RayOS v2.0 for Samsung Galaxy A52Pretty straight forward, I took OneUI 3.1 firmware, debloated it and added a few features. But I mean very FEW features. Samsung didn't really disable a lot of things on the A52, I'm actually impressed.
I didn't really put a lot of effort into this, I don't think I'll keep it up to date because I am a very lazy person but who knows, stuff happens.
I will include the stock kernel for the newest security patches in the thread, because Samsung obviously tinkers with it and may include some improvements brought by Samsung themselves. Doubt you'll see custom kernels based on it until Samsung releases the source code (which sometimes takes up to 2 weeks).
Your warranty is now void. * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about flashing this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. HARD!
- Based on October 2021 update (A525FXXU4AUI3)
- Edge Lighting fully enabled
- Smart View fixed
- S21 default wallpapers
- Higher audio quality (Disabled DRC, which deeply compresses audio)
- Disabled Samsung Marketing
- High-End Animations (though I don't think this makes a lot of difference)
- Enhanced pocessing (this also probably doesn't do anything, but give it a try)
- CSC Features like:
- Stock call recording
- Speed meter on statusbar
- Spam call blocker
- App Lock
- Outdoor mode
- Multiple users in settings
- Secure flag disabled
- Probably more I can't remember...
I decided to show my work so to speak on GitHub. You can see the list of all the apps I removed and all the lines that were added to camera and floating features. Feel free to take a look and make pull requests if you want me to add something on potential future releases.
- You tell me
- Release based on October security patch (A525FXXU4AUI3)
- Added CSC features (call recording, speed meter in status bar, etc...)
- Compressed everything into a single zip (Dynamic Installer)
- Added Outdoor Mode and multiple users in settings
- Optional debloat and modify fp icon from installer
- Samsung added features (RAM plus) and added October kernel (with improvements to camera, according to Samsung)
- 01/August/2021: Release based on August security patch (A525FXXU3AUG4)
- TWRP or OrangeFox for Android 11 installed
- Being unencrypted (recommended)
- Add zip to either internal memory or SD card
- Flash via custom recovery
- Wait a few minutes, pay attention to the screen after 5 minutes, because it will ask you if you want to delete extra apps
- (Recommended) Wipe data so you can begin with a clean installation
- When installation is finished, just reboot to system
- Total installation time can take up to 10 minutes
- Extract RayOS ROM (in .xz format) with an unzip program and copy to internal or external SD card. (Warning: Do this step before even booting to custom recovery. This super img is about 6 GB of size and I believe custom recoveries have a size limit on files you can copy over MTP.)
- Reboot to custom recovery
- Install extracted ROM as "super" image in TWRP
- Install stock kernel as boot (optional)
- Reboot to Recovery
- Format data if you are coming from Stock ROM.
- Flash multidisabler (this is required always)
- Flash Magisk v23.0+ zip or apk (required)
- Reboot and wait patiently
Credits!@SuperR. For his Super R's Kitchen which you can find here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ap...dows-linux-superr-s-kitchen-v3-0-0-0-t3601702
@topjohnwu for Magisk
@geekmaster21 for compiling, updating and maintaining OrangeFox for A52
@BlassGO for dynamic installer, which makes this installation easy. You can find dynamic installer here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ler-stable-3-5-android-10-or-earlier.4279541/
@kirbynx for allowing me to use some aspects of her setup of Dynamic Installer.
@ Samsung for the firmware
@ To users like you!
If you feel I missed you, please give me a PM so I can add you