RayOS v1.0 for Samsung Galaxy A52Pretty straight forward, I took OneUI 3.1 firmware, debloated it and added a few features. But I mean very FEW features. Samsung didn't really disable a lot of things on the A52, I'm actually impressed.
I didn't really put a lot of effort into this, I don't think I'll keep it up to date because I am a very lazy person but who knows, stuff hapens.
I will include in the thread the stock A52 August security patch kernel, because Samsung obviously tinkers with it and may include some improvements brought by Samsung themselves. Doubt you'll see custom kernels based on it until Samsung releases the source code (which sometimes takes up to 2 weeks).
Your warranty is now void. * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about flashing this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. HARD!
- Based on August 2021 update (A525FXXU3AUG4)
- Edge Lighting fully enabled
- Smart View fixed
- Theme Store patched for unlimited paid theme trials (thanks to @BlassGO)
- S21 default wallpapers
- Higher audio quality (Disabled DRC, which deeply compresses audio)
- Disabled Samsung Marketing
- High-End Animations (though I don't think this makes a lot of difference)
- Enhanced pocessing (this also probably doesn't do anything, but give it a try)
I decided to show my work so to speak on GitHub. You can see the list of all the apps I removed and all the lines that were added to camera and floating features. Feel free to take a look and make pull requests if you want me to add something on potential future releases.
- You tell me
- 01/August/2021: Release based on August security patch (A525FXXU3AUG4)
- TWRP or OrangeFox for Android 11 installed
- Being unencrypted (recommended)
- Extract RayOS ROM (in .xz format) with an unzip program and copy to internal or external SD card. (Warning: Do this step before even booting to custom recovery. This super img is about 6 GB of size and I believe custom recoveries have a size limit on files you can copy over MTP.)
- Reboot to custom recovery
- Install extracted ROM as "super" image in TWRP
- Install stock kernel as boot (optional)
- Reboot to Recovery
- Format data if you are coming from Stock ROM.
- Flash multidisabler (this is required always)
- Flash Magisk v23.0+ zip or apk (required)
- Reboot and wait patiently
Credits!@SuperR. For his Super R's Kitchen which you can find here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ap...dows-linux-superr-s-kitchen-v3-0-0-0-t3601702
@topjohnwu for Magisk
@geekmaster21 for compiling, updating and maintaining OrangeFox for A52
@BlassGO for his patched theme store
@ Samsung for the firmware
@ To users like you!
If you feel I missed you, please give me a PM so I can add you