Mar 9, 2020
Last edited:

AOWS

Jan 31, 2011
mosul
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
So its cool there in mosul

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

It is now, but It was almost 50°? a few weeks ago.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Hey actually i was talking about the indicator of edge panel...please let me know...sorry again for the inconvenience!
I attached a screenshot..

I am sorry, but there is something wrong with attachments.
I can't view the picture

HYDERAXX

Mar 9, 2020
It is now, but It was almost 50° a few weeks ago.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

I am sorry, but there is something wrong with attachments.
I can't view the picture
Ya ik there is a problem which im not able to solve but i will explain you...when the phone is on homescreen and on the right we have the edge indicator right ...that we have to swipe...i want that indicator to be black..pls check in the edge setting if we can change its color

AOWS

Jan 31, 2011
mosul
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Ya ik there is a problem which im not able to solve but i will explain you...when the phone is on homescreen and on the right we have the edge indicator right ...that we have to swipe...i want that indicator to be black..pls check in the edge setting if we can change its color

I think I got u.
It's black in both normal and dark mode or kinda transparent
There is option to change it's color.

Last edited by a moderator:

Myrmeko

Nov 15, 2014
HTC Leo
HTC Desire 500
There is one issue with this ROM. I don't know if it's because of Phantom Kernel or not, but wireless charging sometimes crashes the phone. Like, when you put it on the wireless charger, the screen goes black and it doesn't go anything unless you force reboot it. Like, 2 out of 3 cases it does this. One thing to mention is that it's not my phone, a friend who doesn't have an XDA account has those issues.

AOWS

Jan 31, 2011
mosul
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
There is one issue with this ROM. I don't know if it's because of Phantom Kernel or not, but wireless charging sometimes crashes the phone. Like, when you put it on the wireless charger, the screen goes black and it doesn't go anything unless you force reboot it. Like, 2 out of 3 cases it does this. One thing to mention is that it's not my phone, a friend who doesn't have an XDA account has those issues.

Just tested it and there is no issue. But I am on the hades kernel which comes wIth the rom. I don't know about Phantom kernel.
So rom with it's kernel is OK.

ricksuc0

Account currently disabled
Apr 26, 2020
GB
meettomy.site
Android 10 o 11 para s8 y s8 +

Hello people, how are you?:laugh:
I would like to ask if anyone knows when the android version 10 or 11 for s8 and s8 plus will come out, someone would help me with that as I do not speak English, it is a bit difficult for me to understand and orient myself in the forum.It would be great to help me thanks

Last edited:

adityadr

Jun 9, 2017
bandung
after finishing this flash rom, there is red writing like this
umount -f /system process ended with ERROR: 1
mount -w /system process ended with ERROR: 255

is this ok?

cknood

Mar 9, 2017
Hello guys. I just installed Hades v12, everything working fine. But i don't like Dual speaker mod. Is there anyway to change it to single speaker?

nguoikhongmangho

Feb 26, 2017
Update secutity for this Rom please! Don't let it go into the past, don't let your work be forgotten, this rom is very good so you need your continued support, you've done a great job but we need you to do better than that, please try keep trying...

Update secutity for this Rom please! Don't let it go into the past, don't let your work be forgotten, this rom is very good so you need your continued support, you've done a great job but we need you to do better than that, please try keep trying...

I read on the Telegram channel that they have been working on bringing us an Android 10 with oneUI 2.5 rom, which will hopefully been released later this month, but also that a new update to this rom itself may get an update too for those who want 100% bugless rom. Hang tight good things are coming :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

xpROhLq.png

Some personal thoughts:
    - you should read at least install instructions stated in this post - i won`t offer support for any issues regarding installation - for extra questions read #4 post;
    - press 'Thanks' button instead of saying it - it will keep the thread clean and keep me motivated to do more;
    - if you like my work and want to support the development, you can always send me some pizza/coffee/drugs/drinks or anything else via paypal;
    - if you take any of my work without my permission i'll report you, and you'll probably get banned.

Rom Features
    Only for G950F / G950FD / G950N / G955F / G955FD / G955N / N950F / N950FD / N950N
    • Android 9.0.0
    • Full N950FXXS9DTA1 February release
    • Proper S8/S8+ integration with files from G95*FXXS7DTA6 - February release
    • February security patch
    • Heavy debloated/deknoxed
    • Aroma Installer
      - selectable wipe
      - official twrp flash
      - selectable mods
      - selectable sound features
      - selectable csc
      - selectable csc features
      - selectable bixby key behavior
      - selectable GoodLock apps
      - selectable bloatware
    • RMM prepatched (more info about RMM here)
    • S10+ Bixby (Voice, Routines), Edge service, Sounds (Aroma selectable), multiple wallpaper feature (Aroma selectable)
    • Selectable Edge Features (light edge/full edge/no edge)
    • Samsung AppLock, ScreenRecorder, DigitalWellbeing, Dynamic Lockscreen, Secure Wifi, Call blocking app, BikeMode (Aroma selectable)
    • hadesRom custom bootanimation (Aroma selectable)
    • S10+ Adaptive Power Saving
    • S10+ Gallery Image Tagger
    • Secure Folder
    • DEX with any hdmi adapter (only with hadesKernel)
    • LinuxOnDex support (only with hadesKernel)
    • GoodLock apps (Aroma selectable)
    • Smart Manager from Chinese S9 (Includes Samsung Package Installer)
    • Yuva features (UsbBackup, SPowerPlanning, SProtect, Ultra Data Saving, Memory Saver and Samsung Max)
    • Few Android 10 apps
    • patched Dual Messenger for all user apps
    • patched Samsung Internet for secure mode
    • Bixby Key remapping
    • Dual speaker mod
    • Dolby Game Mode
    • Dolby on speaker
    • Increased headphones volume (for better handling of SoundAlive bass with Dolby Atmos)
    • Patched liboemcrypto for Netflix
    • 1120 Fonts Mod
    • AdAway and Youtube Vanced
    • Duos + sdCard Patch (this brings lag, use it only if needed)
    • Disabled high brightness warning
    • Disabled safe volume warning
    • Long press on reboot toggle for going into recovery
    • Patched settings to show status Official
    • Enabled some csc features (Extra toggles, call record, statusbar network speed etc.
    • Removed extra OMC bloatware (keyboard languages & handwriting recognition data)
    • hadesKernel

Installation steps
    • Make sure you have TWRP 3.3.x installed (download latest official for Note8 or S8/S8+, install instructions here)
    • Make sure your phone is charged to at least 70%.
    • Download the ROM, and transfer to your phone / external SD card if you have encryption active
    • Make sure OEM Unlock is on in developer settings
    • Boot the phone into TWRP
    • Do a FULL wipe: Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data, System
      - If you come from stock rom, probably encryption is active, you need to format data partition in twrp-wipe menu
    • Flash rom and boot (first boot can take 15-20 min)
    • uncheck diagnostic data in setting wizard

How about bugs?
    Please first take a look at FAQ in #4 post for further issues/workarounds.
    • knox related features won't work (Samsung Pay, Pass etc.)
    • none other encountered
    Credits
    @Noxxxious
    Rayan Refoua (@Rrs_hidden)
    @ananjaser1211
    @AbrahamGC
    @Grouxho
    @Sannoc69
    @thereassaad
    @yash92duster
    @PerfectSlayer
    @khongloi113
    @nm111
    @BlackMesa123
    @SuperR.
    @Winb33
    @Dante63
    @henklbr
    @OnikdudeX
    Abhijeet - sammobile
    @cobrax05
    testers & donors
    *please pm me if i forgot someone

XDA:DevDB Information
    hadesRom, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)

Contributors
    corsicanu
    Source Code: https://github.com/corsicanu/android_kernel_samsung_universal8895

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: Samsung Experience

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v12.0
    Stable Release Date: 2020-03-02

Created 2019-01-15
    Last Updated 2020-03-02
    FAQ
    Q: Phone is showing YYY model but my phone is ZZZ model, is that normal?
    A: Yes, that is very normal and very intented. Do not change it or you will break features.

Q: How to revert back to Oreo?
    A1: Download Oreo modem and bootloader from here, flash as normal zip in twrp and flash the Oreo rom of choice.
    A2: Download full stock Oreo firmware for your region and flash it with Odin v3.13.*.

Q: Why OEM toggle is missing in this rom?
    A: I disabled it to be sure nobody gets locked by mistake.

Q: Magisk app not showing, what to do?
    A: Download latest Magisk Manager from here and install as normal app.

Q: My phone shows locked because "Payment services was uninstalled without authorization", how to get rid of it?
    A: Unfortunately you need to reflash rom, no wipe needed. Also don't try to debloat the rom again or you will have same issue.

Q: Installation failed, what to do now?
    A: First of all make sure you have the official twrp. If the probelm persists try to redownload the zip and/or select less things in Aroma installer. If you still have the problem, probably your device is not supported.

Q: How to report bugs?
    A: If you want to report a bug make sure you include:
    -device variant / modem version / bootloader version / region
    -detailed info about the encountered issue
    -steps to reproduce the bug
    -logs

Q: How to take logs?
    A: Download Logcat Extreme and take a look at this.

Q: TWRP can't mount data partition, what to do?
    A: Make sure you formatted data partition if your previous rom was stock.

Q: Phone is not booting even after 20 minutes?
    A: Try to reboot. If still not booting, make sure you formatted data partition if your previous rom was stock.

Q: How to format data partition?
    A:
    ymlnQUE.jpg

Q: Phone is asking to reboot because sim changed, what should i do?
    A: Reboot once and see if it appears again. If yes reboot again.

Q: Phone asks to wipe data because operator changed, should i wipe?
    A: Try to cancel and just reboot. If you can't do that or the popup still appear, reflash the rom and wipe in Aroma installer.

Q: GPS not finding my location, what to do?
    A: Install GPS Test, enable location services from settings, go outside and wait for 20 minutes.
    Reserved

Screenshots:
    Didn't had time to upload separate screenshots, bulk uploaded on imgur - check them in the link below
    https://imgur.com/a/fQqDu0e
    Been a while since i didn't write anything to these threads so i'm gonna shoot it now.
    First of all i would like to thank all the donators, followers, lurkers and haters of my projects for 8895 series, without all of you nothing would have been possible.

I've been busy lately with personal life and with other projects that i couldn't find time to come and read here all that was posted and neither to post some inside infos, i can't guarantee i will be here in the future on a daily basis but i know most of the things from telegram where people drawn my attention if core things surface, and people from telegram know all my progress since i write there whenever i can. I also rather prefer to work on something than answer all the questions i receive, which most are redundant/already answered questions.

Yes i still work on this platform, most likely my Note8 is the most pleasant device to dev for, i have projects ongoing and i didn't forget about it. As many of you already know from this post, i ported indeed Android 10 for my Note 8 at first and yes, i will support S8/S8+ including Korean (N) devices in the future without any trace of doubt as soon as i sort all the things out on my Note8. For the past 2 months since i first booted i've been working on narrowing down the buglist.

For the moment only things not working on Android 10 are stock camera, face/iris recognition since both of them are camera related and flac/hdr video playback (codec related), maybe some other things are screwed too, this is what i noticed in my own tests. As working list i have many things including and not limited to wifi, nfc, sensors, pen, fingerprint, gps, sound, hwcomposer, camera on 3rd party cams (gcam, opencamera), sim and related (calls/text/data), other ported things like DexOnPc feature seenable here and here and the list can go on, maybe there are working things that i didn't even thought about them.

Disregarding the stated bugs and working list, we (me, ananjaser1211, morogoku, ivanmeler) have other 3rd party issues which we trying to sort but they might never get fixed. Since we aren't booting sw made for our board/device we need to force SELinux to Permissive state in order to accept hals conflicts and allow it to boot. The problem with Permissive is that it can't be rooted because Samsung init has conflicts with Magisk and Permissive state and it gets stuck at splash. So the current options are to use Permissive without root and everything will work as should, or switch to Enforcing state and never properly boot again (which i don't really consider an option). Ofc there are some ways like always, but the workarounds are not as good as a full Permissive state and they cause bootloops, random reboots and things not working. Coming back to the first mentioned - Permissive and Magisk don't get along - without Magisk a Permissive kernel will boot without any kinds of issues. We have an issue reported on Magisk github seenable here, but it doesn't really seem that it will get any attention, which leads me to the conclusion that any kind of Android 10 ports, for a phone that didn't got Android 10 from Samsung, will not have Magisk support given the fact that Enforcing kernel isn't booting. I'm not trying to rant, i don't blame Magisk for the issue (this is more likely caused by extra security coming from Samsung), i'm just trying to simply state some facts.

Nevertheless, it will take a more time because of board differences translated in sw that can't be ported, but i am not giving up on it and for sure something will get released at some point in the future, with or without Magisk support. Please understand this can take 1 week or 3 months more, for those who don't know this port took me 2 months to have a decent state for a release with lot less features than Note8 has and can handle, or this who took 5 months to get in a 95% working state.

A word on the other projects on this device/platform, this rom hasn't reach yet EOL just that i didn't had what to add, as you can notice on samfrew even the february security patch has same changelist as v11.1 release so it wouldn't be much of a change. However i am working on an update of rom and kernel and will try to deliver it next week. Regarding treble and its threads, i will reopen them in the near future and hopefully i'll find some time to update the vendor a bit to adapt to Android 10 gsis, or post a separate vendor just for Android 10, will think about it furtherly. On a side note i'm also working on updating TWRP trees and build to Android 9 build along with Pie kernel, hopefully compatible with encryption on aosp and maybe on other setups

Thanks again to all of you here, sit tight and enjoy pie while i try to get things sorted. Also don't forget if you like my work and want to support developement you can always send me some pizza/coffee/drugs/drinks or anything else via paypal.me/corsicanu

TL;DR - Android 10 is not coming anytime soon and most likely it will not have Magisk support, sorry.
    I'm still working for this platform - new PIE rom/kernel to come next week, treble to get updated in the future, no ETA, i will post further info by the time i will have.

Regards.