn the screen on to only show lockscreen clock and then turn the screen off for AOD to show, the brightness of AOD will reduce to the most minimal and it will be hard to see, regardless of what brightness you set up. There are 2 ways to getting rid of this bug:
      • Disable unlocking phone with fingerprint
      • Unlocking your phone and then locking it again. This will only fix it until you trigger the bug again
      Fixed, clock animation removed.
    • You tell me

Changelog!
    • 25/Oct/2020 (NcX 2.5.2):
      • Added 60 fps recording on selfie cam
      • Added wide selfies. (a biiiiit buggy, but serviceable)
      • Added 24 fps recording modes on pro video mode
      • Fixed Samsung Health
      • Added Samsung OCR Service for better text extraction
    • 12/Oct/2020 (NcX 2.5.1):
      • Secure Folder fixed
      • Smart View fixed
      • AOD bug fixed
      • Removed Samsung Pass
      • Removed Samsung Daily
      • Removed "Tips" app
      • Removed Bixby
      • Added camera features
    • 08/Oct/2020: Release

Links!
    Prequisites
    MANDATORY ALWAYS: SD Card. It IS possible to have it on internal storage but ONLY if you are not encrypted. If you are encrypted, then you will need to FORMAT DATA and that will delete everything in your internal storage and you won't be able to add it back to internal storage with TWRP because MTP is broken.​
    For installing 2.5.1/2.5.2:
    • Installing and following NcX 2.5 installation steps, as well as its prequesites
    • TWRP Installed (included in NcX 2.5)
    • Download multidisabler.zip (link: From Telegram Group (also attached on this thread) and add to SD Card or internal storage
    • Download Magisk zip installer to your SD Card or internal storage

For installing 2.5:

• Update to bootloader U3 (either install OneUI 2.1 or OneUI 2.5 fully with Odin), otherwise you will have problems with camera
    • Fully unlock bootloader. I don't mean just turning OEM unlock on in developer settings , I mean FULLY unlock. If you didn't know, Samsung changed up how you unlock the bootloader on newer devices like this one. @topjohnwu gets a little more specific here: Explanation but I'm going to quote the important stuff to FULLY unlock bootloader:
      Unlocking BL on modern Samsung devices have some caveats, so I figure this would be helpful.

Allow bootloader unlocking in Developer options → OEM unlocking
      Reboot to download mode: reboot and press the download mode key combo for your device.
      Long press volume up to unlock the bootloader. This will wipe your data and automatically reboot.
      If you think the bootloader is fully unlocked, it is actually not! Samsung introduced VaultKeeper, meaning the bootloader will still reject any unofficial partitions before VaultKeeper explicitly allows it.

Go through the initial setup. Skip through all the steps since data will be wiped again later.
      Connect the device to Internet during the setup.
      Enable developer options, and confirm that the OEM unlocking option exists and is grayed out. This means the VaultKeeper service has unleashed the bootloader.
      Your bootloader now accepts unofficial images in download mode.
    • Download Magisk zip installer to your SD Card or internal storage
    • Download multidisabler.zip (link: From Telegram Group and also attached in this thread) and add to SD Card or internal storage
    Instructions!
    For installing 2.5.1/2.5.2:
    • Reboot to TWRP
    • Flash NcX 2.5.1.img or NcX 2.5.2 as "super" image in TWRP
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Format data if you are coming from Stock ROM. If you are coming from NcX 2.5 then you don't need to wipe or format, you can just skip this step.
    • Flash multidisabler (this is required always)
    • Flash Magisk zip (optional)
    • Reboot and wait patiently
    For installing 2.5:

• Reboot to download mode and add AP_NcX 2.5 A71 in AP on Odin
    • Uncheck the Auto reboot option in Odin
    • Flash
    • When it is finished, force a manual reboot (keep pressing VOL - and Power buttons together)
    • Immediately when phone reboots, boot to recovery mode (VOL + and Power button)
    • If your phone was unencrypted before, just do a normal wipe. If your phone was not unencrypted before, do a full data format (Go to WIPE option in TWRP, select FORMAT DATA button at the bottom and they type yes on the keyboard. This will completely wipe your internal storage so be sure to backup and photos, music, etc... you have in internal media.)
    • Flash multidisabler to ensure you do not get encrypted
    • Flash magisk (I don't know if this is mandatory, I would fully recommend it though)
    • Reboot and wait patiently

Credits!
    @ananjaser1211 for all your help and always willing to lend a helping hand
    @SuperR. For his Super R's Kitchen which you can find here: https://xdaforums.com/apps/superr-kitchen/windows-linux-superr-s-kitchen-v3-0-0-0-t3601702
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @sac23 for his tutorial on how to fix Secure Folder which you can find here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82978861&postcount=1522
    @Belco02 for the extra camera modes and features
    @ianmacd in Telegram group TWRP/Root Samsung Android Devices for compiling TWRP for us
    @ Samsung for the firmware
    @ Team TWRP for their amazing recovery
    @ To users like you!

If you feel I missed you, please give me a PM so I can add you

XDA:DevDB Information
    NcX 2.5 for A71, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A71

Contributors
    ShaDisNX255, Ian Macdonald
    Source Code: https://github.com/ianmacd/twrp_a71
    Source Code: https://github.com/ianmacd/a71

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: OneUI 2.5

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.5
    Stable Release Date: 2020-10-08

Created 2020-10-08
    Last Updated 2020-10-08
    There's a Magisk module called "Bluetooth library patcher" which fixes this issue. Apparently, its a common problem with rooted Samsung devices.
    Worked perfectly (y)(y)
    How to report a bug/Ask for a change

Over the small amount of time I've been doing my edits and shared them with the community, I've noticed something that seems to irritate me. I can't speak for all the developers on this forum, but I do edits/ROMs/PORTs/etc... to what I like. I don't work for anybody else but me. I share my work because it may have something of value to other people and/or some people may share the same taste as me on regards to what they want on a ROM.

That being said, that doesn't mean I will completely ignore what the community has to say.

First and foremost, it must be said, I am merely a beginner. I do not claim to be a professional developer that knows how to add everything, I am nowhere close and I learn as I go.

There are ways to ask for something and/or report a bug when it comes to ROMs, and this post is my attempt to try to explain how to (and how not to) report a bug in order to help me out as much as possible to try to fix something

You can also ask for something to be added, but there are also ways to ask for something

So, here we go

Keep in mind:
    • I do not add stuff that can easily be downloaded from the Playstore
    • I, myself, don't do kernel edits
    • I COULD remove stuff if NOBODY uses it

---REPORTING BUGS---​

How NOT to report a bug:
    • "SystemUI (or any app)is crashing, please help!"
    • "Instagram doesn't allow me to edit my post, what could be wrong?"
    • "My bank account app is not letting me do such thing"
    These posts are sort of pointless as they only state something but I have no context on what could be causing it. Also, I can't really control (for the most part) third-party apps, so if you're going to ask about them this way, don't even bother

A slightly better way to report a bug:
    • "I clean installed the ROM and was working fine, after I installed Facebook and logged in, I immediately uploaded a photo and SystemUI started to crash. Can you look in to it?"
    • "I tried to install Black Neon theme (a link to it would work as well) and it was working fine until I tried to activate AOD (or anything else for some reason) and SystemUI (or any other app) is crashing, could you look in to it?"
    • "My bank account app doesn't let me take a screenshot of my accounts. I get a toast notification saying "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"
    As you can see, this provides a bit more context and explanation on your current situation. This gives me a little more detail on trying to replicate the problem and hopefully could fix it by replicating it. Well, except for point #3 which is out of my hands for the most part (I think). If you include what kernel you're using would make everything better! Also any significant change that would require root (like xposed and or anything that modifies /system also needs to be informed for better results)

The BEST way to report a bug:
    • LOGCAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please learn the ins and outs of a logcat, this really helps a lot on finding what the problem is. Also, please give a brief explanation as the above examples when providing a log cat :)

---ASKING FOR STUFF TO BE ADDED---​

How NOT to ask for stuff:
    • On your next update, add iris scanner
    • You should add (app) on your next update
    • Hey, please add (app or feature) on your next update
    No, I do not work for you. Even if you say please like the third example, that doesn't mean you're being polite. It still sounds like an order lol so you should probably rephrase your request.

How to ask for stuff to be added to my work:
    • Would you be so kind to add (feature) to your ROM, if possible?
    • Would it be possible to add this app to your ROM?
    • Please, can you add (feature) to your ROM, if it isn't much to ask?
    See how politeness makes everything better? You're not demanding it, you're just politely asking to see if maybe it is within my grasp to add something. And if all request would be like this, I can assure you I'd try my best to add said feature

I hope this is useful to you or I at least hope that some people read it.
    If not, I can just tell you to return to stock ROM, probably better than any ROM I put out anyway :p

I'm using much less bluetooth now, but since I've installed NcX 2.5.2 my phone doesn't remember the paired devices, I should pair them every time I use it, somebody had or has the same problem?
    There's a Magisk module called "Bluetooth library patcher" which fixes this issue. Apparently, its a common problem with rooted Samsung devices.
    Join our Telegram group

Code:
    Check out the latest projects on our Telegram group, where we share our advancement on new things and try to help as best as we can.
    For anything already released, please ask here in XDA

Link: Telegram Group

Join our Discord group

Code:
    Check out the latest projects on our Discord, where we share our advancement on new things and try to help as best as we can.
    For anything already released, please ask here in XDA

Link: Discord

Android group in spanish

Link: Grupo Android