- Sep 30, 2012
Yeah it was set to prompt initially, then I even tried setting it too allow, no difference.
So if I do a upgrade install, then titanium will still work as long as its installed and activated on previous version? I did a clean install last time.Yep, I can confirm something is wrong with root. Apps that were already installed that need root are no problem (root explorer, titanium backup etc) but trying to install new apps that need root is impossible and tells me I'm not rooted (when I am)
I had the same issue. After clean install magisk itself is working, but it isnt showing any root prompts. Doesnt matter what app. Testet nearly Every root App that i have had on other Roms. I thought about using another Version of magisk, so in magisk Manager i chose to download v 20.1. I used direct install. After that magisk Manager always Shows that it is Not installed. IT Doesnt matter if i go to recovery and choose reboot rec. Or of i use Button combo. Magisk is lost after downgrade tryThere is definitely something wrong with the root. Magisk says that root is installed and activated but it's not giving any prompts whatsoever. Had to reflash earlier rom @corsicanu
I had the same issue. After clean install magisk itself is working, but it isnt showing any root prompts. Doesnt matter what app. Testet nearly Every root App that i have had on other Roms. I thought about using another Version of magisk, so in magisk Manager i chose to download v 20.1. I used direct install. After that magisk Manager always Shows that it is Not installed. IT Doesnt matter if i go to recovery and choose reboot rec. Or of i use Button combo. Magisk is lost after downgrade try
Did you try to restert to twrp after flashing magisk root zip file? Try that.. Good luck
Installing Magisk manager canary version fixes the problem see above posts
Yes thank you. This was the Trick canary Manager installed and everything is working wonderfulInstalling Magisk manager canary version fixes the problem see above posts
Thanks for your feedback concerning Canary version of Magisk
I did so, even uninstalled any previous versions but still no working Magisk version on my device nor root...
Can you please explain me how we can step by step fix this root issue?.
Also my phone is recognized as G975F
Thanks in advance
hadesKernel v1.1 changelog:
- Rebased to G975FXXU3ASK1 - November security patch
- Updated S10(e) files to G97*FXXU3ASK1 - November release
- Fully integrated previous mods and features
- Updated Magisk patched TWRP files to 20.2-474cc7d5 (20107)
- Updated ClockFace (1.1.00.4)
- Updated Samsung Music (22.214.171.124)
- Updated Samsung Video Library (126.96.36.199)
- Updated Samsung Calculator (10.1.10.20)
- Updated Samsung Email (188.8.131.52)
- Updated Samsung Voice Recorder (21.2.00.40)
- Updated & patched Samsung Internet (11.0.00.73)
v2.0 (unreleased) changelog:
- merged G97*FXXS3ASJG, november source
- added maple io scheduler
- enabled deadline io scheduler
- disabled kernel samepage merging
- Rebased to G975FXXS3ASJG - November security patch
- Updated S10(e) files to G97*FXXS3ASJG - November release
- Fully integrated previous mods and features
- Added back Android 9 apps as default, Android 10 apps are now Aroma Selectable
- Added Android 10 fonts and emojis (Samsung and AOSP)
- Added Samsung Daily (Android 10 Bixby Home)
- Updated AdAway (4.3.0)
- Updated EdgeLighting+ (1.0.25)
- Updated MultiStar (2.5.02)
- Updated NavStar (1.0.00.16)
- Updated Nice Catch (1.0.03.1)
- Updated Task Changer (2.7.00.0)
- Updated Samsung Email (184.108.40.206)
- Updated Samsung Calculator (10.1.10.8)
- Updated Samsung Video Library (220.127.116.11)
- Updated & patched Samsung Internet (11.0.00.55)
- Patched TouchWiz Launcher for 8 icons dock
- Fixed the scripts wipe of Call of Duty
- Make sure you have compatible TWRP installed - downloads and instructions here
- Download the ROM, and transfer to your phone / external SD card
- Boot the phone into TWRP
- Flash downloaded zip
- coming from previous hadesRom, no wipe is needed
- coming from any other setup than hadesRom, full wipe is mandatory - Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data (or select wipe in Aroma options)
- Use reboot recovery button to boot up rooted
- Optional - update magisk via direct install after booting up
- Optional (F variant only) - download and flash ASK1 modem/bootloader zip and flash it in TWRP as any other zip
- none encountered - make sure you read the notes
- For S10e users having problems with fingerprint reader - if you updated fingerprint you will need a full wipe to revert that, sorry, but if you didn't update - you will never be prompted again to update it (i disabled the service).
- Make sure you backup everything before flashing, things might not work as expected.
- Make at least a backup of sms messages, calendar events and clock alarms using SmartSwitch before flashing the rom.
- If any of Android 10 apps (Clock, Calendar, Keyboard, Weather, Messages, MyFiles) are crashing - clear app data and restore SmartSwitch backup made earlier.
- For Android 10 keyboard not all the languages can be downloaded, if you have issues downloading languages, reflash the rom and unselect Android 10 keyboard.
- If you like my work and want to support the development, you can always send me some pizza/coffee/drugs/drinks or anything else via paypal.me/corsicanu.
*note that i am using link shortening services for statistics, by downloading the rom using the links provided you agree with this