This release is a huge one, with performance, stability, and security improvements.
- The performance of your device has been improved
- Stability of the operating system has been improved
- Fingerprint security has been updated
- Face recognition has been improved
- The security of your device has been improved
- 'Fun' mode of the camera has been fixed
- Camera processing has been enhanced
- Added image in device information header
I've decided to deploy a full ROM as several testers have experienced issues flashing just a delta update. Full packages are also available on the Fresh website.
Support notice: Support will be unavailable on December 25-26, 2022.
Update directly on your device today
Open Settings, tap Software update, then tap Download and install.
Download latest build of Fresh, and chosen addons.
Reboot to custom recovery of choice (TWRP/SHRP).
Flash downloaded Fresh build and follow the instructions in the wizard.
Flash any other stuff you want (Magisk modules, etc.)
Reboot to System.
Set-up your device.
Q: What bootloader does this need?
A: For the best experience, Fresh 4 recommends having a baseband version of CVAx, January 2022 and later. Installing on Android 10 will cause issues, and is not supported.
Q: Do I need to flash anything after installing Fresh?
A: There is no need! Fresh is already pre-patched. Simply flash all mods you need, as well as data recovery ZIPs (ie. data restore packages) and Reboot to System.
Q: Does X feature work?
A: Yes! Try it for yourself.
Q: How do I update my Fresh installation?
A: It's very easy! Simply go to Settings, tap Software updates and update away.
Q: Do you track my usage?
A: Fresh's services include analytics from CloudFlare and Google Analytics in order to optimize them for future releases. No personally-identifiable information is sent to Fresh.
Q: I have more questions
A: Visit the Fresh Wiki here for more information on Fresh's features and more.
- Use separate vendors for non-NFC and NFC variants.
- Update vendor to A505FNXXU6BUA1 (NFC) / A505FDDU6BUA8 (Non-NFC).
- Update Magisk to 21.4.
- Fsync and Software CRC Checking is enabled by default to alleviate "data corruption" and data loss concerns.
- Re-patched mixer_paths and mixer_gains with changes from One UI 2.5. In-call audio is better.
- Performance and battery improvement
- Removed several Samsung and Google services from the power-saving whitelis
- Force Google Play Services to "basic attest" SafetyNet. Workaround courtesy of @kdrag0n. Enable MagiskHide to pass SafetyNet.
- Apply ro.build.fingerprint in build.prop and init.rc.
- Disable Rescue Party. Courtesy of phhusson and the Phh-Treble Project.
- Disable strict mode logging. Courtesy of phhusson and the Phh-Treble Project.
- Fix some Galaxy A50-specific configs from framework. It includes HQM and enabling page boost.
- Flip Cover support has been (re-)added from stock firmware.
- More camera features, including a full-featured Pro and Pro Video modes. Huge thanks to a7hmE1 for making this possible.
- Fixed Scene Detection/Optimization in Camera.
- Smart Scan has been added and is tested working.
Apps and Services
- Lock Screen Stories and Dynamic Lockscreen can now be used at the same time. This is only available for users on INS (India).
- Added "LTE Only" network option to all OMCs. Please take precaution as a lot of carriers don't have VoLTE services yet, which can cause inability to receive and send phone calls and/or messages.
Special Thanks to These People
@Yanndroid - pretty much all the custom apps. Thanks man!
a7hmE1 - Camera features
@AlperSal - pretty much a lot of dumps (xD), and the Discord community.
FreshROMs 220.127.116.11 is here! See the full changelog here.
On INS, Lock Screen Stories will show up and not work by default, install any My Galaxy addon to use Lock Screen Stories, or use the Lock Screen Stories remover addon if you want to use Dynamic Lock Screen.