[ROM][OneUI 4.1.1][A50] Fresh - Love Your Phone Again (Updated 4/11/2023)

Search This thread

Tof__

Sep 26, 2021
Hello, awesome ROM, phone is so much smoother compared to stock, but I have a big issue.

I cannot use Google Pay. I did try ro install fingerprint, Samsung safety fix, but nothing helps. Can I ask for help please? Thanks

Jan 19, 2021
This is an awesome rom thank you so much! My phone (Galaxy A50FN) runs better than when it was new! I was about to throw it away and get a new one but this rom brought it back to life! The fact that it receives updates is even more awesome!

The only "problem" with all these custom roms is that all the banking apps recognse the phone as rooted. So I can't use nfc payments. I don't know if there is a workaround to fix that.

Great work!

hayalci

Bu harika bir rom çok teşekkür ederim! Telefonum (Galaxy A50FN) yeni olduğundan daha iyi çalışıyor! Onu atıp yenisini almak üzereydim ama bu rom onu hayata döndürdü! Güncellemeleri alması daha da harika!

Tüm bu özel rom'larla ilgili tek "sorun", tüm bankacılık uygulamalarının telefonu köklü olarak yeniden korumasıdır. Yani NFC ödemelerini kullanamıyorum. Bunu düzeltmek için geçici bir çözüm var mı bilmiyorum.

Harika iş çıkardın!
magisk hide. magisk app hide.

Jan 19, 2021
Hello everyone! Regarding nfc and apps detecting phone as rooted, i did all steps successfully with magisk hide props and hide app and safetynet passes from within magisk and external app. But apps still detect phone as rooted. I read that apps now read if bootloader is unlocked at a hardware level and there is no solution to that.

Any chance you've come across this? Any solutions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211023-121016_SafetyNet Test.jpg
    Screenshot_20211023-121016_SafetyNet Test.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 48
For years I've been working with the Lineage OS. When they stopped I was lost for a little while, now I'm really happy to have found Fresh. Yesterday I ran into the first issue. It's a weird one. When Android introduced 'Format as internal' as the default, I didn't want it. I wanted to be able to unmount and use it in my PC's. I myself was quite surprised that this time I wanted tot format as internal. So if it is not there, I guess I understand why it is not. And maybe that option is only there if you want to encrypt the device for a more technical cause.

Nevertheless; did I miss something or is it not possible to create OneVolume with the FreshROM? :) many thanks for the development anyways and for the optional answer.

Javelino

Apr 5, 2021
Just wondering but could it be possible to make this rom compatible with "Android for Work" / Work Profiles So we can use sandboxing apps like Insular, Island and Shelter?

sufianstevens

Oct 25, 2021
Just installed the rom. Everything is working fine except I can't record videos or voice messages. Any app that tries it (camera app, voice recorder, instagram, twitter, whatsapp, etc.) freezes or crashes

TenSeventy7

Hello everyone! Regarding nfc and apps detecting phone as rooted, i did all steps successfully with magisk hide props and hide app and safetynet passes from within magisk and external app. But apps still detect phone as rooted. I read that apps now read if bootloader is unlocked at a hardware level and there is no solution to that.

Any chance you've come across this? Any solutions?
Try clearing the data of the offending app as well as reinstall. Otherwise, the solution for your specific app may be present on other sources online.

For years I've been working with the Lineage OS. When they stopped I was lost for a little while, now I'm really happy to have found Fresh. Yesterday I ran into the first issue. It's a weird one. When Android introduced 'Format as internal' as the default, I didn't want it. I wanted to be able to unmount and use it in my PC's. I myself was quite surprised that this time I wanted tot format as internal. So if it is not there, I guess I understand why it is not. And maybe that option is only there if you want to encrypt the device for a more technical cause.

Nevertheless; did I miss something or is it not possible to create OneVolume with the FreshROM? :) many thanks for the development anyways and for the optional answer.
Samsung never included Adoptable Storage on TouchWiz/Samsung Experience/One UI since its introduction on Android 6.0.

It may be possible to do it manually, but beware of issues you may experience down the line.

Just wondering but could it be possible to make this rom compatible with "Android for Work" / Work Profiles So we can use sandboxing apps like Insular, Island and Shelter?
A change done by Samsung on Android 11/One UI 3.1 makes "managed profiles" such as Work Profiles stop working and cause a crash on un-encrypted devices with a lock screen set up. This is the same issue Dual Messenger experiences (Dual Messenger is another "managed profile" in One UI).

Jan 19, 2021
Hey guys I need your help again.. i installed magisk & magisk hide in order to get my banking app to work but now i have another problem. I can't receive sms messages.. None! But i can send sms normally. Also 2 factor authentication notifications don't work either. As a result i can't login to most of the services i need.

- I tried uninstalling magisk
- wiping cache
-reset app permissions
- tried another sms app (Textra)

Nothing seems to do the trick. Any ideas?

Javelino

Apr 5, 2021
A change done by Samsung on Android 11/One UI 3.1 makes "managed profiles" such as Work Profiles stop working and cause a crash on un-encrypted devices with a lock screen set up. This is the same issue Dual Messenger experiences (Dual Messenger is another "managed profile" in One UI).

Well I don't have a lock screen setup but I get this error while trying to create a work profile.

I really don't know if there's anything you can do about that though. I read somewhere the "system status" option has to be official and not custom for it to work.

Attachments

• 20170927_140812.png
    20170927_140812.png
    55 KB · Views: 20
  • system status.png
    system status.png
    122.7 KB · Views: 19

TenSeventy7

Well I don't have a lock screen setup but I get this error while trying to create a work profile.

I really don't know if there's anything you can do about that though. I read somewhere the "system status" option has to be official and not custom for it to work.
You'll have to set up Work Profile by "force" through ADB.

See Island's instructions here:

Reactions: Javelino

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rounded.png

Fresh for the Samsung Galaxy A50
    Love your phone again

Features.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Under-the-hood Changes

• Fully pre-patched system and vendor for Knox, Bluetooth, and Samsung Security services. No need to flash Multidisabler or Bluetooth Library Patcher after installing Fresh.​
    • Mint Kernel is pre-installed.​
    • Magisk is installed on kernel by default.​
    • Dual-speaker mod installed by default.​
    • NFC working for supporting variants (ie. SM-A505FN; SM-A505GN)​
    • Install Wizard - easily install Fresh with an intuitive install wizard​

More One UI to Explore
    • Brief notification lighting (Edge Lighting) with all effects
    • Haptic feedback enabled for Touch, Dialer, Navigation, and Keyboard​
    • Dolby Atmos on speaker​
    • Speech-to-text mode in Samsung Voice Recorder​

More Photo Experiences
    • AR Doodle​
    • Single Take​
    • Fun Mode​
    • Togglable Video Stabilization​
    • Switch cameras while recording video​
    • 1080p120 and 1080p24 in Pro Video mode​
    • Full Pro Photo mode​
    • Shot Suggestions​
    • Full-featured Video Editor​
    • Samsung Story Maker​
    • Photo Remaster​
    • Object Eraser​

OMC Tweaks (for supported OMCs)

• Use "LTE" icon for 4G​
    • Disabled KnoxGuard​
    • Enabled Useful Cards in Messages​
    • Alt Z Life for all regions​
    • Enabled App Lock for all OMCs​
    • Enabled "LTE only" network option​
    • Enabled Call Recording (please observe local regulations)
    • Camera enabled during calls​
    • "Superfine" Camera and Camcorder quality​
    • XTC is used if your OMC is not supported.​

Downloads.png

Get the latest Fresh release for the Samsung Galaxy A50
    Current Version: 4.5.0 (23040901) - Android 12
    Installing a third-party kernel and/or recovery is at your own risk.

Download from the Official Repositories
    Google Drive.png

Buttons not showing up?
    Official Repository

Mirrors:

All Variants (F/G/FN/FM/GN)
    Google Drive.png
    MEGA.png

Buttons not showing up?
    Google Drive Mirror | MEGA Mirror

How to Install.png
    1. Download latest build of Fresh, and chosen addons.
    2. Reboot to custom recovery of choice (TWRP/SHRP).
    3. Flash downloaded Fresh build and follow the instructions in the wizard.
    4. Flash any other stuff you want (Magisk modules, etc.)
    5. Reboot to System.
    6. Set-up your device.
    7. Enjoy!

FAQ.png

Q: What bootloader does this need?
    A: For the best experience, Fresh 4 recommends having a baseband version of CVAx, January 2022 and later. Installing on Android 10 will cause issues, and is not supported.

Q: Do I need to flash anything after installing Fresh?
    A: There is no need! Fresh is already pre-patched. Simply flash all mods you need, as well as data recovery ZIPs (ie. data restore packages) and Reboot to System.

Q: Does X feature work?

A: Yes! Try it for yourself. 😉

Q: How do I update my Fresh installation?
    A: It's very easy! Simply go to Settings, tap Software updates and update away.

Q: Do you track my usage?
    A: Fresh's services include analytics from CloudFlare and Google Analytics in order to optimize them for future releases. No personally-identifiable information is sent to Fresh.

Q: I have more questions

A: Visit the Fresh Wiki here for more information on Fresh's features and more.​
    Changelog.png

4.5.0R (23040901)
    https://tenseventyseven.cf/fresh-45-version-is-just-a-number-now

4.4.2R (22120801)
    https://tenseventyseven.cf/fresh-4-love-your-phone-again

3.2.2S (21072303) - EOL
    https://tenseventyseven.cf/fresh-think-outside-the-box

3.1.2S (21050106) - EOL
    https://tenseventyseven.cf/fresh-3-awesomely-fresh

1.3.1S (21022101) - EOL
    See full changelog:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/freshroms/blog/2021/02/freshroms-13-the-final-cut/

Core
    - Use separate vendors for non-NFC and NFC variants.
    - Update vendor to A505FNXXU6BUA1 (NFC) / A505FDDU6BUA8 (Non-NFC).
    - Update Magisk to 21.4.
    - Fsync and Software CRC Checking is enabled by default to alleviate "data corruption" and data loss concerns.
    - Re-patched mixer_paths and mixer_gains with changes from One UI 2.5. In-call audio is better.

System
    - Performance and battery improvement
    - Removed several Samsung and Google services from the power-saving whitelis
    - Force Google Play Services to "basic attest" SafetyNet. Workaround courtesy of @kdrag0n. Enable MagiskHide to pass SafetyNet.
    - Apply ro.build.fingerprint in build.prop and init.rc.
    - Disable Rescue Party. Courtesy of phhusson and the Phh-Treble Project.
    - Disable strict mode logging. Courtesy of phhusson and the Phh-Treble Project.

Device-specific
    - Fix some Galaxy A50-specific configs from framework. It includes HQM and enabling page boost.
    - Flip Cover support has been (re-)added from stock firmware.

Camera
    - More camera features, including a full-featured Pro and Pro Video modes. Huge thanks to a7hmE1 for making this possible.
    - Fixed Scene Detection/Optimization in Camera.
    - Smart Scan has been added and is tested working.

Apps and Services
    - Lock Screen Stories and Dynamic Lockscreen can now be used at the same time. This is only available for users on INS (India).
    - Added "LTE Only" network option to all OMCs. Please take precaution as a lot of carriers don't have VoLTE services yet, which can cause inability to receive and send phone calls and/or messages.

Thanks To.png

Special Thanks to These People
    • @Yanndroid - pretty much all the custom apps. Thanks man!
    • a7hmE1 - Camera features
    • @AlperSal - pretty much a lot of dumps (xD), and the Discord community.
    • @Subodh.993435 - lots of One UI tweaks
    • @el0xren
    • @hgunduz295
    • @not_const
    • Omar (from the Telegram community) - OMC
    • JuanCarlo15s (from the Telegram community) - OMC
    • SergeiSova (from the Telegram community) - OMC

Testing Community Members over the years
    • Aether
    • Aldykey
    • Alehandro
    • AlperS
    • Amine
    • an-gry0
    • ananlk
    • ashish2002
    • AshPulkit
    • avin
    • cebi
    • CHESTER
    • chropy
    • daynasour
    • Deian
    • Denis1523
    • dr_bianconeri
    • eahulsharma
    • ERICKONIX
    • Equalizer
    • faiyas
    • farahjafrinfj
    • Garry
    • hgunduz295
    • Isokayra Jusa
    • joyusuf
    • JuanCarlo15s
    • kayes
    • KIRA
    • LordArrin
    • Lux Darkus
    • Layns
    • lukasrubiolo12
    • MASTER.Shifu
    • mausfing
    • maverick316
    • MaxVrn36
    • ninja1x
    • osmafuda
    • Paco
    • PearceRC
    • Pein
    • Peter Knecht
    • Piyush1200
    • Project PADORU
    • Rakesh
    • RepcaQ
    • Riju1997
    • Rui
    • roy124
    • Sahi
    • s0lus
    • SC
    • th3ia
    • tomas619
    • V1nex
    • VYSIONARI
    • Well_Silva
    • Xulian
    • Yanndroid
    • youmeus

Localization
    • See Settings > Zest > About Zest > Localization

Mods and Tweaks

And of course, you!

Community.png

Discord.png

Telegram Channel.png

Open Source.png

Mint Kernel
    GNU General Public License v2.0

Device Trees for SHRP Recovery
    Forked from realYukoSky's OrangeFox trees
    Forked from geiti94

Multi-disabler for Samsung Services
    Ian Macdonald (@ianmacd)

Bluetooth Library Patcher
    Arthur Trouillot (@3arthur6)

Fresh System Services
    Developed in collaboration with @Yanndroid
    MIT License

Fresh Software Updates Service (SUS)
    Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

KTweak
    Tyler Nijmeh (@tytydraco)
    GNU General Public License v3.0
    Please. Don't hope custom rom will be perfect like stock rom. The developer spend much time to build it, that is not easy. If you think this rom does not suitable for you, just leave it. I like this rom, if you felt a little lags I can except it because he combined and ported some apps from other Stock ROM to A50. Enjoy!
    i appreciate you.
    I am From INDIA and after installed this rom in my A50 mobile, it's working fine without facing any single problem.
    I clearly mention some bugs to rom developer and i am very sure that he will fix all bugs in next upcoming update.
    Currently not even a single rom developer doing this much effort on their rom but FreshRom developer build a great rom with a lots of flagship features.
    Dear Mr. Rom Developer, i completely support you for your fabulous work and i request you, please ignore some nonsense demands or comments and complete your work as you can do for our A50 mobile.
    I have an advice to everyone, if you guys cannot appreciate FreshRom developer, at least do not stop him at doing something good.