I hope he gets lucky. This new f#$kin# system is a pain in the grass. I moved from beyond rom, followed instructions, flashed the proper twrp and I ended up in boot loop. I had to start from cero, flashed the latest firmware with the AP patched (john wu instructions). Once in the firmware was rooted and with twrp, I flashed hades rom following step by step (including twrp sugested, wich was the same version I had when rooted the firmware.) After all it worked.I Think you need only the Patched twrp Img From Op
Reboot in recovery and Install the rom
HI, good work, thks,
I have a rooted s10 with twrp , do i have to re-flash the twrp and the magisk patched file ? thks
I hope he gets lucky. This new f#$kin# system is a pain in the grass. I moved from beyond rom, followed instructions, flashed the proper twrp and I ended up in boot loop. I had to start from cero, flashed the latest firmware with the AP patched (john wu instructions). Once in the firmware was rooted and with twrp, I flashed hades rom following step by step (including twrp sugested, wich was the same version I had when rooted the firmware.) After all it worked.
First off all, thanks for the great work ?
I've managed to install everything according to the instructions, but for the life of me i can't seem to manage and make magisk work..
Installing the modded twrp magisk image seems to work, but it doesn't root
Nor does trying to install v20 zip through twrp (or doing both), the installation seemingly is succesful but after rebooting magisk manager still says it's not installed, and checking with any root checker says the device isn't rooted..
What am i doing wrong?
To whomever gets stuck on a bootloop - downloading the latest firmware and uploading through Odin and Download Mode (and effictively updating the security patch to September and using the appropriately ASIG files thereafter) fixed it for me.
are you rebooting using the 3 button method?
how do you reboot from twrp?
You did not read carefully, to boot rooted you can do it from buttons combo or from twrp reboot menu:Well, i used power+vol down or through the menu, but now i read somewhere to boot root you need to hold power+bixby+vol up (like you boot to recovery) but then when the screen pops up you release all the buttons..
I'll try that as soon as i get home,
Exactly what i had, bootloop, now i'm stuck with it, and i must restart from zero!!
You did not read carefully, to boot rooted you can do it from buttons combo or from twrp reboot menu:
Button combo - press the buttons like you do to boot to twrp but at the moment the phone start to boot release all buttons if you keep pressing vol up you will boot to recovery
Twrp - once in twrp recovery go to reboot menu and tap the option to reboot to recovery and it's done. Don't press anything just let it boot
Edit: Maybe i am not getting it. what do you mean with "when the screen pops up"?
---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------
What did you do exactly ?
Your Device was decrypted and all the security problems disabled?
Twrp was already installed?
Wiped data? (Twrp data wipes don't wipes your internal storage)
If you had twrp, magisk, flashed ianmacd's multidisabler and followed step by step, did you booted the rom as the first time after root? Did you had any other mods?
As far I know it's impossible to reboot to recovery without volume up button intervention.i dont know what i did wrong but whenever i select reboot recovery phone boots to the recovery partition instead of the rooted rom
As far I know it's impossible to reboot to recovery without volume up button intervention.
That's how it is by design.
Edit: NM, didn't understand the question well.
hadesKernel v1.1 changelog:
- Rebased to G975FXXU3ASK1 - November security patch
- Updated S10(e) files to G97*FXXU3ASK1 - November release
- Fully integrated previous mods and features
- Updated Magisk patched TWRP files to 20.2-474cc7d5 (20107)
- Updated ClockFace (1.1.00.4)
- Updated Samsung Music (22.214.171.124)
- Updated Samsung Video Library (126.96.36.199)
- Updated Samsung Calculator (10.1.10.20)
- Updated Samsung Email (188.8.131.52)
- Updated Samsung Voice Recorder (21.2.00.40)
- Updated & patched Samsung Internet (11.0.00.73)
v2.0 (unreleased) changelog:
- merged G97*FXXS3ASJG, november source
- added maple io scheduler
- enabled deadline io scheduler
- disabled kernel samepage merging
- Rebased to G975FXXS3ASJG - November security patch
- Updated S10(e) files to G97*FXXS3ASJG - November release
- Fully integrated previous mods and features
- Added back Android 9 apps as default, Android 10 apps are now Aroma Selectable
- Added Android 10 fonts and emojis (Samsung and AOSP)
- Added Samsung Daily (Android 10 Bixby Home)
- Updated AdAway (4.3.0)
- Updated EdgeLighting+ (1.0.25)
- Updated MultiStar (2.5.02)
- Updated NavStar (1.0.00.16)
- Updated Nice Catch (1.0.03.1)
- Updated Task Changer (2.7.00.0)
- Updated Samsung Email (184.108.40.206)
- Updated Samsung Calculator (10.1.10.8)
- Updated Samsung Video Library (220.127.116.11)
- Updated & patched Samsung Internet (11.0.00.55)
- Patched TouchWiz Launcher for 8 icons dock
- Fixed the scripts wipe of Call of Duty
- Make sure you have compatible TWRP installed - downloads and instructions here
- Download the ROM, and transfer to your phone / external SD card
- Boot the phone into TWRP
- Flash downloaded zip
- coming from previous hadesRom, no wipe is needed
- coming from any other setup than hadesRom, full wipe is mandatory - Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data (or select wipe in Aroma options)
- Use reboot recovery button to boot up rooted
- Optional - update magisk via direct install after booting up
- Optional (F variant only) - download and flash ASK1 modem/bootloader zip and flash it in TWRP as any other zip
- none encountered - make sure you read the notes
- For S10e users having problems with fingerprint reader - if you updated fingerprint you will need a full wipe to revert that, sorry, but if you didn't update - you will never be prompted again to update it (i disabled the service).
- Make sure you backup everything before flashing, things might not work as expected.
- Make at least a backup of sms messages, calendar events and clock alarms using SmartSwitch before flashing the rom.
- If any of Android 10 apps (Clock, Calendar, Keyboard, Weather, Messages, MyFiles) are crashing - clear app data and restore SmartSwitch backup made earlier.
- For Android 10 keyboard not all the languages can be downloaded, if you have issues downloading languages, reflash the rom and unselect Android 10 keyboard.
- If you like my work and want to support the development, you can always send me some pizza/coffee/drugs/drinks or anything else via paypal.me/corsicanu.
*note that i am using link shortening services for statistics, by downloading the rom using the links provided you agree with this