Download latest build of Fresh, and chosen addons.
Reboot to custom recovery of choice (TWRP/OrangeFox).
Flash downloaded Fresh build. This may take a while.
Flash the addons you have downloaded.
Flash any other stuff you want (Magisk modules, etc.)
Reboot to System.
Set-up your device.
Enjoy the No-frills Samsung Experience!
Q: What bootloader does this need?
A: It is strongly advised to install the One UI 3.1 update before installing Fresh 3, for the most stable experience. Installing on Android 10 will cause issues, and is not supported.
Q: Do I need to flash anything after installing Fresh?
A: There is no need! Fresh is already pre-patched. Simply flash all mods you need, as well as data recovery ZIPs (ie. data restore packages) and Reboot to System.
Q: Does X feature work?
A: Yes! Try it for yourself.
Q: How do I update my Fresh installation?
A: It's very easy! Simply go to Settings, tap Software updates and update away. You can access it much faster using the Fresh Hub shortcut on your Apps screen!
Q: Is my data safe with Fresh Hub?
A: Yes. Fresh Hub does not collect any information except ping counts to the download server, facilitated by SourceForge.
Q: I'm experiencing X bug on my Y device.
A: Please report through this feedback form, or the Fresh Community on Discord or Telegram. Please include logs, screenshots, or screen recordings so I can help you better.
Building and connecting communities.
Includes Facebook App Manager and Notification Services.
The My Galaxy, Bixby and Bixby Vision logos are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. The Android Auto, Google Maps, Gmail, and Google Duo logos are trademarks of Google LLC/Alphabet Inc. in the United States and other territories. The Facebook typography, and Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus logos are trademarks of Facebook Inc. in the United States and other territories.
- Use separate vendors for non-NFC and NFC variants.
- Update vendor to A505FNXXU6BUA1 (NFC) / A505FDDU6BUA8 (Non-NFC).
- Update Magisk to 21.4.
- Fsync and Software CRC Checking is enabled by default to alleviate "data corruption" and data loss concerns.
- Re-patched mixer_paths and mixer_gains with changes from One UI 2.5. In-call audio is better.
- Performance and battery improvement
- Removed several Samsung and Google services from the power-saving whitelis
- Force Google Play Services to "basic attest" SafetyNet. Workaround courtesy of @kdrag0n. Enable MagiskHide to pass SafetyNet.
- Apply ro.build.fingerprint in build.prop and init.rc.
- Disable Rescue Party. Courtesy of phhusson and the Phh-Treble Project.
- Disable strict mode logging. Courtesy of phhusson and the Phh-Treble Project.
- Fix some Galaxy A50-specific configs from framework. It includes HQM and enabling page boost.
- Flip Cover support has been (re-)added from stock firmware.
- More camera features, including a full-featured Pro and Pro Video modes. Huge thanks to a7hmE1 for making this possible.
- Fixed Scene Detection/Optimization in Camera.
- Smart Scan has been added and is tested working.
Apps and Services
- Lock Screen Stories and Dynamic Lockscreen can now be used at the same time. This is only available for users on INS (India).
- Added "LTE Only" network option to all OMCs. Please take precaution as a lot of carriers don't have VoLTE services yet, which can cause inability to receive and send phone calls and/or messages.
Special Thanks to These People
@Yanndroid - pretty much all the custom apps. Thanks man!
a7hmE1 - Camera features
@AlperSal - pretty much a lot of dumps (xD), and the Discord community.
FreshROMs 18.104.22.168 is here! See the full changelog here.
On INS, Lock Screen Stories will show up and not work by default, install any My Galaxy addon to use Lock Screen Stories, or use the Lock Screen Stories remover addon if you want to use Dynamic Lock Screen.