[ROM][OneUI] hadesRom Pie Stock v12.0 for S8/S8+/Note8 Exynos [03.03.2020]

Search This thread

kIERO's

Jan 9, 2012
Is there a way to revert the Dual Speaker mod, easy?

I'm looking through the files but it seems complicated.

sensirou

Nov 13, 2012
hi everyone. this rom is better than light rom and sakura. im using v15 and a2n kernel release version, but my hktweats app doesnt apply new settings. it auto turns back immediately.
how can i fix this issues please?

kvasimodo

Dec 18, 2018
hi everyone. this rom is better than light rom and sakura. im using v15 and a2n kernel release version, but my hktweats app doesnt apply new settings. it auto turns back immediately.
how can i fix this issues please?
You have to download and pay for the A2n kernel control app in the play store! It's the A2n kernel control app! Nothing else will work for you.
And you also write about hadesrom v15! Are you sure it's v15? I don't know that version.

Last edited:

Losseni

May 23, 2022
Bonsoir s'il vous plaît aidez moi mon s8 n'affiche plus option OEM encore

Attachments

• IMG_20220517_074910_6.jpg
    IMG_20220517_074910_6.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 69

Losseni

May 23, 2022
Bonsoir s'il vous plaît, mon s8 G950N n'affiche plus option OEM. Cependant est-ce je peux installer cette rom avec twrp recovery ?

Losseni

May 23, 2022
Je souhaiterais installer cette rom mais mon s8 G950N n'affiche plus option OEM. J'ai changé la date fatigué mais n'affiche toujours pas.

Quand je rentre Odin pour flashé la rom je reçois cette message { System rev ... string } et rien ne passe mais twrp recovery j'ai pus installer un autre rom hadesRom_Q_OneUI_v3.0_8895-FUK2.zip pour pouvoir utiliser mon téléphone mais je veux revenir au version 9.0 pie. Est-ce possible d'installer la rom en question avec twrp recovery ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220523-182806_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220523-182806_Settings.jpg
    687 KB · Views: 131

berndbb

Mar 23, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S8
Je souhaiterais installer cette rom mais mon s8 G950N n'affiche plus option OEM
I understood that the OEM option isn't available at purpose. The developers want to make sure that no one disables it by mistake and get an unbootable phone this way.
If you have Hades 3.0 running, your bootloader should already be unlooked to my understandings.

mais je veux revenir au version 9.0 pie.
Downgrading to 9.0, meaning Hades v12 can be done, if possible at all, by a so called clean install. You have to try the method of installation described in the first Post here which describes what to to when coming from a non-Hades rom. This step is surely crucial.
  • Do a FULL wipe: Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data, System
    - If you come from stock rom, probably encryption is active, you need to format data partition in twrp-wipe menu
But I never tried myself, so no responsibility taken from my side. Have fun and good luck!

You may want to tell us what makes you want to downgrade?

shrewen

Nov 21, 2012
I've installed this rom and selected the Q keyboard, got 2 keyboard languages added without flashing the language addons zip, only thing was missing are the English keyboard suggestions, the Arabic keyboard was fine, then I flashed the language addons zip, English keyboard suggestions were restored, but I lost the Arabic suggestions, any thoughts to how I could fix this?

itseggious

Jan 17, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S8
Just would like to check a couple of things before I flash as it's my only device!
Want to flash this coming from Havoc v4.x Android 11
Baseband - G950FXXUCDUD1
Bootloader - G950FXXSBDUA3

Do I need to update using one of the bootloader and modem zips first? And there shouldn't be any downgrading issue or anything?

I need to start using Dex as my laptop just died so just checking steps as I won't have access to Odin but TWRP is already on the phone

favas0

Apr 30, 2010
I installed v12 rom and followed instructions but bootlooping on samsung logo. s8+ FD variant.

Last edited:

berndbb

Mar 23, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S8
Last edited:

berndbb

Mar 23, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S8
I installed v12 rom and followed instructions but bootlooping on samsung logo. s8+ FD variant.
So probably you missed something.

I fear you have to restart again, e.g.:

Would suggest you revert to stock:
1. Go to Sammobile.com and choose your country
2. Download the file and download Odin ver 3.12.7
3. Put your phone into download mode
4. Make sure your pc can detect your phone in Odin
5. When the box in Odin turns blue, add the AP file to AP tab, BL file to BL tab, CP file to CP tab and CSC_HOME to CSC tab
6. Hit start and wait until it is finished.
7. Reboot and you have a stock rom again

Maybe this youtube-video gives some inspiration for further steps:
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP & MAGISK ROOT on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ | UPDATE 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

xpROhLq.png

Some personal thoughts:
    - you should read at least install instructions stated in this post - i won`t offer support for any issues regarding installation - for extra questions read #4 post;
    - press 'Thanks' button instead of saying it - it will keep the thread clean and keep me motivated to do more;
    - if you like my work and want to support the development, you can always send me some pizza/coffee/drugs/drinks or anything else via paypal;
    - if you take any of my work without my permission i'll report you, and you'll probably get banned.

Rom Features
    Only for G950F / G950FD / G950N / G955F / G955FD / G955N / N950F / N950FD / N950N
    • Android 9.0.0
    • Full N950FXXS9DTA1 February release
    • Proper S8/S8+ integration with files from G95*FXXS7DTA6 - February release
    • February security patch
    • Heavy debloated/deknoxed
    • Aroma Installer
      - selectable wipe
      - official twrp flash
      - selectable mods
      - selectable sound features
      - selectable csc
      - selectable csc features
      - selectable bixby key behavior
      - selectable GoodLock apps
      - selectable bloatware
    • RMM prepatched (more info about RMM here)
    • S10+ Bixby (Voice, Routines), Edge service, Sounds (Aroma selectable), multiple wallpaper feature (Aroma selectable)
    • Selectable Edge Features (light edge/full edge/no edge)
    • Samsung AppLock, ScreenRecorder, DigitalWellbeing, Dynamic Lockscreen, Secure Wifi, Call blocking app, BikeMode (Aroma selectable)
    • hadesRom custom bootanimation (Aroma selectable)
    • S10+ Adaptive Power Saving
    • S10+ Gallery Image Tagger
    • Secure Folder
    • DEX with any hdmi adapter (only with hadesKernel)
    • LinuxOnDex support (only with hadesKernel)
    • GoodLock apps (Aroma selectable)
    • Smart Manager from Chinese S9 (Includes Samsung Package Installer)
    • Yuva features (UsbBackup, SPowerPlanning, SProtect, Ultra Data Saving, Memory Saver and Samsung Max)
    • Few Android 10 apps
    • patched Dual Messenger for all user apps
    • patched Samsung Internet for secure mode
    • Bixby Key remapping
    • Dual speaker mod
    • Dolby Game Mode
    • Dolby on speaker
    • Increased headphones volume (for better handling of SoundAlive bass with Dolby Atmos)
    • Patched liboemcrypto for Netflix
    • 1120 Fonts Mod
    • AdAway and Youtube Vanced
    • Duos + sdCard Patch (this brings lag, use it only if needed)
    • Disabled high brightness warning
    • Disabled safe volume warning
    • Long press on reboot toggle for going into recovery
    • Patched settings to show status Official
    • Enabled some csc features (Extra toggles, call record, statusbar network speed etc.
    • Removed extra OMC bloatware (keyboard languages & handwriting recognition data)
    • hadesKernel

Installation steps
    • Make sure you have TWRP 3.3.x installed (download latest official for Note8 or S8/S8+, install instructions here)
    • Make sure your phone is charged to at least 70%.
    • Download the ROM, and transfer to your phone / external SD card if you have encryption active
    • Make sure OEM Unlock is on in developer settings
    • Boot the phone into TWRP
    • Do a FULL wipe: Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data, System
      - If you come from stock rom, probably encryption is active, you need to format data partition in twrp-wipe menu
    • Flash rom and boot (first boot can take 15-20 min)
    • uncheck diagnostic data in setting wizard

How about bugs?
    Please first take a look at FAQ in #4 post for further issues/workarounds.
    • knox related features won't work (Samsung Pay, Pass etc.)
    • none other encountered
    Credits
    @Noxxxious
    Rayan Refoua (@Rrs_hidden)
    @ananjaser1211
    @AbrahamGC
    @Grouxho
    @Sannoc69
    @thereassaad
    @yash92duster
    @PerfectSlayer
    @khongloi113
    @nm111
    @BlackMesa123
    @SuperR.
    @Winb33
    @Dante63
    @henklbr
    @OnikdudeX
    Abhijeet - sammobile
    @cobrax05
    testers & donors
    *please pm me if i forgot someone

XDA:DevDB Information
    hadesRom, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
    corsicanu
    Source Code: https://github.com/corsicanu/android_kernel_samsung_universal8895

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: Samsung Experience

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v12.0
    Stable Release Date: 2020-03-02

Created 2019-01-20
    Last Updated 2020-03-02
    Been a while since i didn't write anything to these threads so i'm gonna shoot it now.
    First of all i would like to thank all the donators, followers, lurkers and haters of my projects for 8895 series, without all of you nothing would have been possible.

I've been busy lately with personal life and with other projects that i couldn't find time to come and read here all that was posted and neither to post some inside infos, i can't guarantee i will be here in the future on a daily basis but i know most of the things from telegram where people drawn my attention if core things surface, and people from telegram know all my progress since i write there whenever i can. I also rather prefer to work on something than answer all the questions i receive, which most are redundant/already answered questions.

Yes i still work on this platform, most likely my Note8 is the most pleasant device to dev for, i have projects ongoing and i didn't forget about it. As many of you already know from this post, i ported indeed Android 10 for my Note 8 at first and yes, i will support S8/S8+ including Korean (N) devices in the future without any trace of doubt as soon as i sort all the things out on my Note8. For the past 2 months since i first booted i've been working on narrowing down the buglist.

For the moment only things not working on Android 10 are stock camera, face/iris recognition since both of them are camera related and flac/hdr video playback (codec related), maybe some other things are screwed too, this is what i noticed in my own tests. As working list i have many things including and not limited to wifi, nfc, sensors, pen, fingerprint, gps, sound, hwcomposer, camera on 3rd party cams (gcam, opencamera), sim and related (calls/text/data), other ported things like DexOnPc feature seenable here and here and the list can go on, maybe there are working things that i didn't even thought about them.

Disregarding the stated bugs and working list, we (me, ananjaser1211, morogoku, ivanmeler) have other 3rd party issues which we trying to sort but they might never get fixed. Since we aren't booting sw made for our board/device we need to force SELinux to Permissive state in order to accept hals conflicts and allow it to boot. The problem with Permissive is that it can't be rooted because Samsung init has conflicts with Magisk and Permissive state and it gets stuck at splash. So the current options are to use Permissive without root and everything will work as should, or switch to Enforcing state and never properly boot again (which i don't really consider an option). Ofc there are some ways like always, but the workarounds are not as good as a full Permissive state and they cause bootloops, random reboots and things not working. Coming back to the first mentioned - Permissive and Magisk don't get along - without Magisk a Permissive kernel will boot without any kinds of issues. We have an issue reported on Magisk github seenable here, but it doesn't really seem that it will get any attention, which leads me to the conclusion that any kind of Android 10 ports, for a phone that didn't got Android 10 from Samsung, will not have Magisk support given the fact that Enforcing kernel isn't booting. I'm not trying to rant, i don't blame Magisk for the issue (this is more likely caused by extra security coming from Samsung), i'm just trying to simply state some facts.

Nevertheless, it will take a more time because of board differences translated in sw that can't be ported, but i am not giving up on it and for sure something will get released at some point in the future, with or without Magisk support. Please understand this can take 1 week or 3 months more, for those who don't know this port took me 2 months to have a decent state for a release with lot less features than Note8 has and can handle, or this who took 5 months to get in a 95% working state.

A word on the other projects on this device/platform, this rom hasn't reach yet EOL just that i didn't had what to add, as you can notice on samfrew even the february security patch has same changelist as v11.1 release so it wouldn't be much of a change. However i am working on an update of rom and kernel and will try to deliver it next week. Regarding treble and its threads, i will reopen them in the near future and hopefully i'll find some time to update the vendor a bit to adapt to Android 10 gsis, or post a separate vendor just for Android 10, will think about it furtherly. On a side note i'm also working on updating TWRP trees and build to Android 9 build along with Pie kernel, hopefully compatible with encryption on aosp and maybe on other setups

Thanks again to all of you here, sit tight and enjoy pie while i try to get things sorted. Also don't forget if you like my work and want to support developement you can always send me some pizza/coffee/drugs/drinks or anything else via paypal.me/corsicanu

TL;DR - Android 10 is not coming anytime soon and most likely it will not have Magisk support, sorry.
    I'm still working for this platform - new PIE rom/kernel to come next week, treble to get updated in the future, no ETA, i will post further info by the time i will have.

Regards.
    hadesRom v12.0 Pie S8/S8+/Note8
    Current changelog:
    • Rebased to N950FXXS9DTA1 - February security patch
    • Updated S8/S8+ files to G95*FXXS7DTA6 - February release
    • Fully integrated previous mods and features
    • Added new bootanimation
    • Updated Aroma installer theme
    • Updated GoodLock apps
    • Updated Samsung bloatware
    • Updated most of Android 10 apps
    • Updated Android 10 fonts and emojis
    • Updated hadesKernel to v1.5
    Install instructions:
    • make at least a backup of sms messages, calendar events and clock alarms using SmartSwitch
    • coming from previous versions of hadesRom, flash as normal zip, no wipe needed, optional - restore sms/events/alarms backup made earlier
    • coming from any other rom - check first post install instructions.
    Bugs:
    • none encountered - make sure you read the notes
    Personal notes:
    • Make at least a backup of sms messages, calendar events and clock alarms using SmartSwitch before flashing the rom.
    • For S8(+) users - select less bloatware in Aroma Installer, specially apps that you can install later, your system partition is smaller and installer will crash, so nothing will get properly flashed and your phone might not boot again.
    • If any of Android 10 apps (Clock, Calendar, Keyboard, Weather, Messages, MyFiles) are crashing - clear app data and restore SmartSwitch backup made earlier.
    • For Android 10 keyboard not all the languages can be downloaded, if you have issues downloading languages, reflash the rom and unselect Android 10 keyboard.
    • Secure Folder might need a clean flash to work.
    • Because of kernel being insecure you might need to re-pair bluetooth devices and forget/reconnect saved wifi networks, this is one time only and some of you already know it since they flashed other custom kernels.
    • If you like my work and want to support the development, you can always send me some pizza/coffee/drugs/drinks or anything else via paypal.me/corsicanu.
    Download:

• MD5: 3950cabc0f9665483eccabad2baf9d8c
    • Mega
    • Google Drive
    • AndroidFileHost
    • DigiStorage
      *note that i am using link shortening services for statistics, by downloading the rom using the links provided you agree with this
    Misc links
    Regards!
    hadesRom v9.0 Pie S8/S8+/Note8
    Changelog:
    • Rebased to N950FXXS7DSG1 - July security patch
    • Updated S8/S8+ files to G95*FXXU5DSFB - July release
    • Fully integrated previous mods and features
    • Fixed DEX
    • Fixed Font selection in Aroma
    • Fixed some density issues on S8
    • Updated hadesKernel to v1.3
    • Updated & patched Samsung Internet (9.4.00.45)
    • Updated ClockFace (1.1.00.3)
    • Updated Samsung Music (16.2.18.2)
    • Updated Samsung Video Library (1.4.12.5)
    • Updated Samsung Voice Recorder (21.1.04.11)
    • Updated Samsung Email (6.0.03.20)
    • Updated Samsung Calculator (10.0.03.13)
    • Updated Samsung Digital Wellbeing from latest S10+ firmware
    Install instructions:
    • coming from previous versions of hadesRom, flash as normal zip, wipe only cache/dalvik from TWRP.
    • coming from any other rom - check first post install instructions.
    Bugs:
    • none encountered
    Download:
    Misc links
    Personal notes:
    • Make sure you backup everything before flashing, things might not work as expected.
    • Because of kernel being insecure you might need to re-pair bluetooth devices and forget/reconnect saved wifi networks, this is one time only and some of you already know it since they flashed other custom kernels.
    Regards!